[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we all in agreement that Ori and the Blind Forest the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ori and the blind forest.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
ori and the blind forest.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
Are we all in agreement that Ori and the Blind Forest the best platformer of all time?
>>
That's not Super Mario Bros. 3 for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
>>
>>385264460
>no enemy variety
>pretentious too sad and deep for u artstyle and story
>awful combat

Nope. Hollowknight is better.
>>
>>385264662
It's not about combat, it's about movement. Like Sonic.

Hollowknight is just a Duck Tales rip off.
>>
>>385264662
>>385265047
Its got great movement, great visuals, good soundtrack but the combat and enemy variety was shit. As a platformer its good, level design isn't that great or challenging though
>>
>>385265047
Never mind I was thinking of Shovel Knight
>>
>>385265165
The level design is great and the game is genuinely tough. It felt like the game was inspired by Super Meat Boy.

The story sucks but it's a fucking platformer.

The enemies are few and mainly exist to be predictable so they can be used as level design tools.
>>
>>385264460
No.
That's retarded.
Stop being retarded.

It IS a damn good game

But stop being a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1489118972366.jpg (196KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
1489118972366.jpg
196KB, 600x587px
>>385264460
>best platformer of all time

Doesn't exist. Too many good platformers.
>>
>>385265898
I've played most major platformers over the past 30 years and I think it's the height of the genre.

Someone took three of the best platforming games of all time - Super Metroid, Rayman Origins, Super Meat Boy - and combined their best elements and turned it into one fucking amazing game.
>>
>>385264460
Why was this game overhyped and overrated as fuck again?
>>
>>385264460
Best 2D platformer.
>>
File: 1500995629406.jpg (29KB, 954x636px) Image search: [Google]
1500995629406.jpg
29KB, 954x636px
>>385264460
I think there's a fair argument to call games like Ori, Pyre ... don't know of another as well done example as overdesigned, or overdrawn, or simply to say that there's something lost in translation when you consider the skill with which they're crafted and overall impression they make. Ori in particular is a bad example of "good" art design - it's an extreme example of saturation, endless shimmering and wavering, quick and elegant brush strokes to the point a lot of its personality gets muddled.

This may well be a purely subjective perspective and not something I can defend coherently, but I'm fairly certain it often comes from outlines, strokes of the pen when figures are drawn in these games. They seem to lose nuance while indulging in their skills (the art team). It was similar with Diablo 3 vs Diablo 2, D3 had (among other things) these watercolor backdrops, fluttering robes and distinct lack of contrast that made it look worse than the gritty style of Diablo 2 which looked like a more painstaking effort.

Then again I'm someone who thinks that golden age for video games was when low-poly was having its heyday. Simply put I didn't play Ori because I don't like how it looks.
>>
>>385266740
You mean La-Mulana, Mario 64 and Tomb Raider 3? Because Ori has nothing to do with them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.