[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you misplan by one tile and your city turns into an assymetrical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: 5e438f0ec4[1].jpg (570KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5e438f0ec4[1].jpg
570KB, 1024x768px
>tfw you misplan by one tile and your city turns into an assymetrical nightmare
>>
The game was terrible without roadblocks anyway. I love the game's aesthetic, but that one thing keeps it from being enjoyable anymore.
>>
>>385208803
>not embracing chaos instead
pleb
>>
The Romans gave up on orderly grid patterns by the end anyway
>>
File: skynet.png (247KB, 839x823px) Image search: [Google]
skynet.png
247KB, 839x823px
>I'll pick up supplies from granary B because it's closer!
>>
What game?
>>
File: caesar 3.jpg (27KB, 817x564px) Image search: [Google]
caesar 3.jpg
27KB, 817x564px
>>385208803
>>385209485
the trick to make "agents" based distribution work in Caesar is to eliminate any and all crossroads on the path of agents AI

do hook-like designs coming from one concentrated granary/stock so that distributors have literally no choice but to go back and forth with no deviation between supply and living quarters

this ensures minimal supply points and the most efficient distribution
>>
>>385210220
Fuck, was the AI really that retarded in C3? It's been so long since I've played it
>>
File: comfy.jpg (139KB, 601x312px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
139KB, 601x312px
Emperor > Zeus > Caesar > Pharaoh
>>
>>385210220
god fuCKING DAMIT.
I still haven't beat Lungdunum to this day
>>
>>385208803
Just look up working block designs online and enjoy doing the same design over and over agan.
>>
>>385210398
When a walker needs a specific destination it searches for the nearest one "as the crow flies" like in the pic

When a walker without a specific destination reaches a junction it will choose a direction randomly

Most levels allow you to build gatehouses, random walkers will never walk through them

If granaries are placed without a road going directly through them they will contain a internal road going in every direction so a random walker could walk down a road with a granary on the side, turn into the granary, turn around, and then turn back the way it came from.
>>
>>385210092
WRONG

the only city in the empire that had an autistic layout was rome, because of a sacking early in it's history. all other roman cities were organized and had a famililar design. rome by contrast was a nightmare. it's by italians today can't build a single building without some historical artifact getting in the way. that and traffic.
>>
File: 1500696750023.jpg (7KB, 232x259px) Image search: [Google]
1500696750023.jpg
7KB, 232x259px
>tfw i fapped to ceres and venus back in the day
I always cheated through this game cause I was 10 but some day I'll try it for good

But I fear the Caesarea level
>>
I seriously can't enjoy and into this game, even though I fucking love the setting

Pharaoh was my first city-building game and a roadblock really spoiled me.
>>
>he doesn't know about housing blocks

biggus plebus
>>
>>385210350

No, the tactic is to build gatehouses that work like roadblocks in the later games. This way you can make housing blocks where the road circles it. This way you can extend the path the walker from a building will take. Also housing blocks allow for more housing.
>>
>>385210401
I bought emperor on gog a month ago
is it that good?
>>
File: well okay then.png (394KB, 375x362px) Image search: [Google]
well okay then.png
394KB, 375x362px
>When you play Miletus for the first time and don't build a million prefectures
>>
>>385211146
>>385210530
I specifically avoided going online this time because autistic minmaxing ruins the comf of these games
>>
File: sheev.jpg (4KB, 176x107px) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
4KB, 176x107px
It's treason then...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.