[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Art icle/46087/7_This-Wee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 2377624-bungie2.jpg (233KB, 3200x2300px) Image search: [Google]
2377624-bungie2.jpg
233KB, 3200x2300px
>https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46087/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--07272017

Destiny 2 PC Beta
Early Access: August 28
Open Beta: August 29
Beta Ends: August 31

Recommended Spec
CPU
Intel - Core i5-2400
AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X

GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970
AMD - Radeon R9 390

RAM
8GB

Minimum Spec
CPU
Intel - Core i3-3250
AMD - FX-4350

GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB
AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB

RAM
6GB

If you’re upgrading, here is hardware that’s available today and runs the game well:

Recommended
CPU - Intel Core i5-7400
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Minimum
CPU - Intel Pentium G4560
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB

Bungie’s Event Machine
CPU – Intel i7-7700k
GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB

With the open beta coming, is anyone on /v/ gonna check it out?
I figure I might as well play it for free instead of assuming it's 'Borderlands Acts Serious'.
Also, apparently Vicarious Visions is re-working the engine so that the game plays more like other PC FPS titles, they apparently changed the reticle placement, made subtle changes to movement and enemies, etc.
>>
>With the open beta coming, is anyone on /v/ gonna check it out?

No one with any sense
>>
>>385502509
>No one with any sense
whys that? what am i missing?
>>
>>385502289
Sure, I'm not that excited for it but it's a free trial so fuck it.

Specs seem decent enough.
>>
>>385502289
>recomending i5
>in 2017
lmao
>>
>>385503287
i noticed that too so i checked the article and it says that all the recommended specs are first try beta and when the game comes out it will be more accurate. prob still say i5 though
>>
>>385503287
wow it's almost like specs are game-based and not year-based.
>>
>>385503287
Only a few games utilize more than 4 cores and the ones that do don't offer a significant boost in performance, unless it's extremely poorly coded like Battlefield 1.
>>
>neo-Bungie
I'll do it, but I expect it to be literal shit.
>>
>>385503997
1000+ emplyees and more than 3 separate studios are working on the base game.

With Activision and Blizzards approach to this game, it's more or less the reason I'm intrigued. This game is going to be the first big budget practice of what the industry has been turning over into for about 5 years now.
>>
>>385503865
Getting a 6 core for the same price that performs the same in games but has significantly more headroom is still a no brainer.
>>
>>385504760
Ok so you're paid to come shill here then.
Fuck off, no one is going to fall for this scam again.
Just in case for those that didn't buy into destiny 1, if you bought everything day 1 you'd have paid about 300+ shekels for all content. Not too mention that the base game (60$) only had like 20 hours worth of content at most.
On top of this they locked players out of daily/weekly/monthly events/raids because they didn't own any of the dlc. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>385504871
For the same price, of course. But the point is that you shouldn't be buying an upgrade for that reason alone.

I paid 140 dollars for my i5 3570k back in 2012 or 2013 and it can still handle everything without a hitch. There's no point in upgrading to an i7 for an upgrade of just a few frames per second.
>>
>>385504760
1000+ employee's doing fucking nothing, it's literally fucking DLC sold off as a sequel. They have made the most SMALLEST improvements and haven't even changed anything major in the slightest. Same animations, same gunplay, same races of enemies, same UI and no space battles. NOTHING FUCKING NEW
>>385504959
I think all up I've paid around 250 AUD for D1 (912 hours)
>>
>>385505036
yeah but i was reffering to this in my first post

>If you’re upgrading, here is hardware that’s available today and runs the game well:

recomending to buy an i5 when ryzen 5 exists is just ridiculous
>>
>>385504959
I'm just paying attention to the industry I am passionate about. If you're so insecure about being a poor loser that you can't talk about a free demo with a stranger than I'm sorry for you.
Though,
> they locked players out of daily/weekly/monthly events/raids because they didn't own any of the dlc
this is all true and pretty fucked, I agree with you angry anon but i mean, people were talking about mafia 3 before that mess
>>
>>385505376
Nobody is recommending you to buy anything you retard.

Do you not know how English or spec charts work?
>>
>>385505270
>NOTHING FUCKING NEW
right but to me, it is all new. I haven't played the first one and if its improved over the first game in any way. I am happy to play a free demo.
>>
games like destiny are the reason the gaming industry is getting worse every year
>>
>>385502289
lol, I completely forgot the destiny 2 beta came out, I'm guessing it didn't do well since I heard nothing about it.
>>
>>385505602
>If you’re upgrading, here is hardware that’s available today and runs the game well
>If you’re upgrading, here is hardware that’s available
>If you’re upgrading
>upgrading

seems like you're the one that doesn't understand english
>>
>>385505651
Yeah go ahead, it's genuinely fun and you will get sucked in. I expected Destiny 2 to be what Bungie originally intended but instead it's "Oops we fucked up, here's some quality of life improvements and an actual story with some new planets while we work on Destiny 3". As someone who has spent hundreds and hundreds of hours I'm just not impressed and think Bungie could of done WAY better.
>>
>>385505376
>AMD
super kek
>>
>>385505651
thats the thing
it didnt improve at all
they even dumbed down the little character customization there was
and the game will launch with a similar amount of content destiny 1 had and thats fuck all
if you really want to get the game wait a few months and get it after they release the first dlc
>>
>>385502661
shitty p2p connection for pvp.

if you want someone to die to your shots during beta, you better hit the trigger right now.
>>
>>385505564
>what are you fucking poor????!!!
Fuck off. They tried (and succeeded because people keep sucking their dick) to push this miserable industry one step further down the drain. They fucking introduced a season pass that doesn't even give you access to all DLC.
This is unforgivable, fuck them and fuck their shitty practices.
>>
>>385502661
A lot of people hate Destiny because it stumbled out the game and got better with time and DLC instead of being good off the bat.

Kinda like Battlefield 4, except everyone fucking loves Battlefield 4 now.
>>
>>385506132
watch them do the same thing all over again.

the base game will have barely any content and you'll have to wait for dlc's again. have fun farming generic vex strike #43 over and over again.
>>
>>385506132
Damn, BF4 has almost as many players online as BF One on PC.
>>
>>385506079
>if you really want to get the game wait a few months and get it after they release the first dlc
After what these guys are telling me;
>>385506123
>>385506129
>>385506132
I'm thinking fuck that game all together. Unless it is planned to be like WoW and endlessly keeps going, it sounds like the only time anyone should consider getting this is when they've announced the sequel and nothing new is being added. But in saying that, I'm pretty sure Destiny tends to play it out so that if you miss something, you've missed it.
>>
>>385506384
The base game of Destiny had four pretty good sized maps, five (six for PS4) strikes and the best raid of the eventual four.

It's not gonna be difficult for them to surpass that, they don't even need to throw in more planets, just expand on patrol and produce consistent live events.

>>385506536
It'll go on for at least two years, likely with two minor and two major DLC releases supplemented with live events.

It's not going to be a mindblowingly big game by any stretch of the imagination, the core focus will be progression till endgame, then lootgrinding, with new loot added to tables and new activities every couple months.

If you got Rise of Iron, you missed out on Vault of Glass, the golden age of House of Wolves, and the overhaul that was TTK (Though in retrospect that left far too much content obselete.)

Destiny isn't a game you should wait for, either you get it when it comes out if the reviews are positive, or you miss out on the community.
>>
File: 1490737861876.gif (3MB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490737861876.gif
3MB, 180x200px
post yfw destiny 1 was the biggest piece of shit you've ever seen and won't even be getting the beta because you're not dumb enough to fall for bungie's trash for retards and children
>>
>>385506797
Fuck off.
>>
>>385507427
You fuck off.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.