[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has the soul of video games rotted away? Why did we let it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 26

File: 1418081588404.jpg (519KB, 1080x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1418081588404.jpg
519KB, 1080x1200px
Why has the soul of video games rotted away? Why did we let it happen?

>paid mods
>ads in free versions of mods
>devs hiring modders to fix and create their shit
>mobile gaming taking over
>day 1 dlc rampant
>season passes are popular
>censorship encouraged and defended
>sjw politics forced into games
>games no one wants continue to release
>games people do want are mobile only
>episodic remakes
>games getting more casual and easier
>900p 30fps
>mid generation "HD" console releases like PS4.5 and new Xbox and "new 3ds"
>japanese companies bowing to western pressure to censor their games
>companies refusing to bring back popular highly requested dead ip's
>more and more games needing a kick starter
>every game in beta early access for months to years
>VR dead before its even a thing
>ridiculous DRM in games like always online and cutscene streaming
>broken games and bugs and shitty errors disguised and defended as unique game features and art direction
>micro transactions mandatory in every game

Will video games ever recover or will they become like every other field of entertainment?
>>
None of that part of MGS2 pertains to the video game industry.
>>
File: 1495584511030.png (1MB, 923x641px) Image search: [Google]
1495584511030.png
1MB, 923x641px
Because it got popular. The lowest common denominator can eat this shit up no problem now, and they dont know any better.
>>
File: RAGE.jpg (57KB, 445x459px) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.jpg
57KB, 445x459px
MGS 2 DIDN'T FUCKING PREDICT, YOU GOD DAMN RETARD

FUCK

I HATE THIS FUCKING MEME

HALF OF JAPAN ALREADY OWNED A MOBILE PHONE WITH ACCESS TO THE INTERNET WHEN THE GAME CAME OUT

THAT SHIT WAS HAPPENING THERE REGULARLY

THEY DIDN'T FUCKING PREDICT SHIT

FUCK YOU
>>
Like anything good that gets too popular, its fault lies on the userbase
rest is just suits milking money off until it dries
same with this board, went to shit right around 07 like most of the web
>>
>>385435914
I need proof of this.
>>
Some video games adhere to some of these. Others do not. Monster Hunter 4U released with a pile of free DLC, no incentives for preordering it, no censorship or SJW garbage, is a full package, and doesn't adhere to any cancerous nu-dev memes like early access, survival, etc. The only obligatory checkmark on your "List of things I don't like about the industry" it follows is that it isn't super duper high-level 4K 120FPS graphics. Which apparently means that the game itself is irrelevant because 16TXAA is absolutely necessary for a good video game.
>>
Videogames used to be for jobless autists who played all day and cared about them as a result, now they are for wageslave normies who play 1-2 hours per day after their 9-5 and will buy anything as long as the commercials tell them to.
>>
>>385436404
Isn't that a mobile game
Fucking lmao
>>
>>385435914
Why are you so mad, even if what you say is true for a western perspective IT IS predicting it. I dont get why people that hate japanese culture in general comes to a board created for the sole propose of discuss that, fuck off new fag srsly
>>
>>385435914
MGS2 was written in 1999. iMode didn't even launch until that year, let alone exist long enough for any effect it had on society to be observed. Stay mad, dumb nigger.
>>
File: animalsoccerworldbig.jpg (228KB, 410x580px) Image search: [Google]
animalsoccerworldbig.jpg
228KB, 410x580px
>>385435612

The younger generation of kids, who began gaming circa 2007, have never seen the industry without DLC + Episodic Content + Early Access Trash + Season Passes. They think of these anti-consumer, nickel-and-dime praactices as not only legitimate business but GOOD business. They will defend their favorite corporation as if they were a friend, instead of scrutinizing them like a consumer. The new generation of gamers normalized and incentivized shoddy game-development practices because they made it PROFITABLE to do so. 15 years ago, half of the business practices today would be laughed out and companies like Valve and Bethesda would have been forced to shut down due to poor sales.

Parents in their 30's, 40's, who never played games and didn't really know about it, also assumed all of these shitty practices are 'just part of the hobby!' and thus continue to fund the inevitable death of creativity.
>>
File: 1495496195071.png (688KB, 600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1495496195071.png
688KB, 600x2000px
>>385435879
>>385435971
>>385436492
This. There hasn't been a single game released this year or the past decade that hasn't been lowest common denominator shit that's a total scam.
>>
File: the prophet 2.jpg (319KB, 408x2652px) Image search: [Google]
the prophet 2.jpg
319KB, 408x2652px
>>385435612
>>
>>385436772
Tell that to the redditors that came here and unironically say that 2017 is a good year for vidya.

We have fallen.
>>
>>385436598
since when did a handheld game mean a mobile game
>>
SONY ACTUALLY HAVE THE NERVE TO RAISE THE PSN PRICE.
>>
>>385435612
You should've used the MGS2 quotes discussing made-up marketing/reviews to control what media people flock to, the one you picked better reflects political-correctness and the Internet in general.

Also to answer your question: it got big. No successful economy wouldn't exploit that into its natural money-laced conclusion appealing to the lowest-common denominator, whether it be Microsoft, Sony, EA, Bethesda, Activision, Ubisoft, Nintendo, etc.

Also Israeli Goldsteins controlling every facet of the media and having their own agendas, likely towards the eventual downfall of western civilization.
>>
>>385436832
>what is the entire souls series
fuck off pc cuck
>>
>>385435914
This text has nothing to do with phones.
>>
>>385437385
This is the truest post I seen on 4chan all day. Vidya is dead and so is the West.

>>385437428
Fuck off cuck.
>>
File: jewish media.jpg (445KB, 1746x1364px) Image search: [Google]
jewish media.jpg
445KB, 1746x1364px
>>385437385
>Also Israeli Goldsteins controlling every facet of the media and having their own agendas, likely towards the eventual downfall of western civilization.

How DARE you dishonor the six trillion with this antisemitic garbage? I'll have you know that all of my great-grandparents died in gas chambers.
>>
>>385437385
this i don't get, why destroy something you have built?
polfags point to jewman but never gave a actual motive besides lmao nazis dudes
>>
>>385435612
>>devs hiring modders
how is this bad are you dumb
>>
>>385437517
haven't you played new vegas you fucking cuck
>>
>>385437428
>>what is the entire souls series

Getting more and more casual. DS2 and DS3 do everything possible to hinder invasions. DS2 in the form of soul memory and lack of permanent invasion orbs, DS3 in the form of the ridiculous number of summons
>>
>>385435612

I think the biggest victory of vidya marketing was naming unfinished games, "early access". Boy, don't that sound exclusive.
>>
>>385437635
Because they don't get 'hired' hired in the way that gets you dental and a living wage, they get `````````hired'''''''' in the sense that gets your creativity wrung out of you for pennies then your husked corpse tossed to the side.

See: Dota 2 workshop. https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/62991t/the_dota_2_workshop_and_its_ecosystem_are_dying/
>>
>>385437676
I don't eat shit, now go back to choking Tyrone's BBC while giving Shekelstein more money.
>>
>>385437819
>new vegas
>shit
how much of a KEK can you FUCKING BE
>>
>>385436847
>It can't be that people actually like it, it must be some sort of brainwashing conspiracy! That's the only thing that explains my taste differing from other people's!

You guys don't actually believe this, do you?
>>
>>385437986
>he hasn't seen the mass herd mentality towards garbage shit like BotW and Nier 2
>he thinks herd mentality doesn't exist
Wake the fuck up and actually look at these cashgrab for what they are.
>>
>>385437580
It's more-or-less controllable-transformation, taking over said nation(s, counting Europe) and initiate Jewish-Communist dominance over the planet, naturally.

Nazi-Germany being the aggressor in post-Weimar conflicts and starting their own Red Scare gone horribly wrong isn't something I'll defend, but the absolute stretching of facts and numbers Jews have done is certainly a red flag regarding fear of the world getting "any wrong ideas".
>>
>>385438221
>Automata
>Bad
pleb as fuck how can you even live with your shitty opinions
>>
>>385438349
It has lots of fanservice so it's a good game. :)
>>
>>385437986

You really think people can't be made to like things, that it's impossible to manufacture success? Do you really think the most popular things represent the best in literature, film and video games?

Sure, people do like it. But media sure plays a role in what gets to be easily heard, read and played. There's also a cultural aspect of invalidating the unpopular (hipster music, pretentious movie etc) .

Also, /v/irgins are not excluded from it.
>>
>>385438415
give me 5 reasons its bad you contrarian FUCK
i'm waiting on you and the FUCKING RETARD that had THE BALLS to shittalk new vegas
C'MON
>>
>>385438349
People would like Donte too if he had a different chromosome and a larger ass.
>>
>>385438349
You fell for the mob mentality.

>>385438415
This. This is exactly the driving force for that trash game's manufactured success. There's basically nothing to it otherwise.

>>385438257
Which perfectly explains why all unpopular opinions on works of fiction (I.e. vidya) are ostracized to hell.
>>
File: can you not.jpg (5KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
can you not.jpg
5KB, 200x193px
>>385438415

Sexual gratification is as valid of a reason to buy a game as any other reason. Sexy characters make endorphins release in my brain, good gameplay makes endorphins release in my brain, a good story makes endorphins release in my brain, etc.

It's all the same. The sex instinct runs deep so you can get a lot of endorphins that way too. There are political groups (primarily feminists and conservatives) that don't want sex in entertainment, in feminists' case because it decreases women's sexual bargaining power, and in conservatives' case because 2000 years ago we needed more humans on Earth, but we don't anymore.
>>
>>385438593
you fallacy slinging contrarian fuckwad, give me reasons, FACTS that prove automata is bad
Otherwise, shove it and fuck off
>>
>>385438221

Herd mentality only exists when everyone is physically in proximity to each other. It does not occur when talking about millions of people spanning ages ranging from 4 to 40 and residing in all corners of the planet.

You can't trick people into believing they are having fun when they aren't. I bet you believe everyone just pretends to like alcohol too.
>>
>>385438879

>You can't trick people into believing they are having fun when they aren't.

That's not the argument, you fucking retard.
>>
>>385438567
Bad graphics, bad story, bad gameplay and always online DRM.
>>
>>385435914
It was true for everyone browsing the internet at the time, and to an extent also true for people watching cable news.

The only difference is that those "small ponds" are much bigger, but still heavily gated to match the ideology of the users. The media is better than ever at serving up custom versions of reality tailored to your narcissism, while making you *feel* informed. However you feel the world works can be validated by a mountain of articles and social media hot takes, every morning
>>
>>385438739
>>385438567
>nugamer is reaching peak butthurt
Amazing

>>385438638
You forgot about the fact that incessant fanservice came at the cost of everything else. It's a hollow shell of a game.

>>385438879
The only reason BotW got popular is because it's a Zelda game but with muh open world meme. So of course brainless Generation Z idiots who seek "muh gaymurr" cred without having to play Skyrim would eat it up. Like Nier it's a shell of a game that has nothing to it.

>>385439059
This. You can use this to describe every other game released this godforsaken year. Bleh.
>>
>>385435612
>>companies refusing to bring back popular highly requested dead ip's
This is a good thing
>>
>>385439059
>P*
>bad gameplay
Holy shit how wrong can one man BE
>>385439163
Name calling eh fuckwad? at least pleb number 3 over there tried
C'mon motherfucker, TYPE IT
>>
>>385438421
>Do you really think the most popular things represent the best in literature, film and video games?

The world is not populated by snooty art connoisseurs, film buffs, hardcore games, etc., etc. You should never expect the most popular to be the best of the medium, merely what has the broadest appeal. And that is exactly what we see, the most popular shit has the broadest appeal.

They don't manipulate the public. They focus group. They test screen. They play test. They try to find out what has the highest level of appeal to the most amount of people and make that. That is the tried and true method, not brainwashing on a massive scale.
>>
>>385437986
It's not a centralized conspiracy, it's just some weird natural/social phenomenon
>>
>>385439163
>You forgot about the fact that incessant fanservice came at the cost of everything else. It's a hollow shell of a game.

No
>>
>>385438567
New Vegas is pretty shit though. Its funny how NV fags will agree how terrible FO3 mechanics are but then still defend NV because of a few good quests, even though 90% of the game plays exactly like 3 but with a more bland world
>>
File: V2.png (87KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
V2.png
87KB, 352x240px
>>385435612

<<It's time>>
>>
>>385439324
I mean it is used by Shekelsteins to manipulate the public and distract them from the destruction of civilization.
>>
>>385439430
No, people are manipulating themselves
>>
>>385439382
What's next, fallout 4 is good?
>>
>>385439163
>You forgot about the fact that incessant fanservice came at the cost of everything else.

How? If the main character was modeled to be less sexy, would there be more maps to explore or something?
>>
>>385439568

It could just be that people like it.

Why are you guys so desperate to explain popularity you don't agree with as being something going wrong? It's not like all the "normies" all agree on everything too. Take any individual and there is going to be some popular shit they do like and some popular shit they don't like. This idea that the world is just a giant flock of sheep being herded to unanimous consensus by "the man" is utter crap.
>>
>>385439608
Nah but the most important gameplay elements (the ones you engage with the most) like the shooting, ai and exploration are much improved compared to the shit show that is 3's mechanics.
>>
>>385436832
>nobody debating this
Topkek nugamers. So glad summer is over so we can have more threads redpilling the shit out of then like this.
>>
>>385435612
>pre order dlc
>season pass
>micro transactions
>dlc in fucking general

These are what killed gayming
>>
>>385439947
Oy vey that is absolutely correct Goldstein! Remember the six gorillion!

>>385440059
This.

Also note how nugamers are being awfully silent ITT. They lost already?
>>
>>385440016
What's there to debate? It's just a series of personal opinions. Also the list is missing a bunch of games
>>
GAMERGATE
GAMERGATE
GAMERGATE
GAMERGATE
GAMERGATE
>>
>>385440204
I miss them bros. Now it's just SJW and Cuck yesmen eating up every new game coming out.
>>
>>385440204
What do they have to do with industry practices? The only lasting impact they had was getting a bunch of gaming websites and the FTC to update their disclosure policies
>>
>>385436259
They had FullHD tvs in 1990.
So yeah
>>
>>385440016
was it autism?
>>
>>385440676
Who's more autistic?
>After analyzing recent trends in gaming, I have found out that gaming today is exponentially worse than gaming in the early 2000s and 90s. Saying that it's better now is like saying dog shit smells better than horse shit
Or
>everythign us good lol 2017 best year evar!!!!! dlc and early access rule! please insert more PoC and attack helicopters into muh games gaize!
>>
>>385440973
The first guy, is this even a question?
>>
>>385440973
nice strawman. do you even know what exponentially means?
>>
File: wo6oQhv.jpg (605KB, 2160x2250px) Image search: [Google]
wo6oQhv.jpg
605KB, 2160x2250px
>>385440328
Gamergate's purpose for existence was to prove that the Gaming Industry was corrupt, and they did. Along with Cuties Killing Videogames, it proved that the people running every single review and authoritative firm are all in the same little bubble. All of them.

Gamergate only sought to point that out, and prompt change from the inside, and the only thing it did wrong was try to accomplish more than that.
>>
>>385441748
Modern 4chan users have no actual idea what GamerGate was about. The censorship was so thorough that you can't have a clear picture unless you were there as it was happening.
>>
>>385441748
>Gamergate's purpose for existence was to prove that the Gaming Industry was corrupt, and they did.

That's only half of gamergate's purpose. The other half was to remove SJW from gaming and they failed abysmally at that because the reality is most people who play games don't get triggered by seeing a minority character or a female character that isn't scantily clad and 11/10.
>>
>devs hiring modders

how the fuck is this a bad thing?
>>
File: confused_1.webm (2MB, 862x720px) Image search: [Google]
confused_1.webm
2MB, 862x720px
>buys terrible games from shitty devs
>blames the entire industry
>>
>>385442263
Exactly. Nowadays most recounts of Gamergate are from third parties who weren't there, or first party revisionists who only saw what they saw.

>>385442358
That's a gross oversimplification of their tertiary goals. Their guns were initially turned on people like Zoe Quinn, who exploited social justice and its various orbiters to make a quick buck, and squelch/censor all dissenting opinions thusly.

Say what you want about the radical right wing, they're at least not the side that tries to censor shit. At least, not nowadays.
>>
>>385442358
But you're wrong. That's not what Gamegate was about.
>>
>>385442512
>Say what you want about the radical right wing, they're at least not the side that tries to censor shit.

You say that like they aren't constantly calling for the censorship of "leftist politics" in videogames. You just mean they aren't the ones calling for the censorship of fapbait.
>>
>>385442781
That's correct, no one cares about politics being removed from the game because politics add nothing to it. Sex appeal does add something to the game, so people care when leftists attempt to censor it.
>>
>>385442781
Leftist politics in videogames are the ones that actively try to censor shit right now. Removing censorship isn't censorship.

In fact it's literally factually the opposite.

I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here.
>>
>>385436832
>implying Nier Automata didn´t single handely save forever the videogame industry
>>
>>385442465
POST MORE JOOST NOW
>>
>>385442864
>put female/minotory/whatever character in game
>WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?
>have "ugly" female character
>WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE BEAUTIFUL FEMALE CHARACTERS?

Make no mistake, both sides are actively trying to dictate the content of video games for everyone.
>>
>>385436832
>cherrypicked

and what evidence is there that oddysy is "mario 06"? can you show me a single game breaking bug? what i saw of it looked pretty fun
>>
>>385443270
When was the last time a politically neutral, or right wing game ever got released in the west and was taken seriously?
>>
>>385435879
this
>>
File: JUST AS BAD.png (32KB, 772x444px) Image search: [Google]
JUST AS BAD.png
32KB, 772x444px
>>385443270
The difference is that one side wants attractive characters because humans like to look at beautiful things and it only adds to the experience. The other side wants to add ugly characters for political reasons. In feminists' case because it decreases women's sexual bargaining power, and in conservatives' case because 2000 years ago we needed more humans on Earth, but we don't anymore.

The content one side wants is pro-consumer and anti-politics, the content the other side wants is anti-consumer and pro-politics. Please stop falsely equating them because I've already explained this to you earlier in the thread.
>>
if you want to worry about the death of video games worry about the dishonest horseshit like this
>>
File: Capture.png (595KB, 488x848px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
595KB, 488x848px
>>385443756
forgot image
>>
>>385443734
This.
Videogames need good looking characters, like movies, because its fucking fiction and can use eye candy.
If sjw fat commie whore wannabes ( cus no one would fuck them lol) wanna see ugly they just have to buy a mirror.
>>
>>385443636
All the fucking time. The vast majority of games don't really have strong political bias one way or the other, they are just supposed to be fun.

>>385443734
>The difference is that one side wants attractive characters because humans like to look at beautiful things and it only adds to the experience.

No. /v/ is a bubble, not everyone in the world is as sexually frustrated as the people around here are. The top selling games are not just somewhat lacking in sexual content, most are almost utterly devoid of it. For most people who play games they do so because they just want to have some light entertainment, not jerk off.
>>
>>385436847
Its been like that long before video games. Do you really think music groups like The Beatles could be famous on their own?
>>
>>385439292
not him. but by platinum standards the game is bad. okay at best. especially by it having more budget to work with than their previous games. The plot was also really bad. the story was worth of an forgotten and bad anime of the season. even had the retarded shota going "berserker". the ost was also really lame compared to the first one and drakengard 3
Platinum's gameplay have been getting simpler and worse since Rising. Bayonetta 2 is an offense to the first in terms of gameplay.
Stop dick riding platinum just because people meme them into oblivion.
>>
>>385444125
>The top selling games are not just somewhat lacking in sexual content, most are almost utterly devoid of it.

The top selling games all feature nominally attractive women. There is no one who is deliberately ugly.

Your way of thinking is so childishly black-and-white that I wouldn't be surprised if you're underaged. You can't look at attractive characters and realize that it's the same appeal as what you're thinking of as 'masturbation bait', just subtler and more palatable for the casual audience.
>>
File: 1497507888353.png (167KB, 909x791px) Image search: [Google]
1497507888353.png
167KB, 909x791px
>vidya just started to be a shit industry recently
The industry has always been bad, it's just been filled with bright spots over the years.
>>
>>385444557
>>
>people are genuinely upset at hot women in games now
>>
>>385444557
>g-guys do I fit in yet?
>>
>>385435612
>not playing indie and AA games
What are you even doing
>>
File: Tetris-Blocks-1.png (16KB, 2000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Tetris-Blocks-1.png
16KB, 2000x667px
>>385444621

Yeah, just look at all these hot babes.
>>
>>385444557
>It's not a platinum game
>there's only 1 or 2 good platinum games

I dont get it, is that a bad thing?
>>
>>385444772
Only feminists and their bootlickers.
And also some religious conservatives
>>
>>385442915
>N:A
>good
It was literally just Taro finally revealing that he literally can't write anything but Drakengard, over and over again. The first Nier was a complete fluke, the man is a hack.

Nice designs and music, but the story was all over the place. You can blame SE to some extent for gutting the budget, but that doesn't somehow absolve the development team.
>>
File: 1501252630564.jpg (49KB, 640x726px) Image search: [Google]
1501252630564.jpg
49KB, 640x726px
>>385444621
MAN you are dull
>>
>>385444621

No, you are wrong. As people get older their libido wanes. That sort of stuff just doesn't have the same appeal as it did when you were a teenager going through puberty. Maybe you'll get there yourself someday, kid.

By the way, the top selling games are not shit like Nier and Persona 5, it's the largely sexually neutral military shooters, racing games and sports games.
>>
>>385435612
It's just the ever-changing TIMES. You can't fight the SCENE, man.
>>
>>385445270
Is this uncle jun from the sopranos?
>>
>>385436832
>FF7:RE censored
Wait what's this hot new outrage?
>>
>>385445573

Something about the ridiculously over the top gay characters probably not being as well received today as they were back then.
>>
>>385444798
>korra was shit
small budget
>TMNT was shit
small budget
>Transformers was shit
small budget
>Bayo2
forced limitation on the combo system that required ng+ to surpass, eneies WILL break your combo after a certain number of chains no matter if they are still being juggled or the attack has an stun. you can evade this limitation if you hit them in the back. but you will not be able to restart the juggle. wicked weaves barely do anything outside witch time (this applies to many other attacks)
>Automata
streamlined and dumbed down combat.
keep dick riding them you idiot. can't even come up with a decent argument and have to a shitty meme spouting
>>385444959
Automata was still dveloped by then. they were responsible for the gameplay. they could at least tried to do something decent. part of the reason of initial popularity was they Platinum was making it
>>
>>385440016
It's you again!
Doing god's work saving the white race and videogames as a whole by shitposting on the internet.
Maximum kekz.
But yeah, dude, you're right life sucks and everyone is SJW.
>>
>>385435612
>paid mods
free mods still exist, nobody forces you to buy anything
>ads in free versions of mods
even if such mods exist they probably don't deserve your attention anyway
>devs hiring modders to fix and create their shit
how is this bad
>mobile gaming taking over
normies market is irrelevant
>day 1 dlc rampant
either shit or get released year later for $1
>season passes are popular
yeah that's pretty shitty
>censorship encouraged and defended
by whom?
>sjw politics forced into games
examples,, not necessarily a bad thing
>games no one wants continue to release
if they get released it means they sell therefore someone definitely wants them
>games people do want are mobile only
wut
>episodic remakes
episodic FF became a thing since 2003
>games getting more casual and easier
are they?
>900p 30fps
sub-resolutions were a thing since forever, 30fps on consoles was always a standard
>mid generation "HD" console releases like PS4.5 and new Xbox and "new 3ds"
yeah, that's kinda silly
>japanese companies bowing to western pressure to censor their games
been a thing since forever, but still dumb
>companies refusing to bring back popular highly requested dead ip's
what ips? some of them got brought back and the result wasn't particularly fantastic (Thief, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex)
>more and more games needing a kick starter
how is it a bad thing? you're not forced to donate
>every game in beta early access for months to years
95% of these are survivalcraftmmo bullshit, who cares
>VR dead before its even a thing
how is it bad?
>ridiculous DRM in games like always online and cutscene streaming
ridiculous DRM been a thing since forever, still shitty though
>broken games and bugs and shitty errors disguised and defended as unique game features and art direction
examples?
>micro transactions mandatory in every game
EVERY game? I think you should stop playing shit

Doesn't seem that much rotted away to me
>>
File: LLIZVAl.png (843KB, 800x2960px) Image search: [Google]
LLIZVAl.png
843KB, 800x2960px
>>385442263
I still have their old gamergate flyers
>>
>>385437428
Cash grabs and rehashes
>>
File: CzVxpRFUkAAMAce.jpg large.jpg (239KB, 1102x1100px) Image search: [Google]
CzVxpRFUkAAMAce.jpg large.jpg
239KB, 1102x1100px
>>385442358
Really? Because it looks like they barely even tried
>>
>>385445961
>Platinum is the best developer in the world but lack investors.
>Nier had the SE money but it sucked!

You make no sense, according to you most games are shit due to low budget and when they finally get budget they still make shit, yet they are still an amazing developer and Nier isn't worthy to be called a Platinum game.

I wish I could say I still get your point but you are not making one.

Also if you were expecting Bayonetta 3, let me tell you that Nier is basically an jrpg that aims to reward grinding and side questing for better items much more than raw skill.
>>
>>385437986
>taste
It's a matter of social conformity for most people.
Only loner neckbeards care about taste in vidya, which is why the market is oversaturated with shitty generic multiplayers.
>>
>>385436832
>splatoon 2
>shovelware port

Anon I don't think you know what either of those two things mean
>>
>>385435612
This board,entitled shit heads that are never happy, gaming journalists,sjws, trolls,console warriors,pc master race,fps resolution over design and gameplay,high cost off making games, Activision.
>>
>>385446230
I love how no one is debating this etc etc
See? I can do it like the big boys too.
>>
>jews
>jews
>Bethesda
>casuals
>jews
>jews and sheeple consumers
>SJWs
>SJWs
>casuals
>Japan
>Japan
>casuals
>diminishing hardware returns
>the success of smartphones
>SJWs
>jews
>jews and publishers being shit
>jews and sheeple falling for it
>VR is a shitty gimmick
>jews
>jews clamping down on production time since "the programmers can just patch it out later"
>jews
GEE I'M NOTICING A TREND HERE
>>
File: 1279245855470.jpg (26KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1279245855470.jpg
26KB, 360x270px
>>385435612
VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>385439298
Sure, fuck off GW.
>>
>>385435612
>Devs hiring modders to fix and create their shit
Thats called an employee
>>
>>385442465

I want to hug confused joost
>>
>>385436832
>These games that haven't come out yet are bad
>>
File: comitttee of 300.png (932KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
comitttee of 300.png
932KB, 1280x720px
>>385438257
Steins;Gate franchise mentions it as well.
>>
>>385446593
my point is that I can overlook when they make licensed games with small budget. especially under actvision.
When have decent budget but shit the bad? no. and again half the reason Automata got so much popularity was platinum. every day there was thread of idiots saying the game would amazing and so on.
And since platinum was responsible for developing the game. it is a Platinum game. I nerver said it is not a platinum game in any of my posts. the might not own the franchise. but they are the ones behind the gameplay and level design. same for other licensed games.
I wasn't expecting Bayo 3. I was expecting somthing better than they had put in the market in the last couple of years.
A good action rpg have a good balance between raw skill and grinding. which is something that neither the west or japan have been able to do since the last generation on home consoles
>>
>>385439059
>"give me reasons why it's bad"
>"it's bad xd"
>>
>>385435612
Gaming is fine and I've been playing videogames since about '92 which is before most of you were born. AAA is shit but AAA has pretty much always been shit. This year was pretty solid actually.
>>
>>385436832
>tfw you don't blame your crippling depression on the video game industry personally wronging you, instead finding healthy coping mechanisms for your chronic illness and continuing to enjoy new video games.
>>
File: dealwithit.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
Videogames are better than they've ever been despite all the problems you've pointed out and overinflated. I'm having more fun these days playing vidya than I ever had as a child. Can't wait for
>Blue Reflection
>Nights of Azure 2
>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
>Tokyo Xanadu Ex+
>Dragon Quest XI
>Monster Hunter World
>.hack//GU Last Recode
>Trails of Cold Steel 1 (PC version)
all to come out in the near future. Sorry you have trouble enjoying video games OP. I'm having a blast.
>>
File: chill-man-2496758.png (135KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
chill-man-2496758.png
135KB, 500x530px
>>385439163
>The only reason BotW got popular is because it's a Zelda game but with muh open world meme. So of course brainless Generation Z idiots who seek "muh gaymurr" cred without having to play Skyrim would eat it up. Like Nier it's a shell of a game that has nothing to it.

lol
>>
File: 1423900838590.gif (347KB, 215x260px) Image search: [Google]
1423900838590.gif
347KB, 215x260px
Out of touch old people sank their teeth into video games and do their best to destroy them for money just like they did for TV, music, and books.
>>
>>385435914

imagine being so retarded that you miss the point this badly
>>
>>385448587
Then why are indie games still shit?
The internet made tv, books and music better. But it's only destroying games more.
>>
>>385435612
There just way too much stuff that is wrong with the current state of industry.
>market got way too big and company become more greedy because of it
>instead of aiming for specific target audience they want to aim everyone
>development cost in general become much more higher for bigger company
>less "experimental" game, everyone would just stick what will sell instead of trying to explore new ideas (this role however, mostly taken by indie developer)
>made by people who don't like to play vidya
>mainly focus on graphic and cinematic experience, blowing budget on something that barely make the game more fun to play
>trying to play god, game being way too big they have to cut corner when either development time or budget starting to running out
>>
>>385448840
They're not. Darkest Dungeon is great, Valdis Story is great, Dead Cells is shaping up to be great.

Indie is hit or miss. AA games have decent ratios and AAA is usually shit.
>>
>>385448840
>Then why are indie games still shit?

There are some great ones. Crypt of the Necrodancer is one of my all-time favorite games
>>
>>385448840
>Freedom Planet
>Undertale
>Faster than Light
>Long Live the Queen
>Dust: An Elysian Tail
>Shovel Knight
>Cave Story
>VVVVVV
>Analogue: A Hate Story/Hate Plus
I dunno I've had a lot of fun with indie games.
>>
>>385435612
Money
I am entirely convinced the video game market accurately allocates resources towards exactly what the majority of consumers want. It just happens that the majority of consumers ahve shit taste.
>>
>>385435612
got nothing to do with video games.

You've just gotten older.

Now please, tell us how music has gotten worse and kids these days just don't have any morals.
>>
>>385448840
>The internet made tv, books and music better.
Popular tv and music are at an all time low the same as video games.
>>
>>385449840
Music yes. TV no.
>>
>>385435612
dont worry anon
im in process of making game right now thats gonna turn upside down the gaming community
its mmofps
it will feature features noone even thought about
>>
File: 1493875305145.png (255KB, 496x479px) Image search: [Google]
1493875305145.png
255KB, 496x479px
>>385448840
Oh, that's a completely different can of worms.
Indie games are shit because indie devs are fucking children.
They are like children and also fucking them.
>>
>>385449950
TV was looking up for a while in the 00s, but it's been complete vomit lately. Netflix died faster than it got popular.
>>
>>385448587
>>385448840
the good thing about the internet is that you can be part of the indepent scene.
the problem is when companies start "helping" the indie scene by accepting every kind of garbage on their platform tho.
the YOLOLFMAORAMDUMB crew that walk in the video game industry also helps to maintain such an shitty status too, tho.
which forces us tho take a deep dive into the sea of garbage to find something good
>>
>>385449950
The fact that indie musicians like Ken Ashcorp and All Levels At Once exist make it hard for me to agree with you regarding music
>>
>>385449378
Also there's Rain World and Hollow Knight on my Best of 2017 list so far. And I'm sure there's more we're missing.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.