[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my friend gifted me Call of Pripyat and I have never played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4491.jpg (56KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4491.jpg
56KB, 460x215px
So my friend gifted me Call of Pripyat and I have never played a STALKER game before anyone have any tips
>>
Play Shadow of Chernobyl first
>>
its not a hard game just play it
>>
>>385349605
No crosshairs
Master difficulty
Don't shoot at body armor
Be prepared to pound your head into the wall at your first instance of real combat
Soak in the atmosphere
>>
>>385349809
>>385349909
Different anon here, but what is the overall premise of the game?
>>
Iron sight mods. Now.
>>
Money is hard to come by

Side with Duty for the first run as they are the easiest to get to grips with

The pistol IS useful don't get rid of it, if you can help it.

Download the iron sights mod
>>
>>385349970
You are in the Ukraine
It's dangerous
You are a russian soldier with a mission
Complete said mission
>>
File: artyom.jpg (38KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
artyom.jpg
38KB, 600x480px
>>385349957
>Master Difficulty
It's about time this horrible meme died.
>>
>>385349970
Everything is trying to kill you, even the plants. Chernobyl area is full of eldritch anomalies.

Watch out around cellars and tunnels.

Also, if your vision starts to blur or change colour you are probably taking damage. Listen to your geiger counter too.

You won't understand much of a plot if you haven't played previous two games.
My advise is: play first two, don't skip the second game (do not listen to fucking idiots telling you to skip it, it has a fucktonne of important plot).
>>
>>385353253
Explain
>>
>>385353905
What it does is it makes the enemies bullet sponges and you made of paper. They have absolute aim, you don't.

It makes a game a fucking chore.
>>
File: blowout soon.jpg (33KB, 814x294px) Image search: [Google]
blowout soon.jpg
33KB, 814x294px
>>385349605
>>
>>385349809
This

>>385353592
>Second game
>it has a fucktonne of important plot

it literally has no important plot. Clear Sky was a standalone prequel. I play SOC followed by COP and understood everything perfectly fine. Clear Sky is also the worst game, actively a chore to get through, and fuck the last mission.

>>385349605
Artifact farming = Happy life. First priority in the game should be to learn the artifact spots in Zaton, they'll keep you in the money for the entire game.

always carry a shotgun of some description, fucking bloodsuckers.

Nimble's Guns are almost always worth it. the Armour isn't.
>>
>>385354204
Yeah, I don't know where people got the idea that it makes both you and enemies take more damage, there's literally no proof whatsoever.
>>
You are Strelok.
>>
>>385354836
Not in CoP
>>
lol this game is such a fucking call of duty Zombies rip off. fuckin chill
>>
>>385354204
this
>>
File: Degtyarov.png (178KB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
Degtyarov.png
178KB, 300x390px
>>385354836
nice try
>>
>>385354690
>it literally has no important plot. Clear Sky was a standalone prequel. I play SOC followed by COP and understood everything perfectly fine. Clear Sky is also the worst game, actively a chore to get through, and fuck the last mission.
Fuck no man, I skipped Clear Sky just like some idiot told me and when I gave it a bash years after I beat SoC and CoP multiple times I found it's actually pretty good game (though I admit first hour or so can be a real fucking chore, horrible starting guns are not helping much). During my CS playthrough I was surprised by amount of plot that I missed, suddenly everything started to make sense and filled all the asspulled plot shit between SoC and CoP like that Nimble was a Clear Sky member and a last surviving one at that, also gave us an insight in the events leading to SoC, how did a legendary stalker actually ended up brainwashed by the C-Consciousness.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>385349809
This. It's very important, and the better game to boot.

Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
>>385355695
dude, the entire game is a chore, they took the back-and-forth in the trash to the next level over SoC and they removed most of the easy Endurance artifacts, made it slow as shit for way more than the first hour. By the third hour of SoC I had a sprakler and a flash and and I hauled ass for the rest of the game.

as for the plot points, neither Nimble, nor how Strelok got brainwashed are super important. I guess it adds some lore to the universe, but there's no reason to play Clear Sky before COP
>>
>>385356332
>Misery Mod

shame they fucked it so hard
>>
>>385357141
no they don't.
people just suck at them.
>>
File: Roadside-picnic-macmillan-cover.jpg (33KB, 361x528px) Image search: [Google]
Roadside-picnic-macmillan-cover.jpg
33KB, 361x528px
>>385349970
if you've got a few minutes(428)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK7FjYBGl_I
>>
>>385357298
dude, Misery 2.0 is objectively terrible
>>
>>385349809
you are an idiot

>>385349605
you are an idiot because of asking stupid questions - play the game
>>
>>385349605

Bloodsuckers give you a secret artifact if you're non hostile when they notice you. Stand still with your flashlight off and they'll eventually start a dialogue with you.
>>
>>385357450
Who said anything about 2.0?
2.11 is where it's at.

>>385357529
How's he an idiot for stating the most basic, smart advise right off the bat? STALKER games are best played in release order. CoP is the 3rd and LAST game in trilogy, and treats the player like he'd be a literal Zone veteran.
>>
>>385358007

I'm waiting for 2.2. they need to cut down on item bloat hardcore.
>>
>>385358007
there's nothing of value in first one's story for newfag to enjoy CoP and he's asking him to raise the entry ceiling even higher by buying and playing the first one first.

He can have just as good STALKER experience by starting off with third one (and if he gets interested with the backstory of the series or about that Strelok guy, then he is free to buy a first one).
>>
>>385358813
>there's nothing of value in first one's story for newfag to enjoy CoP
On the contrary. On top of that, SoC is way better introduction to the series, with at least some attempt being put into teaching the rookies the very basics. The experience is tad more guided too, which gives a real feeling of progress, while you are free to tackle things at your own pace and style.

in my opinion, and what I have seen during these numerous years of lurking and posting on STALKER threads, CoP can be both very underwhelming AND overwhelming. It's a bit too easy and calm for its own good, yet quite vague and open - to the point that I've seen beginners have hard time deciding or knowing what to even do.

and finally, it'd be idiotic to play the gameplay-wise "superior" sequels first.
>>
>>385357450
uhm misery is objectively the greatest mod ever created sweetie, it's right up there with brutal doom and gmdx.....................
>>
>>385360346
I'm not disagreeing, but Misery 2.0 wasn't. they fucked up a lot of what made misery 1.x great.
>>
>>385360494
then stop playing 2.0 and get on 2.11 already. Jeez.
>>
>>385354204
>>385353253
Confirmed for either never playing the game or being an absolute scrub who can only bodyshot niggas. Master is the only way to play, sorry you suck eggs at video games homeboy.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.