[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>created in a dictatorial manner by an artistic "auteur"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 31

File: Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg (111KB, 256x353px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg
111KB, 256x353px
>created in a dictatorial manner by an artistic "auteur" who was heavily invested in the project
>a lot of strange/novel/unique ideas with flawed execution
>attempts to flesh out a previously stone-cold armored space badass character and make them more sympathetic, but makes them less formidable in the process

So how come Metroid: Other M doesn't have an edgy contrarian fanbase on /v/, considering it's the gaming equivalent of the Star Wars prequels which are worshipped on /tv/? There's even a new target to bash in the form of Samus Returns, which is a fan-pandering rehash of an older work meant to "fix what's wrong" just like TFA which prequelfags hate.
>>
>>385323770
>considering it's the gaming equivalent of the Star Wars prequels which are worshipped on /tv/?
what
>>
>>385323854
Yes, spend a day there and you'll find a million prequel-memeing, TFA-bashing threads.
>>
Well I liked the game enough I just dont see the point in defending it
Its a pretty bad game
>>
>>385324021
Yet prequelfags spend every waking hour defending some of the most infamously polarizing and disappointing movies in history while bashing their widely loved successor, the highest-grossing movie of all time in North America
>>
I thought it was okay but it was my 2nd metroid game and 1st time playing a 3d one. Still haven't played any prime games but I did get around to beating all the 2d ones.
>>
>>385324263
Seems like you just want to discuss star wars for some reason
>>
File: Dobson on Metroid.jpg (99KB, 750x599px) Image search: [Google]
Dobson on Metroid.jpg
99KB, 750x599px
>>385323770
>So how come Metroid: Other M doesn't have an edgy contrarian fanbase on /v/
What makes you think it doesn't?
>>
Because other m is bad enough that there aren't many people willing to defend it
>>
>>385324263
Well Samus is basically femme Boba Fett and was handled in a way similar to Anakin in Other M, but I'm trying to find out why there aren't that many edgy Other M fags if they have a direct analogue in the Star Wars fanbase

>>385324407
Nobody takes Dobby seriously though
>>
File: Dobson on Prime.png (299KB, 786x868px) Image search: [Google]
Dobson on Prime.png
299KB, 786x868px
>>385324479
Nobody takes /v/ seriously either.
>>
>>385324605
>>385324605
I guess the big difference is
>Dobson (Other M fag) is an infamous, singular lolcow who nobody agrees with
>Prequelfags on /v/ are unknown anons on a disreputable board, whereas higher-profile reviewers such as RLM bash the prequels
>>
People are far too busy autistically screeching any time MoM is brought up for that to happen.
>>
>>385323770
I think it's because it doesn't really appeal to what people were looking for in a Metroid game. The next step, after Prime 3, was to look at what Prime added to the formula and build on it. It didn't do that, really. It seemed to pretend the Prime trilogy didn't exist at all and a lot of Retro's tricks for getting it to work in a 3D environment never got used, so it was objectively weaker for it. Meanwhile the overall mechanics, world design and numerous aspects of art direction and presentation were miles behind where the franchise was with its last four main entries. It lacked the sense of three dimensions that made Prime such an excellent successor to Super Metroid, and it lacked the complexity of Super Metroid's maze, and the drive for a singular narrative robbed the game of one of its most essential mechanics.
>>
>>385323770
Every now and then you'll see people defend this game but it only takes one or two posts to deconstruct their arguments an for the most part they're only baiting. It's OK if people actually like the game, but it's very difficult to make a case for it when it's myriad of flaws are so well documented and studied by the autistic fanbase.

>There's even a new target to bash in the form of Samus Returns, which is a fan-pandering rehash of an older work meant to "fix what's wrong" just like TFA which prequelfags hate.
Because it's not the first time it happens in the franchise. ZM is exactly that and it turned out to be a really good game. Could be the same this time around.
>>
>>385325031
So you seem to be saying that it's because people are using the other Metroid games as a comparison baseline.

Whereas for prequelfags, the SW prequels *are* the baseline because the original trilogy is too old?
>>
>>385324748
All I can say is lurk long enough in Metroid threads and you'll see it. Of course it's impossible to know how much of that is just ironic shitposting.
>>
>>385325270
Don't kid yourself, all the Nintenbros on /v/ are N64 kids at best and only give a shit about Prime either.
>>
>>385325673
>that word filter
Fuck you Hiroyuki I hope you die from rectal cancer
>>
>>385325270
It's possible. I'm not sure though. I was born in the mid 80s and the originals are still my baseline standard for judging the prequels.
>>
>>385323770
because the prequels get hated on for things that aren't real flaws

Other M is hated for it's flaws, nothing more, nothing less
>>
File: what.jpg (56KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
56KB, 500x329px
>>385324605
>the same popular atypical FPS shit
I love it when Dobson uses words he doesn't know the meaning of
>>
return of samus is going to have an epologue where you see samus say the baby for 40 minutes straight
>>
>>385325270
>>385325854

I'm pretty sure the people who argue in favor of the prequels on /tv/ aren't as numerous as OP thinks they are and most of them are shitposting.
>>
But I always see one or two contrarians praising other M and shitting on the Prime trilogy on every Metroid thread.

Granted, that's probably some retard baiting but still.
>>
File: annoying_png.png (31KB, 460x260px) Image search: [Google]
annoying_png.png
31KB, 460x260px
>>385326103

Thank you for reminding me, how annoying these words were in the game.
>>
File: WhyOtherMSucks.png (902KB, 912x1434px) Image search: [Google]
WhyOtherMSucks.png
902KB, 912x1434px
>>385323770
>So how come Metroid: Other M doesn't have an edgy contrarian fanbase on /v/, considering it's the gaming equivalent of the Star Wars prequels which are worshipped on /tv/?

because it's generally considered to be bad. No matter what happens
>>
>>385326103
>Adam activate the baby!
>>
>>385323770

Turning someone into an unreasonable whiny cunt with beaten wife syndrome isn't what I'd call "sympathetic," OP.
>>
>>385325928
>Other M is hated for it's flaws

and by god it has a lot of flaws
>>
>>385324407
>acts like someone cares about his tweets
>1 retweet, probably made by his second account
>>
>>385326564
>every single one of these dumb reddit tier images
>if I complain about every single tiny little thing as if it's an objective fact I will obviously look more persuasive and not like a massive unconvincing autist
Plus if you can't be arsed to type out something more than once it's obviously fucking bullshit anyways.
>>
>>385326884
Dobby knew it was b8 from the start, that second tweet was probably made less than a minute later.
>>
Other M had terrible writing, it was an absolute abortion of a story. It tried to do 2.5D and combine gameplay from Prime and classic metroid, but failed at both.

The only people who like Other M are Dobson and ACFag.
>>
File: 1495153538116.png (184KB, 532x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495153538116.png
184KB, 532x540px
>>385327102
>reddit tier

aka code word for "I can't come up with a good counter argument"
>>
>>385323770
Real question OP is why o you keep bringing up Other M? The game failed for good reasons and the series finally returned to its roots. Forget about this piece of shit and be happy that the series is 2D again and staying 2D not ever doing anything like Other M again. Metroid, Metroid II, Super, Fusion, Zero Mission, and Samus Returns is all I need.
>>
>>385323998
It doesn't take a /tv/ tard to know that TFA was garbage.
>>
>>385327343
>seriously trying to act like pointless infographics aren't reddit shit
Oh but of course a /v/ /m/ crossy memer piece of shit wouldn't think anything is too reddit for his exalted completely self unaware faggotry. Come on go and post LE CUM TO GIGGLES AT YOU and feel euphoric.
>>
>>385327524
>Real question OP is why o you keep bringing up Other M?

he's a shitposter

>>385327791
>pointless
It's not pointless. It's legitimate complaints against Other M
>>
>>385327343
t. redditor
>>
>>385326604

kek
>>
>>385327534
That isn't the issue: claiming that the prequels are good is, which /tv/ is now doing
>>
>>385327904
I DON'T LIKE THE COLOUR OF SPACE PIRATE'S HAT isn't a legitimate complaint. It might be if someone was explaining their opinion, but presented as a fact in a resposted .png it's just garbage.
>>
File: 1495325490217.jpg (21KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1495325490217.jpg
21KB, 480x270px
>>385328239
>I DON'T LIKE THE COLOUR OF SPACE PIRATE'S HAT isn't a legitimate complaint.

and it's not a complaint in the image.

Your shitposting efforts are... MEDIOCRE
>>
>>385323770
It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. The structure is incredibly similar to MGS4, in that there are long cut scenes at the end of linear gameplay sections acting as the reward to drive you to keep playing. However, it differs in that the gameplay is mediocre and the story is completely dull, forgettable tripe.

It does have good bits though. The animations and enemy designs look great. Combat is satisfying and punchy if not very shallow and easy. It's a 4/10 game.
>>
>>385328473
>The enemies are ugly, with crass colouring
Retard
>>
the prequel trilogy had good scenes occasionally
it had a few fun moments and as bad as they were they weren't completely without merit
other m is so bad it's more like the holiday special which also doesn't have even a single fan
>>
>>385323770
Because the prequels were actually good.
>>
>>385324287
prime games are vastly better, belive me. get on dat famalam
>>
No other GFed missions means 1, 2, and at least 2 of the 3 Prime games didn't happen. Space pirates being dumb animals without Mother Brain's control means Super didn't happen. The way the powersuit works in Fusion doesn't seem to jive with the way it works in Other M. Other M even contradicts itself when the powersuit is disrupted by small arms while Samus is focused.

This triggers the bear.
>>
>>385327534
>>385328041
People are entitled to their opinions, but /tv/ takes it to its extreme as 4chan is wont to do
>TFA is the worst movie in the series and soulless, pandering garbage
>The prequels are "kino" masterpieces just like our other sacred cow Batman v Superman
>>
>>385328871
>first person platformer
>good
>>
>>385329268
>first person platforming
>with a double jump
wow so hard
>>
File: 1396869230550.png (193KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
1396869230550.png
193KB, 582x582px
>>385327524
anon, the prime games stand tall with the 2d titles, ad the fact that you would include the first 2 games in the series, instead of just the remake and not putting am2r makes me think you have a serious case of nostalga goggles
>>
>>385329646
Prime is not nearly as good as the 2D games.
>>
File: 1434683992358.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434683992358.png
12KB, 500x500px
>>385329268
anon, its not hard, also not much of a platformer, the jumps are easy, and by the time you get space boots in them, any sense of platforming vanishes.

unless you really suck at 3d games as a whole, but that on you
>>
>>385329646
Mother fucker, I have zero interest in the Prime series and I can care less about a fucking fangame, fuck off and stop shilling your bullshit as though I'm supposed to give a fuck. I like Metroid and Metroid II and that's my prerogative.
>>
>>385329851
wrong b8 anon, you gotta do better
>>
>>385330226
>and Metroid II
RETARD ALERT!
>>
>>385330460
Fuck you
>>
>>385330290
>b8
Enjoy your backtracking dyke simulator, gayboy.
>>
File: 1470297692431.png (139KB, 344x272px) Image search: [Google]
1470297692431.png
139KB, 344x272px
>>385330226
>fuck off and stop shilling

>I like Metroid and Metroid II and that's my prerogative.

fascinating, you actually have a chip on your shoulder. and you wear those nostalgia goggles with pride.

honestly, your taste and reasoning are Juvenal at best.

>>385330559
>backtracking dyke simulator

you gets points for being kinda creative, but we all know samus has never had short hair.
>>
>>385328041
>>385329245
I'm pretty sure it's just a joke, like thinking Dark Knight Rises was good even though they just quote the funny airplane scene, the Prequels are exactly like the airplane scene, but 3 movies.
>>
>>385331007
Sonic fan, should have known
>fascinating, you actually have a chip on your shoulder
I really don't I just enjoy the classics. You're taste is probably pure shit.
>>
>>385327791
This post is 100% reddit it's fucking shameless
>>
>>385331272
You can enjoy the classics fine, but when you shit all over everything else solely because they're not the classics that's when you start being an idiot.
>>
File: MB.png (2MB, 839x2363px) Image search: [Google]
MB.png
2MB, 839x2363px
okay, using the opportunity of this thread to reply to an anon about a discussion about lore in the Metroid series in a rather nice thread we had yesterday, but that pruned before I could answer. I don't know if the anon is still around, but to my suggestion of an headcanon for Samus having PTSD in Other M:
>>385266513
>Head canon, but with M.B. being familiar for the first time with emotion, she is the one who re-awakened the memories in Samus's mindat the worst possible time in the hope Ridley would kill her in that state.
>So, she doesn't really suffer from PTSD.
Anon replied
>>385266720
>The problem with that theory is that Samus is automatically immune to people invading her mind. This was shown in the Prime series where Dark Samus tried to control her and make her kill everyone, partially by killing all of her friends infront of her, or making her kill them in fits of phazon-induced rage. If a planetary god-like entity with the qualities of space-cancer can't turn Samus, why can an emotionally bratty teenager do it?

Her immunity to mind control is actually working in my theory. As we can seeing Prime 3, Samus can actually fall to mind control if she is overtaken by phazon (it result in a Game Over). So it's not an absolute imunity either. Further more, it's resistance to mind control, who is a direct overtake of command. Toying with emotions is actually more subtle and more persuasive as it actually push the person to surrender their mind almost on thier own by pushing on the right "levers", it's also less easy to identify. M.B.'s new ability to better undertand emotion gave her this edge over Samus, and made her "surgical strike" at the worst moment. But in the end, Samus was able to overtake it and get back in control. Enter here her immunity to mind control where once she was able to surmount the PTSD induced by M.B., couldn't be the target of its emotion manipulation anymore as she had "learned the trick". Hence why it couldn't work after that.
>>
>>385331815
That's a whole lot of convoluted nonsense to attempt to handwave away Sakamoto's vision of Samus. Now try explaining why Samus turned into a whimpering mewling little girl the moment she saw Adam again and let him boss and bully her around until he shot her in the back and stole the final area of the game from her.
>>
File: mpbYaaT.gif (970KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
mpbYaaT.gif
970KB, 500x280px
>>385331272
how did i know you were gonna try and jump me for posting a sonic reaction?
anyway, my tastes vary, but really, i like every metroid game exept for

the original 1 and 2,
mom obviously,
hunters is nice but a shade meh.

also, i think all metroid games(save the previously mentioned 4), both 2d and 3d, are amazing and stand shoulder to shoulder with each other. so id say my taste is quite elegant and fair.

and yeah>>385331496
is right, you are running around and getting super defensive. those nostalgia goggle have been on for a long time.
>>
>>385331496
I never shitted on anything, I just didn't mention them. I shitted on Other M but did you see me make fun of the Prime series or the fangame, no, I just told I wan't interested in them which is why I didn't mention them to begin with.
>>
>>385323770
99% of the prequel fanbase consists of people turning every frame of the movies into a meme, people pretending to legitimately like it for shitposting reasons, and people who got paid to work on the movies. Other M is retarded, but aside from THE BABY and REMEMBER ME? it's nowhere close to being as meme filmed as the Star Wars prequels.
>>
It's the only Metroid game which I have not played and have no intention to play
>>
>>385332498
>It's the only Metroid game which I have not played and have no intention to play

just watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMI1-DDklqE

gives you all of Other M's horrible story + 2 guys making fun of it MST3K style
>>
>>385332218
>That's a whole lot of convoluted nonsense
It's really not that convoluted.
-M.B. has telepahty power
(that's outright said)
-M.B. now can develop (and thus have notion of) emotion
(that's outright said too)
-Samus's got a PTSD by getting hold memory and emotion manipulated by M.B.
(headcanon, but it's a straight 1+1 of the two precedent facts). Not really any convolution, there.

A bit of convolution come from why M.b. don't do it again after and here come samus able to resust mind cotrol in Prime 3 that settle that up. Emotion manipulation was jsut a new angle that took Samus unprepared, but still could resit to it once she got the trick. Not that much far fetched really.
>>
>>385332218
>Now try explaining why Samus turned into a whimpering mewling little girl the moment she saw Adam again
She didn't? She just agreed to work with him while on her rescue mission.
>>
>>385333035
confirmed for not playing Other M
>>
>>385332848
There's one little problem with your theory:

Metroid Prime: Corruption takes place BEFORE Metroid II: Return of Samus.
Other M takes place AFTER Super Metroid.
>>
File: 1405935922892.png (301KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1405935922892.png
301KB, 500x377px
>>385332252
anon, the very distinct lack of explained reasoning, along with the hostility in >>385330226
>>385331272

tells me you have incredibly poor communication skills, and are likely special ed.

but more to the point, the severe lack of elaboration on your reasons and preferences indicates blind thoughtlessness and nostalgia.

and really, you retort by proclaiming my tastes are "probably shit" indicating that you believe your preferences are superior. so dont try to claim weave been misunderstanding you this whole time.
>>
>>385333173
I did.

all she did was being surprised to see him and then agreed to work under his command to not deter the mission he was on while still keeping her rescue mission.
>>
>>385333194
I don't see how that's a problem at all. where is the contradiction?
>>
>>385333354
The fact that you're ass blasted that I'm not interested in the Prime series and like the first two Metroid games in the series just tells you're the special ed kid and have literal autism. It's called having an opinion. Do you see me coming into the thread to shit on the Prime series or AM2R? No you don't, so instead of shitposting as you're doing now, how about you get a reality check on not trying to force people to agree with your opinions as fact, because that's not how the world works Junior.
>>
>>385333659
You're saying MB's attempts in Other M made her immune to Dark Samus' attempts in Corruption. That's impossible because Corruption takes place long before Other M does.

>>385333576
So you ignored how she let herself nearly get killed several times because she became subservient to Adam, who may I remind you had no power over her because she is a freelance bounty hunter and not a member of his squad. You also ignored how she spends every cutscene sucking Adam's cock and telling us how she was once a rebellious girl who needed Adam's approval and today she still is rebellious and need's Adam to keep her in line.
>>
>>385334403
>You're saying MB's attempts in Other M made her immune to Dark Samus' attempts in Corruption.
Okay, I get what you mean, I expressed myslef badly. What I said was that Prime 3 served as a PRECEDENT showing that Samus can actually resist mind control, but isn't absolutely immune to it either. Her ability to resit mind control explain why M.B. couldn't do it twice. that's it.
>>
>>385334403
>So you ignored how she let herself nearly get killed several times because she became subservient to Adam, who may I remind you had no power over her because she is a freelance bounty hunter
She agree to get under his comment out of courtesy, to not jeopardize his own mission. Nothing to do with being sub-servant.
>and today she still is rebellious and need's Adam to keep her in line.
Other M didn't attempt to make Samus pass for rebellious in present time.
>and telling us how she was once a rebellious girl who needed Adam's approval
Objectively, the game isn't really showing she needed his approval. They actually left on a disagreement.
>>
>>385334673
Except that MB only controls the Space Pirates (which is something else that runs counter to all the other games, because if the Space Pirates really are mindless feral animals witout her how did they continue their operations in the Prime series and how did they rebuild Zebes and make a second Mother Brain in Super Metroid?). Samus also had no problems facing Mother Brain in the original/Zero Mission and Super Metroid.
>>
File: shitposting..png (27KB, 253x247px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting..png
27KB, 253x247px
>>385333709
anon, you have been the one shitposting this whole time, like really, you come here all hot and bothered, and when prodded about it, you just start repeating yourself. you have yet to post any real opinions or logic, both for youre reasons for youre severe preferences in the series, and now me that ive been firing on you directly. and now you attempt to belittle me and imply that you have been reasonable this whole time.

nobody is impressed.

also, you have barged in here to shit on the games you dont like, >>385327524
>Forget about this piece of shit and be happy that the series is 2D again and staying 2D not ever doing anything like Other M again

you have just lumped all 3d metroid titles together, putting the prime series in the same light as mom. nobody is fooled. you tried to dance around it, but we can all see you have a blind hate for all 3d metroid games, and that you dont even understand why you like the 2d titles so much.

jesus what a waste of time.
>>
>>385335012
>Except that MB only controls the Space Pirates
She is established has having telepathy, nothing say "only Space pirate).
> (which is something else that runs counter to all the other games, because if the Space Pirates really are mindless feral animals
so many people get that wrong. No, they aren't mindless, it was never stated that way. the actual quote is
http://metroid.retropixel.net/games/metroidom/transcript.php
>Without a malicious force to lead them down that path, wouldn't they continue to merely follow their instincts, ultimately becoming no more than a swarm of feral creatures?
Meaning that they need an upbringing to become intelligent (like humans too, we would be feral without education).
> witout her how did they continue their operations in the Prime series and how did they rebuild Zebes and make a second Mother Brain in Super Metroid?
If your math teacher die, do you forget maths?
>Samus also had no problems facing Mother Brain in the original/Zero Mission and Super Metroid.
See pic >>385331815
An understanding of emotion was something new for M.B. this is outright said.
>>
>>385334983
>I won't turn on any of my equipment, including my heat-resistant armor in the LAVA AREA, which by the way is A 100% DEFENSIVE SYSTEM WITH NO AFFECT ON ANYONE OR ANYTHING NEAR ME, because that might jeopardize Adam's mission

Look, Dobson, you can try to explain it all you want, the entire plot and what they did to Samus was retarded on a fundamental level. No amount of yarn-spinning can chance that.
>>
>>385335282
>you have just lumped all 3d metroid titles together
Wow! I didn't know Sakamoto worked on the Metroid Prime series. God damn you're stupid, you just inadvertently defended Other M with this post because that's the game I shitted on.
>>
File: 1396876065321.jpg (39KB, 300x211px) Image search: [Google]
1396876065321.jpg
39KB, 300x211px
>>385335797
>dis post.
>
>>
>>385335451
All of your explaining is 100% fanfic-tier attempting to justify and excuse Sakamoto's shit story and characterization and making the entire Metroid series non-canon to his personal fanfiction about how he envisions Samus to be. Often the simplest explanation is the one that's true: Sakamoto made Samus in MOM as he did because that's how he likes her, and Adam was the real central character of the game which is why Samus and the game itself sucks his dick so hard.
>>
File: rememberMeEddie.gif (218KB, 147x120px) Image search: [Google]
rememberMeEddie.gif
218KB, 147x120px
>>385335662
>>I won't turn on any of my equipment, including my heat-resistant armor in the LAVA AREA, which by the way is A 100% DEFENSIVE SYSTEM WITH NO AFFECT ON ANYONE OR ANYTHING NEAR ME, because that might jeopardize Adam's mission
I am not Dobbson, I know this is a stupid thing, but this isn't
>Samus turned into a whimpering mewling little girl the moment she saw Adam again
either

Don't confuse retardation of a story with "being turned into a submissive little girl". Not the same thing.
>>
>>385336163
>All of your explaining is 100% fanfic-tier
see again
>>385332848
>-M.B. has telepahty power
>(that's outright said)
>-M.B. now can develop (and thus have notion of) emotion
>(that's outright said too)
>-Samus's got a PTSD by getting hold memory and emotion manipulated by M.B.
>(headcanon, but it's a straight 1+1 of the two precedent facts). Not really any convolution, there.
From the beginning I said it was headcanon, but it make sense.
> to justify and excuse Sakamoto's shit story and characterization
Not the point, simply making sense of it.
>and making the entire Metroid series non-canon
There are contradictions, but not as much ass people complain about.
> Often the simplest explanation is the one that's true: Sakamoto made Samus in MOM as he did because that's how he likes her, and Adam was the real central character of the game which is why Samus and the game itself sucks his dick so hard.
Do'nst mean I won't find an in-story explantion either, especially when it is an obvious one like that.
>>
>>385336668
Go away ACFag.
>>
>>385336807
I am not ACfag. I mean, the guy is so stiff he consider an heresy the simple deviation from what he consider perfection. do you really think he would have the mental flexibility to make an headcanon like that?
>>
File: 3f6.png (357KB, 712x613px) Image search: [Google]
3f6.png
357KB, 712x613px
>>385332773
>7 minutes in
>Samus has said "the baby" 7 times
>7:20
>Samus has said "the baby" 8 times
>Some fag apparently polished her suit even though she wasn't wearing it while she was sleeping and you watch her make it appear
No fucking wonder people hate this.
>>
>>385336668
>there's absolutely nothing in the game that hints at this so it's obviously the only explanation

Why are you so desperate to defend MOM in any way whatsoever?

>>385336437
>Don't confuse retardation of a story with "being turned into a submissive little girl". Not the same thing.

That IS part of the story. Did you pay any attention at all to the cutscenes?
>>
>>385337613
>>Some fag apparently polished her suit
That's actually a major plot point
>>
>>385337661
>>there's absolutely nothing in the game that hints at this
I pointed two outright stated facts that hint (emphasis on "hitn" I never said "prove") to this. It's relatively straightforward.
>so it's obviously the only explanation
i never said it was the ONLY explanation, I just said it was an headcanon that at least can provide a believable alternative to "Samus has PTSD" that's all. not bigger pretensions there.

>Why are you so desperate to defend MOM in any way whatsoever?
I don't defend MOM, but I like making sense out of stuffs.
>>
>>385337661
>That IS part of the story. Did you pay any attention at all to the cutscenes?
I paid attneton to them and not a single time does she act like a "whimpering mewling little girl the moment she saw Adam again"
she act like an idiot grunt soldier who don't question her officer. Not the same thing.
>>
>>385338073
Stop trying to make sense of things that make no sense no matter how you try to explain it away, especially when you have to resort to making up your own theories to do it.

>>385338195
>"Adam was the only parental figure I ever had in my life (completely ignoring the Chozo who BTW ar enever mentioned at all in MOM)."
>"I was a child then. I think I'm still a child now. What I did was childish, yet I'd do it again if I faced the situation again."
>cries and whimpers after Adam shoots her in the back and almost lets a Metroid eat her
>goes back to the BOTTLE Ship just to get his helmet and snuggles it to her tits
>the entire theme of the game is motherhood and children and parentals

You're either blind, blocked out a lot of the game, or are being deliberately obtuse.
>>
File: NEVER.png (142KB, 723x796px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER.png
142KB, 723x796px
>>385338783
>Stop trying to make sense of things that make no sense
>>
>>385338783
>especially when you have to resort to making up your own theories to do it.
Uh? Having to make up your own theory to make sense of something on you own, is kinda always a requirement. That's not really a valid reason not to do it.
>>
>>385339006
When there's absolutely nothing in the game that supports your personal theory, then it's not a worthwhile theory. Also the entire PTSD thing was caused by Ridley, not MB.
>>
>>385338783
>>"Adam was the only parental figure I ever had in my life (completely ignoring the Chozo who BTW ar enever mentioned at all in MOM)."
>only
wrong
http://metroid.retropixel.net/games/metroidom/transcript.php
>Samus*: Confession time. Because I was so young when I lost both of my parents, there's no question I saw Adam as a father figure.
>a father figure
>a
While no mention of the Chozo is BS, she in no way cast them out of their parnetal role. she doens't say Adam was her ONLy fahter figure
>I think I'm still a child now.
While she mention a few time sha was childish at her start ing the Galactic federation, She never say that she is still a child today.
>yet I'd do it again if I faced the situation again."
She never say that
>>cries and whimpers after Adam shoots her in the back and almost lets a Metroid eat her
Try to be shot and see how well you handle it. Also, the reason she cry is not because she got shot but because she is seeing Adam scarifying himself ( reason to rejoice, actually, but I did say she was acting stupid).
>You're either blind, blocked out a lot of the game, or are being deliberately obtuse.
None of that, I am simply saying that none of her present attitude are "whimpering mewling little girl the moment she saw Adam again". She act like an emotionless narator who don't care to give a fuck. Nto the same thing.

When you critic something, at least try to be accurate.
>>
>>385339196
>When there's absolutely nothing in the game that supports
Two straighforward stated fact supposrt it. It's like you have the memory of a goldfish.
>. Also the entire PTSD thing was caused by Ridley, not MB.
The idea is that M.B. toyed with Samus emotion to reawaken he feeling when she first faced Ridley.
>>
File: Furby.png (355KB, 631x353px) Image search: [Google]
Furby.png
355KB, 631x353px
>>385337613
>Some fag apparently polished her suit even though she wasn't wearing it while she was sleeping and you watch her make it appear

it gets worse.
This is a baby Ridley.
>>
>>385340243
I used spoiler tags
>>
It's too shitty to so much as falseflag for it.
>>
>>385339731
>I think I'm still a child now.
While she mention a few time sha was childish at her start ing the Galactic federation, She never say that she is still a child today.
>yet I'd do it again if I faced the situation again."
She never say that

Remember the entire cutscene involving Adam's little brother? In that and whenever Samus talks about it she says she was acting like a child then and would do the same thing over again if she had to.

>Try to be shot and see how well you handle it. Also, the reason she cry is not because she got shot but because she is seeing Adam scarifying himself ( reason to rejoice, actually, but I did say she was acting stupid).

There was no point in having Adam shoot her at all, especially with a fucking Metroid hovering right there. Everything in MOM goes against all other Metroid story and characterization, including the official canon mangas. And all you're doing is trying to defend it and claim it all fits into the rest of the series perfectly.
>>
File: 0.png (21KB, 600x520px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
21KB, 600x520px
>>385339912
>>385340320
My bad. Now I am the one who messed up. Still, you should have spoiled the pic too. He is not supposed to see it before it appears first.

Incidentally, this is actually one of the few good thing of this game. along with Anthony. Liked this little fucker and how it evolved.
>>
File: ocelot.gif (584KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
ocelot.gif
584KB, 320x180px
>>385323854
the closest thing to for a vidya version of the star wars prequels are the MGS prequels

>most popular character is a bad guy who had a cybernetic arm
>people always get their arms cut off
>the chosen one who saved the world/galaxy turns bad
>Ocelot and Palpatine both control and double cross everyone in the shadows
>"poetry" of history repeating in both eras. IE: huey makes metal gear, Otacon makes metal gear. obi/luke's master dies.
>really bad writing in the prequels.
>mgsV and Star wars prequels are universally hated by fans for making no sense
>>
>>385323770
The Force Awakens was actually garbage though
>>
>>385339731
>>385340519
Please learn how to communicate with human beings properly before attempting to argue with yourself.
>>
>>385340519
>and would do the same thing over again if she had to.
She said the exact opposite of it and actually said Adam took the right decision to sacrifice his brother. so no, she never said that she would do it again. And she never said she is a child today.

>There was no point in having Adam shoot her at all,
The way the game tell it really make a mess out of it. The reason he shot her has nothing to do with the Metroid, he simply saw it as enough of a distration to stunt Samus.

the reason he shoot her is because if he didn't stop her, she would have prevented him from scarifying himself and he would have failed to stop the threat still remaining in the Bottleship. He immobilized her so she wouldn't attempt to stop him from scarifying himself.
>And all you're doing is trying to defend it and claim it all fits into the rest of the series perfectly.
I said there were contradiction, bit not as much as people said. I am not defending anything. I don't think I have been using kind word to describe that game. I am just remaining accurate.
>>
>>385341246
Agreed, First Star Wars movie to fail at having good villain. Even the prequels had Darth Sidious, Count Doku and Palpatine.
>>
File: metroid.jpg (73KB, 300x428px) Image search: [Google]
metroid.jpg
73KB, 300x428px
other m is great
>>385326564
fuck off nerogaf
>>
>>385341720
>nerogaf

I'm not a pedophile so why would I be associated with that site
>>
>>385341720
I am pretty sure this info graphic come from 4chan.
>>
>>385339912
Someone pointed out that his Other M outing basically turned Ridley into a Pokemon
>>
File: 1493082475349.png (232KB, 602x536px) Image search: [Google]
1493082475349.png
232KB, 602x536px
Other M is so bad that anyone who claims to love it is an obvious troll or Dobson.
>>
>>385341516
Yes she does, watch the fucking cutscenes again. And why are you defending this shitheap of a game so badly?
>>
File: Laughing May.jpg (52KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing May.jpg
52KB, 600x426px
>>385342137
>Ridley is a pseudo-legendary flying/dragon with a mega evolution into steel/dragon
This is now my headcanon
>>
>>385342401
Or moviebob. It's funny how everyone who likes Other M is the worst kind of person imaginable.
>>
>>385342745
>Yes she does, watch the fucking cutscenes again.
I have and no, she isn't saying she still act like a child nowadays and she doesn't say she would do the same mistake again.

I am not defending it, I have called it shit myself. But this game has enough default it doesn't need to mad up more.
>>
File: 1498844463710.jpg (809KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498844463710.jpg
809KB, 900x900px
Pretty sure all future Metroid games won't ever mention the events from Other M.

Nintendo knows people hate it. This is a stealthy way of removing it from the timeline without announcing it.
>>
>>385343257
Yes she does, the second time she thinks about Adam's brother after Adam dies, she says that she would act that way again if she had to do that over again.
>>
Is anyone else concerned that Sakamoto is going to have his hands on Prime 4? I have a feeling that he'll make it as shit as possible just to spite people who hated his baby Other M and loved the Prime Trilogy.
>>
>>385325771
what was filtered?
>>
>>385343880
>Is anyone else concerned that Sakamoto is going to have his hands on Prime 4?
Sakamoto was supervising the lore in Prime 1, 2 and 3 too.
>>
>>385344369
You're lying
>>
>>385344132
At a guess, probably toddlers instead of bros
>>
>>385345180
nintenbros?
>>
>>385345605
fuck hes right, do we have ones for xbone and poorstation?
>>
>>385343880
Prime is Tanabe's and Sakamoto has apologized for Other M so I'm really not worried.
>>
>>385345605
>>385345696
how new are you? it happened several months ago.
>>
>>385345734
>Sakamoto has apologized for Other M

source
>>
>>385345996
Sakamoto.
>>
>>385346274
any links?
>>
File: 1407378857693.png (20KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1407378857693.png
20KB, 560x407px
>>385345932
i simply dont go into console war threads, and every time i spot it posted its usually some over dramatic false flag post.

like really man, i only even look at maby 2% of the threads here at best.
>>
File: Link.png (584KB, 1126x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Link.png
584KB, 1126x1052px
>>385346384
T B H I looked it up and I guess I was mistaken in my recollection because it was more of a jab at the people who didn't like Other M than a real apology.

>“It’s not just about the sales either,” adds Sakamoto, “The game as a whole was received fairly poorly compared to other hit Nintendo titles. I personally wrote the story for the game so I know it can’t be that. I mean, I created a strong, female character that people just could not accept. I apologize if gamers feel like they were emasculated playing the game, but that shouldn’t affect your judgment of everything else.”
>>
>>385346551
>I personally wrote the story for the game so I know it can’t be that. I mean, I created a strong, female character that people just could not accept. I apologize if gamers feel like they were emasculated playing the game, but that shouldn’t affect your judgment of everything else.”
You had me going for a moment, anon.
>>
File: 1471822932637.jpg (154KB, 351x390px) Image search: [Google]
1471822932637.jpg
154KB, 351x390px
>>385346551
>a strong, female character
>Other M
>>
File: 1496202033795.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496202033795.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>385346551
>personally i wrote the story
>created a strong female character
>other M
That's where it's wrong
>>
>>385346952
>>385347074
>http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/lb_i.php?lb_id=14452147870B94723800&i_id=14455588150I24111700&p=2
>''“It is quite obvious why Other M did not succeed when compared to other Nintendo games; it features a female main character. Mario, Link, Kirby. Those are all male Nintendo characters that never fail to generate good sales.
>“It’s not just about the sales either. The game as a whole was received fairly poorly compared to other hit Nintendo titles. I personally wrote the story for the game so I know it can’t be that. I mean, I created a strong, female character that people just could not accept. I apologize if gamers feel like they were emasculated playing the game, but that shouldn’t affect your judgment of everything else.

I got the quote I posted earlier from:
>http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/sakamoto_metroid_other_m_failed_because_players_were_reluctant_to_accept_a_female_character

Unfortunately the site that originally hosted the interview is apparently gone. With some work I could probably find it on MDB but I'm a little too lazy for that.
>>
File: 1408034907723.jpg (28KB, 187x293px) Image search: [Google]
1408034907723.jpg
28KB, 187x293px
>>385346551
>>385347352

wow, hes actually fucking delusional.

he literally created the exact opposite of a strong female lead, jesus fuck.

either that, or he thought he was being cute and ironic, which is almost as bad given the circumstances.

and thats ignoring the fact that hes defending the gameplay, controls, art, and the "rest of the game"

or pic
>>
>>385346551
>>385347352
Well despite what I said about laziness I looked into this a little more and apparently the website they're referencing was some kind of satire website and probably shouldn't be used as a real source.

>>385347473
See above.
>>
>>385347352
Fake:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/comments/67p19a/sakamoto_never_blamed_samus_gender_for_other_ms/
>The reality of the matter is that those quotes come from a piece of satire hosted by (the apparently now defunct) p4rgaming website. A website, mind you, that was very similar to The Onion
>>
>>385347473
see>>385347703
>>
>>385347703
You're about 2 minutes too late but I appreciate your diligence.
>>
>>385343374
If felt so good when Sakamoto completely ignored Other M in Samus Returns Dev Diary. He stated that it's been 13 years since a 2D Metroid game only looking at Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Samus Returns.
>>
>>385346551
Here is what he actually said abotu Other M:
http://kotaku.com/metroid-samus-returns-feels-great-to-play-1796236226
(kotaku, I know, but I am providing the source)
>On how criticism of Metroid: Other M has affected the depiction of Samus

>Sakamoto: To be honest, as far as wanting to change that depiction of Samus, I made what I wanted to make. It did give me some momentum, I guess, and the ability to look at Samus from a new viewpoint, and maybe reconsider what I wanted to show about her.
So, if I get it right, he said the criticism is what gave him momentum (whatever that means) and the criticism made him reconsider what he wanted to show about her.
>>
>>385348032
>Samus Returns Dev Diary
Link?
>>
>>385326884
That's a reply not a retweet.
>>
>>385346551
>>385347352
Posting a fake interview, kill yourself

>>385347074
>>385347314
>>385347473
>>385347561
Being dumb enough to believe the mother fucker when the interview was proven fake multiple times.

You shitheads making this guy >>385347703 confirm the article was fake.

All of you need to shoot yourself.

At least this guy >>385347703 isn't retarded like the rest of you lot.
>>
>>385348272
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BCPx2SX7Hk
>>
I am kinda sad p4rgaming is dead, though.
>>
>>385348507
I confirmed it was fake myself, you seem a little slow on the uptake.
>>
>>385348610
Thanks.
>>
>>385348779
Welcome

>>385348690
I know you did, that's why I posted your comment twice. Those guys were so stupid that I had to say something.
>>
>>385348690
OOPS didn't realize that >>385347561 this comment talked about the website. I'm this guy here>>385348909, please forgive me.
>>
>>385349106
NBD Anon.
>>
>>385348032
>He stated that it's been 13 years since a 2D Metroid game
Well, it's not that significant. Other M is a 3D Metroid. it's meant to feel like a 2D one, but it's still a 3D Metroid.
>>
desu the problem to me is that they had several 2D games, and three 3D ones, with the only really attempt to give Samus a voice was Metroid Fusion and some parts of Zero Mission, and Prime focused on body language and her eyes to give us emotions which came across very clearly. The people who played these games formed their vision of Samus over those several years. Most would think of her stoic and serious about her duty. Unshaken by almost anything, and has shown to be caring.

When Other M came out, it decided to retcon a story and completely subverted expectations of what a lot of fans envisioned her to be. And honestly, they did it too fucking late.

Fusion worked because the interactions were brief and despite this, she still sat well with peoples thoughts on who Samus was.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.