[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2007 >Wii >Entire console based around motion controls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1477016668612[1].jpg (15KB, 400x400px)
1477016668612[1].jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>2007
>Wii
>Entire console based around motion controls
>think this is super cool and the start of a revolution
>Wii is mostly wagglan, but future consoles will build upon this and make more refined motion controls
>imagine a world where motion controls as standard allow for totally new ways to control first person, action, sim games, fightin games, third person etc
>The dream of full immersion could be made instead of buttons as abstractions
>2017
>everyone's back to controllers

What happened?
>>
>>385339582
Objectively the best FPS controller ever. Can't believe it's 2017 and dual joy is still a thing.
>>
>>385339582
>What happened?
wiimotes were inaccurate for too long, leaving many to believe that motion controls in general wouldn't work in the industry. Now that we actually have good affordable motion technology, nobody wants to give it a chance because "muh wagglan". It's slowly coming back into the industry, but the stigma against it is still very strong.
>>
>>385340126
Ironically nowdays every controller on market uses gyro.

But if anything Switch joycons are pretty much what wiimotes are supposed to be.
>>
>>385339582
VR happened, and still trying to improve
>>
>>385339582
>What happened?
oh. im sorry i didnt realize you like making your arms sore after only an hour of gameplay.

i mean seriously dude, think about what types of games people are playing, do they really want to swing a wiimote around or do they want to just push around some analog sticks?
>>
>>385340351
every controller except Xbone has gyro, but very rarely are they used. Nintendo are basically the only publishers using it.
>>
>>385340475
not OP but analog sticks are aids for aiming, gyros are significantly better now.
>>
File: 1500334577723.jpg (173KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500334577723.jpg
173KB, 1080x1080px
>>385339582
>think this is super cool and the start of a revolution

You are like these lelftists who are insane in the brain and justify their retardedness in the past with "Oh well, we all were young and did shit back then haha :D )

We told you back then that it's shit and controller are always the better input because you have more direct control over what happens. Wii was shit then and is still shit now. It has some good game, but the console is still shit. The best way to play most of the games (except Wii Sports and casual stuff because thats the ONLY way motion controls are good for) is through emulation and to tie the wagglan to specific buttons. Just shows how flawd this shit is and was.
>>
>>385339582
It was gay shit and even with the vast improvements in motion control and gyro technology in the past 10 years it would still be gay shit.
>>
>>385340879
>and controller are always the better input because you have more direct control over what happens
actually, compared to modern gyro technology and analog stick gives you significantly less movement range and precision.
>>
>>385339582
Two things;

1) The tech just isn't there yet.
2) Most devs are utterly fucking clueless and wouldn't know how to implement motion control in an interesting or meaningful way.
>>
I hate waggles, it's why I never got a Wii. I've though about emulating, but I'm not sure if you can play non waggles or not. There are a lot of interesting games. Same for DS, I just hate handhelds.
>>
The Wii remote used wayyyy too much battery.

If an xbox 360 controller will last for x hours then a Wii remote will last for x/10 hours.

Wii Remotes break a lot too and their connection to the nunchuck causes games that require nunchucks to become unplayable because the nunchucks keep disconnecting too.
>>
>>385341514
the tech is here already, gyros in the DS4, Wii U gamepad, and Switch are all easily capable of besting sticks, especially for FPS games.
>>385341730
>>385341793
this thread isn't about the fucking wii, it's about motion controls as a replacement for stick aiming. Everyone knows the wii had too much shovelware and waggle-tier crap, but the technology has improved massively back then to the point where it could easily replace sticks, but developers are hesitant to do it due to the fact consumers refuse to try it.
>>
>>385342030
>but the technology has improved massively back then to the point where it could easily replace sticks
oh fuck off
>>
>>385342113
I'm dead serious, and I don't give a shit if you'll dismiss motion controls because >muh wagglan. Analog sticks are fucking dogshite for aiming and need to be replaced.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.