[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What bores you in video games? Have you ever played a level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
What bores you in video games?

Have you ever played a level so boring you had to put down a game? It's Sandopolis for me. I just quit playing because it was putting me to sleep.
>>
>>385291762
>level is 3 minutes long if you're not retarded
>falling asleep in 3 minutes

so you're either retarded or you suffer from some kind of sleep problems.
>>
>>385291762
Dude, the level takes less than five minutes to beat.
>>
>>385291762
Woah is that the egg golem from SA2?!
>>
File: 1497082033634.jpg (40KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1497082033634.jpg
40KB, 604x604px
>>385291865
Sure, if you've played it like 1000+ times like some kind of autistic kid.
>>
>>385291762
>What bores you in video games?

Climbing mechanics in games. Things like the new Tomb Raiders and Uncharted have these constant long-ass sequences where you just hold the stick in the direction you want to climb/shimmy, sometimes having to press the jump button. Literally the most exciting thing they do during those sections is have one part of the ledge get destroyed, to which you just jump to the next ledge or continue in a new direction. It's such boring filler in the games where the entire challenge is to just hold the stick in the same direction till it's over. Assassin's Creed also somewhat has the problem, but tries to fix it through shit like hooks, jumping up ledges faster, quick climbing animations, and even grappling hooks in some of the games. But so many modern action adventure games just have you mindlessly climb the environment and it's so fucking boring.
>>
>>385292073
I aint talking about speedrunning nigger, I'm talkign about going trough the level the first time.
If you speedrunning you probably can do it in a minute and half.
most sonic levels can be beaten in like 30 seconds when speedrunning. 3-5 minutes is for going slow the first time

if you take any longer than 5 minutes on any sonic level ever, I'm afraid you might be retarded
>>
>>385291762
I put down Bioshock Infinite after like 3 hours because it just wasn't fun or entertaining at all. Thank fuck I rented it.
>>
File: 1500511821638.gif (1009KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500511821638.gif
1009KB, 540x540px
Sandopolis is the point in S3K where you feel like the game is dragging on. It's because it takes place just after some major events in the game (Launch Base, Mushroom Hill and Flying Battery all have events going on), nothing of particular interest happen in the stage, and is just a long-ass pathway to get to Lava Reef where the climax of the story kicks in.
>>
I like Sandopolis, but waiting for that fucking miniboss to haul is ass over to the quicksand pit is awful.
>>
File: docrobots.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
docrobots.png
5KB, 256x224px
>>
>>385291762
boring combat like legend of mana
>>
>>385292424
It really is the only stage in S3K that feels like it exists to pad out the game. It's as if the devs realized that the S&K half was too short so they needed a long-ass zone as filler.
>>
File: triggered.gif (1017KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
1017KB, 480x270px
>>385292715
FUCK YOU! Doc robot stages are what makes mm3 great!
>>
I legit fell asleep playing Shadow of the Colossus one time. The game made me sleepy everytime I played it, I didn't have a good time with it.
>>
>>385294208
Same for me, I don't get the big deal about it. Maybe it was a state of the art thing that was more effective at the time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.