[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really that bad? t.someone who doesn't care about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: SI_Wii_MetroidOtherM.jpg (100KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
SI_Wii_MetroidOtherM.jpg
100KB, 1000x500px
Is it really that bad?

t.someone who doesn't care about Metroid as a series
>>
It's pretty appalling
>>
Yes.
>>
>>385444845
No. The game isn't unplayable or anything and at least runs at 60fps. It's about 5-6/10
>>
>>385444902
>>385444947
What's wrong with it?
>>
Yes
t someone that used to care about metroid
>>
It killed Metroid for 7 years. I think so.
>>
It's playable and you might have some fun with it but it's really disappointing, from a technical standpoint is really good but it was castrated by design decisions such as controls, exploration and story, three points where Metroid always shined.
>>
File: poltards.png (73KB, 1056x869px) Image search: [Google]
poltards.png
73KB, 1056x869px
>>385444845
>>385445274

>t.

Fuck off back to your containment board
>>
An ok game, a mediocre metroid, not bad but not what we all expected.
>>
>>385445216
Story wise makes no sense and contradicts every single game in the series, even itself.
No exploration just linear corridors and save rooms every other room
3-4 times in the game it will go into first person and make you look for a pixel, you can be stuck here for many minutes even if you know what you are looking for
Have to point at the screen to fire missiles
You can just hold down a button to refill all your missiles and health so missile upgrades are useless
Not a single new item or move that wasnt already in other games
THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY X1000

A couple boss fights were ok

This is the kind of game that kill franchises
>>
if you don't really give a shit about Metroid you can have some fun with it. it's mostly bland.
>>
File: SwC - Samus will Cry.png (1MB, 996x993px) Image search: [Google]
SwC - Samus will Cry.png
1MB, 996x993px
>>385444845
Yes, it's that bad.
>>
>>385445216
Long, unskipable, boring af and with the most monotone voice acting cutscenes that break the already poor flow of the game. Unremarkable combat with a poorly thought out and annoying switch into first person gimmick. An amazingly poor OST consisting of mostly enviromental noises(which for a metroid game is a sin) accompanying poor uninteresting locations that are not fun to explore. And a really dumb plot thats a worse rehash of a plot in a previous metroid game to top it all off.

All in all one of the most boring and unengaging games I've played
>>
>>385444845
Gameplay wise it's decent. They tried to mix up the Metroid formula and it kind of worked. With some more variation or refinement it could have been a lot more fun.

Unfortunately it's linear, has a terrible story and no exploration.
>>
>>385445550
Its a polish meme
Not a /pol/ meme
Get your shit straight
>>
>>385445641
>Long, unskipable, boring af and with the most monotone voice acting cutscenes
That's enough for me to not buy it. I've finally reached a point where I do not care at all about a game's story unless I know it's good going into it. Cheers
>>
>>385444845
If you don't care about the metroid series at all, the cutscenes, story, dialogue, and voice acting are The Room levels of bad. Which is why it's absolutely infuriating if you do like the series and care about Samus as a character.
>>
>>385445989
I wouldnt say it's the Room levels of bad, because that would imply they're enjoyable in a "so bad its good". When I played the game they bored me out of my mind
>>
File: 1354059786597.jpg (129KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1354059786597.jpg
129KB, 680x680px
>>385445550
>nobody talking about SJW/feminist shit
>SJW/feminist comes in and starts shit up

oh, the irony

>>385444845
gameplay is passable (as opposed to the great games that are the rest of the series), looks ok for an early PS2 game (yup, it looks and sounds way worse than the Prime games), and the story is full cringe, both writing and plot
>>
>>385446583
Yeah, I should have specified that. It's the room levels of bad minus the entertainment value.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.