[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>didn't even sell 1million on all platforms combined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 16

File: rendition1.img.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rendition1.img.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>didn't even sell 1million on all platforms combined

Why did no one buy it?
>>
File: danyface.gif (143KB, 395x408px) Image search: [Google]
danyface.gif
143KB, 395x408px
You already know why.
>>
Its a non game
>>
I played and finished on EA Access. It was good.
>>
>>385212189
Gross man face.
>>
>>385212189
i didn't even know it came out

i know nothing about the game or why it bombed so hard
>>
File: MirrorsEdge_art_13.jpg (268KB, 769x1072px) Image search: [Google]
MirrorsEdge_art_13.jpg
268KB, 769x1072px
Open world is something precisely no-one asked for.

All I wanted was more of the first game, but with a bit less combat.
>>
>>385212189
I didnt even know about it
>>
>>385212189
It's a sequel nobody asked for, of a game nobody cared about
>>
>>385212189
Everybody thought it was just a definitive edition
>>
>>385212464
>origin exclusive

that explains why its irrelevant on PC

what about consolefags?

whats their excuse?
>>
>>385212189
>Open world meme
>"We want the Filipino audience" facelift

I live in SEA, I see enough Pinoys IRL, I don't need to see them in Burgerland games as well.
>>
The ost is great.

https://youtu.be/7AykMEcWcEc
>>
It came out too late.
>>
It's shittier than the first game in a lot of ways and I didn't even particularly like the first game.
>>
Game is easy platinum trophy.
>>
>Open world
>Talent points
>Made Faith ugly
>"We're proud that Anita helped us write the story"
>Larger focus on combat
>>
>>385212590
I digress. A lot of people wanted a second Mirror's Edge, with more linear levels and parkour skills.

But instead we got Sark's wet summer dream, and the few people that bought it, such as myself, were let down
>>
>>385212983
>>"We're proud that Anita helped us write the story"
Source.
>>
Nobody asked for it, nobody cared for it, nobody knew it came out.
>>
>worse visual style
>worse, forced, convoluted plot off the literally who comics
>worse movement (gee I sure love having to stop to make sure the vents stopped spinning because that shit doesn't work half the time. gee I sure love tapping the grappling hook button because it won't stick properly. GEE I LOVE ACCIDENTALLY HOOKING INTO A GRAPPLE POINT AND COMPLETELY RUINING MY ROUTE)
>MMO-style trash sidequests
>collectathon for no reason
>forced social shit

How ironic that a game about standing up to bullshit corporations has a sequel full of by-the-numbers checklist focus tested shit tacked onto it.
>>
>>385212983
Sarkeesy ruins everything she touches
>>
>>385212983
Also
>Misandry out of nowhere
>muh stronk wymen everywhere
>le evil white man abusing of POC
>>
It was pretty good and about what I had expected from a Mirror's Edge in today's ecosystem.
>>
>reboot of a 1 game series
>skill points
>open world
>original game was good but niche
>>
>>385213132
>How ironic that a game about standing up to bullshit corporations has a sequel full of by-the-numbers checklist focus tested shit tacked onto it.
This.
>>
>>385213035
Google "Mirrors Edge Catalyst Anita"
>>
>>385212661
>playing mirror's edge with a controller

Game was doomed on everything.
>>
>>385212189
>sequel touched by SJWs is a disaster and a shitty game
what a shock, i bet nobody saw that coming
>>
>>385213228
http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/12/ea-replied-fan-petition-remove-anita-sarkeesian-mirrors-edge-2-game-development/
>“This petition is based on inaccurate information. EA is not working with Anita Sarkeesian on development of Mirror’s Edge“.
Well?
>>
>>385212983
>>Talent Points
>>Larger focus on combat
this is what made me lose all interested in the game
>>
It definitely didn't capture the magic of the first game but ME:C was one of the only games in existence whose jump to open world made sense. In theory, that could have opened up a huge world of potential for exploring to find different routes and shortcuts to finish time trials and missions better, but DICE fucked up the level design so it couldn't live up to its potential.
>>
>>385212784
Only correct answer in the thread.
>>
>>385212189
No one knew it actually released.
>>
>>385213030
>I digress
To digress is to temporarily shelf the main topic of discussion, and to state your self-awareness of such. I think you meant, "I disagree."

But I digress. I agree with your points; combined with being an Origin Exclusive, many people who may have even bothered to play the watered-down open world trite that is ME2 probably never even heard of its release.
>>
>>385212189
watched it on youtube at launch and it was meh. Currently thinking about piriting it to actually play it for myself but can't get the motivation to do it.
>>
>>385212189
do you want to be a masculine asian dyke
>>
no one asked for this open world prequel piece of shit with potato face protagonist.
>>
>>385214016
>dyke
Source.
>>
File: Capture2.png (669KB, 629x857px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
669KB, 629x857px
>>385213394
>>
>>385212679
I know I shouldn't reward you with attention, but I just really need to point out how terrible this post is and how that absolutely no one gave a shit about it, it's great
>>
>>385214135
I wish that bitch would die already.
>>
>>385214135
>game developpers attend conference of sjw game critic
>that means she worked on the game
Anyway, do you faggots really need muh SJWs and muh feminism to prove that Dice is a shit studio?
>>
Saturated FPS market.
>>
>>385214228
>already
>screencap is from 2012
>>
>>385212189
>devno, swj, more combat, open world but a shitty world, unlock skills
How about you make a product for your actual customers and give them the game they want, based on the previous game and what that did good and bad. Oh and don't try to fuck your customers too hard and instead provide them with a convenient service.

Gee, wow, hmmm. Nah lets do the opposite of that.
>>
>>385212189
Origin.

I've recently played, as it was 5€. I don't know how did they do it, but the previous game, which is 7 or 8 years older, looks better.
Still, a fun experience tainted by the open world meme.
>>
>>385214328
> I don't know how did they do it, but the previous game, which is 7 or 8 years older, looks better.
This, they produced an inferior product when they had a good one to learn from.
>>
No marketing (notice how many people surprised that it was came out already) and the game being shit
>>
>>385214292
Would you really call Mirror's Edge a full-blown FPS? It's first-person, yes, but the shooting isn't the central feature.
>>
>>385212189
>why did this pointless reboot of a relatively unknown game sell bad when it had 0 marketing and got lukewarm critical&popular reception?

WHO
KNOWS
>>
>>385214523
First person skeedaddler
>>
>>385212189
Evidence that feminism objectively ruins video games and anything else it touches.
>>
I think it's a good game, but i didn't pay for it
same with watch dogs 2, which was probably the most fun i've had with a game this year, but fuck installing origin, CPY all the way.
>>385212470
For years I saw people here talking about how they wanted open world mirrors' edge.
>>
File: 1494607265087.png (600KB, 714x726px) Image search: [Google]
1494607265087.png
600KB, 714x726px
>>385214701
Shit, ya got me.
>>
>>385214228
this is the kind of post that keeps her relevant by being able to play victim
Stop it
>>
File: 1446771709808.gif (152KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1446771709808.gif
152KB, 400x267px
first game
>inspired and different take on the FPS genre, championing little to no combat, and instead on navigating your environment
>tightly and cleverly designed levels with a focus on speed
>great little time trial mode which is arguable more fun than the main game as it further emphasises level analysis for optimal path

second game
>open world horse shit that no one asked for and no one wanted
>fucking garbage shit
>my asshole
>>
File: IMG_20170726_094423.jpg (131KB, 1023x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170726_094423.jpg
131KB, 1023x765px
>In come the, "ANITA HAD ZERO INFLUENCE AND DICE DON'T LOVE HER RELIGIOUSLY" apologists as usual

Go on Twitter.
Search for "@EA_DICE Anita" and read all the tweets where they suck her matriarchal dick.
>>
File: 1500981079520.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500981079520.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>385214701
Underrated
>>
File: Fire.png (352KB, 736x780px) Image search: [Google]
Fire.png
352KB, 736x780px
>>385212189
>they turned qt ayy faith into nasty mattress girl faith
>>
If only the autist girl weren't black... If only
>>
>>385214717
That's a good thing though. It needs to run many many more things before people finally come to their senses again. Same with pandering to niggers etc. Because those groups of people don't buy $60 vidya. White cis males do.
>>
>g-guys p-pls use Origin, it's just as good as steam and we pinky promise not to constantly scan your computer
>>
"open world with parkour" was done earlier and better by Dying Light
>>
>>385214876
Playing victim is the most pathetic thing a person can do.
Basically you remove any responsibility from your shitty behavior because you can blame everything on sexism and patriarchy.
Only the lowest of the low use that.
Good people work their ass off to prove themselves and this is what all those good women in gaming do.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170726-095441.png (681KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170726-095441.png
681KB, 1440x2560px
>>385215446
Fuck Origin, we gotta worry about our fucking vacuums
>>
>>385212189
Because it's been released already 10 years ago.
>>
>>385212189
Let me count the ways.
1: Redesigned Faith's look for some stupid reason.
2: It's a reboot. Why is it a reboot? We wanted to know what happened after the first game.
3: Open World. We wanted more of the game's carefully crafted level design that promoted time-trials and speed runs.
4: Origin exclusive.

About the only thing they got right was that she won't use guns, but considering one guy had the fight tooth and nail to get that concession from a dev team that wanted "more guns" I think it shows how little a shit they gave about the game.
>>
No marketing
Open world that was actually very linear and repetitive
Original game was niche
>>
>>385215584
Too bad that doesn't matter as long as it gets the job done.

Not that she is anywhere near as influential or relevant as before. But the damage is already done.
>>
>>385217223
Won't?
I'm pretty sure I remember stealing LMG's from the cops and unloading on a bunch of dudes, in the first game.
>>
Bought it a few days ago on PS4. Actually not that bad.
>>
>>385217223
Picking up guns was optional. The problem was there were too many fights, and Catalyst threw you in even more fights and arenas that you can't even escape until you fought everyone.
>>
>>385212189
>Why did no one buy it?

They went full sjw with it. They changed Faith's face as well for whatever reason to look like the dumb sjw who carried around a mattress.
>>
It fucked up everything people liked Mirror's Edge for.

Mainly the city.
>>
>>385212983
Three of these are relevant and true. Two of them are not. Guess which.
>>
>>385218121
>>385218461
I've been told she doesn't use guns in Catalyst at all.

Yeah, she could use guns in the original game, but everyone agreed that they were a dumb addition.
>>
>>385212189
They hired Anita Sarkeesian to help them develop the game and tell them what's wrong and what to change.

Now they have this piece of shit that doesn't sell. Bravo EA. Way to get scammed by that con artist.
>>
>>385218774
I thought it was unique. You couldn't reload or aim for shit because you had no idea what you were doing, but you could still pick them up and pull the trigger. Even better the fact that you were bad with guns only encouraged you to not use them and keep running.
And hell if you needed an upper-hand in a fight, you could get it. It was just a cool option to have, even if it was hardly used.
>>
>>385214258
They invited her in their studios, they didn't just happen to bump into one of her speech during a game developer's convention. She also specifically talked about how Mirror's Edge control scheme was too hard and some interviews later you suddenly had DICE start to say the same thing, she clearly influenced the development even if she wasn't part of DICE.

If you weren't either a newfag or someone with the memory capabilities of a goldfish, you would still remember all the threads about it.
>>
>>385214258
>>neogaf
>>
File: MEc.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MEc.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385212189
I bought it day one and enjoy it. I wanted more Mirror's Edge parkour and this is what I got.
I didn't mind the change in artstyle, even if I prefer the design of the first, because it was fitting the atmosphere they wanted to setup.
The Open world level design was average but the missions design for the main and sides quests where good. The delivery mission could have been good without the constant radio chatter.
The combat would have been a improvement without the sponge ennemies.
The hook was a ladder/pipe redesign and wasn't a bad things until the last mission.
Music was freaking solar field.

In the end the game was good and enjoyable, a few things are bad but at least Dice try.
>>
>>385212189
A) terrible marketing
B) really squandering the potential of the idea of the game. They did not refine the core concept of the first game, instead just added a whole bunch of new but equally as flawed stuff.
C) the audience may have been very limited from the start.

Shame. It's not bad, even. Actually it's slightly better than the first game, at least mechanically. And has a lot more longevity to it.

But... they just fucked up everything they could while marketing the game, and did not really understand what needed fixing to begin with.

The new settings are a lot worse than the first game's one. The city is pretty awful. I can live with the graphics being less impressive due to necesity to create larger and more dynamic environments, but the new art style and architecture is mostly absolutely awful. The first game make the city belivable, the second game is just random nonsense for the most part.

The new story is again stupid. I mean the story in the first game was already awful, but the second one does not improve it. Once again, they focused on character drama rather than on building up compelling environment, and the whole thing also went straight-up goofy and silly.

The combat is broken, un-fun, and STILL MANDATORY. In fact it's forced even worse than in the first game. How do you fuck that up?!

The open world - in theory incredible addition to the game - is very, VERY poorly implement. They basically could have not done a worse job at that. Still - it's better than no open world at all. But it should have been done better.

Music also sucks compared to the first game.

So yeah, a lot went wrong. Which is a shame because there is STILL an amazing game at the heart of this. But we will never see that gem being polished now.
>>
File: 1480896421123.jpg (40KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
1480896421123.jpg
40KB, 500x491px
>>385212189
>Why did no one buy it?

>Origin exclusive
>SJW trash
>Over priced
>Less open and more linear than the first
>More fights against enemies

Dice and EA admitted everyone hated the forced fight segments but they had their head so far up their asses, that their farts were their exhales. They some how twisted this concept, that everyone hated the fights in Mirror's Edge, to mean that they should change and refine the combat portion was including more cut scenes with over the top "fun" fights.

What the players ACTUALLY meant, was that the fights slowed down the pacing of the game, broke the level progression, removed what made the game special from other FPS and was a direct counter to the theme of the game, which was freedom of movement. EA and Dice would have known this if they bothered to actually talk to the people that played the game instead of just reading bullet points from asshats.
>>
File: 1499630312948.gif (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499630312948.gif
78KB, 500x500px
>Mirror's Edge 2
>EA didn't push the game strong enough
>The game died

>Titanfall 2
>EA didn't just not pushing it but actively tried to kill it
>The game survived

Does anyone at EA knows what they're doing anymore? EA would probably have died a long time ago if it weren't for Madden and Fifa...
>>
>>385221680
Because TF2 is good and Respawn is underdog, unlike Dice
>>
File: 1369032573517.jpg (166KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1369032573517.jpg
166KB, 1600x1200px
I have no idea how people here can say they think the second is as good as the first.

I bought it on a sale after I came out and still refunded it because it was the most boring way they could have made a game like this. Thank fuck Origin refund policy is way more lenient than steam's.

It says it's open world, but the world is so awfully designed that it's actually smaller than the 1st game's and most of the time getting from place to place is just as linear as the first game. Seriously, backtracking makes it immediately obvious how "open" the game really is, because the few times I tried to spice up a route I realized there was 0 way to do so. Doesn't help that the fall damage is so lenient and you can now springboard off any railing and you get a game where 90% of the time you don't actually need to do anything but run straight ahead because higher or lower doesn't matter.

>>385221128
How can you say "it's slightly better than the first game" if 2/3 of your post is shitting on it in comparison?
>>
I hate how people equate why this is bad to /pol/ shit and not the various ways it sucks as a game.
>>
>>385222043
>How can you say "it's slightly better than the first game" if 2/3 of your post is shitting on it in comparison?
Easily. Because it ultimately ends up being more fun. And have a lot more stuff to do. Core systems are the same - and just as fun as they were in the first game - but now have much more space to shine because in addition to first-game-like linear carefully crafted environmental puzzles, they also feature the open world - and as badly implemented as it is, it's still a damn good idea that mostly works. And ultimately, that is what matters to me in an ME game. Yeah, good art direction, soundtrack and prettier environments are good to have and it sucks that they did not make those as good as they were in the first game, but it isn't what matters most. The actual parkour is what matters most.
>>
>>385222352
I feel you anon, it's really misleading because that way people might actually try this pile of shit because they assume it's just politics making people talk shit.

>>385222438
>actual parkour
What parkour? Aside from the linear sections, the city roofs are boring as fuck, there is barely any opportunities for wall-running or effectively climbing because you springboard off any rail and there are rails EVERYWHERE. The city is so badly designed that unless you are trying to climb one of those towers its just hold W and occasionally press space. It's unbelievably streamlined.
>>
>>385212189
Because no one literally knew it came out. Some of the top speed runners in the world on that game didn't even know.
>>
>>385223186
It really isn't - have you actually played the game for more than an hour? The city design is bad, but it's actually bad only because it lacks proper horizonting and vantage-point distribution, resulting in an A) ugly and B) unpredictable maze where it's extremely difficult to anticipate what is coming, or get a sense of direction, scale or progression.

But the parkouring is not actually streamlined compared to the first game. Though it does "pace" itself unecessarily, with more interesting locations to explore and run around being introduced needlessly late.
>>
>>385212189

It's main gimmick was that it was "open world" but it really wasn't. There were only a few preset paths and you couldn't walk on the streets below (which would have been at least an interesting concept..). It was just a poor game.
>>
also the ending was pretty shit.

"We couldn't stop them in the end.....but.....it was the beginning.....of something"

literally a reference to another sequel that will never happen. Why even
>>
>>385220568
i agree on all those points, bought it for $15 and got 25+hrs in first playthrough. I was a massive fan of mirror's edge and this one actually did the parkour better imo. Story wasn't very good but neither was the first one.
this game was never going to sell well because mirror's edge wasn't really popular to begin with but I'm glad they actually made another one
>>
>>385212189
targeted non players and meme open world players

bad combination
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.