[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does anyone get the Platinum relics in this? just the Golds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: N._Sane_Trilogy_Boxart.jpg (323KB, 1188x1500px) Image search: [Google]
N._Sane_Trilogy_Boxart.jpg
323KB, 1188x1500px
How does anyone get the Platinum relics in this? just the Golds alone are killing me. Sometimes it even seems like obstacles aren't syncing up even when I do a run exactly the same
>>
>>385397909
>seems like obstacles aren't syncing up even when I do a run exactly the same
This is the reason why I didn't attempt to 100% any of the 3
>>
>>385397909
Because of them loading entire levels at the start, it is actually beneficial to wait a few seconds before getting the clock to get the perfect cycle.
>>
Crash 1 is the hardest right? If I can get all gold relics there the rest will be easier... right?
>>
>>385398917
Yes. For Crash 2 and 3, don't bother with their Time Trials till you beat both games normally. For Crash 2 and 3, you earn the running move when you beat their final bosses.
>>
>>385398742

For Crash 2 & 3, sure. Crash 1 actually loads it as you go along.
>>
>>385398917
Crash 1 is the overall hardest time trials but 2 has some levels that will make you scream.
>>
the dark souls of plataformers is supposed to be hard
>>
>>385399091
Tropical Freeze was harder, all my fuckups in Crash feel cheap because level elements weren't timed the same as before or the collision made me slip
>>
>>385397909
The obstacles don't sync up because the braindead retard devs have the whole level load at once (reason for shit loading times) and all the obstacles start going from the get go, so Crash will get his pill-shaped hitbox reamed through no fault of the player. In the original, they were timed to have the correct cycle going when they were rendered, and the level rendered in chunks.
>>
>>385398917
Crash 1 has the hardest (and longest) levels, but the most generous times. You can wait around for platforms to cycle and still get a Gold or even Plat (except The Lab, where you have to be absolutely perfect). Whereas Crash 2/3 are designed so you never stop going full speed, and expect you to make use of exploits in level design. To get golds in Crash 2 you have to master the glitched spinning long jump and start clearing gaps you were not meant to clear.
>>
>>385399316
>glitched spinning long jump
explain
>>
> the only difficulty stems from bullshit camera angles and hitboxes
Truly the Dark Souls of platform games
>>
>>385399427
Jump and spin at the same time.

You can also slide spin to get more speed but there was a thing called "Neutral Slide Spin" which was the fastest way to complete levels in Crash.
>>
>>385399427
Do a normal slide jump and press Square a faction of a second after X, you go much higher and further than normal. Allowing you to cross gaps you shouldn't be able to, such as the mole pits in Turtle Woods.

There's also the slide spin where you do the same input but without jumping, so you spin and slide at the same time. It's basically a slide with no cooldown animation at the end. Spamming it is much faster than normal movement.

Although with the introduction of speed shoes I don't know if it's the best way to do time trials, but anytime you are sliding or spinning you should do this instead since it gives you forward movement and no down-time.
>>
>>385399246
>>385398742

Literally fake news. Levels in Crash 1 load in chunks. Some elements in 2 and 3's levels load in chunks but a majority of those games' cycles are on a global timer, for example the fire breathing statue first thing in one of the ruin levels in 2.
>>
>>385400945
Slide jumping is the fastest movement in crash 2 and 3. Though crash 3 has a weird tech using tornado spin that goes fast as fuck
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.