[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it die in the west? It's still getting games every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Why did it die in the west? It's still getting games every couple of years in japan but it's not ever being localized now and nobody cares about it. Why?
>>
>>385433146
>but it's not ever being localized now
DDR A has been officially localized in the US. And as for nobody caring about the series, I think DDR has been declining in popularity compared to other Bemani series.

I think Famitsu released a survey of "your favorite rhythm game series", and DDR was suprisinly low. It was below Pop'n Music, and Beatmania IIDX. First being Hatsune Miku.

And I don't think they will ever make another console port of DDR ever.
>>
>>385433373
I think the problem is that modern DDR has shit charts and music while IIDX gets all the high-budget god-tier sound design as well as pop'n's aesthetics.

Fuck miku though
>>
Multiple reasons:

1. DDR was primarily an arcade game, and arcades in the west tend to be rare as it is, most of them making due with old machines.
2. The dance pads for consoles tended to be either shit that broke down before you even attempted Normal mode or prohibitively expensive.
3. Rock Band and Guitar Hero proved that if you're going to look like an idiot playing a music game, you should at least make the music worth a damn.
4. Benami's other rhythm games are more popular overall.
>>
Pump it up > DDR
>>
>>385433494
The team is probably getting tired of the series. 4 panels is just way too simple. The charts are getting too complex for its own good. I don't blame them at all for shit charts, there's only so much you can do.

Which is a shame, I think DDR Extreme (AC), is one of the best rhythm games ever made.

>4. Benami's other rhythm games are more popular overall.
This is kinda funny too, because, while Pop'n Music is more popular with the players. Competitive DDR still gets more views, it's just that less people are interested in playing DDR.
>>
>>385433665
the timing in that series is all kinds of fucked
>>
>>385433587
5. Nips are fucking faggots
>>
it died because bemani did not go the PIU/ITG route and allow custom music/charts mods. the licensed music is shit and they lost a lot of the old classic and rights to the classic songs.

DDR A is closer to what it should be; but not close enough. I loved this game and its just a ghost of itself now.
>>
>>385433146
Well, I can only say for arcades is that it's probably because arcades are sadly a niche thing in the West
>>
>>385433665
This man knows whats up
>>
File: 1397582448762.gif (103KB, 370x230px) Image search: [Google]
1397582448762.gif
103KB, 370x230px
>>385433587
>Making due
Kill yourself
>>
>>385433146
>Why did it die in the west?
It's dying in Japan as well. Nips mostly play on mobile nowadays.
>>
>>385433146

Freestyle was the patrician way to play the game.

Unfortunately, all the real dancers who were choreographing cool routines to show off at tournaments stopped playing and went back to their real dance venues.
>>
>>385436717
I fucking hate barhuggers for this shit.
>I should be allowed to barhug because the game was designed to be played in any way you like!
>Now every single expert chart is designed to be barhugged
really makes you think
>>
>>385437197
yeah, you can easily full combo/mfc every chart on DDR Extreme without bar.

also, I think Chris is able to PFC level 17 charts without bar. but I think his height (and amazing skill), help him. I don't think someone shorter can PFC a 17 footer. and being tall is a disadvantage for Pop'n Music and Beatmania, so DDR is kind off an exception.
>>
>>385433146
We're too fat and arcades dying. I used to play a lot of DDR/ITG back in the early 2000's. I was a teenager then and I would hang out in arcades and play for hours. Eventually arcades started closing and I lost interest in favor. Became fat. I used to be able to do all the Max songs on Heavy but now I'm over 300 pounds with no rhythm thanks to antipsychotics, alcoholism, etc.
>>
>>385433146
Fat people cant dance without di from hearthattack.
>>
we gotta meme arcades back into existence
>>
>>385433146
Is still around in the westi
Work at an arcade that has both extreme and supernova and they both get played regularly
Also the mega arcade putting us put of business has several DDR cabinets as well as pump it up and in the groove machines.
>>
>>385437197

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um0zHRdt3LI

>remove bars from pads
>encourage freestyle and bar-free PA/FC

this was 2008 and they knew.
>>
It's failing because Just Dance and Dance Central came out, 'real' full body dancing, made DDR out dated and obsolete. Then Konami wanted a piece of the pie with Dance Evolution.. didn't go down too well.
>>
>Old Red Octane DDR mat gathering dust in the garage

It hurts man
>>
>>385433665
Came here to post this, my nigga.
>>
>>385439092
>tfw when impulse platforms is going to release a new pad with bar
feels good
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.