[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long is it until consoles return to having huge subsidies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: sony ps plus price increase.png (294KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sony ps plus price increase.png
294KB, 1080x1920px
How long is it until consoles return to having huge subsidies but have mandatory subscriptions (e.g. $10+/mo)? You can afford to sell a $500 console for $200 if you know you're getting at least $360 in guaranteed revenue over the next three years.
>>
shut the fuck up yuropoor
>>
>>385464636
I'm yurorich, that's why I can afford a £50 PS+ subscription.
>>
>>385464593
>You can afford to sell a $500 console for $200 if you know you're getting at least $360 in guaranteed revenue over the next three years.
Not everyone uses PS+ though so its not guaranteed, I only use my PS4 for some exclusives and I've never had PS+. Don't care for the multiplayer on BB so never bothered and none of the other games I play on PS4 even have a multiplayer component.
>>
>>385464636
Britain isn't part of Europe anymore.
>>
who gives a shit
youre still gonna buy it
blah blah
*makes another thread*
>>
Didn't they just fucking increase the price of their jewish tricks like a year ago?
>>
>>385464593
PS Plus is literally free. Stop fucking complaining
>>
File: Yin_yang.svg.png (60KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yin_yang.svg.png
60KB, 1200x1200px
>>385464784
>Not everyone uses PS+ though so its not guaranteed
It's 80 percent minimum, probably above 90 who spend at least $50 a year on it.

Even if you only buy months at a time because single months are more expensive.
>>
>>385464924
That was only in the US I believe, I'm guessing this price hike is to coincide with the increase in the states a few months ago.
>>
>>385464784
I imagine they'll just do a "BUY MANDATORY PS+ ELITE VERSION FOR $200 OR SUBSCRIPTION-FREE VERSION FOR $500" and pretty much everyone will buy the $200 version because of the low cost of entry.
>>
>>385465003
Yeah I mean the rates are definitely high but 80-90% does not equal guaranteed.
>>
File: chess.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
chess.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>>385464593
Why do you think the ps3 was $599 and the xbox 360 was $299?

REALLY makes you think
>>
>>385464932
The fuck are you talking about? PS Plus is $60 a year!
>>
>>385465089
Sony are retards and designed a ridiculously expensive-yet-underpowered console thanks to some utterly crazy design decisions?

They basically repeated what Microsoft did with the original Xbox.
>>
>>385465057
It's not guaranteed for everyone, but you can be sure on average they'll get $300+ over the life of the console.

Even if someone sells the ps4 the next owner will keep buying it, and they'll buy it for almost the whole time they own it.
>>
>>385464876
This.
Gamers are the dumbest fucking consumers on the goddamn planet. They could bump the price up every day for a month and you'd all keep buying it up.
>>
>>385465178
And just by coincidence when ps+ is introduced for multiplayer the ps4 is the same price as the xbone......

It's very obvious it's used to make the consoles "appear" cheaper, as by restricting multiplayer practically all the normies will buy it.
>>
>>385464806
Yes, it is you dumb fucking retard.
>>
If Microsoft released an Xbone for, say, $100 upfront with mandatory Xbox Live and, say, $5/mo subscription then I would already own one.

It's just really hard for me to justify paying $250 upfront in one go.
>>
File: -v- boycotts.png (280KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
-v- boycotts.png
280KB, 460x276px
>this whole thread
>>
>>385465103
>he still doesn't know the trial trick
WEW
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.