[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stressful Darkest Dungeon Thread Have (You) beaten un-modded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: dzh5jhy.jpg (280KB, 1894x716px) Image search: [Google]
dzh5jhy.jpg
280KB, 1894x716px
Stressful Darkest Dungeon Thread

Have (You) beaten un-modded Blood Moon yet? I had a party wipe around week 40 and abandoned my run
>>
I really wish they'd do something with the balance

Pretty much every class has at least on ability that is total ass
>>
>>385492909
yea most classes have 4 skills that are optimal, with maybe one or two situational ones.

what I hate is the negative effects on items. why the fuck would I want -3 speed or +20% stress?
>>
This game sucks.
>>
>>385492605
>party wipe around week 40 and abandoned my run

This. This is one line that summarized all DD threads.

The game's amazingly fun as you slowly make progress towards whatever you're doing, until you get stupidly unlucky/greedy and you ruin literally everything you've built for dozens of hours in 15 minutes by accident.

At that point, I like OP, pretty much quit the game, and come back in 6-12 months to try again.
>>
>>385495801
yea thats true but I wouldnt change it. perma death and the difficulty of it is what makes it satisfying to play
>>
File: smug tohru.jpg (29KB, 369x306px) Image search: [Google]
smug tohru.jpg
29KB, 369x306px
>>385492909
>>385493167
Honestly, is balance possible in such a style of game? Never heard of it. Every single game that is turn based is not balanced. This isn't something you can disprove because every single game in existence of it's style/genre is completely BROKEN AS SHIT.

That being said, should I buy this if it's on sale? I've questioned it for like nearly a year...
>>
File: Jg2M96z.gif (257KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
Jg2M96z.gif
257KB, 640x357px
>>385496586
>actual newperson asks a question thereby bumping thread
>no one responds
>>
>>385496586
It is a fun game, but depending on the person you'll either become very butthurt because one of the big things in Darkest Dungeon is crisis management or enjoy it. Shit will happen and you just have to deal with it in the most optimal way possible.
>>
>>385497275
Same as Battle Brothers but worse? or better? Both are same style games of PURE RNGesus praying. Different management styles though.
>>
>>385497486
Never played that, but on rare occasions the game will outright shit on you. Other times you have other options and can either turn the battle around or retreat.
>>
>>385497486
It's the same as xcom, basically.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.