[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let's have a stalker thread, just started my 3rd try at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: nTBzDUp.png (72KB, 1098x735px) Image search: [Google]
nTBzDUp.png
72KB, 1098x735px
let's have a stalker thread, just started my 3rd try at playing it and i actually am having fun this time around and not quiting after a few hours of playtime.
the first time i tried it i got immensely bored with the gunplay and empty map, i don't know what it is now that kept me going on.
>>
in
>>
>>385330470
ok?
are the games getting better or is SoC considered the best?
i feel like there is room for improvement.
>>
>>385330356
Are you even talking to any other stalkers

can you even read?

or are you waiting for a huge floating marker to tell you where to go and to hold your hand instead of figuring it out for yourself?
>>
>>385330784
I've heard 1 is great, 2 is kinda bad, and 3 (call of Pripyat) is by far the most impressive
>>
>>385331234
yes i am reading all that shit.
not really into the story part of the game tho.
>>
>>385331234
How did you come to this reply from what OP posted? Are you retarded?
>>
>>385331234
>Are you even talking to any other stalkers
>any news fellow stalker?
>repeats the same line every other stalker has
only the main characters have interesting things to say
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>385330784
>>385330356
SoC is the best game in trilogy, and it's already an almost decade old wisdom that the game does get better as you play further. The "hobo phase", as the fans have dubbed it, seems to throw surprisingly many modern gamers off guard, and they don't also seem to know to expect the game to expand and improve towards the end. Which used to be quite common knowledge and expectation for all games still a decade ago... much less these days it seems.

The old instruction that always seems to work is to take your time, and play at least up until the "100rad Bar", which will work as the main hub of sorts for most of the game. It's there where the game truly opens up, you start to get good gear, and get access to the most impressive missions.

Anyway, in case there are other potential rookies lurking ITT, thinking of starting this magnificent series, Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
>>385331507
>I've heard 1 is great, 2 is kinda bad, and 3 (call of Pripyat) is by far the most impressive
Nah. 10 year and thousands of hours into these games, I still find SoC the absolute best when it comes to atmosphere, design, pacing, challenge and story.

CoP is alright stability and gameplay-wise, but it's underwhelmingly easy and calm. A bit too much for its own good.
>>
>>385332016
>SoC is the best game in trilogy
CoP is the best game in trilogy.
>>
Can I play stealthy?
>>
>>385332016
why avoid the complete mods?
i don't have them installed but the 2009 one seems like it doesn't change the game but fixes minor issues and bugs?

>>385332304
also this.
i feel like stealth isn't really an option, maybe because i'm at the beginning but, knifing guys and sneaking don't seem to works o great or do i need to understand the ai?
>>
>>385332541
NPCs see you through objects and bushes and in total darkness, complete is bad because tryhard neckbirds thinks it's too ez.
>>
>>385332113
Fair enough. Just what I've heard. I've only played soc. I trust your opinion more
>>
>>385332304
>>385332541
It's iffy. You gotta low crouch the whole time, and even changing weapons creates enough sound for you to be detected
>>
File: why Complete sucks ass.jpg (153KB, 1645x383px) Image search: [Google]
why Complete sucks ass.jpg
153KB, 1645x383px
>>385332278
I disagree, but I still do quite like CoP.

>>385332541
>why avoid the complete mods?
Because contrary to the still lingering believes, Complete mods ARE in fact, HUGE overhaul mods, that alter EVERY SINGLE THING. With the result being ultimately more casual-tier easy experience, and even some brand NEW bugs and problems. The mods the Complete mods incorporate are also often totally obsolete at this point.

Pic very related, and only tip of the iceberg.
CS' Complete mod literally makes you unable to finish the game!
>>
File: 1501175110118.png (63KB, 1098x735px) Image search: [Google]
1501175110118.png
63KB, 1098x735px
>>385330356
FTFY
>>
some bandits killed that Bes dude next to the garbage dump while i was away.
do npcs respawn or are they gone for good?
>>
>>385334391
Gone with the Zone
>>
what's the best weapon mod?

>>385334972
well, i hope he wasn't too important.
>>
>>385335054
Don't worry he's not. But it's the part of the experience.
>>
File: a68[1].png (301KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
a68[1].png
301KB, 520x678px
>YFW emission begins and you have nowhere to hide
>>
You now remember lab x18.
>>
what the fuck are those big brained things that point their arm at me and give me a blackout and pull me in?
don't even have the time to pull my rifle out and shoot it.
>>
File: s9t7JRI.gif (69KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
s9t7JRI.gif
69KB, 500x533px
>install soc
>new to the series
>play a few hours, guns suck but i know i'll get better gear further on
>doing early game shit, no problems, never die
>go to the first laboratory because nobody does shit for you if you don't risk your life for them
>pretty spoopy but it's ok
>enter dark room
>no enemies in sight
>suddenly blood chilling roar
>ohshitwhatthefuckwasthat
>start panicking looking around to find the source of the sound
>dead in two hits
>close game
>don't play it for weeks

fucking bloodsuckers man, almost had an heart attack from that shit
who the fuck thought it was a good idea
>>
>>385335418
What was that lab that was a freak show all the way in and full gun combat on the way out? love that shit.
>>
>>385335054
>>385334391
anyone can die in STALKER, and it won't stop you from finishing the game.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.