[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the 3ds edition of Metal Gear Solid 3 any good? I saw it in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: metalgear3d.jpg (209KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
metalgear3d.jpg
209KB, 1024x765px
Is the 3ds edition of Metal Gear Solid 3 any good? I saw it in a local shop and was thinking of picking it up.
>>
it's pretty much the same as the psp version
>>
File: 11949321_p0.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
11949321_p0.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
The concept seems cool but its garbage. Just emulate it or play the hd edition.
>>
the framerate is sluggish, 20fps max with frequent drops
a circle pad pro is strongly recommended but not required
crouch walking and photo camo are fun
really depends on the price i'd say
>>
>>385374886
I'll second this and also advise you that you should only get it if it's the only possible way you can play the game.
>>
No, you have to use the gyroscope to keep Snake balances on ropes bridges.

Any other port of the game is superior.
>>
Arguably the worst version to play, except maybe for the original release with the retarded camera. 20fps constantly at best, virtually all the bonus features removed, control scheme is shit without a circle pad pro (the N3DS layout is also awkward with the triggers), crouch walking is nice but breaks the game completely.
>>
Not worth buying. Terrible performance and sound quality. Pirate it for shits and giggles if you must.
>>
It's great but only if you have a hacked N3DS to fix the fps issues, otherwise it's shit.
>>
>>385374957
i don't see why you'd be mad about this unless you like to lay down in a position where you can't balance your 3DS. it's technically more work than before, but it's really, really easy.
>>
Framerate is horrendous and controls are just as bad. 3D looks good but it's not worth it.
>>
Thanks for the advice guys! After looking back on it, the price has dropped down to only 15 dollars so I feel I should at least try it out.
>>
>>385374886
nope, played it and it was great.
>>
>>385375485
Wait, have you played MGS3 before? You really really should not play this bad port as your first time through the game.
>>
>>385374724
>buying this shitty port when luma3ds+b9s is a thing
shiggydiggy
>>
Hell, the VITA version is better than this garbage port.
>>
>>385376315
>"HD edition"
>720x448
Nah, call the 3d version shit all you want, at least it's not false advertising.
>>
>>385375937
of course iv'e played MGS3 before, it would be sinful not to.
>>
>>385374724
>lose an eye
>3d option is gone

nice
>>
>>385374724
Only if you have a hacked N3DS. Specifically to overclock it to fix the framerate. Then it's passable.
>>
>>385376718
Only in first person mode iirc
>>
>>385376767
>fix framerate
>still hard locked to 20fps
>>
>>385374724
Easily the best version of MGS3 gameplay wise, but it runs at like 20 fps. If you can put up with that, go for it.
>>
>>385374724
It's neat if you've played the game before. Terrible for a first playthrough.
>>
>>385374886
Theres a patch on the eshop that helps the frame rate
>>
>>385374724
It's the worst version, but it's definitely a unique take on the game. If you've played both the original release and the Subsistence version with the new camera, and you've done all the little extras like the Ape Escape mini-game, and you STILL want more MGS3, then give it a shot if you can get it for cheap.
>>
>>385377035
Still locked to 20fps.
>>
>>385377282
What is this 20fps meme? i played it and i was fine
>>
>>385376960
Except it obviously is not due to the lack of a second control stick. Oh, yeah, great, crouch walking, but aiming absolutely sucks a phat one even if you have a N3DSXL, even if you have a PSP nub, it just blows. And then there's the argument that crouch walking damages the balance of the game...
>>
>>385377715
It's not a meme, the game is locked to 20fps, playing it on n3ds can't fix it.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.