[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to strategy games, why does everyone complain about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I'm new to strategy games, why does everyone complain about Dawn of War 3? I was thinking on purchasing.
>>
>>385224563

fuck off shill
>>
>>385224657
JESUS FUCK RETARD, NOT EVERYBODY HAS BEEN PLAYING STRATEGY TO KNOW WHAT'S GOOD AND WHAT'S DETESTABLE AND WHY.
AND NOT EVERYBODY IS A SHILL, THE WORD SHILL SHOULD BE A BANNABLE OFFENSE.
>>
>>385225761
why do you want dawn of war 3, and what makes you want to get into strategy?
>>
>>385224563
it doesn't have any of the qualities of it's predecessors
>>
>>385226125
>>385226194
I've played only DoW 2 Retribution, I kind of liked it, am going to purchase several games of the strategy genre and discarding DoW 3 makes me be able to pick 2 more games.
>>
>>385226287
Basically
Lot of things that should be in the game aren't
Perform poorly
Other things I forgot
Dont buy it, pirate it if you really want to play it
>>
>>385224563
>I'm new to strategy games

then go back and play command and conquer red alert, company of heroes, supreme commander, and shit like that

all the good games of this genre are in the past
>>
>>385224563
>looks barely better than 2
>unbalanced
>very very few maps
>2 gamemodes
>only 3 factions (all other games had 4 on release)
>"cinematic" melee kills removed (sometimes when a soldier killed another soldier it did a special animation, making him invincible for the duration of it. it ddin't effect the gameplay, it just looked cool)
>no cover system (the one in 2 was great)
>can't upgrade units (TACTICAL marines are called like this because they can change weapons... but not here)
>units look like plastic toys
>not lore accurate (terminators doing fucking backflips is literally, physically impossible. it's like a tank jumping.)

that's about all there is.
none of these flaws were in 2, by the way. 2 is only missing base building and a larger army cap to be perfect and some (minor) factions to be perfect.
>>
>>385224563
it's a moba not a strategy game
>>
>>385226287
what's the list of games you were planning to buy?
>>
Fuck it then, I'll grab Stellaris or SC2.
>>
>>385226718
The Xcoms, total war warhammer, Civ, and I had to pick between warhammer or stellaris or SC2 plus a cheap game.
>>
>>385226830
don't forget that World in Conflict and Brood War are free.
If you're after a cheap RTS, consider https://www.gog.com/game/wargame_european_escalation. It's not the easiest to get into, but remains slick and has some long campaigns.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.