[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone on v even still play botw? Surely you must be bored

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone on v even still play botw? Surely you must be bored by now? I stopped playing months ago. Game of the year my ass, absolutely no replay value.
>>
I still like to pick it up and look for Korok seeds and play my second play through in Master mode. More than 175 hours here.
>>
>>385255980
I still enjoy it a lot.
>>
eh, I've only "kinda" stopped playing it recently, after 210+ hours, and only because my wife is now on her first playthrough.

Gotta keep in mind that I only started playing it a month or so ago.
>>
>>385255980
I thought it'd had little to no replay value. But after replaying the game to try out the master mode, I no longer think so.
The experience of exploration isn't the same on subsequent playthroughs, which I thought would kill the game. But it's actually really fun to use your knowledge from your accumulated experience and familiarity with Hyrule to plot your course and objectives. What to aim for. What to prioritize. And to exploit the living fuck out of anything using all of your knowledge.
>>
I got all the Shrine orbs, but only 40~ koroks.

Doing the Sword trials now.
>>
>>385255980
The only people that still post Botw threads are butthurt shitposters like you that can't learn to let go.
>>
280+ hours, currently beating Hero mode. Still GOTY.
>>
it's a singleplayer game, you have to stop at some point.
>>
>>385255980
I got 117 shrines and 3 weapons away from completing the compendium, I love the game
>>
>>385258179
Tbh this is my first, and ill agree ppl are obsessed and they never even played the game. But i actually got it and was kinda dissapointed. Maybe just not my kinda game then. But it feels kinda hollow. And i have no desire to spend more money to make the gamer better
>>
>>385255980
Me. I started a new playthrough because of Master Mode. I'm having a great time with it.
>>
>>385255980
Replaying it right now anon. I'm sorry you don't enjoy it as much
>>
Is it CEMU playable yet?
>>
File: 1497074409260.png (3MB, 1996x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1497074409260.png
3MB, 1996x1034px
Is DLC worth it? I enjoyed the game and want to hop back into it but the sword trials and difficulty spike don't seem like they're worth the price of admission
>>
>>385255980
Can't wait until HZD gets GOTY over this turd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKeAAdjZYAs
>>
>>385260509
How is me shitting on botw being a shill? Guess what? Every fucking major video game company is shit now
>>
>>385255980
I'm on my second playthrough as I didn't collect all orbs/memories before fighting Ganon. It's been just as fun as the first as I've had nearly no other option other than to take a different path, even if I'm doing the beasts in the same order I did last time.

Plus I'll have the master mode to dick around with next, but will likely not put as much dedication into that over the same short time span as I have with my previous files.

It will get 'old', but will likely never not be fun. Much like Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, I'll have to wait 6mo or probably more before I can truly enjoy playing through it a third time.

Considering it can be beaten in less than a couple hours with minimal skill after leaning the basics, I'm honestly more inclined to do a quick play of BotW over an overly complicated glitch run of OoT or some other Zelda game.
>>
I enjoyed it, finished the game, and moved on months ago.

Personally I don't think replayability is something every game absolutely has to have, and as a one playthrough game it did everything I wanted minus the shitty dungeons.
>>
>>385255980
i was bored after 22 hrs. surprised i put that much time in the game.
>>
>>385255980
It's literally one of the most comfy game worlds ever created. Sometimes I like to just saddle up my horse and go sightseeing across Hyrule and find a decent view to watch the sunset. I still find new shit and new areas I've never been to quite regularly.
>>
Call me reddit but ocarina of time has massive replay value for whatever reason. The dungeons are just so fun. In my lifetime i must have beaten it dozens of times. Meanwhile MM has a cooler idea but dungeons and annoying little aspects of the game deter me from replaying. The shrines in botw are fucking awful. No replay value.
>>
I put about 70 hours into it, finished it, and took a break since there was a lot of other titles coming out.

I'm planning on going back to it eventually this year and finishing up sidequests/shrines for the December DLC.
>>
I want to start over on my pc when emulation finally doesn't need the shitty CPU fence hack to run it at full speed
>>
>>385263730
It felt like i explored the whole world in like 12 hours and after that i couldnt find anything new desu. Maybe ur just dumb and dont recognize the same shit uve already seen?
>>
>>385255980
Nah, it's still great.

Taking a small break from it for now, will get to finishing master mode later.
>>
>>385258324
you can play games like new vegas forever
>>
>>385263910
Maybe I just appreciate game design more than you and had more fun. Who's the loser here?
>>
>>385263910
>ur
>uve
Retarded fucking phoneposter, kill yourself.
>>
I still pick it up and look for more shrines now and then, but I put 140 hours into so I couldn't possibly pretend there isn't enough game there. At some point you've got to stop playing.
>>
>>385255980
I bought my Switch for couch multiplayer Mario Kart and Bomberman, so this really doesn't affect me.
>>
>>385264789

Even without replaying it the game is like 150 hours long so OP is kind of an ass.
>>
I still haven't even beaten it
>>
>>385258660
Op is actually a real person and not a shitposter, thats rare.

Sorry it wasnt your cup of tea m8. I got 107 hours out of it and am looking forward to a 2nd play when I get a Switch
>>
>>385260464
Its priced including the story / dungeon content coming in Winter.

Im holding off until then
>>
>>385255980
You don't replay it. You keep playing the same file if you like the game.
I dropped it, though. I still have faith in Nintendo that the next one will have content that isn't repeated all over the place and a broken combat system, but BotW was a real disappointment.
>>
>>385255980
I played my first playthrough in early March

Then I started playing master mode in early July

A solid 3 month break combined with new content really made the game feel fresh again, and I rarely replay games these days. At this point I've put well over 200 hours into it and I still love the shit out of it. It has its share of problems, but the world more than makes up for it
>>
It's fun when you start out. It feels like you got a diverse world ahead of you, filled to the brim with variety and memorability. In actuality, though, these things were left out to make room for what I termed equalized exploration experience. You can wander into any direction and don't have disadvantages as a consequence of it. Of course this is counter-intuitive to what you'd usually expect, but neither Nintendo nor reviewers cared for that.
>>
>>385267757
>You can wander into any direction and don't have disadvantages as a consequence of it.
To an extent. You can't go deep into Hebra or the desert at the beginning of the game, you'll get your ass kicked by the elements
>>
>>385267849
>To an extent
To a large extent.
>>
I was in the middle of my second run, going for 100%, when the drive just completely died. Maybe I'll continue next year.
>>
>>385264047
Why would anyone keep playing that boring ass game?
>>
I kind of stopped once I hit a hundred shrines after doing a casual run through of the open world. At that point I decided I should clear the last 20 as well so that I can have the classic outfit to defeat Ganon with. I found 10 more just from checking shrine less parts of the map but I now need to use a guide for the remaining 10. That shit is extremely unfun, but I bet it'll be more fun to have basically 100%ed the game the moment I defeat Ganon rather than beating him now and having to clean up the last few shrines. Down the road I plan on doing another playthrough on master mode maybe where I limit climbing, try to ride my horse everywhere, and do not grind shrines - only do the ones which are readily available, and don't upgrade armor. That way it'll be a like an open ended adventure, traveling from dungeon to dungeon and straight into Ganons castle as soon as I'm done. It'll be more difficult and I'll have to be better at the actual gameplay.
>>
stopped playing after getting every shrines and beating ganon, I don't feel like playing it after that. 230hours to finish it I'd say it was worthwhile
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.