[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I absolutely had to pick a game and call it the best of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: telecharger-okami-pc.jpg (240KB, 1533x876px) Image search: [Google]
telecharger-okami-pc.jpg
240KB, 1533x876px
If I absolutely had to pick a game and call it the best of all time I'd have to go for this one.

It may not be the most entertaining game ever made and some people might argue that's the most relevant thing on this subject, but I ask you this:

What game will have fed your soul the most by the time you find yourself facing the end of your life? Generic soldier/zombie shooter 4000 or this one?

If you consider games a work of art instead of merely fun you will understand me.
>>
Nice blog post.

But nah; considering this is (still) my GOTYAY title, I do get ya.

Okami is easily the best real "Zelda clone", and thus quite close to my heart. I even had an old Sony-kid, whose one of the favorite games was indeed Okami, play Ocarina for the very first time back in 2010, on real deal N64 to boot, and not surprisingly she fell in love with it, having to first admit that Okami is indeed a fine clone.
>>
Okami's dungeons are fucking atrocious and the dialogue is long-winded as fuck. The amount of praise that game receives is ridiculous.
>>
File: Monster Girl Quest.jpg (251KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Girl Quest.jpg
251KB, 560x420px
>>385335920
If I absolutely had to pick a game and call it the best of all time I'd have to go for this one.

It may not be the most entertaining game ever made and some people might argue that's the most relevant thing on this subject, but I ask you this:

What game will have fed your soul the most by the time you find yourself facing the end of your life? Generic soldier/zombie shooter 4000 or this one?

If you consider games a work of art instead of merely fun you will understand me.
>>
>>385336954
that's just your own subjective opinion, focusing on totally different things than what the game's fans appreciate the most:

the gorgeous visuals and lanscapes, the chill atmosphere, the beauty of the idea of most of the game being about revitalizing the nature rather than killing evul stuff, the fact that you're playing a summarized and stylized version of Japanese folklore(s) ...

Yeah, gameplay-wise it's quite simple and easy game.
>>
File: Garbage Fire.jpg (769KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Garbage Fire.jpg
769KB, 1280x720px

>>
>>385335920
I bought a ps3 only for this game.
Shame it was so very easy.

https://youtu.be/iGDE57a1tzA
>>
>>385336954
Ocarina has very slow long dialogue

dungeons go from piss easy to obnoxiously tedious, not difficult, but tedious

the graphic aged like milk while okami still remains fresh and unique due to the stylized version

the amount of praise is receives is ridiculous
>>
>>385335920
>redditspacing
>>
>>385337531
from all the shit I've heard of that discussion board, their people seem to at least know how to type.
>>
File: Banner Saga 3.jpg (120KB, 540x900px) Image search: [Google]
Banner Saga 3.jpg
120KB, 540x900px

>>
>>385337504
So because OoT is a mediocre game that means Okami isn't?
>>
>>385336387
Except Oot is absurdly overrated
>>
>>385338104
...yes, and?
And how so?
And so what? "Overrated" is just a buzzword version of saying " *I* did not like it THAT much!".
>>
File: seven point five out of ten.jpg (46KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
seven point five out of ten.jpg
46KB, 356x500px

>>
>>385338286
Nah it just means it's overrated so people should stop sucking its dick like it's the best thing ever plus it aged like fucking milk and runs like shit
>>
>>385338001
yeah
>>
>>385338749
No, that just makes Okami mediocre as well.
>>
>>385338660
>WAAH! STOP LIEKING WHAT I DONT!
t: (You).

I still play the game almost annually, and it still great fun. Best cure for graphix-whoring is .50cal painkillers administered straight to the skull.
>>
>>385339216
No i mean people should just stop sucking its dick like crazy, you seem to play the game out of pure nostalgia (a hell of a drug) but i didn't say people couldn't like it I just said it's overrated
>>
>>385335920
Deus ex
>>
>>385339905
nah, I've seen brand new players experience it for the first time in 2010s and enjoy it tremendously. Even go as far as admit it being one of the greatest games ever made.

You're just buttmad that a 20 year old Nintendo game gets more recognition than the typical Xbox-era titles with "better GRAPHIXX!".
>>
>>385340183
It's overrated as fuck, and i know brand players that said the exact contrary, ugly clunky and boring to play , they didn't understand why it was so praised. No my friend the only one here who's mad is you, because other people don't like your precious zeldick game. Time moved on since 1997
>>
>>385340956
No amount of raging on an anonymous weeb board will change the fact that OoT is loved and praised by millions of people, still hold a steady spot at the top of many "best games of all time" listings, and that me and my buds love it and think it deserves its great ratings.

Only BotW has so far truly managed to challenge its magnificence.
>>
>>385341331
>Only BotW has so far truly managed to challenge its magnificence.
Wow you really live in a fantastic nintendo world where everything is beautiful and only nintendo exists, fucking hell you h-guys are the worst kind you are unable to see the flaws in your because they "can't" have one they're nintendo games dammit. But yeah i love your logic people loved it, so it must be true for everyone and everyone who disagrees is just a hater. I'll tell you one last time, it's overrated as hell and the game aged badly you can't accept that this game has fault, fine i'll leave you in your nintendo safe space where everything is beautiful because it's zelda and nintendo. BTW BOTW is an empty overworld with nothing to do on it but who cares right ? I'm just a hater
>>
File: XPH.png (357KB, 810x608px) Image search: [Google]
XPH.png
357KB, 810x608px

>>
>>385341938
Nice prejudices, kiddo.
I've played mostly on PC for the past 12+ years, but been a multi-way idort since 1999. I've found some truly great games every single year, multiple ones this very year alone. BotW just stands out as THAT exceptionally great experience, and OoT still works as a fine golden standard to compare other games.

>BotW
>empty
at least try to come up with new may mays, m8. -11 / 10
>>
>>385337531
nice ad hominem that doesn't get anything done.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.