[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/pok emon-go-fest-chicago-law

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1479875241508.gif (85KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479875241508.gif
85KB, 480x270px
https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/pokemon-go-fest-chicago-lawsuit/
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
SERVES YOU RIGHT NIANTEC
Pokémon Go Fest was so bad, attendees are planning a class-action lawsuit

Chicago’sPokémon Go Fest waskind of a mess.Fans bought tickets and traveled to join an outdoor celebration of the game, but the event quickly collapsed dueto technical difficulties. Players complained of nonexistent internet signals, glitches in the game, and a general air of disorganization.

So, some of them are considering takingPokémon Go‘sparent company, Niantic, to court.

Polygonreports that “20 or 30” attendees have joined a class action lawsuit with Chicago lawyer Thomas Zimmerman.He was first contacted by Jonathan Norton, a California man who flewto Chicago for the disappointingPokémon event. Along with several otherPokémon Go fans, Norton wantsa refund for his travel costs.
Disastrous fan conventions are an unfortunately regular occurrence, and attendees rarely seem to get much compensation. Just look at the aftermath of the infamous Tumblr conventionDashConin 2014. That being said,Pokémon Go Fest was organized by a video game company that raked in a ton of cash fromPokémon Go, so they may choose to compensate their disappointed customers to avoid negative PR.

Niantic already refunded the festival’s disgruntled attendees, along with an in-game bonus worth $100. But as this lawsuit points out, that definitely doesn’t cover the travel costs and time spent by fans attending the event.
>>
File: HappyPasta.gif (3MB, 368x349px) Image search: [Google]
HappyPasta.gif
3MB, 368x349px
>>385436821
GOfags BTFO
>>
File: 1474018732968.jpg (63KB, 880x757px) Image search: [Google]
1474018732968.jpg
63KB, 880x757px
mobile "gaming"
>>
>Class action suit

I'm so excited to see lawyers make millions of dollars while the plaintiffs get a $30 rebate if they're lucky.
>>
File: 1497675663135.png (313KB, 440x485px) Image search: [Google]
1497675663135.png
313KB, 440x485px
>>385436821
>>
>>385438557
Yeah, but it's still nice to get something. I got a $30 check from Nvidia over the GTX 970 thing. I bought the GPU even after the problem was known and I constantly go over 3.5GB with no problems, but it was satisfying because when I bought another GPU a few years prior, they denied my rebate for no reason, which was also supposed to be about $30.
>>
>>385436821
What kind of food is chicken hat eating?
>>
That glorious feeling when normalfags are abandoning Pokemon due to Niantic's incompetence, leaving mainline games for fans
>>
>>385438352
Less about mobile gaming and more about delegating a top japanese ip to a shitty American startup in the silicon cuck valley. It officially had a one star rating which was bumped to 2 stars in japan thanks to Niantic hiring Vietnamese spammers to hire the count of reviews. Unfortunately for them, Japanese pokemon fans have no mercy and it still has 2 stars to this day with plenty of bad reviews
>>
>>385438991
It's a teekyu edit. I don't know.
>>
Only in America
These people haven't had an actual problem in their lives.
>>
>>385438991
malasada
>>
>>385439635
People flew in from fucking all over the country and Australia, japan, etc.
This is a fucking slap in the face for anyone who traveled more than 20 min to get to the fest.
>>385439635
>Only in America
>These people haven't had an actual problem in their lives.
And I suppose you have?
>>
>>385439856
Trust me, I know what real problems are. You'll never understand.
>>
File: pool.jpg (100KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pool.jpg
100KB, 2048x1024px
Ah thanks had a good laugh but also because it reminded me of pic related.
>>
>>385440131
>>>385439856 (You)
>Trust me, I know what real problems are. You'll never understand.
Try me.
I work 70 house a week, pay for my father's cancer treatment, put food on the table too. He's probably not going to live to see Christmas this year. My little brother was fucking murdered and raped to death by a pedophile last month, and just before 2017 started I lost my best friend to heart failure (pacemaker since birth). Notwithstanding my myraid of health problems (chronns, cluster migraines, asthma from 2ndhand smoke growing up, maniac depression.)
Try me motherfucker. Let's hear it.
>>
An event like this would work in Japan. The infrastructure there is amazing.
If something like this happened in Japan, jobs would be lost in both the organizer and the company who was backing the phone/internet service and that would be enough to satisfy the angry attendees.

The fault wasn't with Niantic, it was with the phone company providing the service. Western greed is an amazing thing, no jobs will be lost, and blame will be shifted as long as the one at fault stays in the black.
>>
File: !.gif (839KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
!.gif
839KB, 500x360px
>>385440131
>tumblrfag spotted
>>
You should definitely fix your space button
>>
>>385441543
I just copypasted from the article.
>>
A fitting end for another dumb fad that plagued the earth with normalfaggotry. What's next on the list for 'stupid flavor-of-the-month shit that needs to die off'?
>>
>>385442063
early access survival games and twitch bait in general
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.