[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone seen this game? Just came on steam, early access sadly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (41KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
41KB, 460x215px
Has anyone seen this game? Just came on steam, early access sadly.

Any opinions on it yet? Looks potentially neat, but it's probably shit.
>>
I'm not sure, saw a video review, and the guys were acting like it was the most fun shit ever, it wasn't sponsored, but I'm still a bit suspicious.
>>
>>385458356
>early access multiplayer sandbox survival
>>
File: redflag.png (183KB, 325x391px) Image search: [Google]
redflag.png
183KB, 325x391px
>>
you can just pirate it and play single player if you don't feel like risking your money
>>
>>385458356
>Early Access
>Survival
Dropped.
>>
>>385459107
>>385459454
>>385460356
you clowns

i fucking hate this place
>>
Another open world crafting survival game. I am sure this one will be finished.
>>
>>385460870
They're right though.
>>
>>385460870

OP here. They're not particularly wrong. It's the entire reason I was asking.
>>
File: business.jpg (23KB, 218x297px) Image search: [Google]
business.jpg
23KB, 218x297px
>>385460870
sorry amigo, i got burned too many times, i can't count how many Early acces games i tried that promised me the moon, and was left with a half assed attempt to milk money

Also, i hate the idea of selling a game half baked and putting some major features every 2 weeks.
I end up playing it for some hours the first time wanting more, then boot it every time steam updates to check in 30 mins what changed and close it again
>>
>>385461195

Continued - I was also hoping for some opinions from people that have actually played it too.
>>
>>385460870
Sandbox games in early access are iover-saturated by like 10:1 compared to other genres. Not even AAA developers with million dollar budgets can get sandbox games right, what are the chances some no-name indie dev wll nail it?
>>
see this fucking video before you complain faggots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gygd1lKKz0k

it's kind of ok, yes many survival sandbox games have been released and are shit, but you would have guessed after so many failures one could be semi decent, this one has magic and crafting and shit, the lame part seems to be the AI, but it's looks decent for a $20 game

Again, fucking pirate it first and see if you can stomach it at it's current state, it might never be finished, but you can fool around and learn spells and kill shit.
>>
See, the thing about the...
>Survival games in early access are always train wrecks meme
Is that this format of game is almost DESTINED to shit its own sheets.

The simple reason why is because its a SANDBOX GAME. There is no real END to the development of the game.

Because the game is so "unlimited" and "sandboxy", the developer is going to run out of money and fucks to give and development WILL stop.

Sandbox games are NEVER finished, only patched forever. This doesn't mean new sales, it just means the devs are working for free for people who bought the game once.

Only buy these games after they are DONE, let it DIE. Only then will devs realize that they need to make the WHOLE GAME before sale or it will crash and burn.
>>
>>385462224
it's great when people come into a thread to post their opinions when they haven't played the game or watched a single video, keep going anon kun
>>
>>385462575
Post your face when this game sinks so I can give you a tribute.
>>
File: 1499747225697.jpg (42KB, 462x680px) Image search: [Google]
1499747225697.jpg
42KB, 462x680px
>>385462575
Life is short, you will never play every good game
We're just giving you the tools to spot a bad investment of time so you can spend it on somethign really worthy
>>
I played the free 2 days and just bought it and it's pretty fun with friends but falls off pretty quick once you max out. It's just limited in what you can do. The servers are sketchy, it's basically locked to 30 fps, it's a horribly un-optimized mess. It's literally Rust with levels unlocking what you can build, and it has wizards with magic. Resource gathering is a nice improvement though.

6/10
>>
It's Ark: Survival Evolved but medieval. Avoid.
>>
>>385463269
This. It's literally being co-developed by the Ark Survival people. Run away screaming.
>>
>>385463195
>locked to 30 fps
What I'm always running at 80+
>>385458356
I'd keep an eye on it OP, I bough it and I think it will be more fun than I had with ark. Right now though its still really early. The server filters/history/favorites don't even work so you can't remember where you played if you ever log out. Grinding takes forever if you're solo, at least on the official server. Which I think is good and at least towards midgame you're specs can make a big diff, less so if you're with other people who can build things you can't.

Apparently the building system is really bad (hp wise) so it isn't worth it trying to make a magic dorf fort.

tldr; it's ight
>>
>>385463496
I thought that was Dark and Light...
>>
>>385463763
You run it at 80? I've got 1080ti sli, all the settings on low and it won't break 32. I ran it off 1 card, no change. I just took it as being locked.
>>
>>385463496
>>385463269

Wrong game. You're thinking of Dark and Light.
>>
>>385464068
make sure you're not running a "custom game" that shit makes it run twice
>>
>>385464068
My normal 1080 works fine with it senpai, maybe the devs haven't been able to work with all cards yet.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.