[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this get so much hate? It wasn't perfect but definitely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: nok69j6m12kgovgokrbh.jpg (82KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
nok69j6m12kgovgokrbh.jpg
82KB, 800x450px
Why did this get so much hate?
It wasn't perfect but definitely was better than Arkham City
>>
I played it on PS4 but the PC launch of this game was a complete and utter disaster. I'd be bitter towards this game if I had to deal with that. Alot of the complaints always stem from the Batmobile inclusion. People felt it was got forced to often and to be fair that Deathstroke boss battle was TERRIBLE.
Personally I didnt mind the Batmobile and driving it around the city was pretty cool. I liked the way it handled and ejecting out of it at crazy speeds was fun as hell.
>>
PC launch was shit
People bitched about the batmobile being crutched on
Arkham Knight reveal was painfully telegraphed
YET MORE FUCKING JOKER DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE WAS KILLED IN CITY
Underwhelming DLC content

I enjoyed it and found the predator bits much more fun than City or Asylum, but there were certainly a lot of issues.
>>
Batmobile combat gets stale fast. "New" villain that wasn't actually new and the whole community had figured out from the jump yet Rocksteady tried to lie to us. PC port was a nightmare on release. Looking at the whole trilogy it didn't do anything particularly outstanding. Asylum had superior atmosphere. City had side quests. Both had better predator encounters, boss fights, stories, and DLC. Knight is an okay game but it's nowhere near as good as its predecessors. It's better than the buggy shitstain that is Origins at least.
>>
>>385360721
No it wasn't the tank combat was terrible and arkham city's ending was the best in the series try harder bro
>>
>>385360721
>Seething PC fats
>Bad boss fights
That's it really
>>
>>385360721
>Why did this get so much hate?
PC problems

I have an I5-4670 and a GTX 1060 6gb and I still can't have constant fps
>>
File: 1404522782500.jpg (61KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1404522782500.jpg
61KB, 380x380px
>>385360721
>ubishit open world philosophy even more than AC
is shit, this series shows perfectly how the more corporate a studio gets more gimmicky shit they create
>>
>>385360721
Too much Batmobile. In terms of how it played I think it was fine but they still overdid it when it came to batmobile segments

It's hard to determine which game gets more hate Arkham Origins or Arkham Knight, but I still think both complete version were still good games.

Multiplayer was a mistake and a waste.
>>
I loved it. I loved the batmobile, too, but many people didn't. The only very big criticism I have is the lack of real boss battles, and I think everyone will agree on that. I mean, the deathstroke tank battle isn't that bad in itself, but having it as a final battle against a villain instead of really fighting him us frustrating...
Apart from that, I'm a huge comics fan, especially of batman, and a huge fan of the previous two Arkham games (origins doesn't exist to me) and I felt Knight was a perfect conclusion. The amount of side quests and the way the game makes you wanna do them felt great, and used a lot of the batman lore in a very well-written way. Also, Gotham city feels just amazing, and I think I've never seen a urban environment so well done in a game before. (GTAV's is more impressive in terms of scale, of course, but the level of detail in Knight is just impressive).
>>
For every one minute you should have been using the batmobile the game made you use it for ten.

Over and over again.

It was bad design, and we lost boss fights over it.
>>
>>385360721
>criminal missions
repetitive bullshit
>firefly missions
just why
>death stroke battle
copy paste of the knight
>who is arkham knight? duuur so hard to crack this code
idiotism
>DLCs up the ass
and most of them are 30 minutes fights.
>>
File: 1490124272270.jpg (597KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490124272270.jpg
597KB, 1920x1080px
>>385360721
pc complaints are no longer valid and a severly outdated meme (like gta 4) the game has been fixed up for way over a year now.

it was shit because batmobile was shoved down your throat at every turn, buyild up to side missions like pyg resulted in a qte, villains like deathstroke are relegated to a shitty tank fight, when you finally get to fight the knoght its literally the deadshot encounter from city rehashed multiple times in a row, and of course "the knight will be a new character and totally not jason todd guys!"

at least the blimps were were neat because they were full of spooky smoke effects.
>>
>>385360721
The bad PC launch and people hating the Batmobile basically killed out right out of the gate. Personally I really enjoy all the Batmobile content, and the fact that they didn't half-ass it but went all in is why I love Rocksteady so much. Whether you love the mechanic or not, you have to admire Rocksteady for totally pushing the bar with each new installment.

The Arkham trilogy is, in my opinion, one of the most solid trilogies in the industry. Very rarely do you get a trilogy of games that are all of very high quality, and continue to totally push the envelope with each new installment. Like I said whether you love the Batmobile in Knight, or love the Metroidvania vibe of Arkham Asylum, you have to respect Rocksteady for refusing to rehash the same shit, even though they would have made just as much cash.
>>
>>385366316
>batmobile
it wasnt even batmobile but a bat tank
>all those bat tank dlcs skins arent available in some situations because they dont have a battle mode
what garbage
>>
File: 1482431356642.jpg (83KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482431356642.jpg
83KB, 900x900px
>>385360721
Just beat this on PS4 since the port is shit. It was alright but fucking annoying as well
>"you can't stop me now batman"
>stop him
>intercom constantly blaring across the city about how batman failed
>joker doesn't ever shut the fuck up and says something every 3 minutes
capeshit was a mistake
>>
you'd think the season pass for this game would make people think twice because it was nothing but garbage, but warner bros just went and took it to a whole new level with the next mordor game and people will fall for it, again.
>>
>>385365819
This reads like an ign video review.
>>
File: 1491861657260.png (448KB, 496x708px) Image search: [Google]
1491861657260.png
448KB, 496x708px
>>385366772
>five combat trials or whatever, all of them over in under half an hour
>a boatload of skins, only a few of which are any good
>BATMOBILE SKINS
>SOME OF WHICH AREN'T EVEN ALWAYS USABLE
>a pretty fun but short expansion where you play as batgirl (and harley is back in her jester outfit, dick status muh)
>4 more side missions, three of which are fantastic and one of which is okay, all of them way too short
>now $20, which was okay, but launched for forty five fucking dollars
what a mess
>>
>>385367619
I liked the Mad Hatter dlc the most in season of infamy desu. His encounters are always really trippy. Matter of family is the last dlc mission I have left. I got the season pass on sale a few weeks ago for 9 bucks. Its crazy that this was 45 dollars at one point.
>>
>>385360721
>definitely was better than Arkham City

Meh not really. The gameplay jump wasn't anything like that between Asylum and City to warrant that sort of praise and of course the actual story was fucking laughable, not to mention the shoehorned Batmobile segments killing parts of the game and build-up.

It's the weakest of the trilogy which still makes it a really good game considering the other two are masterworks in their own ways really. Disappointing as fuck ending to Rocksteady making the games tho. A fucking autist on /v/ came up with a better and more thought out game.
>>
>>385360721
>damn I need to sneak in into this building
>better use the battank inside
>>
>>385360721
It's a shitty movie game. It's just so bland in nearly every way. Nothing about it is special
>>
>>385368463
Matter of Family is good, gives off some serious Arkham Asylum vibes
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.