[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy thread? >List your favorite >List your least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 24

File: ff4.jpg (9KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
ff4.jpg
9KB, 230x219px
Final Fantasy thread?
>List your favorite
>List your least favorite
>How many you've beaten
>Hopes for the future

>Final Fantasy IV
>Final Fantasy II
>IV,VII,XIII ( I know I'm trying to get through most of them by the end of the year, currently playing V for GBA)
>I just really hope they give more remakes for the earlier games like they did for IV and III so they are easier to get into
>>
>>385271505
>FF IV
>FF II
>I-IX, last boss of X (in Japanese)
>I want a good remake of VI and a turn based option on all future mainline FF games
>>
>FFX
>FFII
>All but FFIX and the MMOs, including most sequels
>That they stop fucking leaving DLC sized holes in the games
>>
>X
>XIII
>Everything past XII except MMOs and II and IX
>More fantasy less modern stuff
>>
All except 15 and the MMOs obviously
The future is hopeless
>>
>>385271505

All the mainline games, and most spin-offs.

Just let FF die already. The 7R is going to be laughably bad.
>>
>>385271505
>FF VIII
>FF VI
>I-X
>I hope XV is a good game, I don't believe memes
>>
>all these parrots jumping on II
>>
>>385272936

Your favourite is VIII and your least is VI. Pretty sure your taste is shit enough to love XV.
>>
>>385271505
V
VI.
All of them but XV.
Square makes more games like 4HoL or Bravely Default.
>>
FFV
FFIX
LOL Would be cool to see an HD 3D remake of V, but that's not gonna happen.
>>
>>385271505
>Fav
FF1 (strangely enough)
>least fav
FF3
>Beaten
FF1-6, 8, 10
>hopes
alot less shitty story, more magical worldbuilding
>>
>>385273062
That's great, I was worried XV would actually be bad, Thanks lad
>>
>>385272956
Faggot. II is literally the worst game. All the mechanics are fucked and it has no redeeming qualities.

It's still FF, and I had fun with it, but when I have to specifically power train MP to not constantly run out when using the magic I have to limit myself on to keep it at least somewhat useful, it's bad game design.
>>
>FF9
>FF13
>6-10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2

A remake of 6 that doesn't look like shit would be nice. I would love to see SE learn from their previous mistakes and make a good game out of FF16.
>>
>>385272936
XV is ok and overhated.

A few late chapters are way too short, Luna never get developed enough, and combat is super casual.

But other than that, I enjoyed it.
>>
Everything that isn't an MMO
Hope is dead
>>
File: 1498963305088.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498963305088.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>385273602
>overhated
>>
>>385271505
>List your favorite
FF4
FF2
>How many you've beaten
3,4,7,9,12,15 (playing through 5 right now)
>Hopes for the future
more like FFT-A2 i love me some tictacs
>>
>>385274075
It's not as bad as XIII or II.

Its far from perfect but its still fun Anon. Even the story, presented like shit, has some great moments that get overlooked.
>>
>>385271505
>List your favorite

Mobius. I'm 100% serious.
>>
>>385274564
Which reminds me,

>>385272936
When you do play XV, make sure to listen to the radios and read everything you find. A lot of the story happens in the background which is one of its major flaws and why the whole "it has no story at all" meme exists
>>
File: 1444667601876.jpg (27KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1444667601876.jpg
27KB, 303x303px
>>385271505
>List your favorite
Final Fantasy 5. The true patrician's game.
Final Fantasy 6. Too many useless characters, main character should have been Celes, and the villian is literally an edgelord meme character.
>How many you've beaten
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12, and15 (of the numbered games. Couldn't even bother to finish the first 13th game. It literally plays the game for you.)
>Hopes for the future
I would really like to play the new Dissidia. I loved the first two games, so I hope this one will be good, too. I signed up for the beta. Hope I get picked.
>>
>>385271505
am i the only one who hate final fantasy IV?
>Nomura tier light vs darkness plot, what is this Kingdom Hearts?
>is basically a Star wars ripoff with ninjas and wizards, Golbez is Darth Vader
>Rydia becomes an adult for no reason, why couldn't we have child Rydia in our team since the beggining and watch her progression in power? because she is a child? when we have characters like Relm, being a child is no longer an excuse.
>inconsistent party members
>all the impact of seeing a character die is nullified by the fact than that character didn't died
>there is no explanation for the existance of the four demon guys (Scarmiglione, Cagnazzo, Barbariccia and Rubicante)
>"No Cecil, I am your brother" i told you, Golbez is Vader
>wait, uhh anons... who is this guy Zemus again?
>the final boss is hard as fuck, but i don't feel rewarded by defeating him because is literally a slapped in the last second villiain who i don't feel anything at all so i feel frustrated instead.
>non interesting gameplay
>magic need a shit-ton of time for charge
>deus ex machina-tier asspulls in every moment of the game like the moment when Rydia appear to help us fight Golbez
>the music is nice though
>Barbariccia is a qt
Final Fantasy VI also have problems, but at least i enjoyed it, FF II was interesting, i liked VII, i loved V despite being generic AF but the gameplay was nice, and i am playing FF IX, but of all the Final fantasy THAT I HAVE PLAYED, the one i hate the most is FF IV.
note: i haven't played FFXIII nor FFVIII and i know they are worse games, but i'm talking about the FF's i have played, if i have played FF XIII or FF VIII they would take that place, or at least FF XIII will because FF VIII have very divided opinions, maybe i like it if i play it but i don't know and i'm not sure if i want to know.
>>
File: 1491200953469.jpg (214KB, 736x986px) Image search: [Google]
1491200953469.jpg
214KB, 736x986px
>Final Fantasy thread?
At least this is not another FF5 samefagging autism thread. Maybe this one will turn out better.

>favorite
2. It's not up to everybody's taste, but it's a good game once you learn how the mechanics differ from more staple FF titles. Character customization was the biggest thing for me. I'm much more comfortable being able to train my party in any skills I want rather than being locked into classes.

>least favorite
6. It's just too overrated. Square gave us a lot of character building with FF5, then completely ditched that idea and locked the entire cast of FF6 into static classes a la FF4. I mean, sure, you can teach any character any spell, but they still have skill and equipment restrictions that force them into fulfilling certain functions.

The story is also one of the most bizarre in the series. Something about Spaghetti Western themes mixed with steampunk and a nihilistic omnicidal clown. It's only slightly worse than that shitty fanfic that was FF9.

>how many you've beaten
1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, plus some spin offs. Chocobo's Dungeon is a good series in its own right.
>hopes for the future
None. Gave up on SE right after the merger. That's approximately the time the series went downhill.

Have some character art or something.
>>
>>385271505
>Final Fantasy V, IX, X
>Final Fantasy XII, XIII, XV
>Everything but XI for main series, most of the spin-offs
>Tactics when?
>>
File: FF XV DLC.jpg (156KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
FF XV DLC.jpg
156KB, 1200x675px
so this is...

the future...

of final fantasy....
>>
>>385275449
I dislike IV and dont understand the love for it outside of nostalgia, but I still think other games are worse.

Im the faggot thats always calling it "(x) died! But not really. - The Game" I swear that shit happened to fucking everyone but Cecil at least once and it got really tiring after the first couple times.

I was waiting for an asspull to bring Tellah back by the end of it
>>
>>385275449
Also, FUCK the drop rate on the optional summons. Worst fucking thing Ive ever done in the entire series
>>
>>385275642
People dont dislike II because its different, they dislike it because the mechanics are poorly implemented.

Literally beating yourself should not be the optimal training method.
>>
>favourite
A pretty close tie between V and FFXII

>least favourite
VIII, even though I haven't completed it

>how many you've beaten
I, II, III, IV, V, VII, X, XII, XV
And played the rest to varying degrees

>hopes for the future
I'd really love a 3D VI remake a la FFIVDS, and maybe V as well. I think SE created a solid base with FFXV, so if they can build on its strengths (memorable characters, interesting world, some really good story moments near the end, great endgame dungeons) while addressing its weaknesses (empty open world, shitty hunts implementation, awful magic system, floaty and simplistic combat, far too short) then we might see a return to form for the series.
>>
>>385276439
>Literally beating yourself should not be the optimal training method.

It's not. All the remakes guarantee an HP boost after 10 battles, about the same amount of time it would take to level up and gain an HP boost in other FFs. 2 has problems, but anyone that falls for the "punch yourself in the face" meme is a goddamn idiot.
>>
>VIII
>Not sure
> Crisis Core, VII, VIII, IX, XIII, XIII-2, LR:XIII, Dissidia 012, Dissidia
>A Blitzball game filled with multiple teams form each of the games, lots of minigames and side stuff as well.
>>
>>385000000
>>
>>385271505
>X
>II or XII
>I, II, IV, X, XIII, XIII-2
>I hope XV becomes good some day, so I can finally play it without feeling gypped.
>>
>>385276439
>People dont dislike II because its different

But that is why people generally don't like the game. For every criticism of "beating yourself up," I see dozens more criticisms of not being able to run and magic not being effective, neither of which is actually the case.

Sparring with your own characters is a fast way to build stats, but if you don't want to cheese the game like that, you don't actually have to do it. Just playing naturally should give you sufficient stat boosts to survive the final dungeon. Abuse of the Swap spell is also more effective than just hitting yourself.
>>
>>385276657
Its still not as fast making attacking yourself still the best method, AND you get the every 10 battles HP bonus on top of it if I rememer right.

The only meme thing about "punch yourself in the face" is that its easier to use swap on Goblins than to literally punch yourself.
>>
>>385271505
>FFV
>FFVI
>the first ten entries
>FFV remake
>>
>>385273361
You can easily get through the game without grinding. Stop being a shitter
>>
>>385275340
Be warned. In guessing you haven't played Dissidia in a long time because the new one is a lot slower and more restrictive than the old ones. It's not the same game and you can feel it. If you're expecting the fun frantic fast paced 012 be careful.
>>
>>385276868
>attacking yourself still the best method

No it's not. Swap abuse gives you pretty much guaranteed stat gains in almost every stat at once. Beating yourself up can boost HP, stamina and weapon levels quickly, but that's all it does. How are you going to train your other stats?
>>
>>385276657
It's not the HP boost that's important, it's the stamina boost that cause HP boosts to snowball that you get from losing enough HP in a single battle, which basically never happens unless you do it to yourself. Hitting yourself in the face IS the optimal way to train HP, just like draining your MP is the optimal way to train MP - it's just not necessary to do it to beat the game.
>>
>>385277119
Destroying your own HP to level up is still retarded no matter how it's accomplished. FF2 is a bad game, but it's NOT because of the stat system's flaws, it's because of almost everything else.
>>
>>385277291
Beating your self is a way to cheese the game. If you don't grind you'll have enough stats to beat the game.
>>
>>385276862
I don't like the dungeons in FF2 really.
>>
>Final Fantasy II is the only Final Fantasy where you can truly roleplay
>Casuals hate it because of that aspect
Don't know how these people can call themselves RPG fans with a straight face
>>
>>385277563
It's not really role playing. Just you can build your characters slightly. Same problem as NA 12 though they just become amorphous op blobs with only the best skills
>>
>>385271505
>tie between 8/12
>FF13
>Beaten 4,6,7,8,9,12,13
>PC releases that I don't have to wait years for
>>
If there's any problem FF2 truly has it's heavy armor being DETRIMENTAL and ending up with you being assfucked by undead enemies due to your now garbage evasion.
>>
Favorite: Final Fantasy V
Least Favorite: II, X, and XIII-1 are atrocious but both have merits. Difficult to choose.
Beaten: Everything but CC games and MMOs.
>>
>>385277751
>You can build your characters slightly
>slightly
You can make them do whatever you want.
>>
>>385277774
And the dungeon design. And the world map enemy zones. And the keyword system. And the fact that Ultima is worthless. And the fucking dreadful fetch quests that the main storyline consists of.
There's nothing to actually like about it other than being contrarian.
>>
>>385277175
>Hitting yourself in the face IS the optimal way to train HP
You (or some other anon) said it was the optimal way to boost stats, not HP in specific.

>it's the stamina boost that cause HP boosts to snowball
HP and stamina aren't very important. Mid-to-late game foes start using drain attacks that shave off HP based on your max HP, and they ignore defense. Whether you have a little or a ton of HP makes no difference here. Evasion is the single most important stat in the entire game, and you can't (easily) boost it by hitting yourself.
>>
Why are Ultimates so much harder in Currtain Call then in the first game
>>
>>385271505
>either 5 or 7
>13
>1-10, 12, Mystic Quest and Tactics
>I hope Motomu never gets the reins again. His contributions were the first ones I didn't bother finishing.
>>
>>385271505
>List your favorite
XII, but X and IV aren't far behind.
XV
>How many you've beaten
Every mainline, and probably a good 50-65% of non-mobile spinoffs
>Hopes for the future
Considering how XV turned out, and the things they've said about future projects? None. None whatsoever.
>>
>>385271505

>VII
>XIII
>6
>That the VII remake will live up to the name and that we'll get a X-3 one day.
>>
>>385271505
Why I love Final Fantasy
FFVII FFIX FFX

These Games are Amazing
FFVI FFVIII FFV

I Really Like It
FFType-0 Dissidia 012

Okay
FFI=FFIV

Okay But Needs Work
FFXIII=FFXV

Bad
FFII

Didn't Beat It Yet
FFXII FFIII (I don't see myself playing III)
>>
>>385278441
III's DS remake isn't that bad, just get a cheat that allows you to save in dungeons so the final dungeon won't be irritating.
>>
>>385271505
>VII
>III
>I, II, VI, VII, DoC:VII, VIII, XI, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, LR:XIII, XV, Type-0
>Another turn-based FF with a compelling epic story where I have direct control over all my characters
>>
>>385277563
Yet another fuckwit that doesn't understand the difference between roleplay and self-inserting.
>>
I have never seen anyone defend FF3 as virulently as they have 2, 5, 8, 9, 12 and to a more limited extent, 13. Why is this? Is FF3 truly the sequel without a niche in the fanbase?
>>
>>385278605
All it has going for it is the job system which is done better in V
>>
>>385278605
I love FF3, but no one really talks shit about it either.
1, 3, and 5 are all in my top 5. I love the way they're structured.
>>
File: FFXV official spinoff.jpg (48KB, 852x437px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV official spinoff.jpg
48KB, 852x437px
>List your favorite
IV but that might be nostalgia talking

XV without a doubt. SO bad I refused to touch the DLC

>How many you've beaten
I, II, III, IV, IV:TAY, V, VI, VII, CC:VII, DoC:VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, XII:LR, XV, FFT, and MQ

>Hopes for the future
for the games to be good. Like SNES/PS1 era good
>>
>>385278936
Dung of cerberus gives the xv a run for its money
>>
>>385271505
Not including spinoffs:

>Entries I liked:
I, IV, VI, VII, X, XII

>Entries I hated:
II, V, VIII, IX, X-2, Lightning Returns, both MMOs

>Entries I'm lukewarm to
Everything else. fight me
>>
File: Ardyn Reviews FFXV.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ardyn Reviews FFXV.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>385279016
DoC was a spinoff so I wasn't expecting much but XV is a mainline title that was in development for TEN YEARS
>>
File: Rydia Stick.jpg (52KB, 960x510px) Image search: [Google]
Rydia Stick.jpg
52KB, 960x510px
>>385271505
>Extremely close call between IV, V, and X
>II
>Beaten I, IV, V, X, XV, Tactics Advance, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and WoFF
>Dissidia but as a traditional 2D fighter so I can use this stick with it
>>
>>385279119
I forgot to add XV to shit I hate. It's so cancerous I have almost blocked out its existence mentally.
>>
>>385279178
Yes, well the problem is they spent 10 years focusing on the tiniest of details. Although, now that I am playing TZA, I do miss the party banter slightly.
>>
>>385279385
The fuck is to miss?

"Whaa I'm tired"
"Whaa I'm cold"
"Whaa I'm hot"
"Whaa I'm hungry"
"Can I take a fucking selfie here!?"
"Whaa muh 2-line waifu"
>>
>>385279016
>>385279178
i distinctly remember playing dirge of cerberus when I was a kid and having a pretty good time. why exactly is it so disliked?
>>
>>385279385
>Although, now that I am playing TZA, I do miss the party banter slightly.

as much as I shit on FFXV it does have some good points and biggest point is the main 4 felt like bros and the banter helped that
>>
>>385271505

>6 or 10
>13
>6,7,10
>no hope after 15
>>
>List your favorite
II, IV, VII, XIV, XV

III, XII...they both bored me. I find Ivalice extremely boring.

>How many you've beaten
The first 4, VII and XV

>Hopes for the future
FFXV-2
>>
>>385279178
Ten years in which the entirety of the game's design was thrown in the trash several times.

It's literally Destiny: Final Fantasy edition, in the way the writing was ripped to shreds and re-purposed into the late cash-in we got.
>>
>>385279536
the story gets weird, level design is... "meh". Had invisible walls and double jump (which was ADDED to the US version)
>>
>>385273361
>it has no redeeming qualities
A lot of FF staples got their start in FFII. Chocobos, airships, Cid, an actual story, etc.
It's soundtrack is better than some of the other FFs.
>>
>>385275449

Rydia ages because leviathan takes her to the summons home and time moves faster there.

Being the second game to emphasize characters and a character-focused plot, I assume they were going for more of a surprise factor but wanted there to be optimism too. I prefer my characters to actually be dead, but to each their own. I feel like it's done well enough to pass.

The four elemental fiends are strictly demons that Golbez uses to slow you down and potentially kill you.

He golbez vader turn was predictable but it could've been worse.

Zemus is... filler lol.
>>
>>385278551
>>Another turn-based FF with a compelling epic story where I have direct control over all my characters

Never ever. FF fans have been asking for that since FFXI came out.
>>
Why are people posting that II is their least favourite but haven't even played it.
>favourite
probably X
>least
XIII
>beaten
VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2
>hopes
Hopefully just let the series die, hasn't been an overall good FF game since XII and even that divides opinion (though I love it).
Failing that, go back to the drawing board with the combat
>>
File: Bartz hates it!.png (606KB, 779x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Bartz hates it!.png
606KB, 779x1016px
>>385271505
>List your favorite
IV, loved it to death on SNES
tie between II and XIII
>How many you've beaten
I, II, IV, V, VII, VIII, IX, XIV 2.x, 3.x, 4.0, XV
>Hopes for the future
I just want a VI to get a decent remake, not mobile trash, and for VII remake to not be a train wreck. A PSP remake tier game would have been great for V and VI.
>>
>>385271505
>>List your favorite
Probably X
>>List your least favorite
XII
>>How many you've beaten
I, III, V, X, X-2, most of XII, XIV (as much as you can "beat" an mmo)
>>Hopes for the future
A game that goes back to the roots of the series, but is still very much its own thing.
>>
Favorite:

VII
X
Tactics
VI

Least favorite:

II
XIII

VIII gets a lot of hate. Some of which is deserved, a lot of which is not. It's biggest flaw was that it followed VII.

XV isn't great, but it's not a terrible game. It appeals to newcomers to the series..

Hopefully they take what they've learned from XV and make the VII remake much better.
>>
>>385275449

A lot of people hate IV, I recall a lot of people roasting it here on /v/ and calling it unoriginal. (When a lot of JRPGs ripped it off.)
>>
>>385279546
the entire "lmao we're such good bros" thing they tried to push felt forced as fuck tbqh mi familia. they were even drifting apart towards the end.

come to Australia if you want some actually good bantz
>>
>>385280692
>come to Australia if you want some actually good bantz

and deal with the wildlife? Fuck no.
>>
>>385278605
Despite the changes that were made to the DS version FFIII is a slow and forgetable game. It's not bad, it's just not very noteworthy
>>
>>385280935
look the aboriginals aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be
>>
>>385281016
The real people are also crazier than the wildlife though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSJCMkUa9Y
>>
>>385281016
I can deal with those.

I can't reason with Emus, exploding trees, crocodiles, Emus, big venomous spiders, and Cassowaries
>>
>playing FF3
>reach the fucking Crystal Tower part

How the fuck did they ruin such a great game hard?
>>
>>385281569
best part of the game
>>
>>385271505
I am playing through IV now and just got to the moon. How long until the end? It bores me to tears. I don't think I can play FF games before VII. V was kinda nice, maybe I'll finish it someday.
As for the questions:

>IX
>XV
>VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII trilogy, XV, also I enjoyed DoC
>let it fucking die already, we'll literally never going to get a good FF game that will bring back the feeling and VIIR is going to be trash and everyone knows this
>>
>>385281374

There's nothing wrong with spiders. They're perfectly harmless and all those stories about us are made up.
>>
>>385281569
I think it's great. At least in the NES version. The 3D version ruined it in 2 ways. First by making bosses give you full HP and MP after killing them, and second by making CoD way too hard. The dungeon itself is a joke in the 3D version, but you're almost sure to wipe against CoD your first time facing her because she's such bullshit. NES version is balanced better.
>>
>>385279950
yeah, i know why she ages in the context of the story, it's just that the context sucks, time moves faster in the eidolon world just to have an excuse to age Rydia, the time in the eidolon world could be the same as ours and Rydia could remain as a child and the story would remain the same, there is no reason to age Rydia, so she could be more powerful? as i said before, Relm was also a child and in the span of one year she learned the most powerful spells existing, the same could apply to Rydia, the game could just tell us that she is some sort of prodigy capable to learn fast, heck Palom and Porom have the same power and arsenal as adult Rydia and they are childs too, but my point is, because the party is inconsistent is hard to feel anything about your current cast, they are going to leave anyways so why feel invested in their care, Rydia should have been the exception, after all, Cecil destroyed her home and killed her mother, this game could have the subplot that Cecil have to take care of Rydia to atone for what he did to her and Rydia learning to forgive him with the passing of time, when i first played the game my favourite character was Rydia, i had hope to her character, but all her potential was wasted when the game got rid of her just to bring her back in a Deus ex machina tier asspull "oh hi Cecil and Co, remember me i'm Rydia im adul now for no reason at all lol oh and btw i can't use white magic now but now i know more black magic and summons just in time to defeat Golbez, what a luck that elemental magic is exactly his weakness" see what i mean. and the dialogue after that fight is no much better, they butchered what was supposed to be an emotional moment with, "oh hi Rydia, i though you died, wanna come to our team?" "yeah why not".
>>
>>385271505
>List your favorite
IV, III and V, in that order. Also Tactics if we include spin-offs
X, I hate that shit. Also XI and XIV because I'm not really interested in MMOs, so if they are really good games, it's my loss.
>How many you've beaten
All of them except for XII and Lighting Returns.
>Hopes for the future
Hopeless. After Dissidia NT and VII remake, Square Enix doesn't know what to do with the IP anymore. XV turned out to be mediocre.
>>
>>385281691

You've got 2 dungeons left.
>>
>>385271505
>favorite
V. I'm not a juge fan of characters that come and go constantly, I'm happy with a team of four bros doing their thing together from start to finish. Well, for the most part anyway. Plot is generic but I couldn't give less of a shit, it gave me some nice moments (Galuf, Gilgamesh) and it feels like you're on an adventure, that's all I'm asking for.
If we're counting spin-offs, I love FFT. The job system is also a major reason V made my dick hard so I was ecstatic when I started the game without knowing anything about it and seeing it was there. Other than that it's fairly similar to Tactics Ogre which I love to death.

II but I don't even hate it, it tried some things and didn't do them all that well. Doesn't make the game unplayable, at least on the newer ports. The one thing I really hate is how the fourth character will almost always be shit because he keeps fucking dying and the game gives you a new one who doesn't have shit for spells and is generally inferior to the rest of the party. Leon got his shit kicked in constantly at the end of the game, really annoying.
Again, if we're counting spin-offs, fuck Crisis Core, fucking hate this game. Everyone keeps praising the music but most of the time you hear the horrible fucking metal music they throw at you during fights. Gameplay-wise it's annoying, it doesn't know what the hell it wants to be, it's an action RPG but it kept some stupid shit from the turn-based games like those undodgeable, unblockable attacks bosses throw at you. They just trigger a cutscene and you watch Zack get his shit kicked in. Then you get up, heal and you go back to backstabbing every enemy and/or spamming ice spells on stationnary enemies, big fucking deal. Don't get me started on the slot machine shit. Fuck this game.

>How many you've beaten
I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, Type-0, Crisis Core, Dissidia, Tactics.

>hopes
Finding the time and motivation to play the ones I haven't touched yet.
>>
>game has a female character who has a blacksmith as father and is his apprentice
>Square tells me to convert her to a White Mage

Why is this allowed?
>>
File: 1497304395304.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1497304395304.png
367KB, 568x454px
>Tfw my favorite Final Fantasy just recently got a remaster.
>It's for PS4 only.
Feels really fucking awful.
>>
>>385281707
I don't want to kill you, but I swear, if you keep coming to my house...
>>
>>385280253
You know what I want? A V remake on the 3DS using BD's aesthetics and engine.
>>
>>385284502
huh? which one are you talking about?
>>
File: that fucking sumerian.png (140KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
that fucking sumerian.png
140KB, 565x600px
>>385285316
>FF5 remake
>Move the bonus dungeon jobs to earlier in the game so people can actually fucking use them

Finally getting Necromancer in FF5A was so disappointing holy shit.
>>
>>385285510
>implying they will ever do that
>>
I'm currently going through all the Ivalice games.

I just beat Tactics and holy fuck was it good. Currently starting FFXII.

Going from Ramza to Vann is depressing to say the least.
>>
>>385279894
The novelty of it starting trends that just happened to stick do not make it inherently good. It's a shitty game that aged like milk and everybody needs to accept this.
>>
I wanna get into FFV. Which platform does it play best on? I believe there is a SNES, GBA version, as well as a smartphone remake, which is also the pc version?
>>
File: build up!.gif (956KB, 320x216px) Image search: [Google]
build up!.gif
956KB, 320x216px
>>385271505
>FFT
>FFII (i like the characters and story but the stupid fucking leveling mechanic ruins it)
>i've played all of the main series games, but i've beaten I, III, IV, VII, FFT, VIII, IX, X, XV. i liked the older ones better but i had fun with em all. pretty damn close to beating V and VI as well, they were great. zodiac age is cool too.
>FFIV DS style remakes of V and VI, also Agrias in Dissidia NT pls
>>
>>385288519
GBA with snes music and improved graphics hack

Smartphone version has alright gameplay, it's based on the gba version and the music is good. Too bad the fucking graphics ruin it.
>>
>>385288519

GBA is generally considered the best, though some people are offput by the audio quality.
>>
>>385288026
You're not really going from Ramza to Vaan.

you're going from Ramza to Balthier. The man literally introduces himself to you as the real main character.
>>
File: cloud-and-tifa.jpg (1MB, 1273x1123px) Image search: [Google]
cloud-and-tifa.jpg
1MB, 1273x1123px
>>385271505
VII
XIII
Just VII and X so far. Close to finishing IX.
I hope the VII remake will turn out not shit.
>>
>>385288757

Hmm, gonna have to look up how to get the GBA version with the SNES audio
>>
>>385288519
GBA has butchered sound, PC/mobile has butchered graphics, take your pick, it's an excellent game either way
>>385285483
Zodiac age probably
>>
File: Ramza1.jpg (65KB, 346x622px) Image search: [Google]
Ramza1.jpg
65KB, 346x622px
>>385288802
Balthier's cool. I like everybody except Vann and Penelo really.

But god damn I love this motherfucker.
>>
>>385288885

So what does SNES have? The good audio, but what makes GBA better on other fronts?
>>
>>385271505
>FFXV
>FFXV
>FFXV
>Sora in Dissidia
>>
>>385288924
same. he's definitely one of my favorite vidya protagonists in any game. FFT had great characters in general tho.
>>
>>385271505
>4
>2
>4
>i dunno

I've never played anything past 6. How is 5?
>>
>>385288940
GBA fixed the translation, added some more jobs, and a bonus dungeon if that's your jam
>>
>>385288949
>Sora in Dissidia
my african american brother
>>
>>385288940

Translation, extra content, and better battle backgrounds.
>>
File: 9pvo0h.jpg (58KB, 617x800px) Image search: [Google]
9pvo0h.jpg
58KB, 617x800px
Post favorite final bosses
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>385289627
even if this fucker was shoehorned, the battle theme is OBJECTIVELY the best final boss theme in any FF game
>>
File: FFCC-Raem2nd.jpg (12KB, 238x329px) Image search: [Google]
FFCC-Raem2nd.jpg
12KB, 238x329px
>>385289627
>>
>>385289627
honestly felt too easy. Wiegraf kicked my asshole in half a dozen times, but I shit on Ultima in one go.

The balance in that game goes to hell in the later half.
>>
>>385290119
then dont use dont use orlandeau
>>
>>385281842
The problem with the whole feymarch time thing is it was supposed to show how Rydia grew as a person, and how she interacts with the monsters themselves, who seem to treat her as family and vice versa. The obvious problem was they didn't show it. It should've been the one thing they actually added to the DS Remake. Nope here's a random Pokemon for Rydia and here's a pointless scene with the main 3 being kids so Golbez can be named after Roosevelt.

Who knows how it would've been, SE has completely mishandled Rydia's character in basically everything since getting the massive boner for 4.
>>
>>385290119
After just finishing the game, I can agree with that. Even Wiegraf is too easy if Ramzas BRV is too high. I killed him in one turn with Two Swords.

>>385290168
There's a million things that break the game unfortunately besides Orlandeau. It's all in the ability combinations.
>>
>>385290168
He's not even the most busted in game. Calculators with Black Magic are.

He's EZ modo, but by the end you pretty much have a rapesquad preped and ready anyways. His sword is massive bullshit in general, so even Agrias can basically be mini Orlandeau if you wanted.
>>
>>385271505
>V
>VIII
>First 10, Dissidia 012 if that counts
>Good remakes of V and VI
>>
>>385290341
>>385290403
so then if you wanted a bigger challenge, dont use an overpowered team. fft has a fuck ton of customization, so you can still make something viable without being overpowered.
>>
>>385288940
Try to find a version of the GBA game patched with the SNES music
>>
>>385271505
>FF3 (12 is a close second)
>FF1 (really doesn't age well and the remake bonus dungeons are dumb)
>All mainline except any of FF13 or 15, and FFT.
>More FFT, or square enix to go back in time and make the mobile/steam ports of FF5/6 not have ugly graphics
>>
>Type 0
>XV
>Type 0, XV (playing through X and VII, buying XII eventually)
>Stop announcing stuff early, don't let Tabata design anything combat related
>>
>>385275449
>like the moment when Rydia appear to help us fight Golbez
That shit was the hypest shit ever. Fuck you and your shit taste.
>>
>>385275449
FF is full of deus ex machina moments
The biggest offender for me will forever be squall and rinoa magically finding a spaceship in their last few minutes of their life, said ship actually having air and being functional enough to get sent back to Earth
>>
>>385271505
>6
>13
>Fucking all of them
>Looking forward to the Ivalice Raid theme in xiv when it comes out.
>>
>>385280505
/v/ has this terrible habit of judging super old games with modern standards. IV was a trend-setter of modern JRPG, a gorillion of the things people usually complain about IV actually originated on IV. There's a reason Japan loves IV so much, because for it's time, it was revolutionary in many aspects.
>>
>>385290549
Yup, thinking of using a Monk only playthrough next.

I can play through this game a million times over and not get bored
>>
>>385290568
>the remake bonus dungeons are dumb
They're fucking stupid but I kind of enjoy them because of that, they could get really goofy sometimes. 40 floors (for the FFVI one if I remember correctly) was definitely overkill though, it overstays its welcome after a while.
>>
>>385290740
yeah, thats what i love about fft. party customization is through the fucking roof and i wish there were more SRPGs like it
>>
>>385290549
But the OP shit is the fun shit.
I love leveling ninja's just so I can do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZSoJDUD_bU
>>
>>385290983
again, thats whats great about fft. your party is exactly what you want it to be.
>>
>>385281842
If Rydia had remained a child but somehow also became super duper strong just like that you'd be complaining instead about how much of an asspull that is instead.
>>
File: my dick.jpg (70KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
my dick.jpg
70KB, 500x403px
>>385289882
>that theme
>>
>>385290168
Artificial restrictions aren't fun.
>>
>>385289882
V's final battle theme is better
>>
File: setzer.jpg (67KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
setzer.jpg
67KB, 800x600px
>>385289101
>fixed the translation

Woolsey's renditions were part of the charm of old FF games though. No doubt he just made up half the scripts himself
>>
>>385290257
The game told us that Rydia grew as a person, but the game should have show us how she grew as a person, that what character development is, something that the game doesn't know
>>385290609
That moment was an asspull check>>385281842
>>
>>385289882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mDpOaY7ugg

And here's objectively the best version.
>>
>>385279536
I remember having problems with Vincent's fucking hair covering a ton of my screen when you moved from right to left.
>>
>>385271505

>FFV
>FFXIV

>I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIV ARR

>More high-fantasy. Maybe remake of FFI as a reboot of the series
>>
File: 1499544611984.gif (2MB, 268x336px) Image search: [Google]
1499544611984.gif
2MB, 268x336px
>X
>XV
>All except 8 bit and 16bit FFs
>Either series dies, is given to a company more competent, or they really embrace their roots and give smaller, more linear, but tighter Fantasy experiences with well-told stories and complex worlds.
>>
>>385291141
Complaining about that is as stupid as complaining about Relm learning ultima when she is still 11 years old, you didn't even readed my post right? If the game give me time to know and care about Rydia then i wouldn't mind because i can see her progression throughout the game and it would feel natural, besides there is Palom and Porom and i didn't complained about them.
>>
File: 1492552088548.jpg (20KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1492552088548.jpg
20KB, 326x326px
>>385289882
>2 big bangs in a row
>>
>>385292171
WHATS THIS FROM PLEASE
>>
File: ce4.gif (1MB, 322x166px) Image search: [Google]
ce4.gif
1MB, 322x166px
>>385294487
Don't recognize the scene, but probably related to Final Fantasy World
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.