[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions thread Symphony of the Night is a shit game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

Unpopular opinions thread

Symphony of the Night is a shit game and completely ruined the series
>>
everyone has this opinion
>>
AoS and DoS are some of the most boring games in existence, and are worse than Simond Quest
>>
>>385351608
That's not a "special snowflake opinion". That's you begging for replies via hyperbole. Go talk to your babysitter or something.
>>
Castlevania 64 and LoD are great games
>>
>>385351871
Nope I'm only inbred mongrels do
>>
Well, OP how should the old games have progressed without being samey? Go ahead, I''l wait.
>>
>>385352031
I like AoS and DoS but I can see where you're coming from thanks to the Soul Grinding,
especially in DoS if you want to go Full 100%.
>>
VRC6 chip (Japanese Castlevania III) is overrated and sounds like fart noises.

Please try to tell me this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TecRb1nYrSE

Sounds better than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-RdjNFCYs8
>>
DoD is a terrible series.
>>
Megaman 2 is very much overrated. Megaman 4 is the best classic Megaman.

>>385352620
I don't think these games were made to be 100%ed.
>>
>>385352840
I completed them both in about a week for each.
Pretty easy to 100% actually.
>>
>>385352635
Each version has better and worse songs than the other.
Please try to tell me this:
https://youtu.be/FpIQt5qUHDk

Sounds better than this:
https://youtu.be/QHwhxS-gG50
>>
>It's a "people can't diffferentiate what they like from what is good" episode
>>
>>385351608
>is a shit game
disagree
>completely ruined the series
agree
>>
>>385352474
By being creative, but not churned out every few years.

My best guess. I disagree with OP. I still hope there would be more classicvania.

>>385352960
Yes, easy, but grindy. You were supposed to randomly get new weapons and be happy with that, not go out of your way to get everything there is.
>>
File: FUCKING BEARSSS.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING BEARSSS.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
I like most fighting games lore/story and i think that the only people that hate stuff like that are SFfags because SF has shit lore.
>>
I don't think Dark Souls is "kino".
>>
>>385351608
Die monster! You opinion doesn't belong on this forum!
It's only flaw was handing out too many strong weapons too early.
>>
I don't like any of the Devil May Cry games.
>>
I honestly believe MGS3 is good yet extremely overrated, MGS4 is fucking garbage, and MGS2 was the best ps2 game.
>>
>>385353683
Well, "kino" is essentially a meaningless buzzword, so that is not even the same thing as an opinion really.
>>
7th generation > 6th generation
>>
3D gaming, especially platformers is inherently trash.
>>
IGA killed Castlevania.
>>
>>385351608
You mean contrarian thread.
>>
So, Castlevania thread?
>>
hbomberguy makes the best game related videos and anyone that disagrees is a butthurt anti-sjw
>>
Super Metroids movement, shooting and sound design are horrible, and the game wouldn't near nearly as well liked if it wasn't for all the speedrun/sequence breaking tricks and it being the last metroid game for almost a decade it wouldn't be half as talked up as it is.
>>
>>385355445
Na, he rambles too much, and does not always have a clear point he is arguing for, contributing to his inflated video length.
MechaGameZilla makes the best vidya content on youtube, guy just isn't active enough.
>>
>>385355852
How is the shooting bad?
The movement is floaty, but to a point. It being floaty is what allows you to do all kinds of cool stuff.
I don't get your gribes with the sound design either, but then again I am not a sound guy.

Super Metroid is remembered for still having one of the best designed worlds in these types of games, and that is despite the flood of them in the modern indie scene, and the fact that it accommodates sequence breaks in its level design is just one reason for that.
>>
File: 1496793838733.jpg (42KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1496793838733.jpg
42KB, 600x404px
>>385352635
>>385353069
Why not have both?
https://youtu.be/UwIQ3nBZ4Dw
>>
>>385356505
>How is the shooting bad?
aiming in any direction besides straightforward is needlessly clunky and it doesn't feel satisfying to hit anything

>The movement is floaty, but to a point. It being floaty is what allows you to do all kinds of cool stuff.
there's no real reason for wall jumps to be as specific as they are, or for the running to be as awkward as it is. the super floaty jumps make all the platforming pretty boring too because it's both easy and slow.

super metroid is a game about wandering around the same areas over and over and shooting the respawning enemies till you find the next secret door or bombable wall you can not access through using your new item, so if both shooting and traversal just feel kinda bad compared to basically every single game released within its generation (even metroid 1 felt better) then its a bad scene. The sound design is kinda quiet and sounds off, focused more on being "atmoshperic" than giving a satisfying punch to the moving/shooting but that's more subjective.

>and the fact that it accommodates sequence breaks in its level design is just one reason for that.
What do you mean? It's the modern ripoffs/homages that are built with sequence breaking in mind because that was the thing everyone loved about super metroid, in the OG game it was just because games were made in about 8 months and not fully thought out back in the early 90's
>>
>>385354431
tell me my man, do you fucks with megaman x series?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.