[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Spend about 2-3 hours learning basic combos for Ky >I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: xrd_ky_kiske_622x320.jpg (142KB, 622x320px) Image search: [Google]
xrd_ky_kiske_622x320.jpg
142KB, 622x320px
>Spend about 2-3 hours learning basic combos for Ky
>I'm only able to pull them off 3-4 against the bot I played against 10 times
I mean... I knew I was going to be bad since this is my first fighting game, but this is just depressing.

Also Guilty Gear thread.
>>
you shouldn't struggle so much, there's a huge buffer in this game, just keep practicing
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 282x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 282x330px
START PLAYING GUILTY GEAR
>>
Just keep playing. Muscle memory will kick in eventually and you'll be able to perform combos pretty easily. The hard part is confirming into a combo off a stray hit.
>>
>>385225534
>2-3 hours learning GG

Try 1-2 years, casual
>>
>>385225859
t. rude guy
>>
Go to what is easy to you first. Once you can do them without thinking, move on to more advanced combos.

Ky has pretty reliable oki so anything into a knockdown > CSE will be effective as you get better.
>>
File: BBCP_Celica_j.A.png (23KB, 328x413px) Image search: [Google]
BBCP_Celica_j.A.png
23KB, 328x413px
>>385225798
DON'T WANNA
>>
>>385225534
What's depressing about that. That's normal. Doing something in training mode vs a match is a whole different story.
>>
>>385225534
i'm picking this game up today. found out that almost every character i wanted to play has some sort of charge motion which really disapointed me. that's my Achilles heel in fighting games. (potemkin, venom, leo, axl) what characters in this game don't have a charge motion? those were literally my top 4 and the first 4 i looked at.
>>
>>385225534
It's all downhill from here mate.

I all seriouness combos aint hard on GG, matchups and the 50/50s are a bigger problem.
>>
Stop worrying about combos. Focus on things like spacing and fundamentals.
Combos are there to get the most out of the enemy's mistake. You gotta learn how to read the opponent and create the opening. Its easier to land an actual combo when you're confident that its gonna connect
>>
>>385226310
Most of the cast dont have charge moves at all.
>>
>>385225534
Friendly Ky tip: you can wake up RTL if your opponent tries to hit you with a meaty.
>>
>>385226310
Pretty sure those ones and May are the only ones. Charge time is still very short compared to Street Fighter.
>>
where's the na ps4 lobby
>>
File: 1494713410924.gif (2MB, 345x333px) Image search: [Google]
1494713410924.gif
2MB, 345x333px
>>385225534
Just remember that the game is more than just combos. Getting 60% off of a whiff punish or counterhit is great and all but if you can't get those whiff punishes and counterhits, all your work was in vein.

Focus on your fundamentals first. If your opponent jumps in, Anti air them. If your opponent is blocking, grab, cross-up, or hit them with an overhead if they're blocking low. Stuff like that. You might only get one or two hits out of it, but they're hitting, we'll work on making those hits count when we can hit when we want to.
>>
>>385226489
You sound pretty new to fighting games in general, are these 3 hours of ky practice the only 3 hours you have played?
If so, get ready for some more practice.
Fighting games take hundreds of hours of repetitious practice to be competent at.
Stick with it or don't, i just don't want to see more threads about dudes who think they will be dope at fighting games in a few hours.
>>
>>385226610
ok that's good to hear, maybe i'll try sin or jam tonight and see how it goes
>>
>>385226310
Potemkin's Hammerfall's charge time is so short that you can chain multiple Hammerfalls together to get around.
>>
>>385227004
I never expected myself to become an amazing player overnight, but I get what you mean. I'll keep at it.
>>
>>385227240
Yeah i know the charge time is short, it's just a skill i don't care to learn, charging never felt good in any game. if it's a back forward motion i'm good, but if it's a hold i just can't feel it out. never could. i'm familiar with charge partitioning and it's not that i can't do it, it's just that i don't enjoy doing it personally.
>>
>>385226627
I might be able to soon. Depends on when my brother is planning to drop by.
>>
>>385227057
Sin is pretty easy to use, Jam is a little more difficult.
>>
File: pGp0U1G.gif (994KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
pGp0U1G.gif
994KB, 500x281px
>>385225534
Honestly not bad for a start, anon! Ky is a great choice for starting out. Once you feel comfortable with him, try branching out to other characters and see which excites you most.
>>
>>385225534
i've been playing gg since '04, don't despair, i still can't pull 2 out of 3 double frc hammerfalls with potemkin no matter how many years i've been trying maybe you need to make your skills grow horizontally before you can pull off what youre trying to do, just add more stuff you can pull off safely to your repertoire.
>>
>>385226719
Yeah. I endorse this post. Getting fundamentals down first is definitely the most important. Feel free getting a bread and butter combo or two down in training first, but don't practice combos all day. You may be able to do the sickest 63 hit combo, but if your opponent is just keeping you at bay with footsies and zoning then those combos mean jack shit.
>>
>>385227989
I was thinking about trying Baiken or Sin down the road. Are they simple?
>>
>>385225534
Just keep playing, definitely don't get frustrated day 1. Play to have fun.
>>
>>385228207
Baiken not so much, Sin is easy though.
>>
File: 63997276_p0.jpg (3MB, 1771x2508px) Image search: [Google]
63997276_p0.jpg
3MB, 1771x2508px
>>385228207
Sin is incredibly simple, but gets boring pretty quickly. Raven is the same.
Baiken is really fun, has a lot of utility, but is a bit weak right now. Still, she's very fun to play if you like to play reactively.
Also, don't worry about tiers too much in Guilty Gear. Even the lowest characters are hardly weaker than the top tier ones. GG is pretty well balanced, so just play whoever is fun for you.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.