[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>battle royale game >stupid fuck huge maps instead of small,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: pubg.jpg (129KB, 1200x706px) Image search: [Google]
pubg.jpg
129KB, 1200x706px
>battle royale game
>stupid fuck huge maps instead of small, confined spaces like schools or ship yards
>no way to place booby traps on doors or tripwires
>no viable form of team work aside from being in a party from the get go, or get reported for "being toxic" if you randomly group up and kill them afterwards, a staple of battle royale
>shitty hit detection for melee, along with garbage choices like a frying pan or crowbar, plus completely pointless as a weapon due to the amount of guns that spawn alongside them.
>emphasis on ranged weaponry which is fucking stupid instead of melee, or pyschological warfare on where traps and ambushes would be
this game is literally shit.
>>
those are all shit ideas and i'm glad the developers don't listen to dumb fucks like you
>>
File: scotty.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
scotty.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>>385399425

Real intelligent response. You sure told me. Enjoy eating shit for all I care.
>>
such a meaningful thread tho OP I give you a thumbs up
>>
>>385399730
>I dont like this game's focus therefore its stupid
>>
>>385399207
Couple million people disagree with you, broski.
>>
>>385400228
>I don't like the game's focus

This game's focus is to be a Battle Royale game, and it falls short, just becoming a gun deathmatch. None of the "Battle Royale" games have done it correctly yet.
>>
>>385400402
Make a better, true battle royale game then faggot and stop complaining.
>>
>>385400402
I see you have never read or watched Battle Royale.
>>
>The only thing PUBG players can come up with to defend this game is "lots of people bought it!" or "But i'm having fun!"

Yeah, because these are totally legitimate arguments towards a game's quality.

Oh wait
>>
>>385399425
FPBP

>emphasis on ranged weaponry which is fucking stupid instead of melee

You would design an awful br game
>>
>>385399207

>stupid fuck huge maps instead of small, confined spaces like schools or ship yards
There are schools and ship yards in the map, but the map itself is big because it's trying to be a survival game.
>no way to place booby traps on doors or tripwires
Culling implimented this and it was generally very slow and easy to play around, not really a good mechanic in the end.
>no viable form of team work aside from being in a party from the get go, or get reported for "being toxic" if you randomly group up and kill them afterwards, a staple of battle royale
what did he mean by this
>emphasis on ranged weaponry which is fucking stupid instead of melee, or pyschological warfare on where traps and ambushes would be
there is a lot of psychological stuff in the game? have you ever played this game? I mean it's not perfect but fuck ur idiot.
>>
>>385400559
because if someone comes up with an actual argument it's immediately dismissed.

Everyone knows the majority of /v/ users just shit on games because they're popular
>>
melee battle royale games are bad and you should feel bad

See: The Culling
>>
>>385399207
And now killing a streamer is literally a bannable offense
Enjoy your shitty meme game lmao
>>
>>385400515

Oh, but I have. And guess what. These games ain't shit like them.

If you believe they are then I'm afraid it's looking like YOU haven't watched or read it.

>>385400476

>You make da better game!

Fuck off, people are allowed to express their criticisms and opinions without wasting their time getting into game development. Just because someone has a dissenting opinion does not mean they don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>385400574

>It's trying to be a survival game
>The game neglects most mechanics included in a true survival game in favor of being a glorified deathmatch

You know, earlier there were PUBg players trying to say that the game ISN'T trying to be a survival game. Make up your mind.

>Culling implemented this

Yeah? It doesn't mean it can't be implemented properly. Just because one game fucked something up doesn't mean another can't do it better.

>what did he mean by this

The community is garbage.

>there is a lot of psychological stuff in the game?

Like what? Beyond "oh I might get shot." or "I don't know where people are" It could be much much better.
>>
>>385400626
Majority of the "actual" arguments hold no weight.

The only good parts about this game is how quickly you can get with your friends and start murdering people.

The rest is run of the mill bullshit that people are trying to inflate. Like, stuff that is standard for games like this.
>>
>>385401771

Forgot to mention the moving safe zones being the ONE other positive for this game including the others.
>>
>>385400763
It goes both ways you hypocrite retard.
>>
I'd rather have this than some retarded melee bullshit that plays just like that mediocre film. You really took the Battle Royale meme way too seriously.
>>
>>385402145
Assuming you're the same anon you didn't post anything resembling an opinion, or anything resembling that you "knew" what you're talking about.

All you did was dismiss the points and say "You make a better game!".

Hypocrite retard? Calm down kid.

Actually give a meaningful response next time and you won't find yourself in this situation.
>>
How do the teams work in this game, are 2-4 man teams in the same map as a solo player?

Also, when is Blizzard going to come along and completely BTFO of this genre and make a zillion esports dollars?
>>
>>385400652
>killing a streamer is literally a bannable offense
Holy kek! Sauce?
>>
>>385402550

there are three different queues, solo, duo and squad (4-man team)

you are free to join duo or squad with less than 2 or 4 players, though
>>
>>385402627
That is, of fucking course, not true.
>>
>>385402550

Blizzard already have Overwatch, that probably makes them enough money.

and the last time Blizzard tried to BTFO a genre (i.e. with HOTS) it didn't go to well
>>
>>385402462
>>385402462
I just think guns should be more scarce. If the maps were just a bit smaller and had more thought put into the layout, I imagine you could probably pull off that blend of melee/ranged weapons/traps quite well. Shame it hasn't been done right yet.

Yeah, it's battle royale in the sense that everyone is put in one place in order to kill each other, but all other aspects just don't exist.

No game has done it correctly yet, and I'm just stating this because it's true. If it happens that's good and dandy but i'm staying away from this "genre" until then. Just ain't for me.
>>
>>385403256
There's no "correct" way to do it. It's just inspired by the premise of the film and novel. No one ever had the thought of recreating it exactly.
>>
File: wild ride.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
wild ride.webm
3MB, 710x400px
there was some lag so the ending looks sped up. two vehicles too much to handle, i guess
>8.8/10 would die like that again
>>
File: ghost.png (130KB, 311x361px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
130KB, 311x361px
>>385403878
You do have a point. Just saw some people earlier trying really hard to convince me that it is "heavily inspired" by battle royale when it's just the basic premise of battle royale that carried over.

It really made me think.
>>
>>385404142
Wow, looks like shit
>>
>>385404142
Two vehicles crashing always result in hilarious stuff. Car chases are so much fun in this game, but don't expect to outlive one.

>>385404359
Yeah, well, the upcoming cosmetics are from the film. Look at the first image in the thread and you should be able to spot quite a few outfits from the film. I might have been that someone referred to.
>>
>>385402627
The new rules of conduct http://playbattlegrounds.com/rulesOfConduct.pu
>Do not stream snipe: this is a form of cheating and you will be banned if you do it.
But there is no way to prove you are actually stream sniping, so they are just going to trust salty streamers' words
There's already a 3d on plebbit of a guy who got a 7 days ban for killing shroud
>>
File: mess.png (35KB, 659x393px) Image search: [Google]
mess.png
35KB, 659x393px
>>385402627
>>385405023
>>
File: 1481701531007.png (3MB, 2668x1394px) Image search: [Google]
1481701531007.png
3MB, 2668x1394px
games remembered
>PUBG

games forgotten
>BotW
>>
File: kunoichi.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
kunoichi.webm
3MB, 710x400px
>>
>>385400402
Oh I forgot the part where you play as a bunch of Japanese high schoolers
>>
>>385407374
what was the point of this horrible webm?
>nothing remarkable happens
>10 seconds of nothing after the primary action
>>
File: theculling.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
theculling.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>385399207
yeah that went over well
>>
File: 1501101217178.jpg (103KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1501101217178.jpg
103KB, 1440x810px
hey, consolefags. i'm running this game at 45fps average now after the update. that's a lot more than console games. an EARLY ACCESS game performs better than almost all current gen games. think about it
>>
>>385399207
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrh-1mY9N_c

It's fun.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.