[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is overrated as fuck, I had never played it, I bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

This game is overrated as fuck, I had never played it, I bought a ps4 this month and the first thing they told me was "get TLOU, it's really fucking good and you'll feel a lot of emotions with this game." Well I finished the game and the dlc and I can say that it does not match what was said to me, first is the stupid AI of the enemies even in the hard difficult, maybe I still play in the veteran to see if the challenge is bigger, another thing is the size of the game, i felt tired and i found the story very predictable, even the cannibals of the walking dead they decided to adapt. Finally, it's Ellie,i know i even thought she was the hope of mankind, but how could this girl know how to use all the guns, drive vehicles and ride horses at the age of 14? Not even the dlc explains something deeper, only revealed that she will be a lesbian in the second game... My hype fell to play TLOU2, I will see if it is worth it or not in the future, the good thing is that I paid cheap for this game.
>>
>>385498036
I bought my PS4 just to play TLOU:R (then Bloodborne) and it was pretty good.
>>
>>385498149

TLOU is too disappointing, how can an shitty interactive movie can be good?
>>
>>385498291
Characters and a lot of blood.
>>
I hope that TLOU2 is better what I find it hard,if it is to have 10 hours of gameplay in which 5 is the dialogues and cutscenes and a trash plot again I'll wait for the remaster on ps5
>>
>>385498036

I wasnt some hope for mankind but i rode a horse knew how to shoot guns and drive by 14. Not everyone lives a boring sheltered life. Not defending the game, which i hear is a walking simulator anyway, but just saying. Also its way easier to drive when you dont have to obey rules of the road.
>>
Its a very shallow 3rd person shooter
>>
>>385498761
>aim pistol
>it sways as much as an umbrella out during a hurricane
>lining up a shot takes so long that other people shoot you
>see people through walls
>sneak behind them and hit them with a 2x4
>sneak around infected and shiv the ones you can't avoid
seriously the gameplay is the reason I never finished it
>>
>>385498036
yeah the game kinda shoves "gurl power" down your throat at some points but its still decent.
fuck ellen page for not learning how to swim though.
>>
>>385498036
It was an okay 3rd person stealth/action game, but nowhere near the best game ever like some faggots try to make it to be.
>>
PC version seems like the superior one as it has all the best parts while allowing you to skip all the boring parts like the shitty cookie cutter 3rd person shooter gameplay.
>>
File: 1481102351915.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481102351915.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>385498036

The game is popular nowadays because it has the best multiplayer mode of all time.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY1G41w6kfw
>>
>>385500978
I was genuinely surprised that this wasn't the Ellen Page videogame, especially with the lesbian angle.
>>
>I had never played it

Your opinion is invalid.
>>
I bought it again on PS4 just to play Factions. That shit alone makes the game an 8.5/10.
>>
>>385501224

I'm seriously fucking hyped for TLoU2's multi. I just hope they won't saturate it with DLC weapons and maps like they did with the first game, that shit made me quit.
>>
>>385501898

Me too man. As long as they don't change it too much from the original Factions, it should be a total win.

Why did you stop playing because of the DLC stuff though? I agree that the business model was total shit, but this game isn't exactly pay to win. The competitive meta centers around weapons and perks that are non-DLC
>>
>>385502314

I had to take a break from the game and when I came back, there was a bunch of DLC waiting. I was afraid the community would be split.

The other reason was that I loved the fucking bow too much, did not want for it to be outclassed.
>>
>>385498036
>overrated
I wouldn't say that. Nowadays I hear more people shitting (like you) on it than overrating it
>>
File: 1475868004473.png (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475868004473.png
10KB, 300x300px
>>385501397
>>
>>385502551

Oh, were you playing on PS3? I can understand, if so. They've merged the lobbies on PS4 so that the communities aren't split anymore (you get the DLC packs with the game).

Also, the bow is incredibly good in the right hands. Even in 1 VS 1 with no covert training. I fucking love it. Check it: https://youtu.be/WnXrfb2CVyk?t=40s
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 532x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 532x960px
>not liking the greatest game ever made

Is this some kind of new meme?
>>
>great story
>great gameplay
>great multiplayer
>"disappointing"
yea right
>>
>>385500717
Disable listen mode and suddenly the single player gameplay is 10x better. I don't know what they were thinking with allowing the player to see enemies through walls when most of the enemies have the awareness of a blind mole as long as you aren't sprinting. It removes all tension, and the sound design is more than good enough that you can usually just hear them with your actual ears anyway (except humans sneak so you don't hear their footsteps).

>weapons sway
use melee / auto-aim throw of bricks and bottles or simply aim for center of mass until you get enough pills to get rid of your weapons-sway. Or just get closer before you draw your gun. Maybe you could get gud too.
>>
Is the Grounded mode satisfying or just tedious? I want another replay of this game but want to up the difficulty
>>
This game is only a interactive movie, my only hope is TLOU2 they will finally found the cure and save the earth. I dropped when i remember that everything that i do to get this girl and give her to the fireflies was only a waste of time
>>
>>385503060
>great story
Yeah because zombie apocalypse survival story #4827 isn't old as fuck at this point.
>great gameplay
Decent gameplay at best. Some parts were great and allowed you a lot of freedom, other parts, like fighting that one cannibal dude in the burning wilderness lodge as Ellie with only a knife, made me want to stop playing because it was so boring.
>"great multiplayer"
>having multiplayer in what's supposed to be a tight, linear single player story-focused game
Wanna know how I know you're a westerner?
>"disappointing"
Yeap.
>>
>>385503404
It's one of the best games ever made and the best last gen game by far
Your nitpicks don't change that contrarian
>>
Dead Space is better
>>
File: 43242485.gif (535KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
43242485.gif
535KB, 640x636px
>>385503450
>>
>>385501224
imagine if this game had a Battle Royale mode on a huge map like PUBG, with vehicles and weapons attachments and shit, and reworked crafting system to focus more on you just finding your gear / ammo, only crafting things like medkits and molotovs

I think it would be amazing
>>
>>385503747

That sounds awesome. Who knows, man. For the first game, ND said they were working on an Infected mode (but couldn't get it balanced) and players have found the remnants of a online co-op mode. Anything could happen with TLOU 2, and I'm hyped as fuck
>>
>>385502914

Hell yes it was. It had great stats and the benefit of not appearing on radar.

One of my fondest memories with it was arcing a perfect shot on the winter lodge map. I nailed a guy looking through the window inside the lodge - all the way from the bus (or truck), which was almost the other side of the map.
>>
File: 1490152548326.png (42KB, 399x322px) Image search: [Google]
1490152548326.png
42KB, 399x322px
Really good game, but the actualy playable areas are so fucking linear, and too many scripted parts.

Also the ending fucking pissed me off, he majority of fans were perfectly fine with Ellie sacrificing herself for a possible chance to cure Humanity.

But the story still forces you to kill all the fireflies and the last scientists/doctors who could save mankind. Now the sequel is going to be Ellie hunting down and killing more fireflies.....fucking why? Because they kill Joel? So fucking what, the writers even said that Ellie had stopt caring about Joel when he lies to her at the end of the first game.
>>
>>385504185

Kek I know, that thing is such a beast. And so satisfying to use, because it has a steeper learning curve than most guns. It plays by completely different mechanics.

You have patrician taste in TLOU weapons, anon
>>
File: punching on grounded.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
punching on grounded.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>385503345
it's kind of both. I found it to be rather annoying just how little ammo you are given. You have to save pretty much all of it and all crafting materials for the few toughest parts of the game like the hospital, bloater fight and the SLC sewers. At least in the Ellie part you are given some molotovs and shit to use up for free, since you only play as her for a short time. Still it was rewarding to be able to complete it. It was genuinely hard as fuck. I think the most difficult part for me was actually at the beginning, when you have to escape the Boston capitol building and all the soldiers are looking for you.

The whole playthrough I was using elaborate schemes involving leading / juking the AI around and killing them with bricks / bottles and melee, especially with my fists since that costs no resources. The best way to kill a clicker on grounded is by punching them to death while they are distracted. Barring that you sneak up on them and bash their skull in with a brick. Zombies you just use the iframes you get during the execution animations and then book it over an obstacle, or quick turn and punch them in the face, or alternate between punching one and punching another so that they are always stunned.
>>
>>385498036
>a girl growing up in a post apocalyptic world knows how to use guns
Holy shit
>>
>>385503345

I'm doing Grounded now, but I used the New Game Plus glitch. It's tedious to me because you can't really choose how to do anything - you have to stealth rooms and avoid combat at all costs as they really don't want you to have ammo.
>>
>game severely limits your ammunition
>but you can also cart around a small armoury of different weapons in your backpack too
>also the only knives available are shitty ones that break after one use

It's so fucking transparent.
>>
>>385502931
not really, but "greatest game ever" often varies from person to person
>>
The weirdest thing was that Ellie was basically a God mode character because she had a decent quality knife that wouldn't break.

If she had just given the knife to Joel it would have been game over for all the zombies.
>>
>>385505605

Everybody was blind when they getting close to Ellie
>>
>>385501224
you've been posting this exact same webm for four and a half years now, can you at least get a new one to post?
>>
>>385498291
Because some people don't expect Quake from a Naughty Dog title.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.