[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Outsold Wii U+Switch combined >ITS A FAILURE!!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: xbox-one2.jpg (32KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one2.jpg
32KB, 940x529px
>Outsold Wii U+Switch combined
>ITS A FAILURE!!!!
I dont understand
>>
>>385382672
It outsold them because it has Blu-Ray/DVD/4k video support. While even though I don't give a shit about Nintendo, it has more games that appeal to children and man children alike, where the Xbox is kind of the casual system.

I hope this helps.
>>
>>385382672
>Outsold Wii U+Switch combined
Switch has only been out for a few months, this won't be true 18 months from now.
>>
It's not about sales, it's about games, it's always been about games
>>
I love my Switch, Wii U, and Xbox One...
>>
It's not a failure. It sold well. It's a failure in absolute death of potential sales at launch. It could have been much more successful, but they fucked themselves in the ass with greed and arrogance
>>
>>385385070
The worst part is that though they talked shit, they never actually DID anything anti-consumer, and the system and platform in general gets better every single month.

Meanwhile, in many ways, the competition lags behind, yet somehow it's more successful due to talk by MS that never happened. it's sad.
>>
>>385382672
>A system out for 4 years sold more than a system out for only 4 months

Who would've thought
>>
>>385385179
It was an expensive lesson, but I think the industry as a whole is better for it, including Microsoft's role. They all saw on a grand scale not to fuck consumers over so blatantly. The damage was already done and the trust was lost
>>
>>385382672
The WiiU and Switch both have good first-party lineups which make Nintendo mad cash despite low sales. Nintendo isn't reliant on third-party sales to push a profitable year, all they have to do is release a few games developed in house and they're in the black, overall.

The Xbox One has a dearth of first-party exclusives, and the PS4 has choked out the lead Xbox had over Playstation in the previous gen. Last gen Japanese developers releasing in North America specifically created NA-exclusive Xbox 360 releases of (what were) Japanese PS3-only titles because the Xbox 360 marketshare was so powerful for so long. That's not happening this gen, and most people who buy just one console per gen have gone PS4.
>>
>>385385316
THat's what I still don't get though.

Microsoft talked shit, which was shit don't get me wrong, but actually did nothing.

Sony Arrogance in the previous gen led to expensive, malfunctioning hardware, vastly inferior mlutiplats for the first 2/3rds of its console's life, various security breaches, and SOOOO much other anti-consumer stuff, have only recently become a little better, and are STILL so far ahead.

Like, the Xbox is doing okay, and that's fine and dandy, but with so many 7th gen problems, hardly of the vita this gen, and things in general, I don't understand how Sony got SOOO far ahead. competition is supposed to be healthy, but with all the strides MS makes, so makes the consumer experience better at a snail's pace, and i think that's unfortunate.
>>
>>385385676
Basically, I wish my PS4 was as pro-consumer and got better over time like my Xbox. Late PS3 life was Sony at its best this past decade... i'd like to see it again.
>>
>>385385179
They absolutely DID do anti-consumer bullshit, it's just that the reaction by consumers was so profound that they had to backtrack if they wanted to make any sales at all. Let's not kid ourselves, here.

Microsoft was going to put DRM on physical copies of games and require a once-a-day check-in while putting limitations on how you could share physical copies of games. That's not okay at all.

The worst part is if Microsoft had left the physical copies alone, not done the stupid check-ins and went forward with their original digital plan, I would have more than happily bought a launch X1, even with the Kinect being mandatory. They just threw the baby out with the bathwater when they realized that dicking over customers that hard wasn't going to work.
>>
>>385385831
Game sharing is such a grey area, but you can still do it by teaming up with a buddy, buying every other game, and make each other's consoles your home xbox.
>>
>>385386024
Yeah, fuck that. I don't fuck around with "grey areas" on digital purchases which can be revoked by the license holder at any time. That's just asking for a lousy day somewhere down the line.

Until Microsoft (or any other platform) promises that even a fucking broad-spectrum account ban won't remove my access to the single-player/offline portions of games, there's no reason to go digital and then risk it.
>>
File: don-mattrick.jpg (20KB, 550x340px) Image search: [Google]
don-mattrick.jpg
20KB, 550x340px
>tfw you single-handedly cost a company billions of dollars with your shitty ideas
>>
>promise the most anti-consumer shit ever
>backtrack on it last minute
>Offer nothing new to the table and at 100 dollars more than the playstation
>microtransaction bullshit in your two main franchises
>ruin fable
>No new Ip's to really speak of, its like they just gave up
>not even Kinect shit, just leave it to die
>put everything on PC except the franchise people want
>release a 500 console upgrade and promise to continue this cycle every year.
>boast about true 4K and the most powerful ever
>launch with no games that beat Uncharted 4 let alone Horizon, and no games on the horizon that can compare graphically with Sonys first party offerings, even though your big push is 500 dollars for most powerful
>Well at least they are 60fps right
>WRONG. Crackdown 3 is 30

Microsoft just is a joke at this point, they put less of a fight than Sega.
>>
Its just a downgraded ps4. Why would anyone buy it?
>>
>>385386958
It's not a downgraded PS4, in many respects, the hardware/system software as a whole offer a better experience than its closest competition. It's in the same ballpark as far as pure specs go. it's not like last gen where we have 2 duck taped GCNs vs a tri-core vertical letter I, vs an overpriced hard to develop for calculator.
>>
File: qqqqq.jpg (64KB, 568x735px) Image search: [Google]
qqqqq.jpg
64KB, 568x735px
u are saying the xbox one is a sucess because it outsold a commercial flop and a console that has only been out for 3 months? when the xbox has been out of a few years now? AUTISIMUS MAXIMUS.
>>
>>385382672
outsold the wii u isn't impressive as it is one of the biggest failure in nintendo history

switch is not even 6 months old

and its more the fact that they went from 360 domination to an e3 of ports and multiplats
>>
>>385387284
>offer a better experience
>a broken collection of old games that were played to death on the last 2 xboxes.
>another collection of Nintendo games
>Gears of war 1 remastered
>Gears 4 which does nothing new

Wow great software lineup.
>>
>>385387565
i said system software, not games.
>>
>>385382840
if someone wanted blutay they would just buy ps4, 4k wasnt a thing till last month
>>
>>385384246
Sony has more exclusives because they'll bankroll any piece of shit so long as they promise exclusivity, most of the exclusives for Sony are dog shit because of this.
>>
>>385382672
>outsold the WiiU
That's not a respectable goal to surpass, the vita outsold the wiiu, the fucking dreamcast outsold the wiiu
>>
>>385382672
>Try and milk the fuck out of the only IP you have going for you since you're too tight-fisted to try investing in anything new, be too money-grubbing and unreasonable to negotiate to have the team for said IP's success stay with you, and finally hand over said IP to a bunch of hacks that have never played the games and have no idea what made the games so popular to begin with
serves them right.
>>
>>385387672
you forget that the new one is getting 4k blu-ray player along with a system that can broadcast to twitch and added bonus of having a game console.

the best 4k blu-rays cost $500...srsly I thought the system would cost like $800 considering it has liquid cooling and that player.
>>
>>385388065
Did you know that both the Xbox One X AND the Xbox One S do 4K UHD and they also broadcast.
>>
>>385388324
well nigga I never owned 1.....but maybe Ill pick one up after 1 paycheck...or i'll wait for the price drop for the X.
>>
>>385388065
Is 4K worth it? This coming from a guy who buys dvds instead of blu rays to save money and I never saw a difference
>>
>>385388636
Her point is that for under 300 bucks, you can do 4K BD and games and more, whereas a UHD 4K BD player costs like 400 something.

And PS4 pro can't do what Xbox One S or X can do in that regard either.
>>
>>385388909
Resolution is a meme depending on size, distance and whatnot, but HDR is definitely not a meme.
>>
File: make kamurocho great again.jpg (46KB, 469x407px) Image search: [Google]
make kamurocho great again.jpg
46KB, 469x407px
>>385382672
By your logic, the Vita isn't a failure for outselling the Wii U
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.