[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gravity Rush thread. So, I'm going through the Delvool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 5095075-kat.png (243KB, 831x837px) Image search: [Google]
5095075-kat.png
243KB, 831x837px
Gravity Rush thread.

So, I'm going through the Delvool trench in post-game, and I've been getting quite a few new talismans. And so I've been wondering if there's a comprehensive list of all talisman skills and what they do?

Like, for example there's a skill that increases attack damage in particular style, but does it increase all damage, or just the basic ground attack damage? I know there's a separate skill for gravity kicks, but I thought maybe the former affects all damage and they can be stacked.

Speaking of which, I'd also really like to know what skills can be stacked. For example there are skills that increase attack (small effect) and skills that increase attack (medium effect). Both have a notice saying they cannot be stacked, but the game gives you some premium talismans with fixed skills, and a few of them come with both small+medium effect at the same time. So does that mean that different grades of the same effect can be stacked, but the same grade cannot?
Also some skills only increase damage in a certain style, but some increase it in all styles. Can specific+all skills be stacked?
>>
File: d54ath0.jpg (99KB, 1000x850px) Image search: [Google]
d54ath0.jpg
99KB, 1000x850px
Ce la la. Please, respond.
>>
KAT LICKS HAMBURGER WRAPPERS
>>
I thought /v/ liked this game... How quickly Kat got forgotten.
F
>>
a
ku
on
tu
wa
>>
>>385400290
Shu
O
Du
Vi
Se
>>
raws for the manga is out btw
>>>/a/160386989
>>
Wish I could tell you but to be honest I never got too caught up in the nuances of the talismans and what their poorly defined effects really meant. I can see why you'd want to know that for the trenches but I don't know if anyone's cared enough to parse that out. The trenches are the only time in the game that information would be even remotely necessary and it's optional so I doubt there's too much interest.
>>
>tfw they'll never print more copies of Remastered
I don't want to import, and I definitely don't want to settle and get digital
>>
>>385400452
Another thing, probably less important.
Do you know if the talisman colors mean anything? Like, does the color of the talisman depend on the quality if the stone you got it from?
>>
Kat smells like the collective shit of everyone in hekseville because she lives in a sewer.

She has lived in waste so long that there is no doubt in my mind she is a scat loving degenerate.

What a disgusting hobo.
>>
>>385400560
I don't get this kind of obsession with physical copies. Sure, they're nice to have, but if there are no other options, digital is nothing to shy away from.
What's really getting to me is that the theme and the avatars are still not available on the PSN, and are exclusive to pre-orders.
>>
>>385400560

I ended up settling for digital during Golden Week, though in my defense it was like $15 AND I already have a physical version of the game on Vita so for me it was a double dip, and I feel less bad about digital when it's a double dip. I didn't have a PS4 when it was new and it's as you say, they won't print anymore copies. Sucks but it's the hand we've been dealt.
>>
GR1+2 are on my backlog, kind of in the middle of a marathon at the moment though
>>
Been listening to a few tracks from the OST to these games
Was thinking of picking them up this weekend
it seems very emotionally driven, in particular 2's ost, Does some really beautiful wonderful things happen at the end of that game? really miss games with stories that have a sense of wonder, not sure how to explain i probably make very little sense
>>
>>385400586

I do know that the adjective describing the stones such as dull or shiny has a correlation with their power, but the different colors sort of have a similar loose association as well in my experience. It's been a while since I played so I can't tell you what all goes with what but it seems like the stuff at the top of the talisman list are the better ones (unless you've got some favorited) and as you go down the list/colors they get noticeably weaker. At least, I recall it sort of working out like that.
>>
>>385400887

There's definitely a sense of wonder to the narrative and atmosphere of these games but to be completely honest they lack coherency. Most people will say that the character interactions are charming and much better than the overarching story, which is needlessly obtuse at times and ridden with plot holes. But there's certainly a surrealist charm at play here and the characters tend to be very likable or at least entertaining.
>>
>>385400919
Yeah, that much is obvious. I was wondering if the quality of the stones somehow translated into the talisman appearance after identification.
>>
>>385400560
is remastered rare? , they are like 10$ in my country
>>
>>>/a/160386989
>>
>>385401174

That, I can't say for certain. I'd guess that it correlates more with the strength of the talisman rather than the status directly. I doubt a shiny will ever be shittier than a dull so the colors probably won't see much overlap there but this is all assuming I'm not talking out of my ass. These sort of things are really nebulous in their execution and I can't say I ever picked up on a hard pattern.
>>
>>385400434
>>385401330
>it's just the manga adaptation of the OVA
Welp.
>>
>>385401326

In America it is. It was never released in retail proper, only as an Amazon exclusive and a small print run at that. Getting an American copy now is a price hiked headache.
>>
File: 1445718339647.jpg (19KB, 366x399px) Image search: [Google]
1445718339647.jpg
19KB, 366x399px
>>385401368
You'd think at least some autists on the vast internets made an effort to do some research on the topic and document it, but I can't seem to find much. Well, maybe in Japan they did.
>>
>>385401520

You'd really think so. I guess you can experiment with combining shitty ones and see if there's any color changes worth noting.
>>
which GR should I get first when I buy my ps4?
>>
>>385401692
I guess I could just do some testing myself, yeah, if I'm not gonna be too lazy.

Does anyone here at least clear the entirety of the Delvool? If nobody really know all the intricacies of the talisman skill mechanics, can you at least recommend some of the best/your favorite skills for going through it?
>>
>>385401734
The remaster of the first game obviously. 2 is a direct sequel. Well, not exactly direct, you should watch the OVA to learn how Kat ends up in a different place after the events of the first game.
Plus, GR1 is still a Vita game, even if in HD on PS4. So it's quite limited in many aspects compared to the sequel, so you'd appreciate the sheer beauty of GR2 more after playing the first game.
>>
>>385401445
Interesting. I got a copy in Australia pretty easily. Most of the major retailers were stocking it at some point.
>>
>>385402238

Yeah, GR Remastered is an instance where America got screwed harder than everywhere else.
>>
>>385401734
GR: Remastered
OVA
GR2

Accept no other order.
>>
>>385402238
Only the US and Canada got fucked with the GR remaster. Every other country got a normal retail release.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (59KB, 636x352px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
59KB, 636x352px
I know at this point Toyama's saying his next game will be a new action IP, but I'm hoping he reconsiders and does a new Siren. Hell, tie-in VR comparability if you have to, RE7 did it and was received well.
>>
>>385402903
Oh fuck there is an OVA?
I bought the original like 2 years ago for a sale, and get sidetracked and forgot about it. Played through the first one last week and about 5 chapters into 2 already.
>>
>>385406256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFeXtu-3u78
>>
File: 201531.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
201531.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
It's not about the story or the plot, it's not even about the characters or the music or the graphics.

YOU LIKE CITIES ?
YOU WANNA FLY IN A CITY ?
Then this is the game you must buy.

The city layouts in gravity rush are like the drawings of layered highway systems you used to draw as child. Organically tortuous streets that twine above and under. And you get a cute hobo girlfriend if you're into that.
>>
>>385407730
The charming music and design as I fly though the city with cool gravity powers was strangely more enjoyable than I would have thought.
I usually hate open world games, but I ended up actually having enough fun to go out of my way and collect random gems around the city.
>>
>>385407730
>>385408224
This, if you couldn't fly it would just be a bad game with some charming points.

But using gravity flying at every opportunity just made me have so much fun. Every single boring side mission was time to dick around with gravity. Every single fall would be a chance to smash into the ground unceremoniously, every fetch quest was a lunar just off a sideways building.

I really did enjoy playing it and loved every time kat gets tricked by some inane shit, but the gameplay mechanics just turn it into an unpolished gem.
>>
>>385407730
I really like how carefully detailed the cities are, despite the fact the player mostly sees it from a bird's-eye view.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.