[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Nintendo makes the only good turn-based game of all-time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: mario.png (64KB, 335x293px) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
64KB, 335x293px
>Kills it after 2 installments
>>
Yes it's sad.
>>
>>385228247
Mario & Luigi has more than two games, though
>>
>>385228247
sometimes change isn't a good thing. this series proves by just altering a few simple elements of game play and fantasy the whole thing goes to shit.
>>
>>385229167
/Thread
>>
>>385228247
But SMRPG was made by square, not nintendo.
>>

Sorry anon, but:

Paper Mario 1-2 battles are slow and boring
Bad level scaling
>>
>>385228247
SMRPG is still my all-time favorite turn-based game.
I've played a few of the 'paper mario' games in the series but none were as good as SMRPG.
>>
File: 1449589294049.jpg (296KB, 700x971px) Image search: [Google]
1449589294049.jpg
296KB, 700x971px
>Nintendo hasn't done a single thing worthwhile in over 15 years
>>
>>385229670
If it was either of the two games after Super Paper Mario, then you played the worst games in the series.
If you played anything before or including Super, your point stands.
The decline is that bad.
>>
>>385228247
Pokemon was killed after 2 installments, but they revived it with the 4th
>>
>>385229601
>Bad level scaling
Bad bait.
>>
>>385229871
What was wrong with Hoenn?
>>
File: 1474250304777.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474250304777.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>385229871
>Gen 3
>Worse than Gen 4
Collecting Pokemon-wise maybe, but I consider them about equal (if we're counting all the games. If we're just counting just new games and not remakes then Gen 3>Gen 4).
>>
>>385229840
This
>>385229871
But, Ruby was the best pokemon
>>
>>385228247
>>Nintendo makes the only good turn-based game of all-time
the state of nintendo fags
>>
>>385229871
>Revived with 4

NOt only were Gen 5 truly amazing games, but because mass media hated them for being different, the negative publicity put pokemon back in the spotlight. Nobody gave a shit about D/P or even platinum, and the only Gen 4 game that got mass appeal was HGSS, A remake of Gen 2 strictly on nostalgia alone.

Hate to admit it but Genwunners only care if the thigns they grew up with are present. Look at Gen 6 sales compared to 5, and now look at shit like Pokemon go.
>>
>>385228247
Did Nintendo make fft?
>>
>Trying to start shit

Fuck off OP, Paper mario, SMRPG and Mario and luigi are all good series, The only bad installments are Paper jam and Sticker star. Even color splash, while memed to hell for following SS' example, is an enjoyable and fun inclusion to the series.
>>
>>385229840
It's sad to say that the only Nintendo game t was on the 3DS that I loved was Super Mystery Dungeon and even that was a step down.
>>
File: 1493002946838.png (26KB, 210x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493002946838.png
26KB, 210x250px
>>385230554
>Lumping Paper Jam with Sticker Star
Paper Toad missions and "muh crossover/OCs" aside, it wasn't that bad (or at least the gameplay was good)
>>
>>385231902
Paper Toad missions and "muh crossover/OCs"

Paper toad missions is exactly WHY its so bad. You're right, gameplay battle wise it was fine, but why does that even fucking matter if I can't enjoy the game the second go-round because most of its progression is fucking paper toad hunts.

Dream team is nearly as abd with the nightmare stone chunks, but at least you can platform and fight enemies in those.
>>
>>385229840
Fuck off /vr/
>Super Mario sunshine
>Luigis mansion
>F-Zero GX
>Chibi Robo
>Custom Robo
>Metroid prime
>Battalion Wars
>Animal crossing
>Eternal Fucking Darkness
>Kirby Air Ride
>Paper Mario TTYD
>Pikmin
>Punch-Out!!!
>Captain Rainbow
>Xenoblade
>Pandora's Tower
>Super Smash Bros 4
>Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
>Wonderful 101
>Splatoon/2
>Arms
>>
>>385232183
> but at least you can platform and fight enemies in those.
If you want to be technical you do that during some of the Paper Toad missions too.
Still, fair point. I feel like it pushes it more to just good instead of great or mediocre than outright bad (I like to joke that ever other part of the game is Sticker Star done better than Sticker Star), but to each their own.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.