[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game has multiple types of swords >they don't all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2772.jpg (85KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2772.jpg
85KB, 1300x957px
>game has multiple types of swords
>they don't all do the same function
Why are game developers so retarded these days? A sword does what a sword does, it can't be derived.
>>
because you would be bored playing the same weapon the entire game you fucking retarded cunt i hope you die you pile of shit how fucking stupid are you
>>
What about small, thin rapiers and large two handed claymores?
Would you expect them both to behave in exactly the same fashion OP?
There are different types of sword for different jobs. Some are meant for prolonged fighting against enemies in little to no armor, some are meant to pierce metal and the mail underneath it in a single hard thrust.
>>
>>385244948
But then it wouldn't be realistic.
>>385245361
>rapiers
>swords
They're spears dumbfuck
>>
>>385245707
its a fucking video game its not suppose to be realistic you dumb cunt you wanna see realism go outside and breath air till you die like the waste of space you are fucking garbage shit
>>
File: dadadadsa.png (144KB, 368x444px) Image search: [Google]
dadadadsa.png
144KB, 368x444px
Dont mind me, im just poking this guy with heavy armor with my katana
>>
>>385246045
Why would a katana be less effective then any other sword?
You hold them the same way, why would they be different?
>>
>>385246579
It's light and designed for quick strikes, don't think it'd be effective against a heavy armor.
>>
>>385246579
Shape, weight, length, material its made of, etc.

Are you going to tell me that a katana and a Zweihander are the same?
>>
File: IMG_1445.jpg (49KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1445.jpg
49KB, 362x346px
>>385245707
>Rapiers
>Spears
>>
File: SD274_and_SD276.jpg (66KB, 1228x547px) Image search: [Google]
SD274_and_SD276.jpg
66KB, 1228x547px
>>385245707
Rapiers are in fact thin thrusting swords commonly used throughout mainland Europe during the 1600-1700s. They are often depicted in Errol Flynn movies or things like The Three Musketeers.
Pic related contains two spanish rapiers, the rightmost of which was a commonly produced sidearm for musketeers during the reign of King Louis XIII of France.
>>
>>385246756
If you strike the armor quick enough it would break, making it effective
>>385246836
What the fuck is a zweihander?
>>385246852
>swords
>slash
>spears
>stab
>rapiers stab, not slash
So rapiers are spears.
>>
>>385246990
Literally every single line you wrote here is wrong
>>
>>385246926
>thin thrusting
Like spears, which further proves my claim that rapiers are spears
>>385247079
How?
>>
>>385246990
>guaranteedreplies.txt
>>
>>385244587
Not all swords are designed for the same purpose or fighting technique. A thrusting sword - such as an estoc - is suited for armored targets. A single-edge sword - such as a falchion or a cutlass - is suited for lightly armored targets. A wide range of functionality exists between these two: examples being arming swords or broadswords. A game may not necessarily reflect these differences in its design, but don't act like games that do reflect this do so without a basis in reality.
>>
File: 00000394.jpg (162KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
00000394.jpg
162KB, 600x849px
>>
>>385246579
Katanas have a long hilt to give them a good balance for swinging cuts and are slightly curved so that whenever any point of the blade first comes into contact with a surface during a swing an immense amount of force is focused on a single small area. Any movement by either party after this point results in more of the sword's edge coming into contact with its target with a view to cause more damage and cut more after the initial strike. This design is extremely effective against flesh, bone and in some cases wood but has very limited success against any metal armour because a human can't physically swing the sword hard enough to effectively cut the harder material. Stabbing with katana is also less ideal than other swords because the curved design puts a lot of stress on the blade's inner curve and may make it break or bend.
>>385247374
I know you're baiting but I like chatting about old weapons so let me ask you a question, how short does a spear's handle have to be before it's a knife?
>>
>>385247707
>""""""different types""""""
>they all look the same
So they should all have the same function
>>
>>385247980
1 foot
>>
File: IMG_1920.png (78KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1920.png
78KB, 2000x2000px
>>385246990
>>swords
>>slash
>>spears
>>stab
What about weapons that do both?
>>
>>385248382
They stash.
>>
>>385248382
There are none
>>
>>385248254
What if it's even shorter though, and the stabby bit made of metal is longer? Or stranger still, what if there's not really a handle at all and instead there's just a bit of wood glued to the blunt end of the spear head?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.