[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHEN the FUCK did it become okay to make games that are LITERALLY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (230KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
230KB, 1280x720px
WHEN the FUCK did it become okay to make games that are LITERALLY movies? they're not even video games, they have more in common with those terrible Sega CD FMV games
>>
Adventure games always existed like kings quest.
They have game play but a lot of effort put into graphics and cinematics.
Mainly because that's how they market it.
Game play doesn't sell.
>>
>>385364590
Go be a hardcore gamer in your cave and stop communicating with people Steve.
>>
I love MGS, but we should probably blame kojimbo.
>>
>>385364590
bump
>>
>>385364590
The tales games have more cutscenes than actual gameplay
>>
>>385364942
Old adventure games had a lot of problem solving and puzzles. Nu movie games have very little interactivity and almost wholly cinematic
>>
>>385364590
Destiny is literally the opposite. There's like an hour of cutscene in the base game.
>>
File: ORYo363_d.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ORYo363_d.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Since you fags started buying them
>>
Is school starting up soon?
>>
File: 1469939666311.png (218KB, 314x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469939666311.png
218KB, 314x400px
>>385364590
How fucking young are you? It's always been a thing.
>>
Sometimes I want great gameplay and sometimes I want great story. I'm not poor so I am able to do both. Interestingly enough there is literally nothing stopping you from only buying games that appeal to you so I would suggest you go play one instead of crying on a cambodian origami newsgroup that people like things that you don't like.
>>
You mean David Cage games and Telltale games? You should probably post those so that your message is clear and image is related to your discussion.
>>
>>385364590

Goes back to Sega CD. Shit gained plenty of interactivity since then though. Don't be so butthurt, just ignore the obvious "movie game" sticker splattered all over it instead of getting mad and you should be fine. The fad seems to be fading away anyway.
>>
>>385364590
i dont know why but im sick of it too. bumping for justice
>>
File: HRBTS_Ethan.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HRBTS_Ethan.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
>>385367453
What's wrong with David Cage games? He's upfront with what you should expect and he delivers decent movie games.
>>
>>385364590
Since games like ICO started making a shitload of money
>>
>>385367753
This,
I think throughout the interviews he even mentions that his "games" are more of an interactive movie.

Hell he even compares his stuff with movies from time to time.
>>
>>385364590
>WHEN the FUCK did it become okay to make games that are LITERALLY movies?
The day the PS1 came out.
>>
>>385364590
You can thank turds like Deus Ex and Half Life for this.
Devs learned that retards buy every game as long as it has a cinematic story so they stopped trying in the gameplay department.
That being said, have you played any of these games?
They aren't like FMV games at all.
Games had cut-scenes since the NES days.
>>
>>385364590
How is TEW a movie game?
>>
>>385364590
How are evil within, wwe or fallout movie games?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (259KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
259KB, 1200x1600px
>>385364590
>WHEN the FUCK did it become okay to make games that are LITERALLY movies?

you fagets complain even when games have less cinematics in them.
>>
>>385367753
>decent
the whole plot of heavy rain depends on a 10 year old that has the mental capacity of a 3 year old.
>>
>>385372268
>Implying that makes it bad
>>
>>385372437
I just can't suspend my disbelief, a kid that retarded wouldn't have died in that 5mph crash because he would be wearing a helmet, maybe even water wings if the mall had a fountain.
>>
I had to stop playing TLOU because after 3 hours I got maybe 30 minutes of actual gameplay. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>385364590

TLoU is the closest we've ever gotten t a modern sequel to the original Resident Evils.
>>
>>385364590
The only game that fits the bill of "interactive movie" in your pic is The Order.

It's a style and it's trendy at the moment, just like arena FPSes were trendy in the 90's. Give it a few years, and a new trend will take over. Hell, one could argue that cinematic games are no longer the "hip" genre, since open world games exist.
>>
They're better than kiddy games.
>>
>>385371924
You who? I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about a lack of cinematics in vidya here.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.