[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>instead of wasting time on /v/ you could have been learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_6101.jpg (37KB, 590x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6101.jpg
37KB, 590x550px
>instead of wasting time on /v/ you could have been learning to code your dream game

you could have finished it by now /v/, what's your excuse
>>
>>385408187
Who is saying i didnt?
Do your insecurities project anon?
PHfuckingD and shitposting in my free time,get bent.
>>
>le if you put enough hours you can do it!!!
fuck off
>>
games are shit and not worth your time
go make actual money instead
>>
I made a game and everyone hated it so fuck that I'll just shitpost
>>
Why aren't you working out right now /v/? You know video games are an unhealthy habit
>>
I'd hate to play a game i made, i'd be too focused on any mistake i made over actually enjoying. Video games are like sausages imo, you enjoy them better if you don't know how they're made.
>>
File: welcome.jpg (71KB, 425x567px) Image search: [Google]
welcome.jpg
71KB, 425x567px
>>385408389
>/v/
>video games
>>
File: 1488751704277.png (392KB, 848x1776px) Image search: [Google]
1488751704277.png
392KB, 848x1776px
>>385408187
I'm busy killing people online.
>>
>>385408283
PhD in what sir ?
>>
making game doesn't hold my attention. Depression gets into my head. Doing tutorials is fine, always have something to do but when I need to do stuff on my own, especially learning to draw, I can hardly keep it together.
>>
File: 1501201027631.png (524KB, 738x416px) Image search: [Google]
1501201027631.png
524KB, 738x416px
My dream game it's remaking a AAA western game, and the stuff i want to add literally would cost millions, so no, not even believing in myself would make it true.
>>
>>385409384
in cuckoldry
>>
>>385409384
Art history
>>
>>385408389
but I finished my workout 6 hours ago
>>
>>385408187
I have no excuse, ram my ass anon.
>>
>>385408187
>could have should have would have
Fuck off, virgin
>>
File: you.jpg (87KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
87KB, 1600x900px
But I shitpost on /v/ AND work on video games.
>>
>>385408187
Because the barrier to entry for someone who didn't grow up learning to code or learn in a formal environment is nigh insurmountable.

>"Actually, anon, I taught myself in just-"
Nobody gives a shit about your dumb anecdote. You're an exception, not a rule.

For everyone else, teaching yourself through a tutorial is almost impossible. Too much to learn, too little incentive to stick with it, and most importantly, too much of a slog. I've legitimately had more fun reading legal texts than trying to learn coding from online tutorials.

Now I could be wrong. There could be some tutorials out there that are effective and quick to learn, but I sure as hell don't know where they're at, and apparently they're obscure enough that you couldn't expect a novice to easily find them.

Basically, its like the artists always say: "It's never too late to start learning art." Whereas the reality is that you will never meet an artist who didn't start at a young age or wasn't naturally talented.
>>
>>385408389
I'm 32, with what work out should I begin? I never did it, I had enough with my job but I'll leave it soon
>>
>>385412142
>reddit spacing
>3k words just to say getting good at programming is hard
>3k words whining about something not being easy
you don't like programming and there's nothing wrong with that. move onto something else.
>>
File: Capture.png (4KB, 489x95px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4KB, 489x95px
>>385409384
med
Its not my fault you guys are borderline retarded.
>>
>>385413367
Yeah, learning python in my spare time for my degree. It's not fucking rocket science to learn things like this.
>>
>>385408187

I'm too fucking stupid to code.

>took programming when I was younger
>did not get ANY of it
>ask teacher questions
>everything he said went in one ear and out the other
>couldn't grasp this ancient voodoo at all

I'm going to go kms.
>>
>>385408580

This picture is bullshit, been coming here for years and I never got a soda or an 11 year old. Fucking liar whoever made this picture.
>>
>>385408187
after 10 solid days of development i realised it takes a really long time to make a good game
>>
>>385408187
>delusion
Oh boy.
>>
>>385412142
Plenty of idiots have learned to use a game engine. Ask >>>/vg/agdg and they'll tell you as much. Only thing you have to be able to do is use logic, especially using an engine like Unreal or GameMaker, where you don't need to learn strange and mysterious languages to make stuff.

Get an engine and start with the tutorials made by the creators of the engine. They are the best way to start. Maybe one that has you make a practice game first, rather than learning how everything works.

And even if you give up after a day you'll be better or faster with every attempt even if they're months apart. Even the professionals don't stop using google to find answers so don't worry about trying to learn everything.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.