[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>was hoping for consistently tough Bloodborne-tier bosses.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

File: Dark Souls III.jpg (425KB, 1500x2120px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls III.jpg
425KB, 1500x2120px
>instead got the likes of Yhorm, Wyvern, Deacons, Greatwood, Wolnir, Vordt, Crystal Sage, Gravetender, Oceiros
>was hoping for brutal Demon's Souls-tier mobs
>instead got fodder trash enemies covering the majority of the game, with the only true Dark Souls-worthy enemies like Darkwraiths, Greatsword Cathedral Knights, Outrider Knights being so damn rare and hidden as mini bosses instead of being the primary mobs
>was hoping for Dark Souls 1-tier world that supported multipaths through it and interconnection that encouraged the player to explore
>instead got a linear world with occasional dead-end branching path, and some cheap superficial callbacks to DkS1
>game is nothing but style over substance
>bombastic orchestral or moody atmospheric music for visually impressive bosses like Yhorm and Wolnir only for them to go down in less than 30 seconds (inb4 don't use the stormruler which i only used once in 7 playthroughs, the guy has like 3 easy-to-dodge moves he keeps using throughout the whole fight)
>edgy design and music and anime moves for the Abyss Watcher when they are the easiest multi-boss fight in the entire series
>flashy anime weapon arts when most combat encounters could solved with simple R1 spam cuz stamina and poise no longer mattered
what a disappointment for a game that could've been one of the greatest in history
>>
>>385445589
maybe you should have less expectations you fucktard
>>
>>385445589
What the fuck are you on about bloodborne has the easiest bosses in the series tied with ds1 this has to be bait I mean come on.
>>
what bloodborne bosses did you have a hard time with?
>>
>>385446276
>bloodborne has the easiest bosses in the series tied with ds1
please don't tell that you thing DkS2 has the hardest bosses.
also Gascoine, Bloodstarved Beast, Amellia, Paarl put up a much harder challenge than Vordt, Greatwood, Sage, Deacons, and Abyss Watchers.
>>
>>385446403
it's not a matter of just difficulty, it's just that no matter what playthrough i'm on 1st or 20th most BB bosses kill me at least once where in DkS3 i beat most bosses first try.
>>
>was hoping that 80% of chests weren't mimics
>was hoping they wouldn't put bonfires 10 seconds away from each other
>was hoping for better level design than "the grand archives key is in front of the door"
>was hoping for a storyline that wasn't godawful
>was hoping the whole game wouldn't be like a "remember the time we.." family guy skit
>>
>>385445589
>was hoping
Stopped reading here, your imagination isn't relevant.
>>
I just wish the game had more color
everything is grey and dark
shit looks washed out

it just gets so tiring to look at
>>
DS3 had a lot of potential but was hampered by fans, bigtime, and the fanbase is made up of absolute cunts.
>>
>>385446839
that sounds like a problem with BB, not das3

if it's possible to die to a boss ( without obviously fucking up ) you already did 20 times and know it like a back of your hand - it's a shit boss design and a prime example of "artificial difficulty"
>>
>>385448602
I'm playing DS3 and loving it
Maybe you should just play the game and not worry about what the internet tells you
>>
File: 1494143759669.jpg (386KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494143759669.jpg
386KB, 1600x900px
>>385448347
if you play on PC, use reshade
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 1024x672px
>>385445589
>Bloodborne
>tough

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
TEN
DAYS
>>
>>385448730
If criticism of games is somehow a bad thing to you, you shouldn't be here. I played the game months ago.
>>
>>385448764

Ten days is a very long time.
>>
>>385448758
that looks like shit

>>385445589
greatwood was great, fuckface
>>
> I was hoping for tough bosses
> But Abyss Watchers, Sulyhvan, Nameless King, Twin Princes, Soul of Cinder and Champion Gundyr aren't enough
>>
>>385448764
>one ending
>another ending
>>
>>385448892
dumb cunt
>>
>>385446276
>Ludwig and orphan
>Defiled chalice
>Easiest bosses
Play the game dumbass.
>>
>>385448928
>abyss watchers

Not sure what happened in my game, but they killed each other
>>
>>385445589
What I was really hoping for is bosses that I gave a shit about. Only a handful of the bosses have any build-up, and it felt really stupid to be fighting Sulyvahn to some big, bombastic orchestral score without having a fucking clue who he was.

In fact, that big bombastic score was present in all of the boss fights, and ended up just being overwhelming, and sounding more like someone was fighting in the orchestra pit.
>>
>>385446616
But Casgoigne, BSB and Paarl are considered mid tier hard by most people? The hard bosses of vanilla BB are the Chalice bosses, Loghain, Gehrman and Ebrietas. Vanilla DS3 has Princes, Sullyvan, Nameless King and Champion. Comparing DLC bosses to vanilla bosses is dumb, becaude they are super tight in all games. DaS vanilla hard bosses are only O&S and maybe Gwyn. DaS2 has Sinner, Smelter Demon, Throne Watchers, Ancient Dragon and Darklurker.
>>
>>385448928
>Abyss Watchers, Twin Princes
>Tough
kek
>Champion Gundyr
parried his ass to death
>Sulyvahn, NK, and SoC
3 tough bosses out of 19 isn't enough.
>>
File: 1494004749579.jpg (92KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
1494004749579.jpg
92KB, 488x516px
Well yeah, nigga. They tried doing a whole bunch of new experimental ideas in DaS2 and the whole community threw a shitfit over it so they decided to play it safe to get a return on investment. Bloodborne got fellated beyond belief because it was a sony exclusive so they decided to copy as many of the decisions they made there. People wouldn't stop crying about DaS2 so they included as many nonsensical DaS1 references as possible.

It's not so much a challenging game as it is a rollercoaster of masturbation. Just going from set piece to set piece while the game claps for you and tells you how cool and badass you are for doing all of this.

Instead of having challenging bosses you need to learn, just give each one a gimmick that makes them extremely easy but is the only viable way of beating them. Instead of using shit like atmosphere to convey the tone you're trying to set, just color everything gray-brown and have people just tell you how much shit sucks. Instead of creating difficult encounters that require the critical thinking skills and situational awareness asked of you previously, just put in more enemies, maybe add three or four more of the ever so creative stunlocking zombie dog enemies. Don't forget your obligatory slow-moving poison swamp level!

I will never not be pissed at the absolute goddamn grocery list of bullshit that needs fixing in DaS3, but I'm even more upset that I know there's nothing I can do about it. Like, maybe just a mod that makes sorcery not completely awful until late game, or makes poison actually viable to use in any way, or maybe even turns poise on. Fuck.
>>
>>385449415
> Casgoigne, BSB and Paarl are considered mid tier hard
exactly and they're early game, meanwhile early game DkS3 bosses are a fucking joke.
>>
>>385449602

>DS2 babby detected
>>
Bloodbornes boss quality is pretty much the same as 3s though

Its definitely a better game as a whole but people really ignore the fact that the majority of its bosses are mediocre, just like 3s (While Demons, 1 and 2 are all mainly bad)

Soulsborne games REALLY arent this bastion of great bosses like people pretend they are, they just have some occasional pure gold
>>
I don't even give a fuck about 3. The game was such a bullshit slog in the end, I just summoned bros to run through the game with. It was a lot more fun then, which leads me to believe it's not a solo game at all.
>>
>>385449801
i'm referring to how early game BB bosses are a little hard even after multiple playthroughs while early (and even mid) game DkS3 are piss easy.
>>
File: 1488810442936.jpg (771KB, 1600x1800px)
1488810442936.jpg
771KB, 1600x1800px
>>385448892
you look like shit
>>
>>385449979
git gud. late-game did little redeem the casul easy trash early game.
>>
>>385450005
The early BB bosses arent even tough though.

Gascoigne is the only one close to being tough but hes more of a casual filter than anything else
>>
>>385449754
What does that even mean? Yeah the lighting downgrade sucked and soul memory is a shit sandwich, but the infusions and upgrade system was kino and fucking POWERSTANCING dude. I don't think it deserves as much hate as it gets from the hivemind.
>>
>>385450229
Gascoigne, BSB, Amellia, Paarl are a lot tougher than Vordt, Greatwood, Crystal Sage and Deacons which were a fucking joke.
>>
>>385445589
DaS3 was easy as fuck, but the bosses still shit on BB bosses. Mainly because the balance in DaS3 is ass.

>letting my buddy play through BB
>he's played DaS1 and 2 but never got gud
>he one shots literally 80% of the bosses
>skip to about a month later
>he's playing DaS3 and crying like a babby at the bosses
>when he whimps out I one shot them (surprisingly, because I'm not even that good)

BBs bosses were easy as dicks but at least they were fun because the game was balanced better. In DaS3 you roll like a madman around all the BB-styled bosses
>>
>>385450120
>git gud
>hahah epic meme bro, upvote
>>
Went back to BB for two weeks after playing DS3 for over half a year
>absolutely loved it on my first two playthroughs
>absolutely hate it now
>combat feels way too floaty
>can't run around enemies when locked on
>roll distance feels off
>general bullshit moves on certain enemies
>even with the DLC, too few weapon variety, a lot of fun weapons locked after some of the hardest bosses in the game
>pvp is an abhorent clusterfuck with the PS4 netcode, let alone 40% of players having a subpar internet connection
>even co-oping is a pain as hosts are literally slide-showing through the level at times

In DS3 there is so much more variety, I can play a one-shot sorcerer invader build, a try hard dual strength-build or a pure faith medic-build for co-op. The fashion is also much better, fuck ten different variations of the same edgelord trench coat
>>
>>385450645
bruh, the only thing i like about BB is its bosses everything else is garbage.
>>
>>385450120
>playing a game designed as a multiplayer experience solo so that people on the internet will think he's cool

The game is a lot more fun when you use the provided mechanics, anon
>>
>>385450893
the summoning mechanic is only provided as crutch for casuls to play the game.
>>
>>385451053

source?
>>
>>385451053
Imagine being so insecure that you only fought the bosses once
>>
>>385451170
>he thinks the games are unbeatable solo and are designed to be beaten with 3 phantoms holding your hand throughout the game
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/souls-survivor
>>
>>385451382
what are you talking about, i fought them multiple times.
>>
>>385451170
The origin of that idea is actually due to a personal experience where a car suddenly stopped on a hillside after some heavy snow and started to slip," says Miyazaki. "The car following me also got stuck, and then the one behind it spontaneously bumped into it and started pushing it up the hill... That's it! That's how everyone can get home! Then it was my turn and everyone started pushing my car up the hill, and I managed to get home safely."
"But I couldn't stop the car to say thanks to the people who gave me a shove. I'd have just got stuck again if I'd stopped. On the way back home I wondered whether the last person in the line had made it home, and thought that I would probably never meet the people who had helped me. I thought that maybe if we'd met in another place we'd become friends, or maybe we'd just fight..."
"You could probably call it a connection of mutual assistance between transient people. Oddly, that incident will probably linger in my heart for a long time. Simply because it's fleeting, I think it stays with you a lot longer... like the cherry blossoms we Japanese love so much."
>>
>>385451053
This is what people who get their self worth from playing a video game tell themselves, and a pretty easy to solo video game at that. The summoning mechanic is a plot device and a multiplayer system. It's baffling how many people play these games with no imagination, no regard for the world the game takes place in.
>>
It's just that after 5 games people have gotten gud. DaS3 is a fair game for everyone so anyone who's gone through the previous titles will just blaze through it.

For all the memeing DaS2 did, its design was a lot more unforgiving to players. It was often cheap as shit but it felt like a progression from 1
>>
>>385451483
>he thinks the games are unbeatable solo
No, he doesn't. Nice strawman
>and are designed to be beaten with 3 phantoms
Nice strawmen
>article about demon's souls for some reason
Nice cornfield.
>>
>>385451653
>"It's a simple concept. But you don't know whom you will meet. Maybe the next person will be an enemy. That kind of encounter forms part of the larger storyline. There are constant surprises... the blue phantom that's helped you get through an area might, out of nowhere, turn into a black phantom that will kill you just as you're almost clear. Demon's Souls isn't like other RPGs. We've made a different storyline for every player. That's what the network's for; that's what the phantoms are."

Yeah, he seems pretty in favour of the idea. Doesn't say anything about it being a crutch for casuals. More like he gives the idea that it's not a full game without it. Nice one, idiot.
>>
>>385451483

This article is about demon's souls. Might have won you an argument about ten years ago.
>>
>>385451762
why would i summon if when the game barely poses a challenge solo? sometimes i put my sign down, i invade often, but no i never summon, because it trivializes and already trivial game.
>>
>>385445589
The less like Bloodborne it is the better
>>
>>385452034
>"The car following me also got stuck, and then the one behind it spontaneously bumped into it and started pushing it up the hill... That's it! That's how everyone can get home! Then it was my turn and everyone started pushing my car up the hill, and I managed to get home safely."
He downright states it's a crutch you stupid twat
>>
>>385452214

He's talking about co-operation. Maybe look up the meaning of the word "states", and then tell me where the word "crutch" appears.

But you can't. So you won't. Because you're stupid as fuck.
>>
>>385452174
gael and sinh are harder with summons
>>
>>385445589
>tough Bloodborne-tier bosses
the best bait is that which reveals itself at the end of the post, not the start
>>
>>385452174
For fun or just to get someone an ember who needs it. Don't you have any friends to play with? My issue is particularly with the people who shit on summoning the in-game NPCs. when those are a huge part of the already almost nonexistant plot.
>>
>>385452330
>I can't understand implied meaning
Must suck being this fucking autistic
>>
>>385452330
>shit i can't beat this game it's too hard
>maybe i should ask someone to co-operate with me
>>
>>385452535
>implied meaning is whatever I say it is
nice one, brah.
>>
Vordt was a great introduction boss though, if Gundyr can be counted as part of the 'tutorial'
Cursewood, Crystal Sage, Deacons, Wolnir and Aldrich are fucking garbage though, I don't understand how they can make 10/10 bosses like Champion Gundyr, Nameless King, Soul of Cinder and Lothric Princes and then produce the absolute shite that is the aforementioned bosses
>>
>>385452802
what's wrong with Aldrich
>>
>>385452535

>"Because Demon's Souls is a game with a lot of dying in it, surely that kind of fleeting cooperation should come out of all the death - 'We're all dead, so let's help each other out'," suggests Miyazaki.

>Miyazaki literally states it's about co-operation, but my "implied meaning" is more important

What a childish, stupid nigger you are.
>>
>>385452524
Gascoigne > Vordt
Bloodstarved Beast > Greatwood
Paarl > Crystal Sage
Amelia > Deacons (and Abyss Watcher for that matter)
early game DkS3 is a fucking joke.
>>
>>385452802
i never died to him one, Gascoine is ten times better and BB isn't even my favorite Souls game.
>>
>>385445589
I'm on my first playthrough rn, just beat Deacons and it wasn't that bad really. Obviously not a challenging fight but they at least tried to do something original. Definitely better than the DaS2 equivalent.
>>
>>385452905
His only threatening attack is the arrow rain which is cool exactly once and then becomes a giant nuisance, and his fire trail/homing soul masses are designed to chip you out instead of testing your reflexes. Other than that he's trivial and I fucking hated the retcon of Gwyndolin's death in DaS 1, which they only did so they could stick even more references in. Plus, his physical model is shit and it's terrible how much it jitters when you hit him.
>>
>>385452524
There's no bait.
>>
>>385450645
Bloodborne does have bad fashion, its either edgy trench coat or frilly fag shirt. With fedora or meme cone head.
>>
>>385453092
Difficulty isn't everything, I've only died to Vordt a handful of times across hundreds of hours but he's still really cool in design and music, and I love feral human fighting styles. Gascoigne was a better casual filter by far though.
>>
>>385452905
chasing him while he teleports and spams magic like a bitch wasn't exactly fun.
>>
>>385453414
if a boss isn't challenging, then he fails at being a boss.
>>
>>385453538

The the first encounter with Seath must be the perfect souls boss.
>>
>>385453314
You forgot the "sickdark" adjective, friendo.
>>
>>385453654
okay
>>
>>385446616
No I didn't care for ds2
>>
I love DS3 butthurt. The game was crap.
>>
>>385453538
nothing in souls is challenging once you play the series for 1000+ hours

besides, how else would you increase the difficulty? Making the bosses attack even faster? Give them longer combos so the player is guaranteed to run out of stamina and get hit everytime? Make them have zero downtime? Turn them into damage sponges? All of these sound borderline unfair or just plain unfun. And while they would definitely increase the "challenge", there is more to a game than just how hard it is to play, hence why das is still an unbeatable classic, despite the game being long figured out and relatively easy
>>
>>385446616
Gascoinge I blunderbussed motherfucker to death he is super easy to read
>>
>>385452725
>>385452926
>"The car following me also got stuck, and then the one behind it spontaneously bumped into it and started pushing it up the hill... That's it! That's how everyone can get home! Then it was my turn and everyone started pushing my car up the hill, and I managed to get home safely."
In what earth does this not imply summoning is a crutch for bad players?
>>
>>385450038
That just makes it look yellow-grey instead of blue-grey.
>>
>>385452942
Well yeah, the majority of the good DaS3 bosses are mid to late game, so what? In total numbers, there's FAR more god-tier boss fights in DaS3 than BB. Also, comparing joke difficulty bosses from one game to the other doesn't mean anything, they're still joke bosses. The only remotely challenging bosses in BB were in the DLC and maybe 1 or 2 in the main game, the rest are a joke.

Bloodborne IS the best game in the series, but not because of its bosses, although admittedly the DLC did go a long way into rectifying that. I just don't like people using bad arguments for bait threads.

>>385453308
That makes it a hundred times worse as a statement, it would indicate brain damage.
>>
File: 1496850508354.jpg (121KB, 1280x1296px)
1496850508354.jpg
121KB, 1280x1296px
>>385445589
>Outrider knights as common mobs
Can you imagine running into three at once?
>>
>>385454459

>gets asked to provide a source for why summoning is a crutch in DS3
>provides a source talking about Demon's Souls where Miyazaki literally states it's a feature designed for co-operation and further enjoyment of the game

In what earth does your implication override the creators actual statements, and in what earth is demon's souls the same as DS3?

Can't you just lose an argument with some dignity? Go on, just say "you might have a point there, anon" and rethink your stance a little. It doesn't hurt.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.