[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should someone sell all their old game stuff if they can emulate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: dolphin.jpg (22KB, 728x268px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin.jpg
22KB, 728x268px
Should someone sell all their old game stuff if they can emulate it decently or is playing it on the real thing always better?
>>
>>385492347
If you are that hard up for cash then you have more important things to do than playing emulated games.
>>
File: dolphin 2.jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin 2.jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
I'm thinking of selling my Gamecube and Wii, since I don't touch the things anymore and the Dolphin emulator seems to be pretty good for most things.

Plus I want to sell Melee at peak value.
>>
File: dolphin 2.jpg (634KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin 2.jpg
634KB, 1920x1080px
Keeping thread bumped.
>>
>>385492517
>I want to sell Melee at peak value
peak value is $30, not exactly a lot of money.
>>
>>385492347
Emulations pretty solid nowadays, so unless you value the real hardware there's not much reason to keep it aside sentimental value or nostalgia. To be quite honest as someone who has their childhood NES, and its still working, it's probably easier to just emulate now. Those games that hold saves are a pain, buying pin connectors is a pain, replacement parts are a huge pain, and those cartridges just will not last forever.

It's best to have a emulation machine that you can play on a CRT monitor separate if you're dedicated to having a real experience. There are plenty of USB adapters too that are great and perfectly emulate input no fuss.
>>
>>385492712
It's mostly just the fact that I am barely even playing these things anymore. I'm not a Melee fag so Melee isn't worth much to me. Super Mario Sunshine is not a game I'm interested in replaying. And Soul Calibur II pretty much already works flawlessly on Dolphin and I have my computer hooked up to a giant TV anyways with some controllers.

In terms of the Wii, even though I know I won't get much for it, I already transferred all my data onto the Wii U. But even that I'm considering selling at this point.
>>
>>385492479
Not him and I'm not hard up, but I'd rather the number in my bank account go up than drag this shit around any longer.
>>
File: dolphin 3.jpg (242KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin 3.jpg
242KB, 1366x768px
More blankposts for bumps.
>>
File: dolphin 5.jpg (367KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin 5.jpg
367KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: dolphin 6.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin 6.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: dolphin 7.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin 7.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>385492606
Are the VJ games rare?
I have both.
>>
File: dolphin 8.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin 8.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
I guess another question would be: do you sell your old games or keep them?
>>
>>385494246
VJ?
>>
Depends on how autistic you are about a pure experience. If you're fine with playing the games outside of how they're intended to be played then yeah.

There's honestly no reason to give a shit if you just want to play the game and there's no obvious flaws in the emulation. Having the originals is only beneficial if you're interested in using them as a reference point for how things are supposed to be.
>>
>>385494469
>>
>>385494504
Well besides just emulating them to me it's like a feeling of keeping things lean. Like I already have so many games on Steam that I can barely get around to playing, why am I keeping these consoles around that are probably getting damaged just from the dust alone?
>>
>>385494685
Oh right. Doesn't look very pricey on eBay. About $20 for both.
>>
>>385494829
I have a lot more, but they're probably trash too
Battalion Wars
SA 1 and 2
OoT and Master Quest
Zelda Collectors edition
WW and TP
to name a few
>>
>>385492598
>Twilight princes
I totally forgot I could play that. Does it emulate well?
>>
>>385495115
Zelda Collector's Edition might be worth something. The rest probably won't be.

Still, for me it's not so much about the price as it is about cleaning up.
>>
>>385492347
If you don't care about collecting and just want to play the game, then emulation is obviously the way to go,
>>
>>385495720
I mean if you already have the games anyways...
>>
>>385495281
I only got a capable laptop recently, but all my systems are either broken or gone. My games are all I have so I'm not sure if I should keep them
>>
>>385496576
Well if you all have is a laptop, I'd keep what you got, unless you already played it all to death and the only reason you can think to keep them around is a replay in the far future.
>>
>>385492347
Collecting physical games is dumb.
You'll never play most them again after beating them and then they're just waste of space.
>>
>>385496658
>you already played it all to death and the only reason you can think to keep them around is a replay in the far future.
This exactly, I do still have a 3ds, most controllers and n64 games too, but I barely touch them anymore.
>>
File: 1340948256532.jpg (106KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1340948256532.jpg
106KB, 1400x1050px
being able to run these beauties at 8x native resolution completely removes any reason to keep the original hardware tbqh fampaimarino

just make sure every game you like runs well on Dolphin before selling it I guess, but considering even fucking Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 work well at the moment, it'd be hard to find a game that has issues with that, let alone a good one
>>
>>385497454
007 From Russia with Love is iffy, but only in movies. The rest of the actual game seems to work fine.
>>
>>385492347
Hack a Wii, get Nintendont, hook up an old CRT, and of course download any ios you want. That'll run you 80 dollars at most. Real hardware is better for the simple fact that everything is compatible and you're playing the game how it was designed to be played.
>>
Emulation isn't totally solid yet. I played Metroid Prime 2 recently and it had severe stuttering issues because Dolphin can't handle real-time loading of shaders for some reason.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.