[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im looking to pick up one of these, /v/. what model should i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1200px-Psp-1000.jpg (68KB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Psp-1000.jpg
68KB, 1200x681px
im looking to pick up one of these, /v/. what model should i look into getting? how easy is it to hack the system so i can play pirated games? what are the best exclusives?
>>
OP, why wouldn't you just emulate? Serious question. PSP emulation is fantastic.
>>
>>385460758
i prefer to play on physical hardware before all else. im not opposed to emulating console games on pc, but i find its easier for me to get into games that are on hardware.

besides, its efficient: hacked i can play psp games, ps1 games, and snes games (which i have no good way to play). i also considered buying a vita but the only exclusives that interested me were persona 4 golden and soul sacrifice.

i also cant figure out ps1 emulation for the life of me
>>
>>385460758
Portability probably.
To answer your question OP psp is a fantastic portable emulation machine. Get the refurbished 3000. I think its like 50 bucks. Hacking it is as easy as installing CFW pro on your SD card. Look up tutorials. Its also free.
Good psp game exclusives are: Patapon series, metal gear peace walker, mhunt FU, crisis core, dbz tag team battle, kingdom hearts , final fantasy type 0, and a bunch of others. There's not a huge library so Wikipedia psp game list is helpful. Good luck OP you want regret it. Also get a big SD card.
>>
>>385461519
i already have a spare 32 gb from a phone i used to have that crapped out on me. hopefully that should be enough. do you know if the katamari game for the psp is any good?

also, thank for you the help anon.
>>
the only problem in owning PSPs these days is finding a decent battery.Sony stopped making these years ago and the original batteries are slowly becoming rarer and rarer to find.
>>
>>385460458
The one from your pic
Hacking it is as easy as copy/pasting files through an USB connection
>>
>>385462356
do you need a special usb cord for that, or just usb to mini usb?
>>
>>385462456
you need the gold plating otherwise it can't transfer signed code, but that's only a few bucks extra
>>
>>385462456
I don't know how USB works and whats the names for each sizes, but i just use the same one that the PS3 controller uses
>>
>>385461993
Tried it and I personally hate it. The controls are awkward on psp foe some reason
>>
File: 1481098558883.gif (3MB, 365x341px) Image search: [Google]
1481098558883.gif
3MB, 365x341px
>>385462523
>>
>>385461993
>do you know if the katamari game for the psp is any good?
It's okay but extremely repetitive, a common trend with the PSP is that games from franchises, especially if it had a PS2 game, are quite weaker on PSP
Though i will keep saying Ace Combat X is the second best AC 'til the end of my days
>>
>>385462291
And even if you do find new unused ones, they'll most likely be drained so the life spand on offical ones are also dieing. But luckly 3rd parties batteries are super cheap even if somehow they are or become bad.
>>
File: fuckinghell.jpg (16KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
fuckinghell.jpg
16KB, 284x284px
>>385463154
yep, these little fuckers will deplete all its charge in 3 hours tops
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.