[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that thinks this game is trash. It brings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 12

Am I the only one that thinks this game is trash.

It brings nothing new to the table.

The fans act like its the first game ever to have a story and zombies. To them this game is legendary
>>
>The fans act like its the first game ever to have a story and zombies. To them this game is legendary

Err, no?
Also if you really think all good games have to bring something new to the table, you are retarded.
The game is good and fun, plays the apocaliptic zombie tropes just right, that's why people like it, not for the nonsense bullshit you wrote.
>>
>>385315723
>great gamplay
>great story and atmosphere
>nice graphics
>trash

gr8 b8 now go kys
>>
>>385315723
Yes. You are literally the only person out of the millions of people who played it that didn't like it. Because that's how much of a unique and interesting person you are
>>
>>385315723
It's one of the few games to have competent writing. The multiplayer is also fantastic.
>>
File: WTF IS THAT THING.jpg (27KB, 705x696px) Image search: [Google]
WTF IS THAT THING.jpg
27KB, 705x696px
Didn't this game come out in 2012? How are people still this butthurt over it?
>>
>>385316787
It got way too much praise for how average it is
Im not saying it doesnt have a lot of TECHNOLOGY moments but some of the core gameplay components were just half baked e.g. crafting and stealth though they were nice and fleshed out in multiplayer which is quite strange
>>
Well a lot of people in gaming media only started playing games with PS3 and 360.

It is an average TPS with above average acting and story.
>>
>>385316787
Because it's a critically acclaimed AAA game that wasn't made in Japan.
>>
>>385315723
>Am I the only one

WHY DO MILLENNIALS LOVE SAYING THIS SO MUCH?
>>
>>385315723
You're a gay faggot and the game is great
>>
>>385316741
>The multiplayer is also fantastic.

who actually plays console game third person multiplayer? that's, honestly, shit for people who don't play multiplayer

>competent writing
so not good, competent. games aren't about writing.
>>
>>385315723
If you can't escape your autism long enough to enjoy your first playthrough of The Last of Us, you should consider suicide.
>>
>>385315723
It's not a bad game, but it isn't the second coming people claim it to be.
>>
>>385315723
Is OK game, but just an OK game. The higher the difficulty, the more obvious the artificial difficulty.
>>
>>385317209
>who actually plays console game third person multiplayer? that's, honestly, shit for people who don't play multiplayer
Not an argument

>so not good, competent. games aren't about writing.
You're not the one who gets to decide that.
>>
>>385315723
You're not alone. I also found it to be very lackluster, level design/puzzles are boring and combat is shit for the most part. 15 hour generic zombie TPS that could have been a 7 hour game
>>
>>385317314
>Artificial difficulty.

Found the shitter.
>>
It's a good game, but nowhere near as good as game critics and the fan base make it out to be. Contrarians and anti-sonybros go too far in the other direction.

Playing on grounded difficulty improves the experience tenfold.
>>
>>385315723
It's my favorite game of all time so fuck you idiot.
>>
File: thumbs.gif (346KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.gif
346KB, 320x240px
>>385317424
>Found the shitter.
>Soldiers are shooting at you with assault rifles
>Kill soldiers and nothing drops
I am the shitter, yes indeed.
>>
>>385315723

It's not trash but the checks definitely cleared when the reviews dropped. It's very sold 8.5 game. 9's would be a bit generous but the 10s is why we still debate this game today. Unoriginal and features polished but still run of the mill gameplay. The voice e acting was very well done but that doesn't make a game a masterpiece.
>>
The Last of Us is:

>very polished
>for a AAA mass-market game, fairly "hardcore"
>great story
>generally good writing (some characters are absolute shite)
>great visuals

Doesn't deserve the massive critical response at all but definitely good.
>>
>>385317592
>he can't even git gud

First time playing a videogame champ?
>>
>>385317718
>First time playing a videogame champ?
Way to ignore the fact that there was a point in that post. Keep deflecting.
>>
>>385315723
>It brings nothing new to the table.

Am I the only who doesn't give a shit about that? If the game is solid I couldn't care less whether it's trying to be something groundbreaking or not.
>>
>>385315723
It's a good game, just extremely overrated.
>>
File: 1277943810704.jpg (43KB, 408x432px) Image search: [Google]
1277943810704.jpg
43KB, 408x432px
Whole thing made me feel like I was watching HBO series instead of playing an actual game

>Start game, player choice is instantly established by letting us if we want to kill a guy to put him out of his misery or not
>At no point in the game do you ever get player choice again. not when you get the option to sacrifice your daughterfu to save the world, not when a nigger leaves you for dead.
>Connection between Joel and Daughterfu is very forced. They just wake up no longer hating each other one day with no real bonding moments ever passing between the two characters.
>Stealth sections against humans are kind of okay, there are at least some fun things you can do to mess with the AI but zombie stealth sections are never ever ever ever fun at all
>>
>>385316741
The problem is that it's not fun. It has focused everything on its narrative, leaving the gameplay uninspired an mediocre.

Exactly what today's market wants.
>>
>>385317864
I think Joel saving her in Winter was a pretty important moment.
>>
>>385317756
Sonygro always focus on what they want to hear rather than the actual point at hand.
It's why they consistently fuck themselves over
>>
>>385317897
>leaving the gameplay uninspired an mediocre.
It's not Uncharted.
>>
>>385317801

>told the story is a main reason the game is a masterpiece and not do much the generic gameplay
>the story is samey as fuck
>>
>>385315723
its trash
>muh emotional bullshit
oh fuck off
>>
>>385317946
Thats specifically what I'm talking about. When she runs off and Joel chases her he has no reason to do so as a character. Up until that point he was an edgelord that just wanted to be left alone and was even dumping her off with a group of NPCs. there was no point in which the character had any degree of bonding and then suddenly NUUU I HAVE TO GO SAVE HER LIFE FOR NO RAISN
>>
>>385317975
You're right, it's uncharted with zombies.
>>
>>385315723
Doesn't mean it's bad.

>its the first game ever to have a story and zombies.
Said absolutely no one ever.

>>385316689
>implying op played it
>>
Playing a video game for the story is like eating soup for the spoon.
>>
>>385318039
The shooting is nothing like Uncharted.
>>
>>385318074
>food analogies
>>
>>385318003
>samey as fuck
No, it really isn't. Does it have places/characters that are seen in most post-apocalyptic stories? Yes, but the execution/writing/acting is impeccable. Compared to Telltale trash this is almost a god send.
>>
>>385317897
>uninspired and mediocre

I see you use the 'I'm a teenager with limited criricism experience except buzzwords' starter pack
>>
>>385318102
they had to change something so it doesn't feel like a complete ripoff
>>
>>385318152
Guns don't fire as fast, are not as accurate, and have very little ammo.

Just cut your losses anon.
>>
File: 1496537032290.jpg (13KB, 229x350px) Image search: [Google]
1496537032290.jpg
13KB, 229x350px
>>385315723
No you're not Naughty Dog became shit after Jak 3 now they're pretentious assholes because of this boring walking simulator. Uncharted with zombies. Every """"sad"""" moment is forced and the dlc was short boring and forced.
>>
File: 5.png (203KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
203KB, 499x499px
Who here hype for TLOU2 and also the butthurt it will cause on /v/ when it gets 10/10 again everywhere?
>>
>>385318202
You don't genuinely believe what you're saying do you?
>>
>>385318275
I'm with you. I love how cinematic games remind /v/ of how autistic and lonely they are and in turn makes them mad
>>
>>385317963
As I mentioned, the game was OK. It was shilled to me a lot, so I decided to give it a go. It felt short on a lot of aspects, including the retarded 'NPC is invisible to enemies', the higher the difficulty, the higher immunity to logic, and, the stupid scripted sequences when a grown ass man needs a little girl to pull him up after he boosted her on the roof. Like, what the fuck? Or that swimming on the pallet thing?
>>
>>385318275
I can't wait for Factions 2.
>>
>>385317149
>MILLENNIALS
Why do the majority of millenials not know the definition of a millenial?
google it
>>
>>385317975
I didn't say it was. But compare the gameplay to a gameplay masterpiece like Super Mario Galaxy.

Just as the storytelling is like night and day between these two games, so is the gameplay in Galaxy's favour.

>>385318132
No, I just don't get swept away by storytelling. I want a great game, not an interactive movie.
>>
its just funny how sonybros will defend this crap even if its absolute dogshit because its all they have
>>
>>385318115
Seriously why is it always food?
>>
>>385318534
>>385318596

*fart*
>>
>>385318534
>comparing a TPS to a platformer
You're not very smart, are you?
>>
>>385315723
I didn't like it. Couldn't even finish it.
One fucking sneaking sequence, where I saw that little girl, I don't give a crap about her name anymore, literally crawled backwards through the clicker and he didn't kill her. Didn't notice her. Didn't even fucking flinch.
I understand they wanted to give her personality and not to make her a liability. I do. But instead they made her a fucking piece of a prop. Like a wall, or a box. Moving box. Fuck this. Also hated it in Bioshock Infinite. Please, if you have to make your "companion" incorporeal and undetectable, maybe you should forgo her overall? Just my thoughts.
>>
>>385318118

Telltale is shit non games though.
>>
I dunno, I actually liked the gameplay a lot. It's quite simple, but absolutely solid at its core and poses a decent challenge if you're not playing on easy.
The story, on the other hand, is pretty mediocre. I mean, the writing is not exactly bad, but it's mostly predictable and not too innovative.
>>
File: imguss-ellie-white-death.jpg (445KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
imguss-ellie-white-death.jpg
445KB, 1920x960px
Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>385317130

This.
>>
>>385318893
There's no way you could make a companion, especially one like Ellie, be a part of the active game.
>>
>>385318893
Your thoughts ate autistic and I'm guessing you're obese
>>
>>385319028
Or really? Why do you think so?
I mean, if you would pour enough resources into it, why not?
Alien:Isolation demonstrates how much you can do with AI, if you dedicate enough effort to it.
>>
>>385319005
>perfect
more like trash
>>
>>385319178
Because if she gets spotted it's out of your control.
>>
>>385319067
Wow, what a genius rebuke. I thought I am going to change my mind and opinion, and feel bad about myself...
Or wait, I will just call you an offended little faggot and laugh at you. Yeah. that sounds so much better.
>>
It's the best the fundamentally flawed design philosophy of "gameplay and story should exist on different sides of a big ass wall" has to offer
I enjoyed it
>>
>>385319178
God damn dude, Alien Isolation is about dealing with enemy AI, not companion AI.

Why do so many people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to programming?
>>
>>385318893
Seems like a really petty reason to drop the game unless you were already on the fence about quitting, but yeah I definitely rolled my eyes a few times when the game did that
>>
File: k-h-23-vcf8quz.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
k-h-23-vcf8quz.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
Was it rape?
>>
>>385319281
Morbidly obese brah, I can sense it off your words
>>
>>385319276
So work on her AI so she doesn't get spotted. You want players to perform certain actions in those sequences - why not write an AI that can do it?
>>
>>385319338
Can't rape the willing
>>
>>385316741
The writing was contrived generic crap
>>
OP here
The fight will never end
Its a shit game
6/10
>>
>>385319005

The dlc ruined her for me because foul mouth little girls are disgusting. They made her so annoying.

Inb4 I just didn't get it maaaan
>>
>>385319292
Man, I don't even want her to be as smart as alien. She could, for example hide, use routes untraversable by your protagonist, or just stay right behind you and copy your actions-movement sequences. What is so unrealistic about that?
>>385319295
Isn't Ellie a centerpiece of this game, and your relationship is the most meaningful experience in it? I mean, not other systems are groundbreaking there.
Maybe it is petty, maybe I just had my hopes too high. Yet again, maybe they should put less effort in tear-jerking and more into game systems.
>>
>>385319423
Not an argument. It was good, really good, especially by video game standards.
>>
>>385319738

Not an argument. Your opinion is shit.
>>
>>385319350
Ad hominem only serves to demonstrate that you don't have any reasonable objectives, but your butthurt demands you respond anyway. Why do you care so much about my opinion on this game that you keep pushing that pathetic line? Did it fill your hopes and dreams with determination and now you are so closely tied to it that any offense to it is offense to you?
Don't cry baby, there are plenty more games to associate yourself with out there.
>>
>>385319912
Not an argument. Your opinion is shit.
>>
>>385315723
>fans of $game like $game very much
Oh boy what a fucking revelation.
So like almost every game in existence except a very few that actually pioneered something that rest later reused with various success.
>>
>>385319942

The game is far from perfect or original. Deal with it
>>
Boring ass stealth gameplay and shit gunplay. Who gives a fuck about the story?
>>
>>385320038

It's being praised for its story when it's the same apocalyptic shit we've seen before but shittier.
>>
>>385320058
Never said that though.
>>
>>385317314
>The higher the difficulty, the more fun the game becomes.
FTFY
It gets actually tense and you count your bullets properly, getting happy with every brick you find lying around and every shiv you manage to make. Well, at least until the hospital where you just get showered with everything but if you get there on Grounded I guess you deserve some reward.
>>
It's shit, but it's the type of shit a lot of faggots love to eat up. Let them eat their shit, it makes them happy and keeps them occupied.

It would be impressive if it were made by a small indie team. Still wouldn't make it a good game though.
>>
Is a mediocre game, but not bad. For someone who like shitty muricans games, probably enjoy TLoU
>>
>>385320348
What games do you enjoy you fat sperg? And no eating out your dog's asshole for breakfast isn't a game
>>
>>385320189
>but shittier.
Why?
Could you actually tell what's wrong with the story, if possible without buzzwords, memes or cop outs like 'It's bad because I said so and everyone who claims otherwise is retarded', you know, without all the /v/tard garbage that has 0 information value and is only good for shitflinging fests.
>>
>>385315723
>Am I the only one that thinks this game is trash.

Quit being a snowflake, there's plenty of people who dislike The Last of Us.

>>385317849
Seconded. On a one-to-ten scale, I would say it's around an 8/10.
>>
>>385320243

It's why we have a topic about it every day. If the numale faggot game reviewers didn't plop down 10s, it would have been forgotten by now. Even 9.4 would have been fine
>>
>>385320610
faggot game reviewers review on a 7-10 scale.
7 - game barely works, extremely short, or just painfull to look that.
8 - game runs smoothly, has at least 5 hours of
9 - game is good.
10 - game is really good.
You just have to either interpret it correctly or forgo their opinion completely.
>>
>>385320813

But games rarely get 10s
>>
>>385320991
Not rarely enough. Game should be perfect to be considered 10/10. A lot of triple A releases aren't even close to perfect by any reasonable measure, but still get a lot of 10/10, especially from IGN and lookalikes.
>>
>>385316068
>Cinematic game
>Gameplay
Kek
>>
there were a bunch of sonycum guzzling faggots shilling it as literally the best game every made, "the citizen kane" of gaming

nintendo and sonyfags should just be gassed, the only people who arent completely delusional and blindly devoted to their console seem to be xbros, and their games actually focus on gameplay, not linear faggot story shit and graphics

and i dont even own a console but at this rate i might get an xbone just to spite you absolute faggots and play halo 2 in 1080p 60fps

actually literally all i want to do is play CTF on waterworks in halo 2, that shit was fucking dope
>>
>>385321354

Get one bro. My girl bought me a one s for a gift and I like it more than I thought I would. You make good point I never noticed. All my xbro friends goin back go og xbox played every other console and pc games along with me.
>>
>>385320268
This is the reason I play on a higher difficulty, but you can't be that ignorant of the fact that there is A LOT OF artificial difficulty in that game.
>>
File: 1500518282649.gif (1MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1500518282649.gif
1MB, 500x350px
>>385318275
Right here bro, it's going to be biblical.
>>
File: 1481102351915.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481102351915.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>385315723

It brought us the best console multiplayer mode of last gen

>>385316741

This nigga knows what's up
>>
File: DAT'S GOOD.jpg (387KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
DAT'S GOOD.jpg
387KB, 666x666px
>>385318275
Me.
>>
>>385315723
>The fans act like its the first game ever to have a story and zombies.
I think the game is fine for what it is, but I never understood that either. The story is straight up Zombie 101. I guess if you put in a father/daughter dichotomy, people eat that shit up.
>>
ITT: I hate it cause its popular
>>
I've wanted to say my piece about this game for a while so I'll just go for it.
I agree that the story isn't really anything new. I think that the acting is great, the characters and their interactions are (mostly) believable and the atmosphere is solid. It's a classic story told well but it's real strength was the emotional weight it carried for many people. I think people's investment in Joel and Ellie's relationship led them to believe that the story itself was more interesting than it honestly was.
The gameplay felt great at first but while it remained enjoyable it lost me a bit as it went on. Like the story I think the gameplay relies a lot on atmosphere and once you start to look past that the flaws become more noticeable.
The AI, especially that of the infected, is actually quite easy to predict and exploit once the fear of them wears off. On a later play through I once started running around Bill's town like crazy pissing everything off and watching them, Bill and Ellie fumble around trying to figure out what to do.
I also feel like I lost something on my first play through because I didn't realize how trivial listen mode can make the game until I played on survivor.
I think the higher the difficulty, the better though even then it can become somewhat monotonous at times. Unless I threw something to get enemies on high alert they walked in obvious paths and I could usually tell pretty quickly what order I was meant to kill or avoid them in during most encounters.
I don't have much multiplayer experience but it seemed like the most enjoyable part of the game, at least to actually play. I got a bit of a pay to win feeling from the dlc weapons and was pretty put off by it. I think Naughty Dog would've been in at least some trouble over this if they were smaller and it was a different game.
TLDR: Good characters made the story seem better, AI is a bit rough, listen mode was a mistake, play on grounded, multiplayer is good but dlc weapons seem kinda cheap.
>>
>>385322426
I still dont get why people praise the Multiplayer.
The DLCs perks and weapons killed it for me.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.