[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>if you don't like pyre you hate story games and can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 31

File: Pyre_Wallpaper_01.jpg (891KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pyre_Wallpaper_01.jpg
891KB, 1920x1080px
>if you don't like pyre you hate story games and can't read
What kind of shit is this? Are people serious?
>>
>>385505068
>tfw canno tsave scum in pyre
what gives
>>
>>385505068
/v/ has a real shill problem. And I don't necessary mean they're getting paid, I mean their behavior is drone-like. They consider any and all criticism of a game they like to be "shitposting", they think if you dislike the game you haven't played it (or haven't played it enough, or if you've played it a lot you obviously couldn't have hated it), etc. It's the same tired arguments again and again, and again and again and again. Might even be the same people frankly. The only thing you can hope is that eventually they'll go away (to some new game) and you can finally have honest discussions.
>>
>people claiming goty
But how can a visual novel be game oty? I don't get it.
>>
>>385505239
>And I don't necessary mean they're getting paid
EVOLVE pinned thread proved you otherwise.
>>
>>385505068

I just finished Pyre actually a few hours ago. I really rather liked it, despite the fact that I think the actual gameplay/Rites is pretty weak. It's definitely the weakest gameplay SuperGiant has offered.

I really liked how well it does the "Your decisions result in actual dialogue blurbs and consistent feedback".

It's pretty flawed, but it really does nail the whole forcing you to make uncomfortable decisions (e.g. who to free, it happens with such frequency you can't possibly see all the stories, etc).

Altogether, typical Supergiant. Bizarre, artsy, great title with some severe weaknesses (Pyre's is the actual gameplay itself).
>>
>have two titans active
>plus hope to enemy
>better AI
>start to get shit on
>at notmal
Am I just that bad, the enemy start to do some pretty bullshit combo.
>>
>>385505068
It has the best gameplay of all Supergiant games so far unless you're a bullied manchild who hates sports.
>>
>>385505362

I don't know; I only sparsely used titan stars, but I'd advise the same as the other supergiant games; the difficulty modifiers that actually upgrade the AI are always a massively troublesome increase, and most of the others are meaningless.

I did not lose a single Rite, which is almost a tragedy in retrospect because there's definitely paths and storylines to be seen if you set opposition free. I'm curious, but not curious enough to replay the tedious gameplay of 26-some-odd Rites.
>>
Got a 2.4 Gig update just now and there are no news about it. Anyone already updated and knows what it is?
>>
>>385505438
The AI Increase one (Yslach) is also worth 10%, as opposed to 3% for the others.
>>
>>385505876
According to the developer it's to help it run on lower end machines and some resolution shit. It was in the steam discussions. I only skimmed it.
>>
>>385505068
It's a good game. People just expect it to be an RPG when it's not.
>>
File: 779.gif (1MB, 499x654px) Image search: [Google]
779.gif
1MB, 499x654px
>my face when Jodi dunks
>>
Imagine a world where Erisa just waited her goddamn turn and didn't screw over Oralech
>>
>>385505194
Yeah, live with the consequences.
You can still restart the rites.
>>
>>385507023
Oralech is a dick, jumps at you and Sandalwood for no reason, acts arrogant and mighty and then kills himself. He's a bit of a better person if he returns home but fuck that.
>>
>>385506856
Bertrude has the most satisfying dunk as her jump.
>>
>>385507313
It was a tough choice for me, because I tried to act as close to the Scribes as possible and was okay with giving up my freedom so that others may as yet be free, and Oralech had already been anointed and was owed his freedom. But the one I had chosen to go last was Hedwyn, with Jodariel and Rukey already sent, and even though Hedwyn wanted to keep his promise I decided I would stay to let him return to keep my side of it, and because he was important to Jodi, Rukey and essentially the leader of the new Nightwings. I stayed, with Ti'Zo and Volfred.
>>
>>385507436
>He sent Bertrude home
>He sent Bertrude home WITHOUT Sandalwood

Why
>>
>>385507532
Because I wanted the old Nightwings to remain, and to face Oralech in the final rite.
>>
>>385507313

He deserved to go home the most,
in my opinion. He got screwed over by everyone. Why wouldn't the Scribes just let him go home? Goddamn. He earned it fair and square.
>>
>>385507650
I think he deserved to go home at the point he earned it, but in his current state no longer. I think he became the inverse of Soliam Murr. He was great before, but opposite Soliam his submersion in the waters and transformation into a demon made him the exact opposite. And where Soliam was willing to give up his freedom so others could have it, Oralech wanted everyone else to give up theirs so he could have his.
>>
>>385507650
Scribes screwed him up, sure, but in the final rites the one who deserves their freedom is the champion, and fuck him I am the champion.
>>
>>385507734
The only reason he became bitter and hostile was specifically because they WOULDN'T let him go home. Dude got betrayed and nearly killed, tried to get what is rightfully his, only for the Scribes to go "nah,
son. You ain't going home because shut up". Then he has to live in the Downside for another decade, waiting for his chance.
>>
>>385507860

Letting him go free, to me, is the epitome of the teachings of the Scribes -- to give up on my freedom so he may yet have his.
>>
>>385507878
In a sense that made him what he claimed to be though, the True Nightwings. The adversary we all face, but in this case for the Nightwings, and everyone who conducts the rites.

He also very much did do something to prevent himself from attaining his prize: The only failure is to stray from the path.
>>
>>385507957
Don't know man, I don't think he deserved it more than my companions. If he acted just a bit different or something maybe I would think about it, but even in front of the light tunnel he's a jackass. I went myself because my last champion was the snake witch and I didn't want to separate her with Sandalwood so I decided to go myself.
>>
>>385507968

He only strayed from the path specifically because they would not let him go home. This is where it all comes down to;
it's not as if he was bitter and hateful BEFORE. He became that SPECIFICALLY because his freedom was deprived because he got fucked over. It's entirely different. Dude climbed back up the mountain half-dead and was turned away at the Scribesgate because the Scribes woke up on on the wrong side of the bed.
>>
>>385508107
He was pushed off the cliff and by the time he recovered and regained consciousness he was already in a state that made him ineligible. There was no slow stirring where they let him sit around and fucked him like you pretend. In fact he gains passage through the gate again to take the summit to face you during the final rite, specifically because as the Minstrel explains, he is still anointed. Striving with you has actually redeemed him back into eligibility, which he hadn't before.
>>
>>385508107
That's not really what happened though, his friend betrayed him and went into the tunnel herself.
>>
>>385507968
But he didn't stray from the path, he followed it right to the end, except his path was a dead-end. He did literally everything the rite expected of anyone and was denied regardless by forces entirely outside of him. If the same thing happened to you or your anointed you'd be just as pissed.
>>
>>385508220

Didn't she, like, explode, as a result?
That's what you get for trusting a murderer.
>>
>>385508289
He knocked at the gate expecting to be let in and was turned away.

Then, later, with you around, he starts to conduct the rites against you again and bam, right through the gate as the Minstrel says.

Is there a clearer point of him walking/not walking the path?
>>
>>385508289
Well next time he should pick better triumvirate that will respect him, none of your guys betray you or your liberation pick.
>>
>>385508327

How about the fact he shouldn't HAVE to do the rites again? He already DID them. He already got his prize. He literally already did everything he needed to in order to get his freedom. Why should he have to do it again? Because his friend is a murderess? How is it his fault at all?
>>
>>385508396
That's also a good point. Technically they all succeed or fail together, the three shall act as one. So a betrayal within the Nightwings means they all fail.
>>
>>385508396

I mean, Pametha does. She just admits to it.
>>
>>385508434
>How about the fact he shouldn't HAVE to do the rites again?

The only failure is to stray from the path.

Downside is a continued test. Everything about it is.
>>
>>385506781
damn, I was hoping for some more content but I guess it's way too early for that kinda stuff
>>
>>385508495
Speech vs. action.
>>
>>385505362
>better AI on
>quickness modifier on
>respawn time shortener modifier on
>go against the trash pack

did not end well for me
>>
>>385508514

>followed the path
>get to liberation rites
>win
>don't get freedom
>nightwings are defunct because Sandlewood so can't do rites again anyway
>>
>>385508495
Eh, I did as she asked me let her sister win and be liberated and afterwards she said she has no other reason by to stay with the Nightwings, remain loyal and see it to the end - for she no longer has her sister holding her feelings.
>>
>>385508585
I like to play high-stakes where I make their pyre recover if they hit mine, take more damage if they hit mine, not get banished if they hit mine, start with less health on mine, and something else I forgot I think.

Basically everything where them scoring has more impact so I have to play more strategically against them.
>>
>>385508562

I mean in the middle of the uprising,
in one of the endings, she tells her sisters about it and they swoop in and murder a bunch of people, causing their blood to fill the streets.
>>
>>385508327
Because he shouldn't have HAD to be turned away, he shouldn't have had to do even one more rite to earn his freedom. The a whole elaborate set-up of rules surrounding these rites, but only applied when it came to screwing him over. He completely earned his freedom in line with those rules, yet did not receive it.
>>
>>385508594
>follow path
>win
>denied by betrayal within his own triumvirate, i.e. not three as one
>abandoned path, doesnt recruit new people as they'd have no after any liberation anyway
>knocked on gate demanding to be let in despite not conducting rites
>rage like baby
>cursed scribes
>continued to curse scribes for years
>finds rivals, forms triumvirate, conducts rites
>instantly through the gate because still anointed and walking the path
>>
>>385508738
You're thinking of it like only the liberation rite's outcome matters and not the entire experience and path to enlightenment. I.e. you're thinking of it like he just won the superbowl or something and now he's owed his trophy.
>>
>>385508746

Most of that is irrelevant anyway. The Nightwings didn't exist so it didn't matter if he conducted the rites or not. Sandlewood had all the equipment and he dumped it in a sand pit.
>>
>>385508851
He had no issue getting a new wagon for the true ones, did he? Or new guys.
>>
>>385508650
>>385508690
I set her free without her having completed the arc with her sister fully apparently (I guess there was one more thing that I would've had to trigger? I thought it had finished, and they did badly on favor.) and the game did mention their inability to reconcile, but she stayed loyal during the Scribes' Return and there was zero bloodshed.
>>
>>385508880

The Liberation Rites must be conducted against the Nightwings. This is the reason why everyone is butthurt you've been missing.
>>
>>385508035
He deserves it way more. He fought. like your companions. He won, like your companions. HIS companion betrayed him, and the Voice and the Scribes refused to allow him to ascend. They broke their own rules and forced him to keep fighting, despite the Voice getting salty at YOU for breaking the rules in his eyes. Everything he did was just, fuck the Scribes and the Rite
>>
>>385508987
He can also conduct them AS the Nightwings, as he literally did. It was up to him to recruit new people into the triumvirate, as they'd done after Brighton.
>>
>>385505251
Magical basketball is fun tho.
>>
>>385505239
This. Bastion and Transistor were perfect FotMs, so now devs have an indulgence for lazy rehashes.
>>
I'll probably end up playing this game again for several times but I'll have to square up something: I really didn't like the rites gameplay wise. Maybe it'll change once I get decent enough in them. And the soundtrack was pretty bland compared to Bastion and Transistor. It was ok ambient music but not great a part from few stronger songs it could have been just your general run-of-the-mill EPIC FANTASY MIX from youtube. Bastion OST had a general sense of urgency and danger in it pushing you forward on your quest. Transistor OST had the ongoing theme of bittersweet sorrow with futuristic touch.
>>
>>385509026

No, he can't. Did you not pay attention? Regardless of what he wants to call them, he is not the Nightwings, as described and created by the Scribes. The Traveling Minstrel says this. It's just ironic that it's Nightwings vs "Nightwings" but it doesn't change the fact it's not the same Nightwings as appointed by the Scribes. He NEEDS to beat you in the Liberation Rite, he says it when he crashes into your wagon.
>>
>>385509020
He won the rite once, my companion won the rite once, how does he deserve it more?
>>
>>385509026
He literally has no reason to do so. That's like you winning against me in an actual game of basketball, then someone cold clocks you with 2 seconds left on the clock and I force you to start the entire game again.

And also I'm 100 feet tall and wearing a powdered wig. And you have horns.
>>
>>385508651
quite difficult to have a tactical match if the enemy wipes you in less than 15 seconds or rushes you
>>
>>385509170
The mouseover for the True Nightwings even describes them as a splinter faction of the Nightwings, and he arrived at the Summit literally favored the same way the Nightwings did. I'm pretty sure he qualifies.
>>
>>385508835
Yeah, because that's exactly how it works. You think most of the jackoffs that can beat you in the rites and go home all reached enlightenment? All the spiritual sides of the journey and the metaphors around enlightenment and acting as one are just that, metaphors. What the scribes intended the rites to be only matters so much as the exiles choose to interpret them, and they so often don't. So when the rules say "Do this and you go home", he's not exactly unreasonable for being salty when that doesn't happen.
>>
How viable is this game for competitive play?
>>
>>385509175

blahblahblah give up your freedom so he may yet have his blahblahblah moral highground blahblahblah. Fuck the Scribes teachings. I want out of here.
>>
>>385509210
That's why you gotta play defensively with those settings.

>>385509185
Except it's not an isolated game of basketball. Your entire existence within Downside is in essence the scribe's trial. And also it would be someone from your own team coldclocking you.
>>
>>385509220
This actually raises a bit of a plot hole to me. If he's a Nightwing, he is sent to the same place you are because you're reading where the next Rite for the Nightwings are. However, let's say your final opponent is the Withdrawn. He is there instead, meaning he beat them? If so he'd ascend. If not, he's stepping in the way of another team and yet the Voice is willing to initiate a battle between the two of you and it counts as a real final rite. How, though? Remember, the last time he fought you the Voice said it was an abomination and LEFT because it wasn't a real Rite.
>>
Favorite and most fun team set up for you?
For me it was Ti'Zo, Pametha and either Hedwyn/Bae/Gilman.
>>
>>385509308
Before the final fight in Sandalwood's Dictionary all the teams are crossed out, so maybe that has something to do with it? I mean you don't even have a last pre-liberation fight, as your opponent quits.
>>
>>385509325
Gilman, Ruck and Jodi. I call it the mega fast slam jam. It's not all that practical, but it was fun when it worked out.
>>
>>385509256
>>385509308
Those kind of points raise the interesting question of how much control the Scribes have and how much control the Voice has.

The Voice, Androbeles, is obviously the very symbol of the corrupted Commonwealth and not the original Scribes teachings, and he has some interest in continuing to have nice external enemies for the Commonwealth to unite against and an inner circle of gullible, pliable or vain returners that maintain the status quo. So he certainly would have incentive to fuck up some of that shit, but its hard to say how much he really controls, and its even harder to say how much "active" control the scribes really have over any of this, or if Oralech was basically boned by what is essentially a mechanism that can only account for so many flags checked or unchecked.
>>
>>385509392
No, for me only one was crossed out, the ones I had beaten in the last liberation rite before then. There was a bunch who had no way of gaining enough favor anyway, and it was obvious neither of the ones in the book would be the ones you fight too, but they definitely didn't all get crossed out.

Though the ones for the final regular rite literally did not show up, it was the Essence, and they had not been crossed out. Just didn't show. No Sigil, instant win after one dunk on a non-burning pyre.
>>
>>385509417

People break the rules literally all the time in the Rites and no one does anything about it.
>>
>>385509486
Did you check it right before the final star? That's when it shows that they are all crossed out.
>>
>>385509417
He seems to have zero control. Remember the ending? He seems utterly suprised it took so long for the beam to appear. So it seems like he actually just announces shit, and the Scribes (or some sort of energy remaining from them) control things based on set flags, such as one team being confirmed a rite victor. Now with that in mind, it makes even less sense that Oralech can operate as he does because he's not going to the place the stars tell him to go and it is a rule of the rite that you cannot field more than 3 people. If he is indeed "you" as a Nightwing, there are 6 Nightwings on the field.
>>
>>385509527
>herald says to stop blaspheming or they're getting thrown out
>continues to blaspheme
>herald does jack shit
>>
>>385509552
Him being able to enter without visiting the places makes sense, Minstrel explains it as him already being anointed, plus Nightwings are favored and all.

But yeah the 6 man is an issue.
>>
>>385509175
Well then why doesn't YOUR companion just wait and win ANOTHER rite. The point isn't that he's more or less worthy, it's that he's exactly as worthy. He does everything your character did to earn his freedom; yet for him to go free he has to earn it twice over or receive it entirely at your mercy. He shouldn't have to compete with your companion for it, they should both receive it because they both earned it
>>
>>385509552
How about the fact that you or the losing demon guy were allowed to pass for some reason despite not having the ability prior? What gives? Why were they so sure it was going to work?
>>
>>385509610
She really doesn't mind some occasional blaspheming at the gate that much after all.
>>
>>385509325
Hedwyn/Ti'zo/Gilman. Working as 3 to score. Anyone who gets banished gets returned through getting their corpse run over or gilman banishing enemies and can quickly rejoin the fight through Ti'zo death portals. Not the most practical setup but its helping me learn to actually play as a team with a bit of crutches when I fail to dodge enemy attacks
>>
>>385509663

The Withdrawn literally invoke a greater titan that gets more power the more his name his said. He is literally "who that should not be named". And she just sits there, jerking off, and doing nothing about it, even after a warning. The Rites are a farce.
>>
>>385509636
Oralech was pre-anointed so he could pass.

The reason you can pass is literally told to you in a page of the book that reveals during the final days. That your fate as a Reader is not as bad as that of an exile, and that the Scribes will provide a way for YOU to gain your freedom before the end of the age.
>>
>>385509629
Because the rites were a broken system. Glad that shit is over now.
>>
>>385509629
As I said prior, they weren't three as one. It is not my fault the Scribes' rules are bullshit and his companions are traitors. He wanted his own liberty but my companions wanted each other's liberty; they each wanted to go home, sure, but they weren't willing to jump for it. How the hell did they even win a rite with that setup.
>>
>>385509748

'cause Oralect was basically the Michael Jordan of rites.
>>
Anyone else find it disappointing that Brighton has so much to say about Volfred, who was his successor to the triumvirate but he didn't actually ever personally meet, but basically nothing about Oralech who he conducted the rites with?
>>
>>385509745
>a way for you to gain your freedom
>the only way is that for some reason your champion decides you can now pass and exchanges places with you

Quite the bullshit, and I didn't read the last page - my fault. I was busy with Sandra.
>>
>>385509841

I think that's the point. He has such a hateboner for you and Volfred's plan that he doesn't give a fuck about anything else as long as YOU lose.
>>
>>385509861

It's not that bullshit if they took the Scribe's teachings to heart, to give up their freedom so you may yet go free. I guess that's the point?
>>
>>385509861
Well, the Shimmer-Pool acts strangely and the Minstrel explains the passing and the possibility.
>>
>>385509939
He also mentioned to me that he considered me as a possible successor to his position. Guess that made my betrayal sting even harder.

Though you'd think he'd be worried about Oralech tracking him down if he gains his freedom and how he feels about it all.
>>
>>385509861
That goes exactly with the Scribes teachings. I found it to be quite an amazing wham situation, because when you dwell on it it actually makes perfect sense. It's just as Oralech says, though, it's a dickhead move by people who were not the heroes people think they were.
>>
>>385509861
The page, if you wanna look for it by the way is, I believe, "On Legacy".
>>
>>385510053

I mean, he had nothing to do with Oralech's betrayal. He was out way before. He got his freedom fair and square.
>>
So why didn't the commonwealth just throw in all the returning exiles back to the downside?
>>
>>385510053
Considering he is a massive cunt to you the entire way through? I am 100% sure he was saying that just in the vain hopes that you'd turn against your master. Or, you know, he was saying it because he is a petty cunt.
>>
>>385510103
He was the Voice presiding over it by that time.
>>
>>385510131
>the entire way
He isn't, though. He softens up to you after a while.
>>
>>385510113
Because the Commonwealth see the exiles who come back as cleaned of all of their sins and ready to return to society. They are corrupted, but they are the kind of corrupt that values their ways more than anything else.

Remember, everyone who goes back up is offered big positions and the government is fucking shocked anyone is rejecting their claims. Plus it's not like someone can go "hey, watch out for the boys in blue" because everyone wears a white robe when they return.
>>
>>385510113

Because they hadn't committed any crimes yet and have to keep appearances. The Scribes are held as gods; to go against their teachings, however distorted they now might be, is blasphemous.
>>
I don't even know why the voice was blaming me.
>>
>>385510152

And? He has no actual power or control. He's basically an announcer.
>>
>>385510192
He really doesn't. At best he grows amused by you but he's only like that for a moment and he's still a complete cunt.
>>
>>385510080
It's also a dickhead move by him to want everyones chance at freedom to go away for good because he dislikes it, and asking everyone else to stand aside and give up their chance so he can get his freedom first.

He is the Anti-Soliam Murr. Goes from Good to Bad, instead of Bad to Good.
>>
>>385510197
They nearly exile Pametha again in my playthrough, since she decides to leave the Commonwealth immediately and seek her sister. They don't do that, but still.
>>
>>385510252
Iunno, might depend on who you're facing. He first was plainly on my side against the Yslach guys.
>>
>>385510269

I don't think he wants everyone's chance for freedom to go away. I think he just wants the rites to be done with because it's a fucked up system that turns people against each other for a singular chance at freedom that you might not get -- which is true. He wants the process to freedom to be changed, not the act itself.
>>
>>385510204
The scribe aren't actually held as gods (at least not until you send Ayy home for her to found that faith, before then her religious belief in them was part of what got her exiled in the first place), and they're not entirely beyond screwing them over even after they're freed. Tamitha is at least one example of that
>>
>>385510375
There's literally nothing else though. The Downside's boundaries are completely impenetrable and the closest thing you get to what you say he wants is the Sahrian Union abolishing the practice of exiling people.
>>
>>385510221
Bias, he just wanted a reason to shit on you and Freedomtree
>>
>>385510406
She doesn't found it. It's said the group existed before and she is invited to join them.

Still feels wrong to send her because as the ending mentions she does not actually fit any of the 8 masks/races.
>>
>>385510204
>Because they hadn't committed any crimes yet
Like that have stopped them before. They literally cast out people because they don't like them.
>>
>>385510438

He doesn't have a solution to the problem, he just hates the problem. "This fucked up system should fuck off," is basically his argument.
>>
>>385510475
The one she was invited to join was the star faith, not the scribe faith
>>
>>385510506
They're also all literally guilty of conspiracy, and the Archjustice being the Voice literally knows.
>>
>>385510475
Should have had send the dog boy with her then.
>>
>>385510529
No, it said her foster family was gonna get her into the Astralists which is the star faith in the messenger imp message. In the ending epilogue overview thing its said the "Eighth Voice" which is the Scribe fate group that already existed invites her to join them.
>>
>>385510535

He can't do anything about it, though. I don't know why that is, but that's what Sandlewood/Lone Minstrel says.
>>
>>385510330
Yes but he punctuates that fight by essentially saying "I don't fucking like you, but I hate them more."
>>
>>385510592
I assume its because so many of the government and higher circles are actually all former exiles in disguise, with fabricated public lives as they explain. So him turning on others who returned in glory would vastly upset his inner circle and security of his position.
>>
>>385510438
The Scribes were just regular dudes and they forged a way for others. Messenger imps can go through also so there must be a way. Maybe they'll just have to wait for the Astral-born to come back and slay it again for extra star power.
>>
File: Anger.jpg (57KB, 445x459px) Image search: [Google]
Anger.jpg
57KB, 445x459px
>Backup all the save files
>Mess around in the game doing the worst decisions to see what happens
>Copy and paste backups back
>Game ignores it and still has the previous data I fucked around with
THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? Anyone managed to save-scum properly? Do I need to start messing with multiple profiles? Help me out here.
>>
>>385510506

There's probably some political reasoning based on how returning exiles are received. Like, they have to maintain the masquerade.
>>
>>385510653
Volfred explains the messenger imps can't go through, they can just push further against the boundary than others, and then his agents on the other side risk their life barely getting close enough to catch shit as they shove it through to the other side. There is no direct point of contact.
>>
>>385510693

I don't understand how this place works, geographically.
>>
>>385510757
It doesn't.
>>
>>385510757
It's some sorta magical shit and the only point of entry is floating down the river and the only point of exit is floating UP the river at the Fall of Soliam.

Manley Tinderstauf literally bankrupts his family trying to find a way out without the rites in the end.
>>
>>385510824

I mean, I wouldn't be that surprised if they developed some sort of means to get exiles out of the Downside. Or, at least, found a way to make the Downside actually hospitable to the point of developing its own country.
>>
To say one more thing about why Oralech couldn't just go and get the freedom he should just have been handed when he returned as many of you say here:

Consider that the only time the Shimmer-Pool does its thing is when the stars align with Soliam, The Golden Star indicating there's a liberation rite. Except there's people conducting that liberation rite, and it's also THEIR shot at freedom to take the ride up that's only available at that time, so no matter what, Oralech was demanding that someone else gives up their chance for him, which is exactly as Anti-Scribes and Anti-Path as it gets to demand it, rather than receive it as a mercy, which he can, in the end.
>>
>>385510947

No one was conducting a liberation rite after what happened because the Nightwings no longer existed.
>>
>tfw no golden ending for losing every liberation rite, the only way to keep all your friends together
>Following directly in the scribes footsteps; giving up their own freedom and coming together to strive make the Downside a more hospitable place
>Meanwhile the Commonwealth is being increasingly turned to shit with the return of the likes of anarchist doggos, cultist witches, harp terrorists and fuckin' Manley
>As Commonwealth withers, the Downside grows better and more appealing. And unlike the other way around, people can choose to go from the commonwealth to the Downside whenever they wish
>Party are heroes and where it applies get reunited with their loved ones
>>
>>385511004
Which is also technically his fault for not recruiting.

Though it might just be that specifically for the lack of proper conducting the star of Soliam never shines and the Shimmer-Pool never opens. As such he denied even more people their freedom because of his selfishness.
>>
>>385511070

It's not his fault because he was no longer a Nightwing. It's Volfred's fault for waiting so long to recruit.
>>
>>385511039
>Golden Ending
Is there some sort of code to what kind of ending you can receive? I heard some people talking about becoming stars but none of that happened for me.
>>
>>385511039
Except the Downside is inhospitable over long periods because storms wreck any foundation away and force people to be nomadic in a manner of speaking. And the party that remain behind usually have the worst endings aside from a handful, being empty and devoid of meaning.
>>
>>385511129
I don't see how one of them is more or less Nightwing than the other.
>>
>>385511181

Because Volfred has the raiments, the caravan, the Minstrel, and the books.
>>
>>385511161
I stayed behind with Ti'Zo and Volfred and they were fine hanging out with me occasionaly, and me hanging out with Sandra.
>>
>>385511217
And then Oralech had all of that too when he needed it to face you, with no issue.

There's 40 copies of the book, actually enough for spares beyond the 9 Triumvirates.
>>
>>385511161
>And the party that remain behind usually have the worst endings aside from a handful, being empty and devoid of meaning.
They find meaning regardless, maybe not as good of a fate as they would have in Commonwealth but still. Jod' in my case made the plains more hospitable and began helping people who required her help, as well as hooking up and starting a family with Ignatius.
>>
>>385511228
That's why I said usually.
>>
>>385511286

And? He still doesn't have the Nightwing Raiments, which were crafted by the Scribes themselves. He doesn't have the Minstrel, who is the herald for the Nightwings. Regardless of what he calls his triumvirate in his bitterness, it doesn't change the fact he had none of the claim to the Nightwing name outside of "hurr I was in that group before. You guys are FRAUDS". The Nightwings are the group to which all other tribes are tested. Without them, no lib rights would take place. That falls solely on Volfred for feeling incredibly guilty.
>>
>>385511423
I may have gotten a different ending to you. Jodi hooked up with Ig, but it stated it was a temporary and desperate thing. I didn't get any notes about a family or nothing.
>>
>>385511464
Still doesn't change the fact that he would be demanding someone else give up their rite victory for his.
>>
>>385511520

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what I said or my argument. The Nightwings disbanding and, as a result, the lack of Liberation Rites is little fault of his.
>>
File: 719838571.jpg (6KB, 133x200px) Image search: [Google]
719838571.jpg
6KB, 133x200px
Some of the titles and lines in the credits song are the best depending on who goes and who stays.

>Ti'Zo The Wise, ever faithful to the cause of the Nightwings. He remained till the end.
>>
>>385511704
https://youtu.be/xovtIdqKe9A?t=639
>everyone remained
>>
>>385511501

In my ending without the pressure of the rites, they hit it off and ended up living together.
>>
I have no idea how they're gonna release the extended OST for this. Never to Return is what, 9 or 10 versions by itself?

And Bound Together has ... something like 10 lines total all of which have at least 2 if not more different states and variations where a different set of 8 are different each time?

I'm pretty sure I had a different line for Bertrude about "the blackest of curses" despite freeing her because I did he thing where you permanently fuck up the leader of the Withdrawn by invoking Yslachs star.
>>
>>385511985
>I'm pretty sure I had a different line for Bertrude about "the blackest of curses" despite freeing her because I did he thing where you permanently fuck up the leader of the Withdrawn by invoking Yslachs star.
I did that and still got the enchantments line. Maybe it's something to do with Masteries.
>>
File: 1415003805275-1.jpg (43KB, 825x441px) Image search: [Google]
1415003805275-1.jpg
43KB, 825x441px
>>385505239
>>
>>385512128
>masteries
That would actually be pretty amazing if mastery trees (i.e. picking between the virtues of their respective Scribe) influenced the line or maybe even epilogue or revolution.

How enlightened was your Bertrude? Mine was maxed.
>>
>>385512265
Same, I maxed everyone but Sandalwood. I'm pretty sure I choose the path that let you turn people into Howlers
>>
>>385511039
>St Jodariel will never drive all the Howlers out of the Downside
>>
>>385512360
I think I picked 3 from that and 1 from the other? Not sure. The line was something like "struck her enemies with the blackest of curses".

I also sent up a fully enlightened Hedwyn and he was heralded as Gol Golathanian reborn.
>>
>>385509392
Not the based Fates
>>
>>385512572
Fate don't quit? Nice.
Makes me wonder who else might not.
>>
File: 1488429452913.jpg (122KB, 524x469px) Image search: [Google]
1488429452913.jpg
122KB, 524x469px
>>385509663
>Somebody used my line from last thread
>>
>>385512572
>>385512615
Depends, someone has reported that their Fates didn't show
>>
>Go on Steam forums to check something about new game plus
>Devs start their real spoilers off with fake spoilers
Fucking kek, I thought that Rukey was going to end up killing Hedwyn at some point the entire game because that's what the beginning of the spoiler said.
>>
>>385512572
I had final fight with the Demon Guys (Tempers?), but they don't show up, since before that I had like three more fights with them. In the cutscene after Ignatius shows up after apparently unhappy about having to quit, Jod' first gives him a huff and leaves him alone, but then returns and they don't show what happens between the two after. Not for long.
>>
>>385512657
I imagine it has to do with whether or not you still have _ae. I did.
>>
>>385512724
I'm too dumb to figure out how to get to NG+.

I beat the game, watched the credits, got to a library with a giant open window and the sigils of the triumvirates around it, and it just remained there and eventually showed "ESC to go back". So I hit ESC and then Quit, the Quit message was "Freedom can wait".

Launched the game later again, continuing campaign puts me pre-final rite. Which is nice for picking ending variations, but where's NG+?
>>
What's the name of the song that plays during the liberation rites?
>>
>>385512773
She was the last person I sent before the final rite, since I figured at this point things were solidly organized enough that they could make sense of her. Wouldn't wanna have her be the spearhead of your movement, though.
>>
>leaving anyone other than Bertrude, Ti'zo and bird bitch in the Downside
The only other plausible person to leave there is Sandalwood
>>
>>385512860

Never to return.
>>
>>385512860
Never To Return, but it is a different version for every triumvirate, with their theme behind it and lines changed.

The default on the OST is of course the Nightwings.
>>
>>385512812
>I'm too dumb to figure out how to get to NG+.
There apparently isn't. Mutliplayer is supposed to be the "Extended gameplay" side of things this time, unfortunately. I want to play story mode with all titan stars from the start and AI that isn't mandatory molasses slow until the first liberation rite.
>>
>>385512916
Keeping Sandalwood and Ti'Zo worked out super fine, and sending Bertrude up was hugely advantageous.
>>
>>385512950
I noticed the theme, especially with Bark, but didn't realize the lines changed,
>>
>>385513071
There's always be a line containing the name of the triumvirate your facing and about them. The default one has the Nightwings and their role as the adversary for all.
>>
>>385513021
Really? I never gave thought to sending her back because she said she's in it only because of Sandalwood and she doesn't want to go back.
>>
>>385513126
The two of them had a conversation for me where they, and especially Bertrude, seemed to settle for the appreciation they each had for the other and achieved a sort of quiet and steady happiness. Bertrude does a good job of sort of hiding her feelings, but when you anoint her and succeed, and the outcome of it all, makes it pretty obvious she's a strong revolutionary. She basically brings writing and the implements there of into the revolution.
>>
>>385513021
i'd like to keep volfred and bertrude together if possible, even if >25 yr. man never reciprocates

_ae is also fine stuck in the downside, though i sent her up to be with almer

>>385513071
an anon posted the version that plays vs. the fate, with both the nightwings advantage (standard instrumentals) and fate advantage variants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-HVvzMxptk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ixJ-VzHHz0
>>
>>385513239
You mean the convo where she reveals her love for him only to be rejected?
>>
>people freed sir gilman even though he can go home whenever he wants
>people freed bertrude even though she doesn't care about going back
>there are people who didn't free ti'zo or the moon touched girl
>>
>>385513379
There's advantage variants for who has a bigger pyre?
>>
>>385513414
Ti'zo is happier with you because he says you always best understood him.
>>
>>385513430
yup
>>
>>385513379
>_ae is also fine stuck in the downside, though i sent her up to be with almer
At least that much, the rest of the Fates are still there after all.
>>
>>385513541
Their name is The Fate. Singular. Not Fates.
>>
>>385513591
Shut up, I'm horrible with names.
>>
>>385513516
How does it change? Does it fade from one into the other as you score? How does it decide which to start with?
>>
I like how the Scribes came up with all these rules but people constantly cheat and no one does anything about it.
>>
>>385513486
Well that's good to know especially when I freed myself like a pussy
>>
>>385513701
I've only noticed two events of cheating.
>>
File: sadness.gif (3MB, 368x270px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.gif
3MB, 368x270px
>you'll never hold hands with Sandra
>>
>>385513767

She is easily my favorite character in the game.
>>
>>385513767
I honestly thought there'd be one more liberation rite after you're down to only 2 people in which you could win your freedom and Sandra would pop out and stand with the Nightwings as your third.

Maybe there should have been.
>>
>>385513767
Sandra gets sealed for eternity for doing exactly what the Scribes were going to do.

That's kind of fucked up. I don't understand why they, specifically, treated her and her comrades so harshly. Like, goddamn.
>>
>>385513843
that would have been neat as heck, and serve as one of those redeeming acts she was always searching for

>>385513954
i think some of her comrades ended up relenting upon seeing soliam's contrition, but she pressed on
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/app/462770/discussions/0/1471966894872970000/?tscn=1501310396

Help me get this attention so they'll unfuck picking your own masteries for multiplayer.

Most of the Nightwings have better stats than the other characters on the roster leftover from the preset masteries. But when you pick your own that goes out the window.

And the preset masteries are an unbalanced mess
>>
>>385514184

Her comrades are trapped in there with her. That makes even less sense. All things considered, she definitely should have been let out, or allowed to fade away, a while ago.
>>
>>385513414
Being free of guilt doesn't mean that he can leave the downside. It's also self imposed and he'd never go back unless you told him to even given the option
>>
>>385511130
>I heard some people talking about becoming stars but none of that happened for me.
They're referring to the credits sequence where the camera pans up over the characters drawn in such a manner as to suggest constellations.
>>
File: 1365456174481.png (110KB, 269x380px) Image search: [Google]
1365456174481.png
110KB, 269x380px
>Supergiant made a game that was about the journey and not the destination
>It fucking worked
The absolute madmen
>>
>>385514672

The more I play this game, the more I realize the Scribes had no idea what they were doing and made it up as they went along.
>>
>>385514720
t. oralech
>>
>>385513954
Oddly enough the sigil of the beyonders is also the one on the Readers rags and Volfreds forehead.
>>
>>385514761

He has a point. At the very least, if you're going to make people fight each other for freedom, enforce the rules you make instead of letting triumvirates run wild, or even granting them favor IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MATCH COME ON
>>
>>385514720
They definitely made up the Titan kills as they went along.

Jomuer killed the hive-titan by dropping a giant ball of excrement on it.
>>
Man, I can't remember the last time I've ended up liking all of the party members in a game.
>>
>>385514896

Didn't Ti'zo's ancestor kill one by lodging itself in its throat?
>>
>>385514896
Where did he even get all that shit
>>
>>385514954
The Harp apparently killed the horse-titan with the equivalent of casting Ultima or something aswell
>>
>>385514978

There are no toilets in the Downside.
>>
>>385514761
>let's send our criminals to an inescapable hellscape
>if they come back by competing in space jam then they're obviously worthy
>"but what if criminals come back and fuck the system to-"
>SHUT UP, Ha'ub. We'll throw in an op gatekeeper team that will make sure only the worthy get back. duh.
>>
>>385514978
The book (or his fellow scribe writing that page) asks the same question, and says he never told.
>>
File: I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>wrecking the ever loving shit out of the the Chastity in the rites and fucking with Manley outside of them by "accidentally" ramming his wagon.
>>
>>385515065

The Scribes seem like they were a fun bunch of characters.
>>
>>385515050
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has started calling it "the space jam" because shitters constantly tried to compare it to other sports that never fit.
>>
File: 1428003051917.jpg (32KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
1428003051917.jpg
32KB, 400x489px
>>385515071
>Mfw I found out I was going to get to cuck them out of freedom at a liberation rite
Manley's douchebag ass opening speech and cheating were just icing on the cake
>>
>>385515071
>always avoid crashing into the actual bros like The Fate and The Temper
>one time Temper crashes into me as I take off
>Ignarius blames me
>>
>>385515050

Criminals hardly even applies. You could fart on the wrong person and get thrown in the downside for public misconduct.
>>
File: 1365685982363.jpg (20KB, 215x216px) Image search: [Google]
1365685982363.jpg
20KB, 215x216px
>>385515180
>The fates were just chilling on the edge of the map
>Bump into them as I enter with no chance to get out of the way
>>
>>385515206
The Commonwealth exiling good people is pretty much a sign of their corruption. But they still also exiled the actual criminals.

Also even some of the good people on the Nightwings still did commit actual proper crimes.
>>
>>385515230
That happened to me too

Feltbadman
>>
>>385514896
I like to imagine there was a first draft of the book where Ores just went over the top exaggerating fucking everything and it was 10 times the size of all the other chapters combined
>>
File: 1413694056349.png (266KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1413694056349.png
266KB, 640x400px
>>385515050
>Fatal flaw of the plan is that they make one of the gatekeepers unreasonably attractive and The Lone Minstrel betrays the scribes for the dark meat.
>>
>>385515050

You know, the Scribes are 100% watching and clearly give zero fucks about the rules.
>>
File: laughing elf with guitar.jpg (3KB, 116x125px) Image search: [Google]
laughing elf with guitar.jpg
3KB, 116x125px
>>385515180
>the second or third time you crash into the Dissidents Barker actually compliments you on your spunk
It's the little things.
>>
>>385515050
well i think the scribes intended understanding the book of rites as a prerequisite for entry

after everyone became illiterate i think teams just emulated what they were doing previously without comprehending the rites' purpose
>>
>>385515287
I really figured the Lone Minstrel being all pale and drained of color would be revealed as him once having conducted the rites but lost his triumvirate and such their colors and garments so now he was all white.
>>
>>385515071
>Barker actually likes the cut of your jib if you keep ramming into him
Love that dog
>>
>>385515376
Nope. Just contrast to his waifu
>>
This final decision is fucking impossible.
>>
>>385515337

No, it's more like the Liberation Rites needed the Nightwings but Volfred dumped the wagon into a sand dune and fucked off. Which is kind of fucked up when you think about it. NO ONE could go free because of that.
>>
>>385514595
>>385511130
The ending says one day the reader may become a star, but thats it
>>
>>385515415
I mean, she also very much wears all white.
And I guess white actually contains all colors.

It's Volfred who lost his triumvirate.... and thus wears black.
>>
>>385515416
You don't need to send Oralech, he'll go with the flow if you don't send him
>>
>>385515337

You don't really need a reader to participate in the rites. It's just easier.
>>
File: Cj4yji_WEAA5GC3.jpg (50KB, 580x615px) Image search: [Google]
Cj4yji_WEAA5GC3.jpg
50KB, 580x615px
>>385505239
It's a general problem with most people, but especially online.

It's called close-mindedness. People not wanting to challenge their ideas.
>>
>>385515451
wasn't that after the literacy ban though? might have even been a blessing in disguise, if manley's backstory and brighton are any indication of the sorts of people ascending at the time
>>
>>385515557
Same problem with people who decide the game is gonna be garbage in some way and then don't give it a chance to prove them wrong.

So much shitposting about stuff that would be completely changed if they'd played 20 mins longer.
>>
>>385515549
>he'll go with the flow
So that's what they call it nowdays.
>>
>>385515565
I can't remember which Androbeles did the literacy ban. I feel like it was VI and Brighton is IX.
>>
>>385515565

The ban on literacy happened way before the current story happens. The Rites are primarily an oral tradition, as the game states. Interpreting the book is not prerequisite.
>>
>>385515661
>So much shitposting about stuff that would be completely changed if they'd played 20 mins longer.

If you think this applies to Pyre specifically then you're one of the people I was talking about.
>>
>>385515763
What if I think it applies generally?
>>
>>385515763
It happens with plenty of games. Its problem on /v/ in general.
>>
>>385515416
My final decision was how to amuse Sandra when her bio was all wrong.
>>
>>385515692
I mean he threw himself into the river
>>
File: 1415003805275-3.png (8KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1415003805275-3.png
8KB, 473x500px
>>
>>385515813
No, it's a problem with people and online communities in general. People don't like to change their ideas or being wrong. People are also way too defensive about the things they like and think.

It's simple close-mindedness.
>>
File: Anger.png (247KB, 445x459px) Image search: [Google]
Anger.png
247KB, 445x459px
THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? Anyone managed to save-scum properly? Do I need to start messing with multiple profiles? Help me out here.
>>
>>385515831
Is it possible to take the orb with you and ascend? Or will it not come with you, like the book
>>
Isn't being thrown into the Downside basically a death sentence? Some of these reasons for being exiled do not compute to "okay, you're either gonna die on the way down or die in like a week, bye".
>>
>>385516031
>Is it possible to take the orb with you and ascend?
Yes
>>
>>385516056
I mean, the commonwealth is corrupt.

Perhaps they have no jails tho
>>
>>385516110

They clearly do as they have mentioned characters being jailed.
>>
>>385516090
Well I def know what Im doing my next run
I want hedwyn to be happy he got all 4 of his people out, but I dont wanna leave the orb behind
>>
>>385516181
Get every single dialogue and trial with her.
>>
>>385515831
Obviously the right answer is humouring her about how the true story is too lascivious
>>
>>385516181
>leaving the orb behind

Why would you do this?
>>
>>385516154
Well were they jailed for long periods of time? Or was it more like holding cells til their fate was decided?
>>
>>385516223
I know how to take the orb, I was just hoping the ascension wouldnt take it away from you
>>
>>385516056
I imagine that with a lot of the crimes that seem unreasonable, the problem wasn't the severity of the crime so much as the power and influence of the victim.
>>
>>385516251

The game didn't go into detail, especially when being thrown into the downside is apparently incredibly easy.
>>
>>385516240
Did not have that option.
>>
>>385516385
Even Mansley, an aristocrat, got thrown down tho
>>
>>385516445

He just bribed the wrong person.
>>
>>385516385
>>385516251
Remember that being exiled is a mercy, because it allows for redemption and return in glory, and the commonwealth is built on mercy.
>>
>>385516415
Did you take the orb with you before the final rite?
>>
>>385516523
Yes. And she talked to me about how they got her story all wrong, but there was no "too lascivious" option.
>>
>>385516563
It was "humor her"
>>
So was the ritual ending because of Oralech coming back or was it the titan stars?
>>
>>385516594
It was just the end of the age I think.
>>
>>385516594

Neither. The Scribes saw that the era of the Commonweath was coming to an end and there would be no need for the rites anymore.
>>
>>385516623
I think they mentioned both as possibilities.

Or maybe they were just harbringers of the end of the age
>>
>>385516594
I think it's intentionally left vague. There was a suggestion from someone that it was Free Waterfall Jr. but it does kind of seem like it was just the Titans returning.

I choose to believe The Reader has to go on to kill the Titans again to bring back the stars.
>>
So if you lose against Oralech, does he automatically ascend or do you get to choose still?
>>
>>385516753
More importantly what if you lose with Volfred on your team? Since Volfred asks what it would take for him to believe he didn't betray him and he says "lose to me right now".
>>
>>385516663

It was only the voice who said it was Oralech. And he was super butthurt and bias so
>>
>>385516753
You can mind fuck him and alter hid decision, because he is conflicted
>>
>>385516916
Aww, thats kinda sad actually
>>
By the way, I think some people said they had Volfred speak english to them several times? I only had the one time in my playthrough.
>>
>>385516991
Yeah, once somewhere in the mid game, and once if he is liberated
>>
>>385516991
Send him up and you get another one
>>
>>385517253
Is that only if you liberate him before the final rite?
>>
>>385517307
No any time is fine.
>>
So I just finished the game, and it was pretty good.
Who did you send in the end? Kinda feel like it was a bit of shit situation. Also how different are the endings? And I'm still pissed off someone here told me you could save everyone except one.
>>
>>385517506
He didnt speak during the final liberation
>>
>>385516654
I mean, that's cool and it all scribes but I don't think anyone would've minded a few more rites. C'mon guys, seriously.
>>
>>385517557
Well he was just off by one if you exclude yourself
>>
>>385517893
Oralech minded and was bullying people out of their spots. Would've liked to see a confrontation between him and Ignarius though.
>>
>be english major
>play transistor and loved it
>play pyre
>get flashbacks from my professor who laughed out students out of the hall because they wrote some middleschool shit and told us to never write like this

Bastion and Transistor had great writing and solid gameplay, but Pyre is so bad it belongs onto a pyre. Good job pandering to SJW's though.
>>
I wonder what Pyre merch will look like and if there'll be a Nightwings shirt.

There's a Bastion Anniversary shirt for sale that looks really good.
>>
>>385518117
>English major
>Thinks this gives him authority
>>
>>385518117

In what way does it pander to SJWs?
>>
>>385518336
>>385518442
Stop taking shitty bait.
>>
>>385518314
Imp plushes
>>
>>385517557

I sent Oralech.
>>
>>385518505
Fucking Scumbag plush hasn't been in stock for ages.
I hope its a Ti'Zo plush in full rites attire including mask.
>>
>>385518534
They'll preview an imp plush with full robes and mask that can be removed only to reveal it's messenger imp
>>
>>385517921
All I wanted was to live a happy life with my friends on the other side and leave Sandalwood and Bertrude together for maximum damage control and achieve what I hoped would be the best ending.
>>
Ignarius did nothing wrong.
>>
>>385518643

You can do that.
>>
>>385518513
Oralech had a hard life.
>>385518689
He hit on best girl.
>>
>>385518643
Bertrude does super fucking good in the Commonwealth though, and Sandalwood and Ti'Zo are happy if you leave them behind together, fittingly having been the original Nightwings.
>>
>>385518752
Are there not 7 chances to free someone and you have 10 party members including yourself? That means that 3 will have to stay behind and I couldn't let poor Hedwyn down.
>>
>>385518779

I felt sending him instead would be the ultimate show of proof that the Reader regarded the Scribes' teachings: I give up my freedom so you may yet have yours.
>>
>>385518779
Well you can hardly fault his taste.
>>
Who /LetOralechWin/ here?
>>
>>385518904
Just leave Tizo, volfred, and bertrude
>>
>>385518968
Who /ShavedMustache/ here?
>>
>>385518904

So leave behind Getrude, Sandlewood,
and Ti'zo.
>>
>>385518991
You monster
>>
>>385518987
>>385519000
I keep telling you guys leaving behind Bertrude is a mistake and Iunno if you just didn't get the convo between her and Volfred where they essentially make peace and are happy with how their relationship won't go further.
>>
>>385519056
He looks so much younger without it, its great.
>>
>>385519057

idgaf. She already has a decent life in the Downside. She has no active need or want to be free.
>>
>>385519057
Yes, they make peace with the fact they will just remain friends.
So it's okay to leave them together in Downside. They are friends just like Hedywn and Jodariel are friends.
>>
>>385518991
I did, but only on my second playthrough because it's about doing things differently than the first time. But he really DOES look better without it
>>
>>385519057
It's not that. She literally does not care if she goes topside.
>>
>>385519152
Post pics, I haven't actually seen any of it
>>
>>385519140
I'm telling you her freedom ending doesn't even mention any shit about missing Volfred. There is no downside to setting her free. Neither does his mention her. They both prosper.

>>385519160
She acts like that, but the results imply differently, not to mention her ability to actually make Volfred's Plan a reality and be close to him that way.
>>
>>385519225
>The results imply differently

No. They don't. She makes the most of it if you send her up because EVERYONE on your team does. But she doesn't actually care. Even her prayers are essentially irrelevant to the Rites, she's fine where she is and is doing it all for Sandalwood
>>
>>385518963
But I wanted to steal her heart.
>that moment when she gives -ae a big hug and you realise what a 10/10 mother she would make as if the orphan care was not enough.
>>
>>385519225
I'm not saying its bad to ascend her. I ascended her on my first playthrough

But if you wanna make sure Hedywn keeps his promise to get himself, Jodi, Rukey, and you out, Bertrude and Volfred are good choices to not ascend.
>>
>>385519286
If anything I'd send them both then, instead of leaving them both behind. But I felt Volfred should stay.

Not sending Bertrude for the plan (and then Volfred aswell if you don't want to seperate them) seems retarded though.
>>
>>385519318
>That epilogue where _ae becomes a high ranking member of the scribes religion, and Jodariel cries more than she has in 30 years
My heart can't take it
>>
>>385519336
My final rite was Hedwyn ascending, Volfred and Ti'Zo staying, because Volfred and Ti'Zo both had to be there to face Oralech and see him out, and both are fine staying, and both were the old Nightwings.
>>
>>385519386
Volfred made his peace years ago. He only dons his outfit again to help you. Bertrude isn't as large a piece to the plan as you are making her out to be. The thing you are missing is that there are people who are desperate to return, and those who are not desperate. Everyone helps the plan in their own way.
>>
>>385519459
Oralech does have special dialogue with both Volfred and Ti'Zo by the way, especially Ti'Zo both times you face him.
>>
>>385519459

Which makes Hedwyn unable to keep his promise.
>>
>>385519459
You gotta leave 3 behind if you ascend yourself though.
>>
>>385519542
Or going myself would make me unable to keep it. But I gave my freedom so he could have his.

>>385519553
Yeah, Volfred, Ti'Zo and myself.
>>
>>385519336
>>385519542
Hedwyn's promise was for you all to leave at once. It is physically impossible to fulfill his promise. That's the point of his anguish when you reach the peak.
>>
>>385519606

Which is completely irrelevant to the topic of conversation. If it's that big of a deal, just fucking leave Pametha behind.
>>
>>385519529
There's a lot more people with no desperate wish to return to choose from. Like Chae and Pamitha, the latter of which at least does far less for the revolution and with far less enthusiasm than Bertrude.
>>
>>385519640

It is possible to fulfill his promise. There's special dialogue for it if you all get topside.
>>
>>385519664
I was always gonna have Ti'Zo and Volfred for last because of Oralech. Hedwyn was with me for last because he was my husbando and I knew I wasn't gonna go, but wanted to stay for as long as possible
>>
>>385519606
I feel like you are missing the part where we are talking about how to fulfill Hedywn's promise.

>>385519640
His promise was ultimately to get all 4 of you out.
>>
>>385519672
Except Chae joins you because she wants to go home and Pamitha's praying reveals she would love to see the world again. She's just obsessed with giving her sister some kind of relief first.
>>
>>385519753
I mean it's pretty obvious how to fulfill his promise, and I wasn't gonna do it because he was in the final rite with me, yes.
>>
>>385519734

Again, the topic of conversation is leaving Betrude and Sandlewood behind while getting everyone else topside.
>>
>>385519792
Ok, I'm just not sure why you initially responded to my post about his promise when you didn't fulfill it.
>>
>>385519778
My Pamitha, who was freed, was super unhappy the entire time and still went on about her fucking sister the entire time, and apparently just ended up travelling the entire world claiming it reminded her of when she was younger and could fly unburdened, because I guess she doesn't like responsibility.
>>
Why is The Voice such an asshole? Did he just assimilate over time or something?
>>
>>385519843
Because at this point you're yelling at me for parts of my posts answering this guy >>385519838
and that guy is yelling at me for parts answering you.
>>
>>385519854
Yeah pam was a 0/10 would not grant freedom to again
>>
>>385519854
Mine found some peace. She still traveled the world a lot and said she didn't really feel any place felt like home. But she at least found a drinking buddy in Rukey
>>
>>385519921
I really wish I knew. He should at the very least have something to say about Oralech.
>>
>>385519926
You don't need to get so defensive m8. You ARE being confusing considering the topic
>>
>>385519921

Because everything you do does not benefit him.
>>
One thing I am disappointed in now that I've finished the game is that they could have for sure used some more multiple people events, or interesting discussions.
They fell in the same trap as Persona 5 as far as I'm concerned. Also certain scenes, like the toasting one with Jodariel and Hedwyn, could have gone in more interesting directions, rather than end so abruptly.
>>
>>385519854
It doesn't matter what she did when she went up there. I'm saying she wanted to see the world again, that's a fact. Bertrude does not.
>>
>>385520034
I think her curiosity mostly lies with her craft, which she also does pick up again big time topside.
>>
>>385520017
On my second replay I started going places I didn't go before and it suprised me when a new NPC popped up I'd never seen before. Who I don't think ever came up again. That was my main problem with the game. You don't "meet" people outside of the Nightwings.
>>
>>385519921
Yeah, he basically fell in line with the Commonwealth line since it gave him great power.

But he knows Volfred wants to end that power, so he hates that. He only turns on you when he realizes Volfred is in your party.

I do kinda wish they had had a more explict epilogue for the Voice, but I guess you can just assume he either was exiled or killed depending on whether the plan worked.
>>
>>385519921
Wigs are a corrupting influence
>>
>>385519921
I picture him as a slightly more toned down and competent manley when he was in his prime
>>
>>385520017
My favorite part was when you get to give the speech tbqh.
>>
I know I'm not saying anything new here but:

The game is really good. I like the interaction, characters, world, story, etc.

But god damn the gameplay. It's just so bad. The basics of it are fine, and can be fun. But everything else is just horrible. Nothing but "try and sprint as quickly into the pyre" even feels worth doing. Jumping sucks and doesn't control right. The burst abilities are too easy to avoid especially by the AI who can react extremely quickly. Some skills just feel useless (like the girls running or jump where you have to FUCKING STOP FOR NO REASON before you do something). Etc.

The only thing that feels good is "sprint to pyre" and "use a flying character to fly quickly into the pyre", everything else just sucks.

There are some things I just don't understand about the rules either, like I see the AI do shit that would not even come close to working if I did it. I am genuinely thinking about changing the difficulty down to easy just so I can blitz through all the horrible gameplay and I NEVER turn the difficulty down.
>>
Does anyone have an image of shaved Rukey?
I've yet to actually see it

>>385520107
Well sure she does, but it wasn't something she HAD to go topside to resume.
>>
>>385520165
I think he's also an exception in that we never do learn his crime.

We learn both Oralech's and Erisa's, but never Brighton's.
>>
>>385520137
You know he's not actually alive, right? You ascend to become the voice. You aren't in the Commonwealth staring through a pool and telling people what to do.
>>
>>385520194
>Nothing but "try and sprint as quickly into the pyre" even feels worth doing
This stops working completely.

>useless (like the girls running or jump where you have to FUCKING STOP FOR NO REASON before you do something)
She actually has some of the best movement with her masteries and talismans, way superior to Hedwyns.
>>
>>385520126

If only every npc character was as interesting or developed as Sandra.
>>
>>385520231
Probably because he had it expunged from the records.

Don't want anyone to know that one of the leaders of the Commonwealth is a criminal

>>385520283
No, he's alive. He's one of the Commonwealth's leaders.

He tells you you could become the next Voice, but thats more of a "I like how well you are doing and could be a connection for you", its not like a mystical thing.
>>
>>385520283
He is though, he is Archjustice Androbeles IX. He is literally a person in the Commonwealth Government.
>>
>>385520231
>Wearing wigs outside of a designated wig zone
>Being an obnoxious asshole
>Harassing people who played the local sports because they didn't take it as seriously as him
>>
>>385520370
Doesn't mean Ti'Zo, Volfred or Oralech shouldn't know what his crime was.
>>
>>385520467

Oralech is the only person who'd know.
>>
>>385520370
>>385520392
Oh I guess I took it literally when I read that thing about ascending beyond and what not. God damn fucking scribes and their "are we being literal or are we being mythical?" bullshit.
>>
>>385520370
>one of the leaders of the Commonwealth is a criminal
>I think you mean literally the entire upper class and elite
>>
>>385520510

They literally just made shit up as they went along. The book shows as much
>>
>>385520396
>BY ORDER OF ARCHJUSTICE ANDROBELES IX, ALL ANTI-WIG LAWS ARE HEREBY REPEALED
>>
I just realized one of the designers of this game was Greg Kasavin, one of the old reviewers at Gamespot. Wtf
>>
>>385520328
Does sprinting in really stop working? I already ascended one person, and am going through again, and so far, pretty much every single rite (or scribe trial) has been "sprint into pyre". Sure I'm doing things like dodging or using the cover to my advantage, or jumping over bursts or characters as needed, but I use no other strategy than "sprint to pyre" and I win. I seriously hate this gameplay. I was open to it from the beginning because it seemed quite weird; but I thought it was fun. But the further I get in and the more I play, the more I just hate the gameplay.
>>
>>385520667
Well, the people with talent in the games journalism industry had to vanish somewhere to make room for all these new hacks.
>>
>>385520684

Yes, it stops working.
>>
>>385520667
The gamespot review said as much at the start
>>
>>385520231
I feel like Brighton probably did some real shit. Why else would The Voice so desperately cling to the system? Come to embody and quite literally be the mouthpiece of the system?
Also, fun fact, Brighton, Erisa, and Oralech all have different levels up detail in their portraits depending on how known they are to the characters in the story
Brighton as an exile is never met face to face by anyone in the main cast, and his current form wears a mask. His eyes are blacked out and he has no discernible features on his face
Erisa has only been met by Volfred, Ty'Zo, and possibly Bertrude. Her face has features but it mostly covered in shadow
Oralech who interacts several times with the main cast has a normal portrait
>>
>>385520763
I think its mostly a "I have tasted power and have don't want to let it go" sort of thing.
>>
>>385520684
I'm not sure what doesn't fit into your definition of sprint to pyre then unless you're complaining about not throwing enough? Once you get your Sap character throwing becomes pretty neat due to his kinda shitty mobility but ability to create a safe zone to throw from for himself. Other people also get decent masteries for throwing or talismans if you want to.

Other than that... use Titan Stars. Especially Yslach Astral-Born if you want more challenge. But so far it sounds to me like you're mad about plunging into the pyre being how you do things as opposed to something else I don't quite understand.
>>
>>385520763
I had eyes and some features on Brighton I thought, but not much on Erisa. Mostly Brighton from the Minstrel I think?
>>
>>385520763

Is Erisa the only person who gets sent into exile for murder?
>>
>>385520763
All we know is it was some sort of "negligent behavior" so maybe he let something horrible happen by ignoring his position ala the race traitor?
>>
>>385521080
People died because of Hedwyns desertion and some of the other peoples crimes aswell, but Erisa is the only direct murderer we know about. No telling about all of the non-Nightwings though.
>>
File: 1395795412458.jpg (49KB, 616x699px) Image search: [Google]
1395795412458.jpg
49KB, 616x699px
>>385520684
>I'm doing a bunch of things like using cover, jumping over auras, baiting them away from their defenses, splitting them up, etc
>But I'm JUST running into the Pyre

You ARE probably going to start wanting to get good at attacking and defending. The Wyrm and Cur teams on higher difficulties are disgusting, you really can't outrun them, especially if you give them more stamina or speed Titan Stars.
Start trying to get good with passing and bringing multiple characters up at the same time. How to do that without them getting sniped. Keeping one on defense. Faking out the enemy by passing the ball. Etc
>>
>>385520846
I don't want more challenging enemies, as much as I've played already I know that I dislike the gameplay and making it harder for myself won't do anything but frustrate me.

I just feel like there's no challenge in the gameplay. The AI just does wacky shit that doesn't even make sense (I have been killed by bursts that have traveled through walls/other obstacles). Things that should kill enemies don't seem to do anything. The controls all don't feel great but since the AI isn't constrained by human error that can do things much easier.

Maybe I'm just a scrub at this game, which is fine, but I just don't see the challenge, it's just boring and frustrating, the AI isn't fun to deal with or fight, and you can pretty easily beat them by just sprinting and jumping over things.

I think the gameplay was best when it was at its most simple. No masteries, no special things, just a balanced team of 3v3 trying to pass the ball, move when they could, strategize when to move or to banish someone, etc. That was when it was best. But the longer I play and the stronger I get (along with stronger enemies and more abilities/etc) the less fun it becomes.
>>
>>385521124
Explains why he is so hard into sticking to tradition, though. He got burned for neglecting them.
>>
>>385521213
>(I have been killed by bursts that have traveled through walls/other obstacles)
Yep, that's a talisman. Welcome to enemies with talismans and masteries.
>>
File: Fib2sWc.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fib2sWc.png
78KB, 282x300px
>>385521213
>I don't want more challenging enemies
>I just feel like there's no challenge in the gameplay
>>
>>385521213
Make sure to start checking the enemy team's loadout.
Starting after the first ascension rite, they start getting perks and talismans like you.
>>
File: 1412915506266.gif (98KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1412915506266.gif
98KB, 500x375px
>Send Ty'Zo and Jodariel early
>Miss having big auras for literally the rest of the game as demons regularly push my shit in
>>
>>385521448
Volfred is literally No-Move Auraman.
Hang in there.
>>
> Tamitha thinks that since ascended exiles tend to become part of the Commonwealth's elite, she can ascend and tear it apart from the inside
>This plan falls flat on its face since the leaders of the commonwealth aren't so dumb as to give political power to someone who bears such hatred of the commonwealth so she ends up just getting repeatedly interrogated for information

Huh
>>
>>385521527
I got him. It was nice but the fact he can't do shit against niggas in the air really gave me a hard time
>>
By the way, I wonder if your vocations have any influence on your personal outcome.

Finishing the studying and getting all the Reader's Influence traits gets you a little scene with the Minstrel when you do.
>>
>>385521448
You gotta throw your aura.

Hedwyn and _ae are great at that with the proper perks.

And Pamitha's charge is good too if you don't miss
>>
>>385521557
Meanwhile having Barker stuck in Downside makes him start the actual rites sportsball league in the end.
>>
>>385518075
Kick his ass with Jodariel.
>>
>>385521627
I mean don't get me wrong. I get VERY good at attacking and shootouts because the order I sent people back in was retarded and a fully wiped team was about the only way I was scoring in the end. But everyime I get aura tackled I was like "damn it'd be nice if I could do this too"

Hedwyn ended up being my rock for most of the game. Fuckers just too good and I could manage to ever play _ae well enough to be an uncatchable freak leaping monster like the AI savages were.
>>
>>385518991
I send Rucky first so I didn't even get to that part of dialogue.
>>
>>385521765
IIRC it's very early on. Like pre _ae early.
>>
>>385521741
You can still aura tackle people that have the orb at least. Sir Gilmans slash is good at sorta bullying people like an aura tackle.
>>
>>385521741
Rukey and Gilman are great for just darting behind enemy lines
Bertrude's aura is pretty great, its slow but covers a wide range
Pamitha is pretty well rounded, great at dunking the ball (especially with her trinket), but her attack is pretty great too
>>
>>385521808
Sir Gilmans slash is 2good once you get a handle on it.

Curs are the worst speedy class imo.
>>
>>385521676

I thought that was pretty neat, actually. Like, little by little, the Downside is improving.
>>
>>385521795
I wonder if they'll pull Steam metrics and publish a percentage graph of what people named _ae.

Mine was Chae the Changeling.
>>
File: Anger.png (272KB, 445x459px) Image search: [Google]
Anger.png
272KB, 445x459px
>>
>>385521765
I'm pretty sure that convo happened to me like right away
>>385521868
Curs are slower than wyrmknights, sure, but they have super jumping abilities. They can jump into the pyre from like half way across the field with the right perks.
>>
>>385521868
Curs are actually speedy snipers, not speedy dunkers IMO. Their fast, far narrow aura is really good for sniping and high AI Cur teams actually do just that.
>>
I'm still surprised the only character to love and romance you back is someone in the background who gives your guys trials and practice fights and that's it, I keep checking the orb everytime for some additional dialogue, and man does she get hasty and angry at you for "toying" with her. I'm an old scholar, I roleplayed as one, so she blind and doesn't care for that I'm an old faggot. If I reload now, will I be put in the final rite or at the very ending credit? I want to check every one of Sandra's final dialogue.
>>
>>385521962
Pre-Final rite, for me.
>>
>>385521962
As long as you do all the trials and talk to her every time, she will ask you to take the orb right before the final rite.
>>
>>385520684
You need to learn to jump and drift and find an opening, it's best if you have a character like Sandalwood and Ti'Zo to control the arena and character like Ber' to banish everyone to make it easier, at least that's how I worked. I myself was playing like that, and it worked pretty great until I had no speedy characters left except Xae, who's jump is fucking amazing. Regret picking Rucky first since he can double jump.
>>
>>385522049
I don't even think you need all trials. I sent Ty'Zo back before I did his
>>
>>385521962

Apparently, she and the reader have lascivious tales to tell.
>>
>>385505239
tbf /v/ also has a real anti-shill problem, where people shitpost about the game being bad just to see people get butthurt.

t. someone who's never played one of these games
>>
>>385522049
>>385522048
No, I mean, the dialogue that happens when you read her info when all the characters are standing together.
>>
this thread looks like an SCP article
>>
File: shutterstock_angry.jpg (294KB, 1123x749px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_angry.jpg
294KB, 1123x749px
SOMEONE HELP ME SAVESCUM IN PYRE, GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, YOU CUNTS!
>>
>>385522246
I dunno, I guess just try for yourself
>>
>>385522263
Spoilers are srs business
>>
>>385520667
He is one of the founders of the studio
>>
>>385522324
No, I'm put before the final trial.
On that note, in the dialogue it says that I can pick Sandalwood to be liberated but ingame it won't allow me because the faggot doesn't have enough experience, what's up with that? The last rite shouldn't care about experience!!!
>>
>>385521962

My favorite part about the ending is how she gets offended on your behalf.
>>
>>385522263
I see I'm not the only one that noticed, by the way, did you know that world-renowned writer Stephen King was once hit by a car? Just something to consider.
>>
>>385522221
They found a way to fuck, I am absolutely sure of it
>>
>>385522486
Its always the 3 characters with the most xp
>>
>>385522517

I mean, you CAN go inside the crystal. And the rites ARE over.
>>
HOW TO SAVE SCUM IN PYRE? GOOGLE ISN'T HELPING!
>>
>>385522560
Yes, but the dialogue lists him as if I can pick him. Voice is a faggot.
>>
>>385522594
Christ, shut up
>>
>>385522594
You don't, you start a new tale.
>>
>>385522560
>>385522486
By the final rite I had 4 with max rank and could pick all 4.
>>
>>385522654
I'm only gonna get more frequent. Help me save scum. How do I go back to a previous save? I have them all in My Documents/Saved Games/Pyre, but I don't know how to make the game accept it. Even if I delete all the others and only keep one.
>>
>>385522702
Yeah they probably didn't expect me to not have him exiled, but it's still an oversight on their part - and they could just drop that shit in the final rite.
>>
>>385522702
Well, yeah, I wouldn't think the game would randomly pick 3 if you have multiple people maxed.

I just assume that his volfred wasn't maxed
>>
>>385521859
>Pamitha is pretty well rounded
Pamitha is OP as fuck with her talisman
>>
>>385522790
If by "they" you mean the devs, they definitely knew it could happen.

And from the sound of it, many players (including me) did it.

It's hardly the game's fault that you didn't level volfred up properly. You should have known how it worked by then.
>>
>>385522594
The entire point of the game is that you can't do things like that

Shut the fuck up man
>>
>>385522869
Avoiding Banishment is a pretty big deal later, and there's enemy teams that prefer throwing whenever they can get away with it because your side is down specifically to avoid it. So yeah she gets pretty OP.
>>
>>385522896
What I'm saying is that in the dialogue prior it asks who I should pick and mentions Volfred, I know it's my fault that I can't pick him but when I saw that in the dialogue I though whew, guess I can - nope. Not that it matters but still.
>>
>>385523008
Alright, fair enough
>>
>>385522919
I don't care what the point of the game is. I want to save-scum. How the fuck do I do it? How can I fool the game into thinking I have an earlier save?
>>
Do I have to change the registry to save-scum in Pyre? How would I even find out where? Fuck, this shit is way harder than it needs to be.
>>
File: 1284429820845.jpg (60KB, 336x303px) Image search: [Google]
1284429820845.jpg
60KB, 336x303px
>>385522935
>mfw Oralech for the first time
>>
>>385523061
Just don't be a bitch and play the fucking game

If you editted the files but it jumped back anyway, it sounds like you are out of luck.

Get over it
>>
>>385523167
No. I must find out how to fool the system. I can't believe I'm the only one that wants to do this.
>>
>>385523163
Oralech throws because he only has 1 Hope, tho.

Honestly the MVP of the whole game is the Savage on Oralechs team.
>>
>>385523303

I meant his team in general. They ran circles around me.
>>
>>385523303
>Oralech throws because he only has 1 Hope
It doesn't matter though. If you jump in, you can't respawn for the next round anyway.
>>
>>385523405
If you throw, you're not banished.
>>
>>385523462
You're just capped at 20, or for some 25 Glory on a max charged throw. Or demons like Oralech can Salute to get 30.
>>
>>385523462
The point is hope is irrelevant
>>
Isn't this SJW: The Game? Why are you guys playing this?
>>
>>385523574
It determines how quickly you come back from being banished by a cast, aswell
>>
>>385523606
>Why are you guys playing this?
Because we really care about social justice.
>>
>>385523606
The only remotely sjw element in it is the game letting you make your character a "they"
>>
>>385523574
Hope isnt irrelevant

Perhaps its not as amazing as speed or presence, but its useful
>>
>>385523606
There's actually a lot of SJWs on /v/.
>>
I am actually really curious about the save stuff too aspect too
I tried copying the entire Pyre folder (game and all) and it still figured out my latest save
There must be some trick to it
>>
>>385523606
"They" predicts SJW
>>
>>385523902
Nobody is fooled here
>>
>>385523902
I uninstalled the game, deleted all places where the save files are at, installed it again and the motherfuckers still got the exact spot where I was.

I am actually pissed. I'm gonna need to learn how to fuck with registries to save scum in this shit.
>>
>>385523462
I know, what I mean is it doesn't matter how much hope you have when you jump into the fire, so having 1 hope does nothing in this case
>>
>>385524269

It explains why Oralech's AI constantly throws, which was the point.
>>
>>385522324
Well, not much difference between the three dialogue, probably just a small change. Picked "remain silent" and she just vents off and it says she calms down eventually - just like you know she would. Tried the last rite again with the hardest difficulty and the AI titan star and it's somehow ended much easier. It seems Nightwings are not as strong and can't handle three exiled-full upgraded characters. You can only replay the last rite but I picked to let the demon guy go and it didn't affect the semi-bloody revolution.
>>
>>385524779
My final rites had a lot of time where no one had the orb during rounds either cause no one picked it up or someone had dropped it and it was just a sort of back and forth game of trying to outmaneuver and outdo the enemy team to make an opening. Usually with ball contact being super short and ending in dumping it quickly or throwing to an enemy to gib them. Really felt a lot more like battle than ballgame.
>>
>>385505239
Game was a great story with a shit combat system. This contrarian shit needs to stop.
>>
File: 1471305890032.jpg (15KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471305890032.jpg
15KB, 360x360px
>Uninstall Pyre
>Go to Regedit
>Delete all entries with Pyre in them
>Install game again
>THEY STILL HAVE THE FUCKING SAVE

WHAT THE FUCK!???????????? WHAT IS THEIR GOD DAMN SECRET? I'M GOING INSANE OVER HERE!
>>
>>385525338
Steam Cloud?
>>
>>385525252
It's not shit, it's fun but not for everyone. What would you prefer as rites instead of space jam though? I'm really curious, rpg fights?
>>
File: 1445968459227.jpg (214KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445968459227.jpg
214KB, 495x700px
>>385525403
Nope, I pirated the game. There's no steam cloud.
The save is coming FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!
I'm losing my fucking mind.
>>
>>385525424
How about a card mode, if you want to go for something unique? Better than this sportsball shit.
>>
OY
>>
>>385525514
%appdata%
>>
>>385525574
How is cards unique anymore at this point.
>>
Guys, I have to pick betweenTi'Zo, Gae, or Jodi for my next liberation rite. None of them sound particularly happy about it. Jodi says "If that's what you wish..", Ti'Zo acts surprised but grateful, and Gae seems upset (she just became friends with Almer).

What do?
>>
>>385525574

Yes, let us play a children's card game for freedom.
>>
>>385525671

Jodi.
>>
>>385525671
Jodi is the best for the revolution, being a commander and having tons of connections, she also adapts to it flawlessly and is part of Hedwyn's promise.

I sent her very first after she said she doesn't know what she's looking for in Downside, because that means unlike basically all the others she has no reason to be there.
>>
File: 1494071353457.jpg (85KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1494071353457.jpg
85KB, 453x439px
>>385525514
>I pirated the game
>I'm losing my fucking mind
You deserve it nigger
>>
>>385525676
AS IF MAGIC BASKETBALL IS ANY LESS SILY
>>
>>385525765

She got tossed in the Downside for not killing kids. She really didn't deserve to be there as long as she did.
>>
>>385525627
There is nothing on appdata that relates to Pyre that I can find. Not in Local. Not in LocalLow. Not in Roaming.

Is there some kind of program to see where all programs go look their shit up or something? There must be something in my computer that is somehow filed with the save data, BUT I SWEAR TO GOD IT MUST BE HIDDEN AWAY IN SOME WINDOWS FOLDER OR SOMETHING.
>>
>>385525857

It is.

>I PROMISE YOU. WE WILL NOT GROW OLD AND DIE IN THE DOWNSIDE
>NOW SHUFFLE YOUR DECK
>>
>>385525986
You could just, idunno, finish it and restart
>>
>>385525424
A simple brawl, turn based fights, there were a lot of choices to make. Instead of that they went full retard with this intergalactic dunk mode.

It´s not even difficult at any point, even in heightened i didn´t find any problem with the IA since it´s extremely retarded.
>>
So I just let the human dude go (balanced characters suck, specialized characters are always the best), and he mentions that by leaving he's breaking his promise to reunite with his harpy girlfriend.

If I'd kept him around, would he have been able to keep this promise?
>>
>>385525986
I'm also trying to figure this out because you got me curious
I'm using Directory Monitor to try to see what it changes
Will update if I found something
>>
>>385526043

I mean, the design decision for it to be sports related is for there to be non-lethal outcomes and to show an active desire of repentance. Brawling or fighting sort of defeats the purpose of penance and redemption. Getting tossed into the Downside for murder, only to murder your way out of the Downside is kinda pointless. If it's not sportsball, then it has to be something equally worthy of pilgrimage.
>>
>>385525986
Did you check if any of the folder were named like the name of the cracker or the company that made the game? Sometimes the appdata folder for game has the company's name instead of the game, and with cracked games sometimes the name is the one of the cracker.
>>
>>385505068
>sports ball game
>good
i want the nonwhites to leave
>>
>>385526136
The promise broken was the one he made to YOU, as he explicitly states "we'll all go home, together"
>>
>>385526136

You let Hedwyn go too early.
>>
>>385526136
He's breaking a different promise - that the four original Nightwings would leave together.

(Of course, it's impossible for him to keep it.)
>>
>>385526136
>If I'd kept him around, would he have been able to keep this promise?
No, there is no other way back, and she is in the Commonwealth
In the ending the actually find each other if he is liberated
>>
>>385526338
The promise becomes that the 4 of you will eventually leave downside
>>
File: 2-315fnyh.png (28KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
2-315fnyh.png
28KB, 480x320px
>>385526236
>Fights means death
I guess pic related is all about death too
>>
>>385526551
It actually is.
>>
>>385526551

Given someone gets hit in the head with a rock, I think that's a very apt comparison to a bunch of criminals fighting each other.
>>
>>385526551
Is that so? Please enlight us all.
>>
>>385526551
>We're redeemed and acceptable persons of society now
>Oh, that guy I just beat to the ground? Don't worry about him. Just let me go home.

I like that idea, actually.
>>
>>385526010
>Fight Oralech
>He knocks your deck out of your hand mid game
>Knees you in the face when you try to pick them up
>>
>>385526551
If they were having snowball fights in Pyre, you'd probably still say it was too rediculous.
>>
File: 1501339581781.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1501339581781.png
6KB, 225x225px
>>385526693
Are you being intentionally retarded? Literally you are a fucking criminal since Babus learns about your story with the prince. And you fucking fight another criminal and non-criminal guilds

>>385526842
>We´re redeemed and acceptable persons of society now
>Let´s burn down this society as we join them to make a new utopia that will last for another 10 years or so.

Hmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>385526921

I laughed more than I should have.
>>
File: 1497717687058.png (341KB, 593x635px) Image search: [Google]
1497717687058.png
341KB, 593x635px
>Rukey seems to have removed the ringing part.
>>
>>385526976
Back to school kid, when youre done about reading, come back again
>>
>>385526507
Akchually
In the ending where he isn't liberated, she chooses to be exiled herself to be with him. Though I dunno if Pamitha has to be liberated for that to happen, because she told Hedwyn that if she got liberated and he didn't, she would tell the Harp he liked about where he was.
>>
>>385526994

You burn down the society in a non-lethal way. No one gets hurt. That's kind of the point. It's an entirely peaceful coup.
>>
>>385526994
>>385527149
And lest we forget, the Commonwealth didn't want the people they ascended to overthrow society. They tried to give them cushy jobs where they wouldn't do any harm.
>>
>>385527220

Unless you're Tamitha.
>>
>>385527149
Don´t remember that peaceful part. At first Rhae starts a revolution, how is possible a peaceful revolution when they just cast away people to the downsides.
>>
>>385527442
Well they aren't completely retarded. Even they knew that Tamitha wasn't going to fall in line.
>>
>>385527469
The people exiled are still alive aren't they?
And people in Downside were beginning to work on making the place inhabitable since they knew their chances to get out were gone for good.

In the violent revolution, the leaders are just straight up killed.
>>
>>385526338
>Sent all 3 of them up in previous rites
>free yourself in final rite
>promise kept
How is it impossibru?
>>
>>385527871

He doesn't know that yet. That's a huge spoiler.
>>
>>385527469
That sounds like justice to me.
>>
>>385527871
>Wasting a precious position of freedom on a cripple with both a ghost and a demon fetish.
>Sending said cripple to a place where demons don't exist
>>
>>385527960

That's not justice. It's perfectly reasonable to sentence someone to die for not killing children.
>>
New thread:
>>385528139
>>
>>385528165
It would be fucking you.
Thread posts: 520
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.