[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/ I've been looking into darkest dungeon and I love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: DEtfJjrWAAEO6yY.jpg (105KB, 915x736px) Image search: [Google]
DEtfJjrWAAEO6yY.jpg
105KB, 915x736px
Hey /v/
I've been looking into darkest dungeon and I love the artstyle and atmosphere of the game very much
I'm just wondering what you guys think of the game in its current state. After about a year and a half after its official release, is it worth playing?
>>
>>385269641
A SINGULAR STRIKE
>>
>>385269641
yeah i got it on the summer sale. great game in all honestly butt it feels a bit like a mobile game in its execution. like its supposed to be played on a tablet
>>
>>385269971
>>385269751
Any suggestions on where I should start? I feel like its a lot to get into and there's a lot to lose if I just go in blind.
>>
>>385270137
I disagree actually. I just got the game and went in blind and there's certain things that would lose their fun if you didn't discover them yourself, like which items activate which curios properly or which parties should go to fight which boss.

It's a pretty good game but near the end it gets really annoying and grindy. You'll constantly be losing squads who try DD missions which means you'll constantly be doing shitty procedural generated dungeons just to get your roster up to a point where you can do DD missions. Even then there's only 4 of them, predesigned dungeons that is. Everything else is procedural generated, which isn't the worst at first but after doing the DD mission which aren't I realized what a waste it was that the majority of the game is played in shitty pregened dungeons.
>>
>>385270137
The game is extremely stupid in this regard, you are punished very heavily for going in wanting to discover things on your own. You pretty much have to consult a wiki or guide before challenging any boss as a bad party makeup screws you over. Curios are the exact same way, consulting a guide is the way to go
There are many ingame mechanics designed to prolong your grind which is the main thing I have a problem with, some of them can be modded out. I do think it's a good game that is mostly carried by details such as the narration, art style, music, and general atmosphere but the game has a lot of grind and RNG issues.
>>
>>385271375
I don't even think there are that many RNG issues because the game gives you ways to mitigate them. The issue stems from what you said about it punishing you for discovering things on your own. If you DARE to attempt a boss without reading a guide you must do so knowing you will probably be running/losing someone, which increases the already massive grind.
>>
>>385271694
I'm just salty because I've lost about 7 people and pretty much none of them survived a single hit at death's door
Also I had a champion DOOT skeleton get a 17 damage crit on every single attack it made in one fight at full torchlight
>>
damn right it is. I just watch the gf play and she has turned her game into a theme park of them and loot.

Sometimes we loose whole teams and she starts cussing a storm. But most of the time she makes foreword progress.

I am can play shooters but rng managment makes me nervous
>>
>>385269641
If you like FTL you'll like this.
>>
>>385269641

It was always a shitty mobile game trying to pretend it's some hardcore dungeon crawler
>>
UNNERF JESTER
>>
>>385269641

protip: if you see a shambler's altar, be sure to drop a torch on it, especially if you're low on health and high on stress. It heals stress for free so you don't have to use the town
>>
>>385273945
This.
And nerf Flagellant. Too stronk.
>>
>>385271181
The new DLC has massive, non-random dungeons that your progress saves in
>>
I've been debating on getting it myself, its still on sale right?
>>
>>385274405
>its still on sale right?
Nada.
>>
File: 1486938132455.jpg (311KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1486938132455.jpg
311KB, 864x1152px
>>385273945

This

Also rebalance the Crusader and the Leper
>>
>>385269641

CONTINUE THE ONSLAUGHT

DESTROY

THEM

ALL
>>
>>385270137
Google darkest companion, all you need baby
>>
>>385275052
Hey, thanks! This will probably streamline half of it, I'd guess
>>
>>385269641
I picked it up on the steam summer sale and I've been loving it so far. I've been trying my hardest to keep Reynauld and Dismas alive as long as I can. There have been a few close calls but otherwise, so far, so good.

Favorite Classes:
>Flagellant
>Occultist
>Antiquarian

Least Favorite Classes:
>Abomination
>Grave Robber
>Highwayman

I've purposefully been avoiding starting the Crimson Court DLC as long as I can so I don't have to deal with the Crimson Curse.
>>
>>385273749
>XD

Fuck off with this post jesus
>>
>>385269641
Check out this review, OP. Anderson reviews are amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Buwei6ZWqU

He's gone from 400/mo to like 4000/mo on Patreon in less than a year. Great analysis.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.