[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who the fuck thought garrisons would be a good idea. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: warlords-of-draenor-logo-banner.jpg (108KB, 760x270px) Image search: [Google]
warlords-of-draenor-logo-banner.jpg
108KB, 760x270px
Who the fuck thought garrisons would be a good idea.
It's an MMO, you're only supposed to be staying in your house in real life, not in a vidya.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_011715_135322.jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_011715_135322.jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
>>385344327
Redpill me /v/, thinking about buying the next expansion when it launches. Didn't play Legion except the PTR for a few days. Why do I keep wanting to fall for the mmorpg meme?
>>
>>385345739
Wow is in the best shape its been in for years.
>>
>>385345739
It's 13 years old anon, if you haven't stuck to the game now, or have friends who can get you into a fun guild, then move on cause the game has moved on from you.
>>
File: rodd boward.jpg (94KB, 698x1047px) Image search: [Google]
rodd boward.jpg
94KB, 698x1047px
>>385345873
>>
>>385344327

Cause normies wanted player housing, guildhouses etc with trophies and craftable, customizable decorations to socalize and RP in. Not a shitty fucking farmville game where you log in once a day to post work orders.
>>
I agree. The idea to apply base building to Warcraft was an odd and out-of-place direction
>>
>>385344327
I thought is was an amazing idea on paper. But not in execution.
>>
File: 1500833616755.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500833616755.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
When does this game get fun

Got to level 43 and just couldn't bother to go forward
Started doing dungeons but never learnt anything and wasn't any good because everyone runs ahead while I'm reading the text.

How do you have fun in this?
>>
People had been clamoring for player housing for years.
>>
>>385347060
You play FFXIV instead for a single player experience.
>>
File: 1500092932866.jpg (39KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1500092932866.jpg
39KB, 600x580px
>>385347060
>playing WoW in 2017
>>
>>385347060
By taking it slow and realizing that you're 13 years late and most people just want to get the levelling part over with as soon as possible.

Take your time.
>>
>>385347060
Reach max level and raid

Endgame is what keeps MMOs alive, see GW2 and SWTOR as to why leveling should be shit so the raids can be good
>>
>>385347060
never
just turn back while you can there is nothing at the end
>>
>>385347305
>>385347060
>>385347247

>people fell for this shitty ONLY ENDGAME MATTERS meme
>because of this they are making leveling more and more of a trite boring grind
>which makes it even less fun

Vanilla and BC had the best levelling experience.
>>
>>385347060
you were supposed to start playing the game in 2005-2006
>>
File: 1448311772302.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1448311772302.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
The fuck are you still doing anything garrison related for?
>>
We've wanted player housing for years, but they didn't understand us.
>>
>>385347514
Yeah it sure was fun having to pull one mob at a time, or not having dual talent spec so you had to spend ten minutes killing something as a tank
>>
>>385347809
>Leveling as prot
That's literally your fault.
>>
>>385344327
There is a whole new expansion out you fucking autist, why are you still doing WoD content?
>>
>>385347809
People of your opinion destroyed great game. Be proud of yourself. When immersion got replaced with convenience it all went to drain.

Not every spec needs to be viable for everything and not every spec even has to be viable for a game to be fun, quite the opposite. If you want to achieve balance at all costs you just end up with homogenized classes that are effective but the entire content ends up being a boring chore for most people.

LFD and crossrealm zones increased convenience and destroyed the community at the same time. LFR was just a tip of the iceberg. Pic related, the best WoW content wasn't convenient but it was fun to experience and it took some time to work with you as a player, not treat you like a spoiled child.
>>
>>385348406
>Talks about how immersion was killed
>In a game where originally a guy with a sword and shield did 1/10th the damage of a guy with a bigger sword or two swords
>>
Except that Garrisons were a fucking GREAT idea, just not as they were implemented.

If they were guild garrisons, and they were super customizable, it would have been great. Instead of each player building their own garrison, they would just build their own house in a guild garrison, and they could carry that house from guild to guild if they decided to switch.
>>
File: stats explained.png (3MB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
stats explained.png
3MB, 1024x1536px
>>385348707
Immersion doesn't have to be about realism. Game can be immersive for the way it pulls me in and it still can break your immersion. To me RPG that forces you to walk its plains and talk and work with the players living in the world feels immersive not only in artistic merit, but also from gameplay perspective that is fitting to the genre. Later WoW iterations ignore this point entirely for the sake of convenience and thus the world is not in my opinion immersive.
>>
>>385347809

>takes effort to do things
>up to you to unfuck yourself and not suck, no handholding
>required to be social and group to succeed
>knowledge of quests, items, zones and generally the game is vastly rewarded
>playing the game and enjoying cool new zones, hidden stuff, socializing, drawing up more efficent leveling routes, world pvping, crafting making friends

vs

>boring slop where you can faceroll everything and never die
>can never fail anything
>no need to be social, you can solo everything!
>in case you want to pretend youre playing an MMO a single click teleports you into an instance with 4 total strangers who will not speak and you will never see again
>now you are 5man aoeing everything down
>everything is a mad rush to 85/90/100/110 where "The real fun begins!'
>you are going to do the same at max level instead optionally with about 20+ retards aoeing

Gee, I wonder which game might be more fun and rewarding to play
>>
>>385344327
every gameplay aspect of wod was clearly some fuckstick who doesn't play video games making demands based on numbers he saw somewhere.
>mobile games are big make it like a mobile game
>we need yearly releases that are more expensive
>put more mounts in the cash shop
>i don't care how much you have to cut you're going to meet those deadlines
>>
>>385345739
maybe you have fun when you play?
>>
>>385350747

>Blizzard in 2010, before the activision merger
>most popular western MMO by an order of magnitude, 11 million paying customers
>immense fucking goodwill, excellent line of well recieved releases, Blizzard is a seal of quality
>swimming in liquid cash
>tons of talented employees
>three dynamite IPs they could take in any direction, they could cash in with a highly anticipated sequel any day of the week and fans are always willing to wait till "When its ready" no rush developing them
>even movie deals, spinoffs or franchising isnt out of the question

>"okay, we have 11 million subs but what if we had MORE! Lets cater to the most brainless casuals possible!" - absolute fucking idiot manager

I cant imagine how bBlizzard could possibly fuck it up this bad in 7 years. They had an absolutely golden position, free to go in any direction, sequels,spinoffs new IPs, expanding on consoles, fucking ANYTHING! They could have developed an absolute stranglehold on PC gaming with a string of great releases.

Then they fell for the most retarded, greedy managerthink possible and instead of expanding and diversifying assets while retaning their core fanbase they went out of the way to insult them while expecting infinite growth.
>>
>>385345873
It really isn't. But your delusion is entertaining.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.