[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some great franchises that died for absolutely no reason?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: 9.jpg (97KB, 487x416px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
97KB, 487x416px
What are some great franchises that died for absolutely no reason?

>Patapon 3 sold three times as many copies as Patapon 2
>The Vita literally begging on its proverbial knees for games
>"NOOOOO!" ~ Sony
>>
File: IMG_0091.jpg (132KB, 620x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0091.jpg
132KB, 620x585px
To be fair, Patapon 3 wasn't nearly as good as 2 and ended the series in an incredibly stupid and unfulfilling way.
>>
File: Sam_%26_Max.png (146KB, 300x371px) Image search: [Google]
Sam_%26_Max.png
146KB, 300x371px
>Telltale is founded on the basis of focusing on adventure game IPs instead of licences
>Telltale's entire business model now revolves around licences
Poker Night 2 wasn't a good enough encore.
>>
>>385226096
At least they found "IT" and "Earthend", so I'm happy for them.
The poor little nigga cyclops-es had been dying for years, so it's good that they got their mostly happy ending and got to live in peace.

Sometimes a franchise can just end, no thanks to faggots like OP who want to rehash things to the end of days.

If they absolutely had to bring it back (fucking why the story is done, just let it end), they could always do a prequel or some sort of "endless" side-game where you have a bunch of quests constantly updating (for a year before sony drops it), I guess. Depends on if the PS4 HD version of 1 does well, but even if it does
>rhythm games
>wireless controllers
UH NO
>>
>>385226096
I respect they tried to go in a different way at least.
>>
>>385225938
Patapon is getting a remaster on ps4 next week though.
>>
>>385227742
How about I remaster your dumb fucking face with my hard fist, dweeb?
>>
>>385227849
Wow rude
>>
>>385226690
The three seasons of Sam and Max were mediocre as hell though, you could put all of the best bits from them together and Hit the Road would still be infinitely better. Puzzle Agent was the best thing Telltale ever made. Wolf Among Us is the only thing they have left that's worth paying attention to.
>>
Ape Escape
>>
>company is doing pretty well
>working on expansion to second game in the series
>merge with a software company that wants to get into games development
>immediately after the merger, said company gets bought up by a massive military industrial corporation which immediately shuts down the game studio since it had no interest in it
>expansion pack dies
>sequel ends up mediocre
>years later there is a fucking abysmal reboot
>>
>>385225938
they died because there's nowhere else to go on with it - patapon 2 is ultimate patapon experience, that has shitton of everything.
Releasing the same thing would be repeating themselves, and releasing something completely different should not be called patapon at all
>>
>>385228461
>said company gets bought up by a massive military industrial corporation which immediately shuts down the game studio since it had no interest in it
Fuck the military. Worthless cunts.
>>
Sony's fucking shit at publishing and taking care of its own hardware, what else is new
>>
>no Patapon collection
The one thing I'd want
>>
File: the rape of ape escape.png (45KB, 1203x393px) Image search: [Google]
the rape of ape escape.png
45KB, 1203x393px
>>385228213
>>
>>385228908
If patapon remaster does well they'll probably do 2 and 3 too.
>>
>>385228908
>>385229572
Why did they only remaster one game, but not the entire trilogy?
Same goes for Parappa.
>>
>>385229428
This is the worst.
>what do people like about ape escape, again?
>uhhhh, I think it might be the monkeys, right?
Goddamn what a bunch of retards. It was the fucking controls, the stage design, the GADGETS, not the fucking monkeys.
>>
>>385229868
Ape Escape was just another series with a formula that consisted of multiple elements, but its owners thought only one mattered.
>>
File: 2-1024_605[1].jpg (140KB, 1024x777px) Image search: [Google]
2-1024_605[1].jpg
140KB, 1024x777px
>series of fantastic strategy/stealth games
>last game was a fucking COD clone
WHY
>>
>>385229826
And LocoRoco too.

My guess would be they wanted to see how people would take to PSP remasters in general. If they had just done all the Parappa games and it did poorly then they wouldn't know if it was because they were PSP remasters that they did poor, if it was just that people weren't interested in Parappa games anymore. Doing 3 different games gives them a wider approach and makes it easier to see how well PSP remasters will do in general.
>>
>>385230296
It's like they wanted Parappa to fail.
>>
>>385230296
You hit the nail on the head, they're just milking us poor fans with remasters. There's no platform for Patapon 4, nobody wants iPhone shit yet at the same time PS4 owners have a certain level of production values that Patapon simply can't offer.
>>
>>385230074
>a fucking COD clone
Did you miss 80% of the game that's stealth?
>>
>>385226901
>Using your own souls to resurrect the patapons

lol

fuck 'em, the dark heroes are cooler company
>>
>>385230856
They're also being used to push native 4k content since most games on the Pro are checkerboarded 4k, not native.
I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing Vita remasters of Freedom Wars, Soul Sac Delta, or Killzone Mercenaries either seeing as how those are the few straggling first party exclusives left that they have.
>>
File: 1498395070527.png (16KB, 306x127px) Image search: [Google]
1498395070527.png
16KB, 306x127px
>>385225938
Who else BIG SWORD SPIN ATTACK?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.