[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So here's some meat for you to chew on, /v/. No proof, take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1043spy4img.jpg (208KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1043spy4img.jpg
208KB, 720x405px
So here's some meat for you to chew on, /v/. No proof, take as you will. Screencap for future reference.

- E3 2016 -

> Crash Trilogy announced, gaming world goes N'sane.
> Activision higher ups literally so fucking dumb they didn't anticipate anywhere near this level of "TAKE MY MONEY".
- Extremely disappointed by muted reception to Crash appearing in Skylanders.
> Start throwing resources at Vicarious to make sure Crash Trilogy does as good as possible.
> Actually pays attention to how many people are saying "oh this is cool but when are they gonna remaster spyro???"

- Oct - Nov 2016 -

> Small team at Vicarious tasked with researching a Spyro remaster.
> Was discovered that a Spyro remaster would take maybe two thirds the time because Vivendi didn't store level data in cryptic-ass ways meaning actual original terrain and model data could be used.
> Team tasked with making a single level playable using whatever resources available, done within two weeks using Vicarious' in-house engine.

- Jan Feb 2017 -

> Spyro remaster greenlit. Most N'Sane staff will be working on polish and bug fixing by Feb meaning that development focus can be shifted.
> In-house argument breaks out because Activision want Vicarious to use redesigned Skylanders Spyro but Vicarious knows that would piss people the fuck off.
> N'Sane goes gold.

- Mar - April 2017
> 60-ish% of the NSane trilogy team is moved to the Spyro remaster team
> Activision marketing decided on the animation contest's winner, didn't tell us the winner until 3 days before everyone else knew. Had no animators left on the team so animation was done in free time of a Spyro team dev.
> Desperate work still needed to be done on NSane but Activision like money, QA is in desperate need, one lead programmer left.
> Get told to put the old Spyro demo code on title screen, told we are launching with a vertical slice demo.
> Vertical slice demo not ready to be shown at E3, Activision bosses FURIOUS.

> Hit character limit
>>
sent ;)
>>
Unlike Crash, spyro was never good, just remade CTR
>>
>>385441091
How long did it take you to remake CTR?
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 168x192px
>>385440759

- June -

> Final push, everything is MOSTLY done, bug list slowly getting cut down. We're actually going to make print.
> MFW we forgot to disable the Spyro code.

- July -

> Reviews were as expected, team knew new physics system was a big risk but did it anyway because fuck it go play the originals if you want everything to be 100% the same.
> Did not expect level of success and love.
> Team freaking out thinking Actidick going to come down on us for leaving the Spyro code in.
> No higher ups care, thank Aku.
> 20% of team remains, rest has been moved to the Spyro project.
> Sony are sitting on a vertical slice Spyro 2 demo and they aren't happy about it.
> Get to chill with the maintenance team pushing out the Slippery Climb DLC for rest of July.
> More DLC is 100% planned including one more unfinished Crash 1 level (the one that is closest to completion. Will be released in similar manner as Slippery Climb.

Dunno what's happening in August and beyond. Believe my story if you will. LOVE YA GUYS.
>>
File: enZwbGt.png (690KB, 740x576px) Image search: [Google]
enZwbGt.png
690KB, 740x576px
And one final thing, while I'm here, fuck Cuckicarus. Like seriously Activision has their pick of the litter to give pre-release code to and they chose the manchild who got fuckin' cradle snatched and acts like he's king of the internet despite literally being a cucked drone with a wife 12 years older than him and kids from different baby daddies and didn't even bother to shower for the collab video he was paid by activision to make?

Some Call Me Johnny is an okay dude though.
>>
So I guess they're saving it for Playstation experience?
>>
I want to believe. Even with first released Spyro was a hell of a lot better than the Crash games.
>>
If there is a god, there will be a remastered CTR and spyro trilogy happening within the next 2 years.

Please oh mighty god, strike down Activision reign of terror and lead them towards the light and your warm embrace as you whisper to them the holy gospel "Don't fuck this up, k?" "Oh and make sure Bungie can make a REAL destiny game that isn't full price DLC, thanks babes"
>>
>>385441091
wrong way round.
Spyro has barely even aged
>>
Ok.
I'll bite.
I have just one question.
Are these (and the Crash remakes for that matter) gonna stay PS4 exclusive, or will they come to PC?
>>
File: poltards.png (73KB, 1056x869px) Image search: [Google]
poltards.png
73KB, 1056x869px
>>385442304
Look how edgy you are wow it's like you're a cool adult!
>>
>>385441091
This. Spyro was garbage at worst and meh at best. It was never as popular as Crash Bandicoot and never ever will be.
>>
>>385443842

I've heard word that, now that we've left the code in, there will be an update in the future that makes the code "work" and include at least one stage from the remakes, so yeah. Playstation Experience sounds like a pretty safe bet and don't trust the upcoming DLC to only contain data for the DLC levels because 80% of that art is already in the game.

If people hadn't realized that inputting the code causes a small glitch where the cursor on the title screen "deselects" (it's actually selecting the now removed Spyro Demo link) when you input the old code before we could patch it out then I doubt any information would be released at all.
>>
>>385444498
Nope, it was never good. It was a boring fest during Spyro 1 and absolute garbage during Spyro 2 and 3.
>>
>>385445217

This is a timed exclusive, that's all I know. N'Sanity WILL release on Xbox One eventually but I don't know about PC.

That said the game is completely playable in developer mode on PC and includes all your standard graphical controls in-menu.
Normally if there was no PC port planned then those controls would be relegated to .ini files so there is hope.
>>
Is it going to be all 3 original Spyro games?
>>
>>385445312
this picture is accurate
>>
>>385442304
yeah hes pathetic
>>
>>385445312
t. Caddicarus
>>
>>385445312
I AM SILLY
>>
>>385440759
I like it when devs come to our little shithole and speak their minds. you are probably not going to give us timestamp of anything because >lmaostartingoveronjobmarket
got some questions tho
what is the mood in the studio like m8? are you guys good financially or barely struggling on whatever you can pull from publisher?
>>
>>385445446
Fuck off. Crash was barely a step above 2d platformers. I like Crash but if you want an actual 3d platformer Spyro is miles better.
>>
If you're listening OP tell your bosses that I will buy spyro at full retail price
>>
File: IMG_4493.jpg (76KB, 1228x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4493.jpg
76KB, 1228x697px
Please bring him back
>>
pshh
hey anon
Spyro games were never good
>>
see. The spyro brand is dead. Nobody truly cares
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.