[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Oblivion worth replaying or do i have nostalgia googles? Same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1500734548063.png (1MB, 1027x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1500734548063.png
1MB, 1027x1176px
is Oblivion worth replaying or do i have nostalgia googles? Same thing with Morrowind.
>>
>>385277961
I played oblivion for over 100 hours and tired going back a couple weeks ago.
It's nostalgia.
Granted, it's a better fantasy setting than Skyrim because of minotaurs and all the other creatures, but it's not as good as you remember, and that's coming from somebody who can't stand to play more than ten minutes of Skyrim
>>
>>385277961
If you like shitty quests, shitty combat and shitty graphics then sure.
>>
>>385278386
is it worth trying to salvage with mods or is it really that bad? assuming you're on pc of course
>>
>>385278730
Could be worth it, I generally don't mess with mods because nowadays grad school takes up my time and I don't have time to fiddle with my files, been playing my summer car because it's a fun time sink.
If you find some mods that sound cool, go for it. Graphics and quests don't really need an overhaul so if you can find a gameplay one that would probably help. Making your own spells was my favorite when I played
>>
>>385277961

Last time I tried to play Oblivion, I got less than 10 hours in before realizing I'd rather just be playing Morrowind and then putting 80+ hours into a Morrowind replay.
>>
>>385277961
nostalgia
>>
File: IMG_0258.png (718KB, 550x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0258.png
718KB, 550x480px
>>385278730
I am currently playing through it with like 15 mods. It's amazing. Oscura's overhaul makes it so that the world isn't leveled to you. You can and will get your shit wrecked if you're not careful. Also I've got a weapons mod, flora mod, creature mod, independent fences (so I don't have to do thieves guild to sell stolen stuff), and a really nice ENB. It looks and plays way better than vanilla skyrim.
>>
File: 12287.jpg (78KB, 918x606px) Image search: [Google]
12287.jpg
78KB, 918x606px
>>385277961
I still like modding the game.
>>
>>385277961
Not sure about Oblivion, but Morrowind is definitely different from modern video games. It's not so much about fast-paced hack-n-slash gameplay as much as it is about roleplaying and experiencing the world you're living in. Think of it like books vs movies. You're meant to take your time with it, and it's not really built to be drunkenly beaten in one sitting in the same way Skyrim is.
>>
Morrowind still holds up, Oblivion isn't so good but still alright
>>
>>385280904
Ignore Oscura's Overhaul. It used to be the best game in town, but that's now taken over by Oblivion Scaling Unclusterfucked. OOO has a bunch of trash with it as well that makes it bad.
>>
>>385280904
>>385281680
WAC and MOO are other overhaul alternatives. I like them since they add visual stuff.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.