[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Nintendo has has now sold over SEVEN (7) *VII* million

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Switch.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Switch.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>The Nintendo has has now sold over SEVEN (7) *VII* million consoles in 4 months.
Just for comparisons sake, the PS4 took just under 7 months to pull similar numbers off.

>Nintendo Switches first year lineup - Breath of The Wild (Aka the undisputed game of the year), Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblades 2, Mario Odyssey, Pokken Tournament Deluxe, Mario & Rabbids
Once again, just for comparison, the PS4s first year lineup was Knack, Killzone, and InFAMOUS

Realistically, is there anything/anyone that can stop Nintendo at this point? The Switch is selling out worldwide as soon as they hit the shelves despite heavy supply constraints and is on pace to being the best selling console of all time if this keeps up.

Remember that Metroid Prime 4 and a Pokemon mainline game are still waiting in the wings too.

This is incredible.
>>
Source?
>>
>>385222465
Last I heard they had only sold 4.7
I want the Switch to succeed, but this is just bullshit
>>
>>385222465
Still no third party support and its too late in the game to have anything for next year even if they started now.
>>
>>385222698
It sold 1.7 million at the end of the last fiscal year, which is literally when the switch came out. It sold 4.7 million over the last 3 months, which is its own fiscal year.
You can do basic math, right?
>>
>>385222880
Why do people still expect Nintendo to have good 3rd party support? I thought everyone knew that the best way to do things is to have a Nintendo console and either another mainline console or a decent gaming PC. Nintendo has never had solid third party support since the SNES, and it won't be coming back.
>>
Source.
>>
File: 1501067253863.png (21KB, 1654x2339px) Image search: [Google]
1501067253863.png
21KB, 1654x2339px
>>385222465
>I can't do basic math: the post

I guess someone still buying Nintendo consoles isn't exactly intelligent, so it makes sense.
>>
Oh shit, Arms has already sold +1 million copies. That's surprising.

And I agree with OP, for a 4 month line-up, the Switch is doing incredibly well. I can't really think of a console released in the last 10 years that already had that many exclusives in so little time.
>>
>>385223142
It was 4.7 to date, anon
>>
File: Three months.png (6KB, 298x125px) Image search: [Google]
Three months.png
6KB, 298x125px
>>385223494
What was that shitposter? The 4.7 million sold was during these 3 months of this fiscal year.
1.7 million was sold during the first month it came out.
>>
>>385223547
Yeah was expecting Arms to be a slow burner, good news that it's already passed a million.

Waiting for a price cut and more characters, personally
>>
>>385223547
If only Arms were a good game.
>>
>>385222465
>>385223142
>>385223729
Can you stop false flagging?
>>
>>385223729

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/nintendo_switch_has_sold_4_7_million_units_worldwide

If you want to get real technical, it's close to 5.5 mil currently given the performance in Japan in July and a steady performance in NA. Seems dead in Europe, though
>>
>>385223729

No. it sold 2,7 in the first fiscal year, and 2 in the last 3 months, thus, 4,7 total.
>>
>>385223729
You can't be this stupid. It says right there, 1.97 from April to June, and total of 4.7 to date. Which lines up with the 2.69 reported at the end of March.

It's not my fault you can't read obvious charts.

(you)
>>
>>385224013
Nope, it doesn't at all though. It says 1.7 in the first fiscal year and 4.7 now.
You can't just make things up and expect people to believe you when the evidence is right in front of you.
>>
@385224351
(You)
>>
The worst thing about the switch is it's a shitty console with no games, and yet everyone wants it to succeed so god damn bad. They don't care the console sucks, they don't care the games are ports or shit, they just want more of exactly this garbage.
That's why I'm not buying a switch; it doesn't make sense to support a console without getting anything out of it.
>>
>>385224351
Whatever. Believe what you wanna believe.

No point in arguing with a retard. Your fantasy doesn't change facts, it just makes you look really really stupid.
>>
>>385224687
>Best launch line up of all time
>Already won Japan which means tons of weeb games
>Already won indies
>Nintendo giving it their full intention
The only thing the Switch is going to miss is shitty AAA games which all shoehorn nigger female protagonists into them, which nobody other than SJW cucks would give a shit about anyway.

>>385224695
>Get blown the fuck out of existence by cold hard facts
>Tuck tail and run away
lol?
>>
>>385224950
>launch lineup consisting of 1 wiiu port and a port of a pc flash game
>japan's gaming market is saturated by mobileshit and nintendo will never dethrone it regardless
>nintendo's full intention is worthless, possibly detrimental, compounded in stupidity considering they're still keeping the 3ds running
>>
>>385224351
>"1.7 first fiscal year"
>April 2017-June 2017
>"Fiscal year ending March 2018"
>4.7 million now
>Life-to-Date as of June 2017
Wew lad
>>
>>385224351
The column very clearly says life-to-date
That is the total units sold up until the end of the report (June 2017)
>>
>>385224950
Life to date means from launch to current date, and clearly shors 4.7 million. The 'Actual April-June' shows 1.7 million. It's probably more like 5.5 currently. Still very good, but not at 7 million yet. I think Nintendo needs to focus on UK and continental europe markets more though
>>
Uh no it did 4.7 so far.
Arms did 1.8
Zelda did 3.92
>>
>>385224950
http://fortune.com/2017/07/26/nintendo-switch-sales-5/

This was published this morning by Fortune. Current total sales near 5 million. Not 7.
>>
>>385225509
>Arms did 1.8
This is honestly the most impressive part
Only Nintendo can take a total garbage game and push it to sell over a million units
>>
>>385224351
You are misinterpreting the evidence, dumbass. Total life sales are 4.7 mil.
>>
>>385225268
>>385225375
>>385225415
>>385225531
Alright, rather than continue this charade I'll take your word for it that it's currently hovering around 5 mil.
>>
>>385225652
Which is still brilliant btw -- it isn't a competition, and the momentum and consumer image of the switch is high. I think it will have a strong library with games that focus on design over graphics/competitive.
>>
This is the dumbest console ever.
The home console mode makes it the shittiest console in terms of it's respective generation power gap.
The controls are bad, worse when split.
The stack of accessories needed to make it playable are insane.
The portable mode is almost like some sort of shitty joke; no 3g, shitty battery life, too big, 720 screen when most PHONES (portable mode's direct competition) have more than 4x that number of pixels.
The games are ports, rehashes, and reskins, nothing even remotely original, and yet no third party support to actually make use of portable mode.
And it's over a decade behind on online features, with no thought put into implementing shit like voice com.
It's effectively everything wrong with mobile gaming with a nintendo logo on it.

And the worst part is everybody praises, defends, and supports it adamantly.
Why would you want this to succeed?
Either this thing fails, and nintendo goes back to the drawing board, erasing all their "it's like a wiiu, but more portable!" bullshit.
Or it succeeds, and nintendo legitimately thinks this is what people want, and the next nintendo console will literally just be an iphone.
>>
I cant wait to taste the tears from these faggy ass nintendy boys when it fails again.
>>
>>385225791
I'm probably going to get one this week.
There shouldn't be any supply issues in the UK, right? I think we're pretty much Playstation centric over here.
>>
>>385222465
Holy shit! The switch already sold 12 million units?! And another 5 million in the time it took me to type this post? Nintendomination!! 8D!
>>
>>385225943
Please, nintendipshits still think the wiiu won.
At this rate even if oddessy, metroid, and pokemon bombed it would still be the best nintendo console since the n64 to these people
>>
>>385226021
How can Sony even compete?
>>
>>385226061
True, Nintendo fans are really the most childish fanbase by far. I dont even give a shit which console wins or don't but these people are hilarious.
>>
Xenoblade cant come out fast enough. Also Hollow Knight when?
>>
File: wew.png (554KB, 1364x764px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
554KB, 1364x764px
>>385222465

so this is the true power of the nintendo switch
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.