[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I played with some VR and fell in love with it. It was a free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Oculus-Rift-vs-HTC-Vive-4.jpg (31KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
Oculus-Rift-vs-HTC-Vive-4.jpg
31KB, 616x347px
So I played with some VR and fell in love with it. It was a free moving shooter on PS4, blasting away bugs.

I've decided to take that VR leap, but I'm torn between the Rift and the Vive. Rift is way cheaper currently (comes with the controllers and 2 sensors, and 6 games), but from what I've heard the room scale stuff sucks ass and takes a while to set up, wheres the Vive, while more expensive, has better tech and works right-out-the-box, and from what I gather has an overall better experience - but again, its $800 vs the $400, less technically able Rift.

My PC is geared up and VR ready. What say you, /v/aggots?
>>
I'm using a rift+touch at the moment, its pretty good, no issues with steam games, the controllers feel more ergonomic to me compared with the vive wands and its lighter, but that's my two cents, in the end of the day the specs are all the same, it's just up to you
>>
As a former Vive owner, I would recommend to wait for the second gen. I bought an htc vive and found the resolution, lense focus and fov to be pretty lacking. Ended up selling it after around 20 hours of gameplay. Not to mention notorious lackmof AAA games.
>>
>>385226471
Oculus
>better screen focus (less SDE)
>darker blacks in dark scenes
>better controllers
>way cheaper
>slightly overpriced (at $399)
>lens flare/godrays are slightly worse
>wire comes out of the side so you can actually sit down comfortably while wearing it
>built in headphones
>easier to set up for 180

Vive
>brighter screen
>screen is slightly less focused
>way overpriced (at $799)
>worse controllers
>easier to set up to 360
>better tracking
>lens flare/godrays less noticeable
>wire comes out of back so it will be behind you while sitting down

PSVR
>no SDE effect
>no godrays
>shit tracking
>overpriced games, can't pirate
>comfortable as fuck
>>
>>385229058
Vive is coming out with new controllers which look fucking amazing - "Knuckles"

https://www.vrheads.com/valve-knuckles-controllers

Right now it's the price point thats pushing me towards the Rift, but from literally everything I'm hearing the Vive just has better tech. I could buy the Rift and upgrade to a Vive later on, but after all is said and done, $1200 total for VR set ups just suck ass to get into.
>>
>>385230264
No analog sticks makes it automatically shit to me. We really don't need another VR generation of teleporting.. I played Farpoint on PSVR and moving with the sticks was fine. I can't imagine having a controller with touchpads only.

Only way Vive is better is if you have a huge area (15x15ft) and don't care about seated VR.
>>
>>385226471
vive is better, but not 400€ better, get the cheapest, don't buy addons and/or wait for next generation, there are few games worth playing right now
>>
>>385230264
>>385231331
But moving with the touchpads in onward works perfectly though.
>>
>>385226471
Go with the Vive.
The touch pad thing every one is saying is completely preference. Vive has more games, way better head tracking and larger play zone. If your going to spend the money why would you cheap out?
>>
>>385233406
this also
>buying facebook machines
>>
>>385233406
They have basically the same games and the head tracking is exactly the same
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.