[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is any of the new gen Fire Emblems good? Last ones I played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Fire_Emblem_series.jpg (233KB, 1135x704px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_series.jpg
233KB, 1135x704px
Is any of the new gen Fire Emblems good? Last ones I played were the GBA ones.
>>
What's a good Hector Hard Mode Team?
>>
Yes they are good

People like to say "waifu shit this and that",but it was always present on the series.
>>
File: Lukas_Echoes_Portrait.png (45KB, 174x256px) Image search: [Google]
Lukas_Echoes_Portrait.png
45KB, 174x256px
>>385215654
>>385215759
If you want something similar to GBA type format, Fates: Conquest will be right up your ally.
Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn and Thracia776 are also good.
>>
>>385215863
>Yes they are good
All of them?
>>
>>385215654
Conquest if you want a challenge
Awakening if you want comfy waifus with mild difficulty if you ramp it up
>>
>>385215995
Yes

Just play Awakening if you are going 3DS
>>
average at best, especially compared to the GBA games

the problem with the new games is that the maps suck dick. the mechanics are much more polished and supports are especially much more prevalent and fleshed out, but the maps are so goddamn awful

the only good 3DS title so far is Conquest because it's the only one with decent map design where you might actually need to use your brain
>>
>>385215654
The GBA ones are pretty bad.
Try Radiant Dawn.
>>
>>385217174
This.
We need more of that classic GBA map design like, well, that one map?
>>
>>385217406

i'm not saying the GBA games had the pinnacle of map design, but the 3DS games easily have some of the worst map designs in the series

awakening and birthright were pretty much made for retards and every map is basically a 20x20 tiled field with bandits equispaced so you can pull and spank each unit individually

revelations could've been okay but they decided to chuck in retarded map gimmicks all over the place
>>
>>385215654

Does Hector Hard Mode make FE7 actually challenging for once? The worst part of the game is that it never stops throwing unpromoted enemies at you in massive droves, even at the end of the game.
>>
>>385217537

but honestly i don't blame IS. they know that lots of people just want to jerk their dicks off to their waifus so why even bother making any challenging or difficult maps? conquest was the least popular probably due to the retarded story and the fact that it was too hard
>>
>>385217537
Show me these 20x20 tiled field with bandits!
>>
>>385217674

If anything nowadays, Conquest was the most well-received route in Fates. Revelation is considered to be a complete mess on all fronts and Birthright is Awakening with less broken mechanics.
>>
>>385217674
They never did make challenging or difficult maps.
>>
>>385217701

i think it's basically consensus that Awakening has bad map design. if you think otherwise it's the only game you've played or you're retarded

just look at a typical Conquest map where you actually have an objective and need to play towards it and compare it to basically any of the other 3DS titles where you can literally just sit in a corner and fight enemies 1 by 1

Awakening's support system was also totally bunked and you could easily solo the game with basically 1 guy paired up with their husbando/waifu even on Lunatic
>>
>>385218017
But you are acting like the GBA games have better maps than it.
And they really do not.
Hell most of RD maps are shite.
>>
>>385215654
I loved the newest one, Echoes, so I definitely recommend it. It and Path of Radiance are my favorite in the series. The gba games were some of the easiest in the series barring 6, so I would reccomend going into PoR or Echoes on their hardest difficulties, they're about on the same level. Awakening is also really easy on difficulties that aren't lunatic+. Definitely do not do FE12, FE5, Conquest, or RD until you are more comfortable with the series. FE4 is also really easy but the maps are gigantic time sinks and have backtracking in them, but it also does having a second generation of soldiers wayyyy better than Awakening and especially Fates. It also has a way better story combined with its sequel FE5, in which is different than FE4 in that enemies actually have staying power and the maps are smaller, and there are varied objectives. If you are looking for a challenge, getting max recruitment in FE12 on its hardest difficulty is the hardest game in the entire series. Even on its lower hardest difficulties it is very hard. Radiant Dawn is also up there for removing some QoL mechanics on its hardest difficulty. Conquest in Fates is the most difficult of the Fates games, but still feels a little unbalanced in my opinion but it had good maps and good difficulty. Revelations is an absolutely unbalanced mess with awful, gimmicky maps, do not play it unless you want to play the "canon" story. Birthright is nothing special, it's just okay, but it's very forgiving. So it might also be a good next game to play.
but overall I would probably play PoR next.
>>
>>385218150

but they do

Conquest > FE6 > FE7 > FE8 > basically every other 3DS title

RD suffers from some maps being too fucking huge and enemy phases taking about 30 minutes as 200 knights walk across the field and commit suicide on your tank standing at th chokepoint. I think the best part of RD was playing as the Dawn Brigade, honestly. They were a band of shitcunts that all died in two hits and it actually made for some interesting gameplay.

but fuck the dawn brigade and fuck micaiah they all suck. they have like two good units which were Edward and Nolan
>>
Awakening or birthright? I'm playing for waifus and story. I'd actually rather it be easier.
>>
>>385219472

Well, awakening has the better story if that's all you're looking for. Fates in general has pretty retarded storyline, Conquest in particular.
>>
>>385219274
Don't even throw FE8 maps at me.
They are not good.
FE7 not only has bad maps it has bland characters and forgettable music.
>>
>>385219472
If you want an easy game with a decent storyline play Path of Radiance. There's no romance in that one though, so if you really want that go with Awakening.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.