[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /v/, enlighten me. Why do people play this empty simulator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (42KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42KB, 460x215px
Hey, /v/, enlighten me. Why do people play this empty simulator when other racing games exist?
>>
>>385314716
Because it's realistic. But you can play ur arcade shit with the keyboard lol
>>
>>385314949
Well, so what if it's realistic? It's still just an empty overrated autosim.
>>
>>385315164
no you
>>
>>385315571
no U, leatherman
>>
>>385314716
>AC
>simulator
>>
>>385315608
NO YOU ISAID
>>
>>385315618
well, that's what people consider it, right?
>>
Even within the simracing community AC is seen as a sterile and lifeless game. People play it because it's good for beginners. If you want more life in a similar go play Rf2, Iracing, or R3E
>>
>>385315732
why is it considered the best then?
>>
>>385314949
>I did 2 laps on nurburgring I'm racecar driver now
>>
File: ajeje.jpg (63KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
ajeje.jpg
63KB, 960x540px
>>385314716
In a town near my home there is an association that has 6 pc's in LAN that runs asssetto corsa, each on 3 screens, with wheel, gearbox and drive seat. You can pay some Euroshekels to race with your friends and it feels great, the cars act fairly and it's sim enough to not allow arcade playstyle
The circuits are the most realistic ever made since they laser scanned every inch, and i support them since they are from my country
>>
>>385314716
because a company who alegedly made simulators for ferrari made this crap
>>
>>385315956
Very few people consider AC the best. But people might consider it for a few reasons; it has one of the best modding communities since RF1, it has the most active non-scheduled/ non-league online communities in simracing, and while its devs dont always bring quality of life improvements to the game that are seen in other titles, they always support the community with professionally made content that they want to see. Kunos was the first sim studio to acquire the Porsche license since EA lost it. Also some people think PCars is the best sim. Its just about what you like the best.
>>
File: 9PJ5gDdrXwY.jpg (286KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
9PJ5gDdrXwY.jpg
286KB, 2560x1440px
>>385316005
I'm a driver irl and I also have a pretty realistic race setup. Assetto corsa is the most realistic sim game i've ever played. Play forza if you're such a dumb person
>>
>>385315732
I fell for the rF2 meme once. Never again. The feedback is absolutely awful even when comparing it to simcades like F1 2016.
>>
>>385316257
>one (1) monitor
>realistic
l m a o
>>
File: yG5WbIw6tjQ.jpg (34KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
yG5WbIw6tjQ.jpg
34KB, 480x640px
>>385316257
what the fuck are you
>>
>>385316257
>>>/o/
>>
>>385316320
I fell for the RF2 meme too. I liked the FFB after I tweaked it though. My main problem with the game was modded content. After playing R3E it just felt so lackluster, there were only 7 or so mods that lived up to the quality of that game and 3 of em you had to pay for. I really just play it for cars/tracks I cant get in Raceroom and since thats getting Porsche next week and every GT I played RF2 for its going in the trash pretty soon. Love that day/night cycle though.
>>
>>385316357
Don't need more. I perfectly see everything on the road. So yes, it's cool
>>385316448
I'm a good driver, not like keyboard plebs like you
>>
>>385316592
Are you stupid or something?
>>
>>385316561
Yeah, I can mostly chalk the FFB down to personal preference, but the low quality of the mod cars and the game's extreme reliance on them was what made me refund.
>>
>>385316871
no you
>>
assetto corsa is simcade and has no simulation value
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.