[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started playing Path of Exile in open beta and left it right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: poe.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
I started playing Path of Exile in open beta and left it right before they started making temporal leagues.

I just tried again last week because I saw that everybody was hyped about the new acts and so. And I need to say:

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK HAPPENED?

Did GGG just fucking fired the whole balance team and replace it with monkeys or what? Literally 90% of all builds are completely broken at the moment. Back in the days to get a clear speed that 90% of the popular builds have you had to spend almost 900 exalts in perfect rolled gears with the perfect mods and even then most of the fast clearing builds were pretty damn risky.

Right now you can just spend ~5 chaos orbs and get the same, if not faster, clear speed. And you are ten times tankier than before.

Back in the days if a build got really popular and toxic the skill or item that enabled that build would just get nerfed fast.
>>
>>385256884
>Literally 90% of all builds are completely broken at the moment.
That's how ARPGs always worked.

Screw "Muh Balance" bullshit, let me break your system and have fun with it for fuck sake.
>>
But you can kill shaper with your shitty ass build?
>>
>>385256884
That's literally correct since there's hundreds+ builds like that.

The balance is probably the best of all games on the planet right now.
>>
>>385257090
>>385257462

PoE was supposed to be a hardcore ARPG that you had to be worry of the mods a blue pack had.

Right now leveling in PoE is pretty much braindead. You just get firestorm or blade vortex and press that button while walking trough a corridor.

My guess is that instead of nerfing OP builds they just decided to make everything fucking broken because they got lazy.

This game is so fucking casual in comparison with close beta that it surprises me.
>>
>>385257175
I've seen people killing shaper with builds that cost less than 1 exalt for fucks sake.
>>
how much is a low rolled legacy shavs worth
>>
>>385257660
>good builds should cost a lot waaaaahhhhhh
>>
poe is a legit one of few online games that gets better with updates, instead of worse

if you feel that you need to roll 900 chaos orbs on single item just to progress through merciless, there is something wrong with you
>>
>>385259258
>better with updates
Lol.
>>
>>385259357
How is he wrong?
PoE has only improved over time
>>
>>385257570
>Right now leveling in PoE is pretty much braindead.
Leveling has always been braindead, so I guess they failed right from the start.

>This game is so fucking casual in comparison with close beta that it surprises me.
ARPGs are not a hardcore genre, no matter how much you want to pretend that they are. Any scrub can look up a cookie cutter build and hammer out a few hours a night and play the game about as well as someone spending thousands of hours on it.

ARPGs are not, and have never been, skill intensive games. They're RPGs, where almost everything is numbers-based and your greatest accomplishments are largely gained from lucky drops or an investment of time.
>>
>>385257570
>PoE was supposed to be a hardcore ARPG that you had to be worry of the mods a blue pack had.
Power creep. They kept making new skill gems, new uniques, new mods, new ways to add mods to gear, new gear bases, whole bunch of new stuff. Mobs stayed mostly the same while players got progressively more and more powerful.

It's not the hardcore game it used to be.
>>385259605
>They're RPGs, where almost everything is numbers-based
that's his point. the numbers now are insanely higher than they were in beta/early release. if you forgot to upgrade your flasks once you hit the prereq level, chances are you'd die. if you didn't roll instant healing flasks, chances are you'd die. if you didn't pay attention to capping resistances, chances are you'd die. if you didn't upgrade your weapon frequently, chances are you'd die. if you didn't grind ledge/sarn when you needed to, chances are you'd die. Nowadays you throw on a tabula and that's literally all you need to carry you through merc. you had to PAY ATTENTION back in the day.
>>
>Beta version
Freezing pulse destroys everything, easy, cheap.

>Release
CoC chars, LL spectral throw, they one shot things

>1.x.x
CoC, LL rainbownuke, 99% fire/cold/lightning resistance with 100% flask uptime, facetank anything

>about to be 3.0
more diverse builds, lots of strong ones, basically, people figured out the mechanics of the game and items entirely

Game was so hard, mane.
>>
>>385259928
>you had to PAY ATTENTION back in the day.
I distinctly remember just pouring stats into Life% and Max Life and afk leveling characters while binge watching other shit, so that's definitely hyperbole.

The only time I would even die was during one of the many massive desyncs that would occur.

Also you definitely didn't need to keep upgrading your weapon, at all. You got something with solid slots and usually lasted a while.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.