[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else get pissed off by how obscure some of these games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_inline_nga1syEUCr1t5a2at.jpg (56KB, 500x287px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nga1syEUCr1t5a2at.jpg
56KB, 500x287px
Anyone else get pissed off by how obscure some of these games are?.

Im not talking about hard puzzles im talking about having to just randomly go somewhere to progress the stroy when the game contains no hints about doing this?

Toonlink acutie though

>Inb4 get good
>>
Sounds like you got a some level of ADHD, because these games are known for their tendency to hint and pull you in a leash.
>>
The only time I got stuck on Wind Waker was when I was young and didn't know english, so I couldn't figure out you needed the song of storms to get inside the mother & child island.
>>
>>385458073
I never got stuck, unless you post specific examples people are just going to assume you're retarded.
>>
>>385458357
yeer what like in windwaker where your just apposed to know you need to kill a frog in a hurricane to get a song that lets you warp to an island so you can get special arrows to melt some ice and the only clue you get is "talk to people around here"?

Leash pulling like that m8?
>>
>>385458595
You do get hints about it.
Yes, talking to people is one way of getting hints. That's like oldest adventure vidya 101
>>
File: 1494522301941-v.jpg (58KB, 540x705px) Image search: [Google]
1494522301941-v.jpg
58KB, 540x705px
>>385458073
It took me the entirety of my childhood until I learned, by chance mind you, that you have to roll into the deku tree to get the fucking jellies off. So much time wasted
>>
File: k4u8tfyjoamiinyz64c8.jpg (65KB, 800x699px) Image search: [Google]
k4u8tfyjoamiinyz64c8.jpg
65KB, 800x699px
OP you ARE talking about Twilight Princess specifically right? That's the only Zelda that does that.

I mean, there is that part where the Chus appear around the Deku Tree, but c'mon. The game already taught you that rolling into stuff knocks stuff down and the Chus are hanging around precariously.

Then again I guess the part in the Wind Temple when you have to specifically equip the boots over a cracked floor is dumb, since the game never teaches you that you possess that ability.
>>
>>385458073
But I like Metroid.
>>
>>385458771
what other hints do you get that you need to warp into the middle of an island/?
>>
>>385458073
Such as?

>>385458882
That doesn't happen in TP though. Telma's Bar always tells you where to go for dungeons 4-7.
>>
>>385458979
basic kiddie detective work
>>
I have a similar problem with games that are fairly linear and then suddenly go open world.

I just get overwhelmed with what to do, like suddenly there's a million side quests, mini games and unnecessary stuff to do. The way I usually play open world games it explore, side quest stuff first, then get back to the main quest, but if the game starts out linear at first and then switches to open world, I get all messed up.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ, Windwaker is one of the most dumbed-down hand hold-y Zelda games, and you can't figure out how to follow the simple directions the game gives you at every turn in the road? Please graduate from Elementary school before playing video games.
>>
>>385458979
Bribe/talk to the Fishman on that tile.
>>
>>385458979
Wow I just got this cool warp skill, I wonder if I should use it to warp to this place I have never been yet.
Nah, probably should just go play more sliding puzzles in my mansion.
>>
>>385458073
Friendly reminder that you are the cancer that's killing videogames. Instead of investigating or trying to figure things out on your own you need big flashing text to tell you exactly what to do.

Wind Waker is beyond fucking easy and handholds you the entire way.
>>
>>385458073
get good
>>
>>385459058
Mate did you play TP? The game is cryptic as fudge. You can even get stuck if you go through the poison swamp and run out of lantern oil.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928519-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess/51549359
>>
>literal faggot sucks at video games
How is it that gays/trannies manage to be worse than women?
>>
>>385459793
The guy solved his problem immediately. Did you even read that thread before posting? He could've just stolen oil from the bird.

It's not cryptic at all, you're just retarded.
>>
>>385460438
Did you read it? He didn't solve jack.
> Well, that's one problem solved.

Looks like you can't read or can't count.
>>
>>385458595
No, leash pulling like getting to the island and the fish saying there's an island that will get you on this island and that island then telling you to find the frog in the hurricane.
>>
File: 1483396768988.jpg (110KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1483396768988.jpg
110KB, 900x1125px
>>385460885
So he can't progress because he encountered some weird, completely undocumented glitch? What the fuck does that have to do with the game not being clear about progression?
>>
>>385458797
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.