[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mario has been around for over 30 years >people still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

File: microsoft-and-nintendo-team-up.jpg (21KB, 802x499px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-and-nintendo-team-up.jpg
21KB, 802x499px
>Mario has been around for over 30 years
>people still love him and still get excited for his games
>halo has been around for 16 years
>people are already sick and tired of it
How?
>>
One actually got good games.
>>
mario still has good games
halo is a dead series that is ruined by shitty developers
>>
Not enough spinoffs
>>
>>385507881
343 took over
>>
I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.
>>
File: 1501299821583.gif (2MB, 321x245px) Image search: [Google]
1501299821583.gif
2MB, 321x245px
Actually, around 3DLand and NSMBU we were kind of getting sick of Mario

We don't care about Mario Sports games either

I think Odyssey is the only Mario game that actually looks interesting.

Mario Kart 8 is pretty much a rerelease who gives a fuck.
>>
i like halo man
i haven't played since 2 though
>>
>>385508026
>we
>>
>>385507881
halo killed arena shooters and dumbed down fps gameplay in general
>>
>>385508091
>ut2004 came out after halo 1
>>
>>385507986
This, Halo should have finished with Reach. 343 completely turned the chief on his head and they tried to make the games more "cinematic"
>>
File: 306529.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
306529.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>385508085
>not being part of the hivemind
>>
File: Sonic_and_MJ.jpg (91KB, 550x322px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_and_MJ.jpg
91KB, 550x322px
>>385507923
>>385507953
People still like sonic tho
>>
>>385507881
Its mostply people getting tired of 1st person shooters. so far only one that strive is CoD/ BF multiplayer
>>
People still enjoy Mario games?
I always thought it was one of those more self fulfilling prophesies thing.
>>
>>385508185
How can /v/, and the entire of 4chan in general, be a hivemind if all we do is contradict each other?
>>
>>385507881
Autistic manchildren never get tired of things
>>
Minecraft is more popular.
>>
New devs made too many changes to Halo that fans didn't like.
Meanwhile Mario usually satisfies everyone.
>>
>>385508475
>Minecraft is more popular.

For now
>>
Halo has complex elements that you can fuck up if you don't understand the series, Mario is so simple you cannot fuck it up unless you do something Hotel Mario-tier

Also Mario like every Nintendo game has the +10 bonus
>>
They gave Halo to another developer.
Halo releases still managed to get on general news when Bungie were around.

Teenage boys like Halo so it's seen as problematic unlike child friendly Mario characters
>>
>>385508416
we're schizophrenic
>>
>>385508575
>nintendo bonus
just make a console war wojak thread, you will get more entertainment out of that
>>
>>385508575
>bonus
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>385507881
Halo stopped innovating and instead started imitating COD
>>
>>385508215
not really
only people that care about sonic nowadays are hardcore sonic fans, most people agree that the series became shit
>>
>>385507881
Halo made the same game 5 times. With the sole exception of a terrible RTS series. Mario has like 50 spinoff games in different genres.
>>
>>385508725
>>385508750

>Literally no arguments against something that actually happens
>>
Halo started off as a arena(lite) fps with a rather straight forward campaign and amazing level design. Halo 2 added a little to the multiplayer but took away from the campaign. Halo 3 added to both but a lot would say they added too much to the multiplayer. Reach, 4 and 5 completely changed the formula in multiplayer and went with something more akin to Call of duty than the previous titles in the series.

They alienated the original fanbase with reach and bored the new fans with 4 and 5. Although 5 is a big improvement imo
>>
>>385508810
>actually happens
In your delusional mind perhaps
>>
>>385508553
I doubt Halo will be as popular as Minecraft because that one is availalbe everywhere.
>>
>>385507881
Simple
When most, (commonly) people play a platformer, they play whatever new Mario is out.

When you want your shooter fix, you had a hundred different sticks to scratch that itch between each game, youre easily more likely to burn the fuck out.

Yes, there's other platformers out there. But people like mario. If something is close enough to be mario, they'll play mario instead.
>>
Mario had a simple story that no one expected much from, people were perfectly comfortable with it having a bunch of different spin offs

Halo, Master Chef had a story with a beginning, middle, and end. but it didn't end, and when they extended that end the games were worse
>>
HALO IS A DEAD MEME

the game killed itself
Also two different communities
>>
File: duke2.jpg (59KB, 490x519px) Image search: [Google]
duke2.jpg
59KB, 490x519px
>>385507881
Halo was never good. At its best it was a mediocre, bland FPS. The only reason it became a franchise is that it was the first FPS for millions of console kiddies.
>>
>>385510236
You're still waiting for duke nukem bruh? Lmao
>>
>>385507881
>>Mario has been around for over 30 years
>>people still love him and still get excited for his games
>>halo has been around for 16 years
>>people are already sick and tired of it
I'm gonna need a source on these hot opinions
>>
>>385510414
source: i agree with him
>>
>>385510236
>mediocre, bland FPS
>posts douk
lol
>>
Mario is an incoherent and uptight universe that allows for many entries and cameos in other games and contributions to different genres.

Halo is an FPS that tries to keep telling a serious story even though the story originally envisioned has been concluded by its creators.
>>
>>385510414
His source is /v/. Disregard absolutely anything and everything OP says.
>>
>>385508085
>Wuz
>>
Mario is a classic icon so he's a sacred cow that can't be touched, and did so back when gaming wasn't socially accpetable.

Halo got big right as gaming was establishing itself as mainstream and had a huge casual audience so it and other shooters got accused of being dudebro

>>385508091
Quake 4 came out in 2005 and UT3 came out in 2007 you dumb nigger, that's 4 and 6 years after halo respectively. Halo is also an arena shooter itself.

>>385508165
>>385508595
The gaming audience got tired of halo and accused it (incorrectly) of being a generic soulless shooter far before 343 even existed.

jesus anti-343fags are just as bad as 343 apolgists at this point

>>385508786
The average mario game inside the same subseries is far more samey then the average Halo game, though.

>>385508870
You don't know what you are talking about, 5 removed all the CoD elements and returned even starts, and reach isn't similar to CoD at all, the loadouts in reach are litterally just choosing an armor ability, it's nothing like loadouts in CoD-esque shooters.

Also

>Halo 2 took away from the campaign
Are you fucking insane?

CE's campaign had barely any weapon and enemy variety, had mazes of copy pasted coordiros and wide open empy ass fields that were just for padding, barely any sense of scale or visual variation, and outright reused levels. It's repetitive and tedious as shit.

It's like the bad missions in Halo 2, except for an entire campaign. Even Silent Cartographer, a fucking excellent mission, still suffers from the flaws above.
>>
>>385510314
ayy lmao breh

kill yourself you nigga
>>
>>385510236
>strong visual design that uses the entire color spectrum instead of just red, brown, and gray
>amazing music and audio
>puts effort into both single player and multiplayer vs just doing one and halfassing the other like 90% of shooters
>has tons of user content creation tools, is highly modular
>has one of thw largest EU's and lore in the entire industry

If Halo never became popular with dudebros /v/ would put it on the same pedestal as metal gear and stalker.
>>
File: doomguy death incarnate.png (1KB, 96x128px) Image search: [Google]
doomguy death incarnate.png
1KB, 96x128px
>>385510491
>>385510314
Duke 3d is better than Halo in every single regard. Not a game in the series comes close to it. Not to mention Doom, Quake, Heretic + Hexen, Shadow Warrior, RoTT etc.

The sole reason for Halo's popularity is that it was the first FPS for millions of console children.
>>
>>385510815
Doom far surpasses it in every category except lore which is dumb anyways. So do Quake and Duke Nukem. When Halo came out I couldn't believe all the hype and praise it was getting, even from friends of mine, when everything about it was inferior to games released years before.
>>
>>385510843
You’re going all out with your trolling, lad
>>
>>385510843
>RoTT
nah halo is better than that
>>
>>385508387
It's one of those disconnects between the vocal day-to-day gaming community discussion and what people are actually buying. The big Mario titles consistently sell above average to very well. Just the trailers to Odyssey are getting huge view counts. People just don't really talk about it cause, well, it's just Mario, isn't it? But clearly it's reaching a big market and doing so from game to game.
>>
>>385511102
>t. didn't have a PC in the 90's
You're right, Halo is the best FPS ever and one of the greatest games the world has ever seen. Nothing else can compare to the majesty of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCQPu72e0XI
>>
>>385507881
343i turned Halo into pretty bland and generic scifi when it was already following a pretty standard scifi formula to begin with. What stood out was that it had some very pointed lore, good designs, and most of all it was a fun physics engine to base an FPS in that others didn't have. All that pretty much just went out the window with 343.
>>
>>385507881
Halo 4 ruined the Halo series. I have never seen such a steep decline of a playerbase for a Triple-A franchise than that game's multiplayer. It only had 10.5k people a few months after release. The DLC playlists were dead as fuck.
>>
>>385508165
>should have finished with Reach
Should have ended with Halo 3: ODST.
Reach was dogshit and its financial success was one of the main reasons why Halo 4 ended up being so awful.
>>
>>385508780
Are you kidding me? Sonic still sells like crazy, look at the numbers if you dont beleive me
>>
From Halo 3 onwards the franchise has been egregiously mishandled. Bungie stepping down and 343i picking up the mantle marked the end of Halo's relevancy. the only way I see these games continuing on in a meaningful way is through a reboot.
>>
>>385507881
master chiefs entire personality is just "man with a gun"
all he does in every game is shoot aliens
gets boring pretty fucking quickly

Mario is a colorful weird looking italian plumber who has done all kinds of things in all kinds of different types of games.
>>
>>385511009
Except halo (as a series) is objectively is better then those titles in most of the regards I just stated.

I agree the first Halo game is overrated, but even it's still better then it's predecessors in the genre in many ways even if it doesn't do anything that new. It's derivative improvement in a lot of regards.

>>385511509
I doubt reach had anything to do with H4 coming out how it did. The loadouts in reach are just armor abilities, it has almost nothing in common with CoD, wheras Halo 4's MP was blatently CoD inspired.

>>385511581
You clearly know nothing about Halo.

>>385511332
The lore is actually in the best place it's ever been in terms of book quality, there's been like 10 books released in the past few years alone and all of them have been fall of reach quality or better.

Granted, the state of the universe itself is in a bad spot, but the pieces of media themselves for the EU are great.
>>
>>385511519
Take all the furries into account c:)
>>
>>385507881
There are countless AAA FPS games, to the point where, whatever your preference is, you can find dozens of games like it, give or take.
With AAA Platformers, though, the choices are much more slim. It's not that Mario is some sort of masterpiece of a series, it's just that it doesn't have much competition, so something like Mario Odyssey looks exciting as fuck for the sole reason that there aren't many games coming out like it (and I'm not counting indie platformers because they're terrible about 90% of the time, ESPECIALLY 3D platformers).
Meanwhile, if they announce a new Halo, it's not really a big deal. There's already dozens of stale repetitive FPS games coming out every month, why get excited for another drop in the ocean?
>>
>>385511723
>better music and sound than DOOM
>better visual design
>better single and MP
>better user content creation
No to all of those. The first three are subjective but how can you say Halo has better content creation than Doom, or even Duke or Quake? Are you aware of the thousands of mods available, as well as hundreds of thousands of wads?
>>
>>385507881
I used to be a massive Halofag but Halo 4 was so terrible I can't bring myself to play any more.
>>
>>385511723
>I agree the first Halo game is overrated, but even it's still better then it's predecessors in the genre in many ways even if it doesn't do anything that new. It's derivative improvement in a lot of regards.

How? Halo did somethings rather well (decent enemy diversity, some neat AI, solid vehicles segments) but I'd hardly call it better than any other shooter before it. The two weapon limit in the single player is fucking retarded and there's a stretch of the game that's just copy pasted rooms with randomly placed enemies because Bungie ran out of time.

Halo as a series is only popular because it was the first online fps experience for a generation of kids. I mean CS was there and semi popular, but CS just can't work on a controller so Halo 2 stole its thunder.
>>
>>385507881
Mario is much more versatile. He can practically be in anything, you can give him a gun and it still works. He's the icon of gaming for a reason.
>>
i liek both
>>
>what is Halo 4
>what is Halo 5
>what is 343i
>>
>>385507881
One has a personality and charm
The other is some generic guy in a biker helmet.
>>
>>385513368
Isn't Halo just a spiritual successor to Marathon?
>>
>>385513368
BING BING WAHOO
>>
Halo 5 is fucking awful

The community is full of autistic manchildren who take the game too seriously

rip halo
>>
>people are already sick and tired of it
People are sick and tired of 343's Halo. Bungie's Halo never gets old.
>>
>>385513368
>The other is some generic guy in a biker helmet
I think one of the biggest mistakes Halo made was in their later art direction. Not necessarily the designs themselves, but in an adherence to trying to chase that realism goal. The suits just look like the generic super detailed future armor you see all the time now. The helmet is the most iconic part, but it's lost under all the bits and pieces. The game doesn't have to be cell shaded or anything, but it would've done better to keep some kind of stylized approach to the armor and designs that help them stand apart from other scifi military series.
>>
>>385510576
KANGZ
>>
I am legitimately and unironically glad that Halo killed the FPS genre if it means Quakefags don't get what they want. You don't know the meaning of staunch elitism until you talk to the average overweight Quakefag.
>>
It's funny seeing oldfag saying bullshit about 343i and sucking Bungie's dick. How is that Destiny 2 lads?
>>
File: lolchef.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lolchef.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>385513613
Halo did no mistake, there is no character behind MC armor at all because they wanted to player to self insert, this is why stupid shit like pic related happens, there is no MC character to show, it's just a waliking helmet and armor.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.